AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-10, 19:18   Link #261
Acies

Welcome to the NHK

Althought I didn't enjoy the ending that much I found everything up to that really entertaining. It got an really strong depressing atmosphere going through the whole serie and still it were able to make alot of the parts humorous.

Texhnolize

I really enjoyed the style that it were animated in. The action scenes were great and the story required you to be on the alert the whole time in order to not miss any vital information. The thing that I enjoyed most about it thought was the enviroment that was shown - it seemed realistic but at the same time fictional.

Serial Experiments Lain

Yet another anime that requires you (atleast me) to be alert the whole time in order to understand whats going on, allowing the viewer to form he's/her own belife in what is happening, what actually is going on was entertaining. The style was really entertaining. The constant "dialogue" (information being sent) About "The Wired" was entertaining, allow me to form some bizarre ideas that still entertaings me (makes me smirk as soon as I think about them).

BECK

The story was entertaining, the music was great. The way that it potrayed something realistic that at the same time was really unpropable to happen was entertaining to watch. I were taken into the "music world" and got an view of it that I hadn't experienced before.

Chobits

I found the romance intrestingt. The thing that fascinated me most thought was the was they potrayed "IT" (the persocons). An anime that makes you smile and feel warm inside at the same time. How to explain, how to explain, well I quess that will do.
Old 2007-01-11, 02:10   Link #262
AToTheMR

My top 5 anime are...drum roll please....

1~Bokura ga Ita
2~Bleach
3~Naruto
4~Rorouni Kenshin
5~Marmalade Boy
Old 2007-01-12, 08:46   Link #263
poppy@muffy
poppy@muffy

- TACTICSALWAYS!!!!!
- Honey & Clover. i like its character. anime well drawn
- Yami no Matsuei- So cool guys lol~~
-Suzumiya Haruhi no yuutsu
-Shakugan no Shana-bcos shana so Kawaiii!!!
Old 2007-01-12, 09:51   Link #264
Kaasman
Forged by pure anime love

Send a message via MSN to Kaasman
1: green green ( the story was funny and ofc at the end very sad )
2: oh my goddess ( also funny )
3: Naruto ( good story a shame of fillers
4:One piece ( really funny )
5: yu yu hakusho ( Good story line)
Old 2007-01-12, 11:57   Link #265
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
1. Monster
2. Kino no tabi
3. Jigoku Shoujo
4. Mushishi
5. Yakitate Japan
6. Twelve Kingdoms

Honorable mention: Scrapped Princess, Noein, Eureka 7
Old 2007-01-12, 17:49   Link #266
Sakurai

Scary enough my top 5 would be exactly as AToTheMR's

except i lost interest in naruto, so..

1.Bokura ga Ita
2.Bleach
3.Canvas2
4.Rorouni Kenshin
5.Marmalade Boy
Old 2007-01-13, 15:17   Link #267
Cetra
Banned

#1 - Cowboy Bebop
#2 - Kanon (2006)
#3 - Death Note
#4 - Honey and Clover
#5 - RahXephon

Other 10/10s: FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ouran High School Host Club
Old 2007-01-14, 11:15   Link #268
Theowne
耳をすませば

Well, I can easily choose my 3 best, 5 is harder...

Kare Kano

Honey and Clover

Mimi wo Sumaseba (If you listen closely) / English Title: Whisper of the Heart

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2007-01-14, 11:49   Link #269
Xeiros

1.Monster
2.Fullmetal Alchemist
3.Mushishi
4.Full Moon wo Sagashite
5.DEATH NOTE
Old 2007-01-25, 13:36   Link #270
Danov

Top 5 Best Anime Ever

What are the five best animes you've ever watched (or that you're still watching)?
Tell us here, and give motives ^^

My top 5 are:

1° -- Death Note --

Really awsome show, one of the most exciting I've ever seen. Every single character is unique, and it's impossible to don't like L or Raito. All episodes have some surprise, I can't stop watching it. Everyone should see it, for sure.

