AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-09, 11:21   Link #61
DracoS

Well this hot new show, does lives up to the hype!
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 11:51   Link #62
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

waiting for someone to edit the OP song with this......

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 10:41   Link #63
eisai_haramasukoi

Wow. Pretty good introduction for this show.

Though I wonder how can they sustain that level off animation till December.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 10:57   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD3LF0N53 View Post
Wow. Pretty good introduction for this show.

Though I wonder how can they sustain that level off animation till December.
Lots of recaps. Jojo which didn't have such great animation and even less episodes got like four recaps.
Old 2019-07-12, 14:20   Link #65
sikvod00

I hope Maki hulks out every episode. That body type for women is so rare in anime and I find it very appealing.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 15:00   Link #66
AntonKutovoi

Second episode felt a bit too Shaft-like. Definetely wasn't a fun of it.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 17:14   Link #67
4th Dimension

To me it feels like there is too much pausing during the comedy bits for them to land properly. Also the sparing match felt more like turn based than a fluid thing...

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 17:40   Link #68
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I liked this episode more than the first one because of the somber tone in the second half. I hope they expand upon the story line about the relatives left behind in future episodes.

Watching our boys do their stupid shounen things was, as always, ridiculously over-the-top. Glad Maki whipped them into line. In the bunkbed scene they seem to have set aside their differences for the moment. They, too, were affected by the somber mood.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 18:02   Link #69
Applehell

Yeah liked the 2nd episode better too. How the show is framing the infernal as partial victims reminds me how Demon Slayer did with it's demons. Similarly I imagine there is either a man made or unnatural origin behind the sudden combustion epidemic which may have been involved in Shinra's incident.

Maki was pretty cool and show off that while the 3rd gen are powerful than 2nd gen overall, it's not sure thing that former will win against the later. Authur is kind of annoying but he got a bit better towards the end.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 18:47   Link #70
grecefar

That was badass from maki to whipe the floor with those two. The tournament is early in this serie.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 18:52   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than the first. Maki destroying the two newbies was awesome. Her ability actually seems better than that of the third gens' to me. It was good that the captain made it clear that although they use pretty words like "putting them to rest", what they're really doing is killing those people.

I'm a bit worried about the next episode though, since it seems like some kind of tournament. Really early for that.

By the way, is there a reason Arthur carries a sheathe? Because it's kind of totally useless and just takes up space.
Old 2019-07-12, 19:45   Link #72
Twi

Second gens can control flames in some existing form. They just can't make it on their own.
Old 2019-07-12, 22:23   Link #73
Wandering Soul

I like how the captain cut straight to the point and made it clear that no matter what they call their actions, they are still killing people at the end of the day. It's nice that they are portraying the Infernals as more than just monsters to be killed.
Old 2019-07-13, 07:06   Link #74
Dop
Mmmm....

Wasn't sure about this show after the first episode, but this second episode really sealed the deal for me. We saw someone who if they're not the antagonist they're connected to the antagonist, and we got the truth laid down by the captain about what's really happening when they 'lay to rest' the infernal, and why they're there for the survivors as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
By the way, is there a reason Arthur carries a sheathe? Because it's kind of totally useless and just takes up space.
My guess would be because that way it looks he's got a sword and he thinks that looks cool!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-13, 07:33   Link #75
Twi

Infernals are victims after all. They didn't choose to become that, it just happens. And if you don't kill them them, then they don't stop suffering.
Old 2019-07-13, 07:55   Link #76
James Rye

So we got
the strong, kind-hearted leader
the strict, scary sub-leader
the buff, hopeless romantic witch
the pure, innocent sister
the awkward hero rookie
the dumb proud knight rookie
and the sexy fire neko-chan.

So in this world they got a world religion which is all about flames, raging flames, black flames and a god called Sol. But isn't their year counting pretty young? Like did this church just start 1XX years ago? And did it start with the first generation Infernals putting them to rest? Because if so then there is the question why there weren't any Infernals before that time and how people now keep combusting into them. Which btw impresses ´me how calm this society is. With any of your fella citizens being a ticking fire bomb, you'd expect more people to be careful of each other or to carry some sort of weapons with them either to fight fire or the people who are combusting, even if that is forbidden by law to let the special fire force squads do their job. And in important places like schools, museums, airports, ports, military areas I'd expect 24/7 guards equipped with antiflame-throwers to hold out against a Infernal long enough till the Blue Stripes show up or to prevent the entire building burn down. Like for the factory. How come it had nothing equipped to keep a Infernal at bay and totally has to relay on normal firefighters and the special fire soldiers?
Seems a bit unprepared to me. Or like a business you could make enormous cash in if your tools do have an effect on Infernals even if normies use them.
Old 2019-07-13, 11:08   Link #77
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Látom
What's her secret?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-13, 19:01   Link #78
Decel

Great episode (close to a 9 for me): light comedic intro and character development followed by a much somber exposition in the second half.

I just noticed that neko girl is in the OP, but not the ED where the character faces flash (knight king was shown in the ED of ep1)
Old 2019-07-15, 14:10   Link #79
Nivek von Beldo

This chapter was so Soul eater..and loved how captain nailed the points how the people become infernus were humans before and they just commit justify murder/assited suicide
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 08:23   Link #80
XLNC

Such unfortunate timing, but how possible is it that the anime might get delayed or even canceled due to the KyoAni arson incident?
XLNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, fantasy, firefighting, shonen