AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 23 39.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 34.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 18.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-21, 15:23   Link #61
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
I don't think so. The all idea of using Ryuko was because Satsuki is incompatible with the Kamui.
I feel that it's going to happen. Kamui Senketsu weeps as Kiryuin goes to the beach. Senketsu, very disappoint in Ryuko, goes to Satsuki (where she still has onee-chan's DNA [and kinda similar too]) and gets worn by Satsuki. Satsuki beats Ragyo while Ryuko is being pwned by Nuinoha. Satsuki gives a speech and Ryuko gets Senketsu again and pummels Nui. The end. But Ragyo grabs Ryuuko, planning to take Ryuuko with her. Senketsu decides the ultimate sacrifice (and Ryuuko forgives him: "SENNNNNNKETTTTTTTTTTTSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!") and grabs Ryuuko's scissor and cuts off her head before falling into an explosion.

Credits scene: Senketsu pulls himself out of the ashes.
Old 2014-02-21, 20:04   Link #62
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Oh, you mean this one?
Spoiler for That's not the only head she wants to pet:
You just made me laugh so hard lol. Taken at the perfect moment.
Old 2014-02-21, 23:04   Link #63
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Mako's mother's eyes kept moving slowly towards that shining light throughout that scene, it was hilarious.

What was interesting was that Dr. Matoi and Shinichiro was one and the same, all he had to do was to throw his arms backwards then bow down so hard so that he could become a hunchback. I kept trying that one but it didn't work

gamagoori blushing when mako was saved was also cute, I guess makoxgamagoori is now offlicial lol
Old 2014-02-21, 23:53   Link #64
Death Usagi
Banned

Yeah, I never thought it worked that way when the age difference between the two was like wide.
Old 2014-02-22, 07:47   Link #65
Tiberium Wolf

Are we going to have some sisterly love at the end? Like calling imouto and aneki.
Old 2014-02-22, 07:52   Link #66
JamJackEvo

Hmm... judging from the preview, I think that Ryuuko is being manipulated somehow.

It's just a theory, but maybe the screeching harps did more than just be an annoyance to everyone's ears. More so for one who is fused with Life Fibers (Ryuuko). Watching the preview again, we get a glimpse of Ryuuko naked and pierced with many Life Fibers as she struggles to break free (does anybody else get flashbacks to the OP when they saw this?). The background is black so there's a chance that this is all happening mentally. An internal, mental struggle.

Maybe that raging face was more manipulation than actual emotion because it seems... I don't know, a little out-of-character maybe, but then again, she did get too many shocks with so little time to process it with a calm mind. Anyway, the "music" might've done something to Ryuuko's emotions, putting RAGE into the very forefront of everything. Ragyo did say that Satsuki is more useful when her rage is at the boiling point (and that could also extend to Ryuuko) and also has something planned if every Ryuuko comes and tries to stop them. Maybe that was it. Ragyo needs either Ryuuko or Satsuki (or probably both) to be fueled with rage because that's a likely ingredient when this Shinra-Kouketsu is completed. And Ryuuko has been shown to be quite susceptible to the manipulations of someone else in the past...

What do you guys think?
Old 2014-02-22, 11:24   Link #67
Breimoon

i was thinking the same. Why the hell would the use a music attack otherwise? At having Ryuuko waking up as a result.
Old 2014-02-22, 23:29   Link #68
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

May be Isshin/Shouichirou fake his dead somehow...
Old 2014-02-23, 00:23   Link #69
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm really surprised this is Trigger's first original anime series... i.e. the first series they've animated by themselves, other than the one episode/movie 26 minute Little Witch Academia.

They've really done an amazing job on this considering it's their first time.

I really hope Trigger does a lot more in the future, because so far Kill la Kill is my favorite anime first, anime, and one of my favorite anime period.

I watched this episode again, and it was just as insane as the first time around, though Ryuko pissed me off a little at the end. poor Senketsu...
Old 2014-02-23, 00:37   Link #70
Jerseykid

I hope gamagori and mako fall in love and have lots of inbetween size babies!
Old 2014-02-23, 00:54   Link #71
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I hope gamagori and mako fall in love and have lots of inbetween size babies!
Just thinking about the mechanics of that...

Old 2014-02-23, 08:49   Link #72
gammon029

So it's confirmed Ishhin is Souichiro.