2° -- Fullmetal Alchemist --

Alchemistry was never the same for me after watching this serie. Despite a few bad episodes, FMA is a huge sucess, with great characters and a really interesting history. Hopefully one day we will se new episodes for this anime.

3° -- Kanon ( 2006 ) --

Althoug I disliked the first episodes, this show became better and better after the weeks. One of the few animes that made me cry at some points. It's history is a little bit "slow", but still it is an awsome show.

4° -- Neon Genesis Evangelion --

Almost everyone has listened about this one. I watched it when I was very young, so I don't recall much thing, but I remember it was great

5° -- Naruto --

Ok, nowadays it isn't a good anime, but at the first seasons it was a really great serie to watch. Ninjas will probably never be as cool as they were in Naruto. Maybe at the next season it gets good again.

what about you? what are your favorite animes?
Old 2007-01-25, 13:55   Link #271
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Aside from there already being a "top 5 anime" thread here and your doublepost, how can death note be your #1 when it's not even half through yet?
Plus there's gotta be something wrong with anyone liking Light as a person (yes it's Light, not that reverse katakana thing "raito", just as it's "death note" and not "desu noto" ).

Ah yes, and it's alchemy, not alchemistry.

Old 2007-01-25, 21:44   Link #272
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

1. Air Tv
2. Elfen lied
3. DearS
4. Shuffle
5. GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)

Air tv and elfen lied is both nr1 for me but i just but it like that
Old 2007-01-27, 14:28   Link #273
libba
nepenthes rajah

I'll pick five in different styles

1) Fullmetal Alchemist - totally the best of shounen, except I sometimes wish the drama was a little less heavy.
2) Slayers (TV and Next and totally not the OVAs) - ten years old yet still lovely slapstick comedy, especially for a fantasy fan who's going to recognize the gags and the whiff of parody.
3) Ouran High School Host Club - the only romantic comedy I've ever liked. Enough said.
4) Yami no Matsuei - the atmosphere is so thick and yummy, you can eat it with a spoon. Every screenshot is pretty and richly colored, sweet and sad and elegant. A bit of a plot hole here and there, but what anime doesn't have them? (I'd actually appreciate suggestions here). Moody eye candy, half mystique, half mystery, all delicious.
5) Code Geass - yes, I know, it's not cool to mention a series in progress, but it's got literally everything I like in anime, and it's my best discovery of 2006, so on the list it goes
Old 2007-01-27, 15:47   Link #274
Altimit

1. Kino no Tabi/Kino's Journey - Easily one of the best TV shows I've ever seen, if not the best.
2. Monster - Simply amazing. Mystery, conspiracy, and more portrayed in a realistic, believable way.
3. Kannazuki no Miko - Great romance, not so great mecha.
4. Last Exile Awesome story, great artwork. The plot does stumble a bit in places, but not enough to seriously damage the whole.
5. Hellsing - Gonzo butchered the manga's plot and gave an inconclusive ending, but the visual style and music are unforgettable.

Code Geass and Death Note are poised to jump onto this list if they continue to be as good as they are right now.

Last edited by Altimit; 2007-01-27 at 15:57.
Old 2007-01-30, 01:15   Link #275
zephyrus

1. Full Metal Panic (all seasons)
2. Fate Stay Night
3. Eureka 7
4. Elfen Lied
5. Futakoi Alternative
Old 2007-02-25, 17:17   Link #276
Eishu

Send a message via ICQ to Eishu Send a message via AIM to Eishu Send a message via MSN to Eishu Send a message via Yahoo to Eishu
Five, hm? It is hard to say an anime is the best so I'll just try to fetch five diffrent ones in style.

