AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-03-30, 12:35   Link #121
Velsy

http://theralphretort.com/blizzard-g...laint-3028016/

So a SJW attacks and screws it up for everyone else. SJWs are plagues we cant seem to get rid of anymore :/ Cant seem to keep them out of our games and entertainment.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-30, 13:42   Link #122
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
http://theralphretort.com/blizzard-g...laint-3028016/

So a SJW attacks and screws it up for everyone else. SJWs are plagues we cant seem to get rid of anymore :/ Cant seem to keep them out of our games and entertainment.
Read about this yesterday and couldn't help the facepalm. Game creators these days are so freaking terrified of SJWs....it's crazy. One person makes a really dumb statement, Blizzard folds almost instantly and you get chaos.

For an animation that is so utterly harmless I'm scared of what will happen next in gaming.
Old 2016-03-30, 15:03   Link #123
GDB

And now trolls will submit "SJW rants" about everything because Blizzard showed weakness.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 01:34   Link #124
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A second animated short titled Alive featuring Widowmaker will be out on April 3rd.
Old 2016-04-01, 10:23   Link #125
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
A second animated short titled Alive featuring Widowmaker will be out on April 3rd.
hope they censor any ass shots.
Old 2016-04-01, 10:28   Link #126
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

No no, Widowmaker is evil, therefore its okay for her to show her ass. lols.
Old 2016-04-03, 14:09   Link #127
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

2nd animated short Alive is out.

Old 2016-04-04, 00:53   Link #128
Mr Hat and Clogs

That was pretty good. Bad guys 'winning' for once. Also, much material for shippers of Widow/Tracer. Poor Zenyatta though.
Old 2016-04-04, 01:07   Link #129
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

All of this makes me question why Blizzard chose to make this a Mulitplayer only Competitive FPS, one of the least conducive video game subgenre for story telling.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 01:58   Link #130
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

@Mr Hat and Clogs Actually that's Tekhartha Mondatta, the leader of the Shambali Monastery.

@Chaos2Frozen Before Overwatch, Blizzard was developing a MMO project called Titan before it was scrapped and some of Titan's assets were used for Overwatch.
Old 2016-04-04, 02:02   Link #131
Mr Hat and Clogs

Saw the market fall out of the MMO scene, and didn't think they could hit gold twice I'd say.

Ah ok, I was watching the video on the train and couldn't make out his name properly, thought I heard Zenyatta. Guess not. I thought his head... lights... eyes... were different to Zens.
Old 2016-04-04, 02:20   Link #132
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
@Chaos2Frozen Before Overwatch, Blizzard was developing a MMO project called Titan before it was scrapped and some of Titan's assets were used for Overwatch.
Right, but all that just makes me wonder couldn't they've scrapped it for another genre instead, one that allows them to tell their story from within the game and not external media.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 02:25   Link #133
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well Titan was slated to be an MMO FPS, so using those left over resources in a straight FPS arena game makes sense.

Tracer #Buttgate - Shots fired by professional cosplayer at Heroes Championships
*snicker*
Old 2016-04-04, 03:19   Link #134
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

While the short was great, one thing that irked me was the accents. As someone who has watch British programming like the BBC news, BBC Radio, Doctor Who and Sherlock, i can tell none of these voice actors are actual British or French. Tracer's Cockney sounds something an american kid doing Oliver Twist (watch a video with Idris Elba or Adelle who speak modern cockney to compare), the bodyguard's RP English doesn't sounds naturally and Widowmaker's accent is way too thick for a Frenchwoman speaking english.
Old 2016-04-04, 04:38   Link #135
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Right, but all that just makes me wonder couldn't they've scrapped it for another genre instead, one that allows them to tell their story from within the game and not external media.
Blizzard is all for open games right now, with blatant attempts to make as many crossovers as possible and such games allow it (HotS is a massive Blizzard character MOBA and Hearthstone pretty much does the same as a CCG). Recycling some characters in Overwatch is just a matter of time IMO...not that I blame them, inspiration can be hard to find with so many ongoing projects...but honestly, I would love to see a story-driven game with a classic campaign mode, or even an open world MMO FPS in an attempt to reach a level that FireFall never did.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 05:20   Link #136
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
While the short was great, one thing that irked me was the accents. As someone who has watch British programming like the BBC news, BBC Radio, Doctor Who and Sherlock, i can tell none of these voice actors are actual British or French. Tracer's Cockney sounds something an american kid doing Oliver Twist (watch a video with Idris Elba or Adelle who speak modern cockney to compare), the bodyguard's RP English doesn't sounds naturally and Widowmaker's accent is way too thick for a Frenchwoman speaking english.
Actually according to Blizzard Widowmaker is voiced by a French lady.
Old 2016-04-04, 07:05   Link #137
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^I see. Most french women i seen speaking english are soft spoken and lack any thickness in their voice. This reminded me of how Dragon Age fans were complaining of Leliana's french accent is fake despite the fact her voice actress is actually from France and that's how French people speak english there.

I suspect Widowmaker's voice actress originally spoke how the French really speak english there but the producers told her to extravagant it like how Hollywood does as the fans might not believe that is how the French speak english.
Old 2016-04-04, 08:20   Link #138
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
That was pretty good. Bad guys 'winning' for once. Also, much material for shippers of Widow/Tracer. Poor Zenyatta though.
Yeaaa no, Widow killing a super peaceful preacher guy kind of sealed that Tracer HATES Widow.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2016-04-04 at 08:34.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 09:23   Link #139
Mr Hat and Clogs

You think that will stop shippers.
Old 2016-04-04, 13:01   Link #140
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
You think that will stop shippers.
You think I want that to stop them? Stop all that delicious ship pics? Uhuh no way!

Tags
blizzard, first person shooter