AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-12-19, 17:37   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1070 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Happy holidays, folks! Time for some early Christmas spoilers, courtesy of AP's Redon and co.:

-Chapter title is "Strongest Humans". In the ministory, we learn that MADS comprised of five scientists who wanted to help humanity and the world: Vegapunk, Caesar Clown, Vinsmoke Judge, Queen, and a woman whose identity currently remains unknown to us readers.

-Luffy apologizes to Sentoumaru for getting him caught by Lucci's attack. The science officer says he DID have his guard up, but the agent's strike was too powerful. Lucci gets ready to attack him again, but this time Luffy intercepts him! Meanwhile, the Seraphims take out the rank and file CP0 agents while Kaku and Stussy stand back and watch. The other Straw-Hats are watching them through the monitor as well, and Franky realizes that S-Shark is using Senor Pink's Sui Sui (swim) no Mi power, making him wonder if the original user is dead. Vegapunk confirms Pink is still alive in Impel Down, however. He also confirms that he can only duplicate Zoan fruits, even mythical types if he has enough time and money (though he notes it's still unknown if they're capable of awakening). He finds Logias too difficult to work with, no matter how he approaches them, but as for Paramecias, he uses a more unique method to copy their powers....

-As it turns out, as long as he's able to obtain the Lineage Factor of a Paramecia user, he can use that to make a unique type of blood, called Green Blood, and by transfusing it into another person, it enables them to also wield that power! With that in mind, he considers the Seraphim to be the pinnacle of science, as this advanced technology makes them the strongest humans alive!

-Back to the battle, Lucci attempts to target Sentoumaru again, but Luffy once again thwarts him. In fact, he's finding himself overwhelmed by the rubber man's strength! Meanwhile, S-Snake directs Chopper and Jinbei to the escape rocket (she seems to have a similar tsundere personality as the real Hancock, heh). As Luffy goes to join them, Sentoumaru tells him he's entrusting Vegapunk's safety to them. On the rocket, Bonney wakes up, though she's surprised by Luffy's "downtime" appearance after using Gear 5, heh.

-At the lab, Nami's group learn about Vegapunk's situation, and for the most part, seem pretty cool with letting him board their ship (Franky and Usopp are particularly excited). Soon, Luffy's group reach the lab, and Bonney starts searching for Vegapunk straight away. She wants him to return her father to normal, or else she'll kill him! Meanwhile, back outside, Sentoumaru has fallen unconscious.... giving CP0 authority over the Seraphims. They demand that all escape routes be sealed off while they hunt down Vegapunk! Out at sea, Kizaru is leading a fleet of battleships towards Egghead. He says that under ordinary circumstances, it would be easy for the Straw-Hats to flee with Vegapunk, but he won't let them have their way....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

-Also, a heads up: While there's technically supposed to be a break next week, the holiday issues tend to leak much earlier than usual this time of year, so don't be too surprised if the 1071 thread pops up around this time next week!

Last edited by marvelB; 2022-12-21 at 15:57.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-19, 18:35   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wait, did Luffy create those sunglasses out of thin air or did he have them on him?
Old 2022-12-20, 10:16   Link #3
Kaz_

Im loving those small weird comical effects of this Devil Fruit and glad more and more are being revealed. Reminds me a lot of The Mask pulling bombs and hammers out of his pants.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-20, 12:44   Link #4
Gerard07

Having seen the spoilers, Luffy is shown to be superior to Lucci, Sentomaru is alive, and Vegapunk talks about replicating the "Akuma no mi", but if the logia fruits are the most difficult to replicate, how did Kizaru's lightning replicate when Vegapunk as a child? (I guess that Franky got his lightning on the island where Vegapunk was as a child, right?), well wait for more spoilers.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-20, 13:39   Link #5
marvelB

A few more details trickled out since I last posted, so I updated accordingly. So far, I gotta say the ministory has the most attention from me right now. It seems implied that Caesar, Judge, and Queen may have had more noble intentions in the past, but I can't really dismiss the possibility that their "official" reasons for joining MADS may have just been false propaganda. Still, I do like the idea that they were once once bright-eyed researchers who legitimately wanted to help humankind prosper, but were eventually led astray by the harsh realities of the world.....

Oh, and anyone wanna bet that lady scientist may have came from Ohara?
Old 2022-12-20, 17:49   Link #6
Rainbowman

With the Hancock and Kuma seraphims, it’s easy to guess which Devil fruits were replicated. With the Jinbe seraphim, there’s got to be an explanation as to why it has Señor Pink’s Devil fruit power along with the question of what kind of connection the real Jinbe has with Señor Pink that resulted in the seraphim to be created. If all the seraphim based on all the warlords have powers of artificial Devil fruit, what kind of powers would the Mihawk seraphim have? If there are other seraphim made, it would be simple to guess what Devil fruit would be used for the seraphim versions of Moriah, Doflamingo, Law, and Buggy. If there are seraphim versions of Crocodile and Blackbeard, it must have been a nightmare for Vegapunk to replicate their Devil fruit powers seeing as they’re both Logia type. The only warlord we know too little of is Weevil and therefore have no idea what powers his seraphim counterpart would have if said seraphim even exists.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-20, 18:51   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
With the Hancock and Kuma seraphims, it’s easy to guess which Devil fruits were replicated. With the Jinbe seraphim, there’s got to be an explanation as to why it has Señor Pink’s Devil fruit power along with the question of what kind of connection the real Jinbe has with Señor Pink that resulted in the seraphim to be created. If all the seraphim based on all the warlords have powers of artificial Devil fruit, what kind of powers would the Mihawk seraphim have? If there are other seraphim made, it would be simple to guess what Devil fruit would be used for the seraphim versions of Moriah, Doflamingo, Law, and Buggy. If there are seraphim versions of Crocodile and Blackbeard, it must have been a nightmare for Vegapunk to replicate their Devil fruit powers seeing as they’re both Logia type. The only warlord we know too little of is Weevil and therefore have no idea what powers his seraphim counterpart would have if said seraphim even exists.
The reason S-Shark has Señor's powers is obvious: so he can use fishman karate to its full extent on the ground. I really don't think it's worth trading for his ability to swim, but whatever. And why would there need to be a connection between Jimbe and him? Vegapunk extracted the lineage factor from Señor after he was captured, created an artificial DF and then fed it to S-Shark. Simple as that.

I'm curious what kind of DF S-Hawk has too. I'm actually hoping it's his sword that has a DF.
Old 2022-12-21, 03:33   Link #8
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Having seen the spoilers, Luffy is shown to be superior to Lucci, Sentomaru is alive, and Vegapunk talks about replicating the "Akuma no mi", but if the logia fruits are the most difficult to replicate, how did Kizaru's lightning replicate when Vegapunk as a child? (I guess that Franky got his lightning on the island where Vegapunk was as a child, right?), well wait for more spoilers.
The question is, if he did already replicate the complete DF at that time. I actually always had the impression, that all he did was creating a laser… like he didn't really replicate the DF as a whole but instead just learned from Kizaru what exactly he was doing with his light to create this beam and then rebuild this using technique.

But actually I'm not so much interessted in how difficult it is to replicate the DF, but more in an explanation on why there always only exist one DF of a type at the time. Well, somehow this should have some influence on the process of recreating it. For example I wonder, if maybe the user of the real DF somehow gets weaker, when the fruit is replicated, because the same power is then distributed between multiple persons. (Would be an interessting information regarding the Kaido-Fight)
Or if the user of the artificial fruit dies, will there pop up a new fruit, like with the natural ones, or will the power be lost/returned to the original holder.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-21, 15:56   Link #9
marvelB

Full summary's out, so updated once again! It's also clarified that so far, only Zoans can be made into artificial fruits. Apparently, Logias are too difficult even for Vegapunk, and as for Paramecias, it turns out the powers are only copied by injecting someone with the original user's Lineage Factor... or Green Blood. Quite interesting. So it seems like this method of copying powers isn't quite as simple as with the SMILEs.... but I do wonder if that means Green Blood could still be circulated through the black market....?

And boy, does younger Vegapunk look silly making that badass pose on the ministory!
Old 2022-12-21, 19:58   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the methods for recreating Zoans and Paramecia powers are completely different.