a) Akagi:
An anime about a chinese boardgame. Well Hikaru no Go comes to mind, but it couldn't be more diffrent. Akagi has everything an epic anime needs, except for female characters. Akagi is a fucking genius and it really shows, also he is willing to risk everything just for the hell of it. Definitly one of the best protagonists ever. Also the way the anime is displayed you get the feeling to see something really epic, though all they do is play mahjong. They don't play for the sake of the world, but they don't play just for the fun of it either. It a dramatic history in the Japanese Underworld and it is fucking epic.

b) Cowboy Bebop:
Bounty hunters in space. Doesn't sound so great at all, and it might not be to everyones taste. But the short storys are told pretty well and the characters are unique and sympatic. Also a lot of moral is packed into it, but it never really surfaces, it just swims with the anime. And then there is this main storyline that also shows it's head in the end, the honor and the love of a man. All portraied greatly. Really worth the watch

c) Princess Tutu:
A ballet dancing duck saves the heart of a prince in a story. Sounds strange and not really intressting, but heck it is. I heard this anime's storyline took 10 years to create, and heck it looks like it. It is not only a story, but an anime about stories themself. A love drama, a personal drama, fairy tales, dancing. All of it packed into one anime so perfectly one can hardly believe it. It is always possible to tell the next step, but one doesn't even mind. The storytelling is just so faboulus and the stuff going on behind the scenes is even better. I can't really explain it, but it is an experience no one should miss.

d) School Rumble:
Yay school life and comedy. Nothing surprising, but that's fine. The episodes never fail to make you laugh your ass off and the characters are sympathic, too. The characters love relationships are kinda stuck all the time, but that is how most comedy orientated shows are. And in the end it must be hard for the author to decide who should hook up with whom. In my opinion the comedy is what matters, and that is just done so greatly I can't even describe it. In my opinion the first season is still the best, but the second isn't much worse.
The Manga is still ongoing, but there is too much drama going on.

e) Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni:
Everyday life, comedy and slaughter. What the heck is this anime about? Well... there is a lot of stuff going on and no one expects you to understand all of it. It is just a great experience to actually see it coming to the crisis. I was not too sure about mentioning it here, but then I remembered how I sat trough this whole anime in one day because I just couldn't stop. The original work is even greater, and the anime was ruined a bit, espacially the ending. But is still fucking addicting and a second season is coming. So I can only recommend it.
Old 2007-02-25, 18:05   Link #277
weber85

my top five at the moment have to be

5. Nadia Secret of Blue Water

Great Story based off the book 20,000 leagues Under the Sea by Jules Vern.

4. FLCL and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi

i put these two together because there crazy...but the stories are both pretty deep.

3. Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop

you become attached to the characters like youve known them your whole life and then at the end there pulled away from your life and you dont know what to do

2. Evangelion

too much to say...every time i watch it theres a new episode that i find is my favorite...it should of been longer i never wanted it to end ...

1. Howl's Moving Castle, Trigun

Felt longer than a movie...and trigun my favorite superhero Vash the Stampede wonderful story about killing lol...

but in all seriousness theres to many too mention...escaflowne, g gudam, Samurai 7, outlaw star, rahxephon, beck, GTO, macross, the list goes on and on...its amazing how we all grow attached to the characters it doesnt matter with the action going on screen its crazy
Old 2007-02-25, 20:29   Link #278
SilverHead
School Rumble Addict

5. Black Lagoon This one is so cool to watch. Lot of violence/action going on.

4. Midori No Hibi Very funny and good story :P

3. Naruto Anyone doesnt know this one ?

2. Bleach And this one ?

1. SCHOOL RUMBLE The best serie I ever watch. Im addict to School Rumble.
Old 2007-02-25, 22:13   Link #279
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

See my sig.
Old 2007-02-25, 22:46   Link #280
Joojoobees

Post Best 5 Anime

1. Haibane Renmei
  2. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  3. 12 Kingdoms (aka Juuni Kokki)
  4. Cowboy Bebop
  5. Sekai series (Crest / Banner of the Stars)
Closed Thread