This means that he finally found a way to weave life fibers into the human body!

Theory: Everytime Ryuuko defeats an enemy a life fiber is absorbed by Senketsu. Where does this fiber go? Looks to me like Senketsu has been weaving those stray fibers into Ryuuko's body. Which explains why she is now so damn strong compared to how she was in the beginning.

TheoryTheory: For this absorption to happen it needs the scissor blade since life fibers are destroyed once they lose their energy source (so far energy sources confirmed to be the original life fiber or a human host). The scissor blade keeps the fiber 'alive' while separated from it's energy source for a short duration. Enough for Senketsu to suck in and weave it into Ryuuko's body!

TheoryTheoryTheory: Perhaps Satsuki's Junketsu is also capable of this although to a lesser extent since Junketsu was made before Senketsu was perfected. All she needs is the other half of the scissors blade.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh snap.
Old 2014-02-23, 23:47   Link #73
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I'm really surprised this is Trigger's first original anime series... i.e. the first series they've animated by themselves, other than the one episode/movie 26 minute Little Witch Academia.

They've really done an amazing job on this considering it's their first time.

I really hope Trigger does a lot more in the future, because so far Kill la Kill is my favorite anime first, anime, and one of my favorite anime period.
Isn't that because they have staff members who worked on previous works like Gurren Lagann? Before they became Trigger I mean.
Old 2014-02-23, 23:59   Link #74
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Ran marathon since ep 12, and God this series were probably the greatest thing i watched since forever.
It built up slow through, so will easily being missed out, but man, just a solid ending and it goes right into my masterpiece rank.

Surely Satsuki really fond of Matoi even before she knows her real identity. And both valued families more than all else, so can't wait for their confrontation next time. Afraid of death flag on Satsuki through
Old 2014-02-24, 03:23   Link #75
Death Usagi
Banned

Eh, considering Satsuki has people like the Elite Four, Soroi and Iori caring for her, I doubt she will really die. And I am sure Ryuuko may try to save her if she does face a death situation.
Old 2014-02-24, 06:05   Link #76
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

It's just that trope of long-lost family members sacrificing himself/herself to save the other when they finally recognise each other. Such an overused trope that i wish to God, Kill la kill won't walk through it.

Another cliche would be Satsuki be brainwashed somehow, probably by that super Kamui thing. Then we have the sister fight once last time before the winner/ both confront their mother for a final boss fight. I'm actually ok with this as long as it execute well.
Old 2014-02-24, 06:21   Link #77
Knightrunner

I'm hoping for the case where both Satsuki and Ryuuko gets swallowed, but Satsuki is the voice of reason since Ryuuko is in rage mode right now.
Old 2014-02-24, 07:28   Link #78
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Isn't that because they have staff members who worked on previous works like Gurren Lagann? Before they became Trigger I mean.
Gurren Lagann and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, let's not forget. Plus the fact that they generally came from Gainax, which surely used to be a good place to train your talent.

But I think it's still amazing that they're managing to pull off such a great anime with so little money anyway. It's like David Production's Jojo's BA all over again. They are really showing that you can make great, GREAT anime with just a lot of creativity and style. They actually turned the lack of animation TO THEIR ADVANTAGE. The huge red characters were an easy way to create grandiose visuals without doing anything too complicated, and they became a trademark of the show and the butt of many fourth-wall breaking jokes as they got leaned on, smashed through, read on an in-anime screen, and so on. They designed an entire character, Nui, to have basically little to no animation as a defining trait - and thus made her creepy as hell by virtue of that. The transformation sequences are reused over and over, but the way they're cut, sped up, or otherwise altered in slight ways always fits the situation and makes them feel fresh every time. This is stylistic genius at work, right here.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-02-24, 10:19   Link #79
Death Usagi
Banned

Kill La Kill is definitely a masterpiece. Time to time, I actually rewatch the anime from the start again because it is just too good.

Some people told me they don't watch it because the art sucks, but I told them to try it out more, then they became fans.
Old 2014-02-24, 11:52   Link #80
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

... and the music is incredible too...

I am a bit surprised at how highly Kill la kill is rated around here actually. Because despite Kill la kill so far is very close to a masterpiece for me. But i thought it was partly due to my soft spot on rivalry between strong fighting girls. And now they are long-lost sisters to boost!! Heck, the editor hit me at right spot with every development