And the Seraphims can actually talk! I was afraid they'd be robotic like the old Pacifistas.
Old 2022-12-21, 22:28   Link #11
marvelB

In retrospect, I think it kinda makes sense that Judge would have utilized the Green Blood aspect of DF research (or some variation thereof) in his gene manipulation experiments.... it would explain how his kids have unique powers despite not having eaten fruits themselves, Sanji included. As for Queen, I think he may have combined the SMILE and Green Blood methods in his work. In particular, I keep thinking back to that ice monster virus he unleashed.... it definitely came across as pretty Zoan-ish. So somehow he was able to mix the Lineage Factor of a particular Zoan with a virus that alters a person's bloodstream? Damn, that would be crazy if that were really the case....
Old 2022-12-22, 13:40   Link #12
electricmastro

The DNA of the user prob has too much of the element traces to the extent that replicating the DNA is less like replicating the human factor of the samples and more like replicating the element itself if one doesn’t have enough of the actual human DNA.

Vegapunk might have had to have drawn a lot of blood samples from Kizaru in order to get his actual DNA, because his tools and machinery might have been acting as if he was trying to extract pure light otherwise, if that makes any sense.
electricmastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-22, 18:52   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter came out already.

Stussy is probably the woman from MADS, would explain why she's knowledgeable about Vegapunk and technology.

S-Snake having her own personality makes me think she and the others will go up against orders by the end of this arc. Because there's no way the SHs are defeating 4 Seraphims + Kizaru + CP0.

In any case anyone is wondering, S-Hawk definitely has a paramecia ability: I went back to look at the previous chapter and you can see the Green Blood thing on his right wrist in the double spread where Sentoumaru shows up.
Old 2022-12-22, 20:10   Link #14
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, it was explained a bit more about the Robot-Children and their abilities, Franky was worried about Mr.Pink, Luffy (temporarily) defeated Lucci, Vegapunk officially asks to go with Mugiwara and Kizaru will arrive on the island soon, waiting for the next chapter.

By the way, if Hawk really has an "Akuma no mi" ability due to his "green blood", which would suit him better?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-22, 20:30   Link #15
grecefar

any straw hat allies nearby?. yeah cp0 was one thing but the seraphims are too OP and kizaru is almost there so... escape is the only choice.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-23, 21:01   Link #16
Theia_Loki

That one lady from the cover story featuring the rest of MADS looks most likely to be Stussy of CP0. I'd say it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that she's likely somewhere within Shakky's age range, and she looked like she was closer to her 40s or 50s before we got her actual age this year.

And is it just me, or does it look as if one of those scientists in the background of that cover page happens to be one of the same scientists that are a part of Germa's crew of scientists? Possibly the same one that "fixed" Yonji's face from a Sanji-induced denting, and gave his king Judge the revelation that Sanji turned out as a completely normal human being back in the latter's flashback from the Whole Cake Island Arc.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-23, 23:25   Link #17
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Chapter came out already.

Stussy is probably the woman from MADS, would explain why she's knowledgeable about Vegapunk and technology.

S-Snake having her own personality makes me think she and the others will go up against orders by the end of this arc. Because there's no way the SHs are defeating 4 Seraphims + Kizaru + CP0.

In any case anyone is wondering, S-Hawk definitely has a paramecia ability: I went back to look at the previous chapter and you can see the Green Blood thing on his right wrist in the double spread where Sentoumaru shows up.
Sounds like it’s time for Kuma to make his entrance.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-24, 18:21   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, why did Sentomaru not order S-Bear to warp all the good guys including himself and the other Seraphims to their destination instead of staying behind and letting all of the Seraphims fall into CP-0's hands? S-Bear warped all of CP-0 from outside the island, would have been easy to do.
Old 2022-12-26, 04:39   Link #19
necrolyte

^Also why did Sentomaru not order other seraphims to protect him/her from CP0 or why did Luffy run away when he could've just KO'd them and then leave in peace ? My only answer to that is that the story won't go the way Oda wants if they'd to the sane thing here.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-30, 18:48   Link #20
electricmastro

Of course Oda now shows MADS now that Vegapunk has appeared. lol
electricmastro is offline   Reply With Quote