AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-02-13, 18:30   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1075 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

The Egghead arc continues! Credit for info goes to AP's Redon and co.:

-Chapter title is "Labo Phase Death Game". In the ministory, Vegapunk meets with the Five Elders.

-Someone is destroying all the den den mushis around the lab, preventing Shaka from monitoring the situation! Meanwhile, the Straw-Hats and Vegapunk clones split into four groups to search for the doctor's main body. The first group is Nami and Brooke with Edison. The second is Chopper and Robin with Atlas. Third is Sanji and Jinbei with Stussy, while the last has Usopp and Franky with Lilith and York. Usopp's group investigate the place where Pythagoras was attacked, and find that the clone survived by detaching his head from his bodybefore getting caught in the explosion. However, another surprise awaits the group: S-Snake! She turns York into stone, then goes for the rest of them!

-And she's not the only Seraphim who went rogue, as S-Bear and S-Hawk attack Luffy's group in the control room! Shaka tries ordering them to stop, but unfortunately, his command doesn't work.... meaning the one who gave them the original order was also a "Vegapunk". It's at this point that Lucci and Kaku wake up, and make an unexpected proposal to Luffy and Zoro: Set them free, and they'll join forces with them to fend off the Seraphims....!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-02-15 at 15:54.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-13, 18:57   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Really need more details, because Lucci wanting to join forces with Luffy makes no sense. Curious what led up to that.
Old 2023-02-13, 19:48   Link #3
Gerard07

Having seen the spoilers, taking into account that the boy-robots ignore Shaka, they probably already received orders from the Goroise and about Kaku and Luccy offering help... why would they do it?, I don't think it's just because Stussy changed Not from the side?, If they don't want to kill Vegapunk why didn't they mention it before?, Maybe it's a trap?, Wait for more spoilers.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-14, 03:51   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Really need more details, because Lucci wanting to join forces with Luffy makes no sense. Curious what led up to that.
Well, I'm sure they'll doubt it since they're CP-0, unless Lucci can explain what the job is about. Considering we will witness a Buster Call on Egghead, we may see Straw Hats show Lucci true justice.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-14, 08:21   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Having seen the spoilers, taking into account that the boy-robots ignore Shaka, they probably already received orders from the Goroise and about Kaku and Luccy offering help... why would they do it?, I don't think it's just because Stussy changed Not from the side?, If they don't want to kill Vegapunk why didn't they mention it before?, Maybe it's a trap?, Wait for more spoilers.
Nah, it doesn't have to be Saturn who gave them orders.

Stussy had the same authority level as Lucci but she mentioned she couldn't overwrite his orders. The same is most likely true for the Vegapunks, so it's one of them doing it.
Old 2023-02-14, 08:52   Link #6
Homura7

The Seraphim Command Authority is as follows:

1st. The Gorosei
2nd. Vegapunk + the Satellites
3rd. Sentoumaru
4th. Anyone with a Chip Command

The elder Star has yet to arrive, so this discards him as the one who issued the order to attack, which leaves us with...

Vegapunk and the Satellites. With the main body MIA, only the Satellites can command to the Seraphim. As they're all Vegapunk, they operate as one single mind, so there should be no inconveniences in that regard... except not. If one of Vegapunk's Satellites went rogue, what do you think would happen?

Once again, there's a traitor in Egghead, and if previous chapter didn't made it clear enough, it can only be one of the Satellites. And my money is all on York.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-14, 14:41   Link #7
marvelB

Full summary's out, so OP updated accordingly! So it's clear now why Lucci proposed the alliance: It's a temporary one to fend off the rogue Seraphims. However, Luffy and Zoro are really reluctant about accepting the offer (apparently, they make disgusted faces similar to the one Oden made in his flashback, lol ). Also, I'm still suspecting York to be the traitor myself, despite her getting turned to stone by S-Snake. Letting herself get attacked could just be a clever ruse to lure the rest info a false sense of security.... before she makes her next big move. We still don't know the motive behind the betrayal, though.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-14, 19:06   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Full summary's out, so OP updated accordingly! So it's clear now why Lucci proposed the alliance: It's a temporary one to fend off the rogue Seraphims. However, Luffy and Zoro are really reluctant about accepting the offer (apparently, they make disgusted faces similar to the one Oden made in his flashback, lol ). Also, I'm still suspecting York to be the traitor myself, despite her getting turned to stone by S-Snake. Letting herself get attacked could just be a clever ruse to lure the rest info a false sense of security.... before she makes her next big move. We still don't know the motive behind the betrayal, though.....
Her getting turned to stone pretty much sealed the deal to me. As for her reasons, I doubt someone with Vegapunk's intellect would enjoy being given her tasks. You're a genius and you're forced to only eat, shit, and sleep. She probably struck a secret deal with the WG to get spared and allowed to do research for them in exchange for the other Vegapunks' lives.
Old 2023-02-14, 21:54   Link #9
Rainbowman

If only we can see the shape of that shadow/silhouette so we could have some clue on who it could be.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-15, 04:28   Link #10
Homura7

S-Snake had York at point blank, could have finished her off like she almost did to Pythagoras. Instead she turned her to stone, kicked her body down and switched to a barrage of laser beams to kill the others. She literally spared her but went all-out on everybody else, the deal is pretty much sealed.
Old 2023-02-15, 13:35   Link #11
The Small One

I wonder how the Seraphim decide on who is authorized to command them.
I'm especially thinking of powers that make one person appear like another, for example Benthams devil fruit. Would they work on them or not I wonder…
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-15, 19:08   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder how the Seraphim decide on who is authorized to command them.
I'm especially thinking of powers that make one person appear like another, for example Benthams devil fruit. Would they work on them or not I wonder…
I don't know but the whole thing seems kind of a mess.

Despite being lower in the hierarchy, Lucci was able to cancel Sentomaru's order after the later lost consciousness. And yet, Stussy who has the same level of authority as Lucci couldn't cancel his order. I'm trying to make sense of it but I'm unsuccessful.
Old 2023-02-16, 05:15   Link #13
Kaz_

While it makes absolutely no sense for a sadist like Lucci to propose this, it will be fun to watch them fight side to side.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-16, 11:40   Link #14
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't know but the whole thing seems kind of a mess.

Despite being lower in the hierarchy, Lucci was able to cancel Sentomaru's order after the later lost consciousness. And yet, Stussy who has the same level of authority as Lucci couldn't cancel his order. I'm trying to make sense of it but I'm unsuccessful.
Easy. Just look at each tier in the hierarchi and count how many individuals there're in each group. Bingo, in the 3rd tier there's only Sentomaru, and as tiers are registered as individual groups (Gorosei, Vegapunk, etc), that means anyone from either a higher or lower tier could overwrite Sentomaru's command once he was taken out. Then there's the lowest tier where anyone that holds a Command Chip can fit in, so taking out Lucci didn't change anything because the Seraphim registered the orders that were sent to them through the chip, not the specific person that was holding it.

After that, Edison cancelled out Lucci's command and the Seraphim went back to their default programming.

Which is to say, they're in hot water right now. The traitor was just confirmed to be among the Vegapunks and that means the Seraphim registered that command as Vegapunk orders, as in the whole group.
Old 2023-02-16, 14:39   Link #15
The Small One

I'm wondering if maybe there is another Vegapunk, that we (and the other Vegapunks) don't know of yet.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-16, 14:46   Link #16
grecefar

now the question is why the seraphims don't listen to shaka and the other vegapunks?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-16, 17:03   Link #17
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
now the question is why the seraphims don't listen to shaka and the other vegapunks?
Because one of them already gave the Seraphim the command to kill everybody in the lab. That they are not listening to Shaka, Lilith or Pythagoras means the Vegapunk traitor is either of the remaining satellites. Atlas & Edison almost got killed for everyone's safety, so... Who does that leave as the only suspect?
Old 2023-02-16, 18:58   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Easy. Just look at each tier in the hierarchi and count how many individuals there're in each group. Bingo, in the 3rd tier there's only Sentomaru, and as tiers are registered as individual groups (Gorosei, Vegapunk, etc), that means anyone from either a higher or lower tier could overwrite Sentomaru's command once he was taken out. Then there's the lowest tier where anyone that holds a Command Chip can fit in, so taking out Lucci didn't change anything because the Seraphim registered the orders that were sent to them through the chip, not the specific person that was holding it.
By that logic sending the order through Lucci's command chip would have worked, yet that didn't seem to be an option.

In any case, it's extremely dumb that people in the same tier can't cancel out orders.
Old 2023-02-16, 20:29   Link #19
Theia_Loki

My gut was at first on York being the traitor, and then until this chapter it was on Lilith (I mean seriously? Lilith the Evil?! Why not?). York was interacting with S-Snake in a sort of "aww aren't you a cutie" kind of way, but I'll be going back to re-read her dialogue with her in case there was something overlooked.
But S-Snake didn't shatter York after she petrified her, and it looks like Saturn (the Gorosei being on his way with Kizaru) is still a ways off to be in any position to give her or the others any orders.

There is still the question of just who is knocking out the cameras. The perpetrator's hair looked similar to dreads coming down, and we haven't seen Caribou since before CP-0 "tried" to attack the Sunny. I doubt our swampy "friend" would have any expertise or know-how on knocking out cameras in a government facility without getting lost himself, but he's the only other suspect outside the Seraphim themselves. Remember Udon prison back in Wano during Act 2 of that arc? I sure didn't.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-16, 21:34   Link #20
Gerard07

Having seen the episode, it's good to know that the original Vegapunk wasn't dismembered alive to create his clones, they still haven't found the traitor on Vegapunk's side and Lucci and Kaku want a temporary alliance (I don't think it's a good idea).
The weird thing is that Stussy said before that people with the same authority can't rewrite "robot-kid" commands, so "another Vegapunk" shouldn't be able to (unless he's an exception for being the creator). My theory is that the "traitor" who is destroying the cameras is in direct contact with Saturn (making something similar to a video call), and the old man from Goroise has ordered the "robot-boy" to attack all the rebels, although not I know why they would also like to kill Lucci and Kaku (maybe because they failed the mission or something like that?), well wait for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote