Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-11, 17:26   Link #181
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Mitsuya invites Mikey to his junior where he goes to school with Peh-yan and is actually the president of the sewing club. With a bunch of girls.
Was it a surprise for you to find out that Mitsuya is the President of the Sewing Club, whose members are predominantly girls, in his middle school? He is really good at it to lead and to give sewing advice to the girl members doing sewing work. Look forward to his background and backstory that would come later. He's carrying a lot on his shoulders.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 14:34   Link #182
Frontier

So it turns out that despite everything Kisaki was able to fulfill his plan to merge Toman and Valhalla by having Hanma, in his place, cede the gang over to Mikey and Toman, and to Toman this seems like a victory and achievement that they won and not the sign of their impending corruption. And Kisaki gets to take a victory lap as the guy who helped make it happen .

But I guess it's not a total loss and waste of Baji's death, because someone needs to fulfill Baji's position as captain of the 1st division and the only person Chifuyu would be willing to follow...is Takemichi. So Takemichi gets appointed captain of the 1st division and gets upgraded to the upper echelon of Toman. I'm not sure if he's really earned it, and he's probably woefully unqualified for the position, but it puts him one step closer to taking Toman over and puts him on even footing with Kisaki, so I guess he needs it .

And then Takemichi finally goes back to the future to check on how it's doing and finds that no longer is he an ordinary guy in a dead-end job, but he's living high as a top exec in Toman with his buddies (save for Akkun) all working under him and looking like real thugs. and Chifuyu is his right hand man. This is probably the most dramatic change in the future yet .

Of course Takemichi doesn't have Naoto's number in his phone. Why would a boss in a crime gang have a police detective's number? Although Naoto should still have his memories of the past timelines, so he should know about everything if Takemichi can reach out to him...or at least I'd hope. And what about Hina ?

And then we see the rest of the Toman captains together for a meeting at a restaurant...minus Mikey, who apparently disappeared, Draken who got executed (uh oh), and Mitsuya who...is somewhere? But hey, Pah is back and doesn't seem to have changed much and he and Peh are back at it .

Also seems like Toman has incorporated another gang in the Black Dragons (the next arc in the past?) with there being a generation gap between the new captains from the Black Dragons and the OG!'s in Toman. I think I heard Natsuki Hanae and Junya Enoki as some of the members ?

Kisaki of course shows up and takes Takemichi and Chifuyu in for a private chat where he basically confesses to orchestrating Bloody Halloween...and he has Takemichi and Chifuyu fooled with his faux-regret to where he drugs them and interrogates them to find out who the leak to the police is. Never except a drink from the main villain, guys .

Whether he's a leak or not, Chifuyu has still been trying to bring Kisaki down all these years because he couldn't let go of Baji's death, and Kisaki's not going to let that go. First Akkun, then Hina, and now Chifuyu. How many of his friends' deaths is Takemichi going to have to see and take with him as he keeps going to the past ?

And then Kisaki points his gun at Takemichi and...seems oddly frustrated that Takemichi isn't doing anything? And disappointed? Like, I guess he was aware of all the times Takemichi got in his way in the past but he seems to be weirded out a lot by how Takemichi is acting now like a different person. And then before he shoots Takemichi and leaves us on a massive cliffhanger, he calls Takemichi his "hero." What the heck is going on ?
Old 2021-09-18, 15:00   Link #183
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Was surprised but happy when Chifuyu named Takemichi 1st division captain and all he can do is cry.

Wow another WTF! So since he got shot in the head its over??? Why Kisaki call him his hero and be crying???

Please tell me there is a Season 2?
Old 2021-09-18, 16:43   Link #184
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Kisaki of course shows up and takes Takemichi and Chifuyu in for a private chat where he basically confesses to orchestrating Bloody Halloween...and he has Takemichi and Chifuyu fooled with his faux-regret to where he drugs them and interrogates them to find out who the leak to the police is. Never except a drink from the main villain, guys .
You need to understand business/corporate etiquette in Japan. When your superior offers you a drink, you are generally not allowed to decline. To decline is to insult your superior. What more when your superior pours you the drink. It is always the lower rank that pours the drink. By etiquette, Takemichi and Chifuyu are not allowed to decline when Kisaki pours the drinks for them. How they drink also depends on how the superior drinks as well. If the superior downs it in one go, you are obliged to follow.

The business/corporate etiquette is a development of the feudal etiquette code. Notice that all the second-in-commands at the dinner are not seated but stand behind their respective bosses? Notice that Chifuyu declines to sit down when offered to sit by Kisaki? Chifuyu has been given permission by Kisaki via his invite to do so, i.e. to sit at the same level with Takemichi and Kisaki but he chooses to stick with protocol by continuing to stand behind Takemichi.

Quote:
Whether he's a leak or not, Chifuyu has still been trying to bring Kisaki down all these years because he couldn't let go of Baji's death, and Kisaki's not going to let that go. First Akkun, then Hina, and now Chifuyu. How many of his friends' deaths is Takemichi going to have to see and take with him as he keeps going to the past ?
Umm.. a number more? The burden grows with each arc.

Quote:
And then Kisaki points his gun at Takemichi and...seems oddly frustrated that Takemichi isn't doing anything? And disappointed? Like, I guess he was aware of all the times Takemichi got in his way in the past but he seems to be weirded out a lot by how Takemichi is acting now like a different person. And then before he shoots Takemichi and leaves us on a massive cliffhanger, he calls Takemichi his "hero." What the heck is going on ?
Stay tuned for the next season then but the reason will not be in the coming arc.
Old 2021-09-19, 09:02   Link #185
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

When members were saying why Takemichi for 1st division commander, was that random toman members or were they 1st division members?

In the new future, we didn't see Akkun with the other middle school friends, so I wonder where he is. Also Mitsuya wasn't at the meeting and considering the how long its been Kazutora should be back now as well right? It was stated Draken was executed so that means that Kisaki got him again.

Since cops raided toman's businesses I'm guessing Chifuyu and maybe Naoto linked up?
Old 2021-09-19, 15:55   Link #186
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
In the new future, we didn't see Akkun with the other middle school friends, so I wonder where he is. Also Mitsuya wasn't at the meeting and considering the how long its been Kazutora should be back now as well right? It was stated Draken was executed so that means that Kisaki got him again.

Since cops raided toman's businesses I'm guessing Chifuyu and maybe Naoto linked up?
As to when will the 2nd season be shown is not announced yet, your only recourse now is the manga to get answers to those questions. The 1st season of the show ended at the end of Chapter 73. Thus, start from Chapter 74.
Old 2021-09-19, 20:21   Link #187
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
In the new future, we didn't see Akkun with the other middle school friends, so I wonder where he is.
I think based off of the two previous episodes in which Akkun was one of Kisaki's henchmen that it's clear that Akkun is still doing Kisaki's dirty work.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 22:08   Link #188
Frontier

I assume Akkun was still doing Takemichi's hair .

Tags
shonen, time travel