AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2024-01-24, 04:27   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1105 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time again, folks! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for info:

-Chapter title is "Pinnacle of Stupidity". Splash features the mink trio of Carrot, Inuarashi, and Nekomamushi.

-As the Buster Call prepares to bombard Egghead, Saturn tells the escaping marines that he and Kizaru will remain on the island a bit longer. Vegapunk feels it would make more sense to merely snuff him out than to outright destroy the island, but Saturn says he isn't taking any chances. In fact, a marine vessel was already sent to sink the ship carrying the refugee scientists!

-As for the Straw-Hats, after assuring Bonney that he'll help save Vegapunk, Sanji gets in contact with Nami. Her group are already at the back of the Labo phase, but they can't use Vegapunk's robot to escape since it got destroyed during the earlier battle between Luffy and Kizaru. Zoro is still battling Lucci, but Jinbei is headed their way to break up the fight. Thankfully, the Sunny is safe for the moment, since Brooke was able to freeze the island clouds supporting it... but there's still no feasible way to safely get it off the island.

-Back to the marines, they target the island's barrier! Meanwhile, Atlas is transporting Kuma and Franky back to the Labo phase with the capsule rocket.... but it ends up getting destroyed by Kizaru. As they fall, Saturn orders the PX army to destroy them all, enjoying the irony of them all getting killed by clones of the person they're trying to save! We also see where Luffy ended up.... near the food vending machine from earlier in the arc. He already managed to stuff himself before some marine soldiers surround him. Suddenly, Kizaru is contacted by the battleship that was sent to hunt down the refugees: They failed in their mission, as they were attacked by an unknown party! And now, that mystery enemy is making their way toward Egghead....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-24, 04:31   Link #2
marvelB

Place your bets, guys! Who's on their way to Egghead now? Blackbeard? Straw=Hat Grand Fleet? Shanks? Cross Guild? Roger's ghost? There's many a possibility!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-24, 06:02   Link #3
Kaz_

So much for all those Kizaru betrays WG debates…

Anyway its without any doubt Dragon himself. Its about time for him to show what he is capable of with Saturn as high value target. His weird wind/storm ability from loguetown would also be the reason how Battleship got destroyed by not even recognizing their presence/identity.

Besides he has all the reasons in the world to save Kuma.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-24, 08:44   Link #4
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Place your bets, guys! Who's on their way to Egghead now? Blackbeard? Straw=Hat Grand Fleet? Shanks? Cross Guild? Roger's ghost? There's many a possibility!
There’s also the possibility of Dragon and the revolutionaries that deduced where Kuma went.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-24, 11:08   Link #5
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
There’s also the possibility of Dragon and the revolutionaries that deduced where Kuma went.
I don't think this is very likely.
A thing we often tend to forget (since the several chapters take weeks and months to be published) is, that all the things happen in a very small amount of time.
Kuma has an instant teleport ability, but nearly all the other people in the world have to travel by much slower means.

So the party, that is about to appear, has to be someone, who was close to Egghead in the first place.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-24, 11:21   Link #6
Gerard07

Seeing the spoilers, I hope there will be a Sanji vs Kizaru (I think it would be a good experience for the cook), the Zoro vs Lucci continues (did Jinbe help him fight or did he make sure Zoro didn't get lost?), and about the who arrived on the island, I guess they must be the Kurohige pirates (a ship with their flag had been seen before), so let's wait for more spoilers.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-24, 15:39   Link #7
CIRQUAN

I believe it`s Blackbeard. He was waiting for whoever left Wano and headed his way... He is an opportunist and will surely grab this chance to try and get a hold of Kizaru`s DF, or even Saturn`s...

Will have to wait and see.

set by myself
CIRQUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-25, 09:37   Link #8
grecefar

I think kizaru will turn face, you can tell this is affecting him. I think he will let the straw hat escape at the end.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-25, 09:50   Link #9
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

So, this would be Kizaru's decision whether he has to assist Straw Hats to escape or not.

As long as the robot is operational, it should be enough to hold St. Saturn off. The consequences would be Blackbeard's bounty could doubled if he succeds in defeating St. Saturn and acquire its DF.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-26, 12:34   Link #10
Homura7

It's not the Blackbeard pirates.

Prior to where we are currently, the narrative talked about a great incident that will shake-up the entire world.

You know where else these exact same words were used? At the end of the Dressrosa arc, when the Strawhat Pirate Grand Fleet was established.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-26, 19:29   Link #11
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, the Buster Call that will destroy EggHead and the Vegapunk effort begins, the Mugis prepare to escape, Sanji stayed behind to save Stella, but I hope he manages to help Bonney and Kuma, and about who destroyed the Ships of the Marines, I guess it was the Kurohige Pirates or the Revolutionary Army, I don't think it was the Mugiwara Fleet since they didn't know what was happening in Egghead or getting to the island so quickly, the next chapter will be quite interesting!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-26, 19:50   Link #12
grecefar

I place my bet on the revolutionary army. They have the most reasons to go to egghead.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 18:00   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I place my bet on the revolutionary army. They have the most reasons to go to egghead.
Unlike Kuma, they can't teleport. Their new headquarters was strongly implied to be on the other side of the red line, hence why Kuma needed to climb to the top.
Old 2024-01-30, 12:41   Link #14
necrolyte

The chapter was nice. I like the fact they told us what happens with the others.
On the topic who is coming to the island, I really hope it would be Dragon. He has been hyped since Loguetown but we haven't seen him fight anyone for 20 years. I think it is finally time to see him in action.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote