AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-20, 15:41   Link #41
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
Spoiler for usage or non-usage of Vol. 1 ending:
Mumumu... I missed that (or rather, I couldn't even remember where that line was from. "YUKI.N> sleeping beauty" would've been much more recognizable... or maybe that spoils too much? ^^; )... So maybe they will cover the entire volume 1 after all? It would probably explain Haruhi's "episode 7" thing if Yuutsu really does go on for 6 episodes... (If Haruhi is trying to follow the in-story timeline at all, that is)

Well, since volume 1 and 4 are the most important ones here, I personally wouldn't mind seeing them spend more time on either, but it'd be nice to have a few side-story episodes too. At the very least, I would really love to see them do Endless Eight... Although there's nothing to suggest it from the OP/ED...
Old 2006-04-21, 00:33   Link #42
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Wow, after reading the translations at baka-tsuki, Kyo-Ani did leave a huge chunk of interaction out of The apartment scene with Yuki and Kyon in episode 3.
Spoiler:

I kinda wonder how KyoAni is going to develop Haruhi from episode 3 onwards.
Old 2006-04-21, 00:39   Link #43
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Mumumu... I missed that (or rather, I couldn't even remember where that line was from. "YUKI.N> sleeping beauty" would've been much more recognizable... or maybe that spoils too much? ^^; )... So maybe they will cover the entire volume 1 after all? It would probably explain Haruhi's "episode 7" thing if Yuutsu really does go on for 6 episodes... (If Haruhi is trying to follow the in-story timeline at all, that is)

Well, since volume 1 and 4 are the most important ones here, I personally wouldn't mind seeing them spend more time on either, but it'd be nice to have a few side-story episodes too. At the very least, I would really love to see them do Endless Eight... Although there's nothing to suggest it from the OP/ED...
I do think "Sleeping Beauty" itself may spoil too much, but unless someone's read the novel they're not going to be able to make that connection so easily on their own In any case "また図書館に" is the line just before "sleeping beauty"... It kinda stood out for me precisely because it was there in the opening so I was looking out for that line when I was reading the novel. I personally do want them to cover Vol.1's ending... I'll be reading Vol.4's ending in about 200++ pages soon so... I'll see then which one I prefer as a series end
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
Wow, after reading the translations at baka-tsuki, Kyo-Ani did leave a huge chunk of interaction out of The apartment scene with Yuki and Kyon in episode 3.
Spoiler:

I kinda wonder how KyoAni is going to develop Haruhi from episode 3 onwards.
They actually just stopped at precisely the moment in the novel Yuki tells Kyon that she's (and Haruhi) are not normal humans, just before she goes into long-winded explanation mode. So its too early to say they "eliminated" the explanation because they may very well just pick off where they left off in the next episode continuing with Yuki's scene.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-21, 00:52   Link #44
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
They actually just stopped at precisely the moment in the novel Yuki tells Kyon that she's (and Haruhi) are not normal humans, just before she goes into long-winded explanation mode. So its too early to say they "eliminated" the explanation because they may very well just pick off where they left off in the next episode continuing with Yuki's scene.
Hmm that's a possibility but judging from what I've read, the entire breadth of Yuki's description would probably have to be incorporated within the show and also judging from Yuki's character (and the content of course) it's longwinded because it has to be. Also there's the question of how they could smoothly transition from their 4-person team into the 7-8 person team shown in the previews if they were to continue off from Yuki's "monolgue." I'd assume that they'd need to make some room for the introductions of Tsuyura and Itsuki and unless Tsuyura is a really minor character, I believe a decent introduction is in order, which basically leaves no room for actual storytelling =/

Then again, I haven't ordered my copies of the novels yet so I don't know much
Old 2006-04-21, 00:52   Link #45
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(Well we'll see if that actually gets animated. At any rate I have my sig ready for it ^^)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-04-21, 01:02   Link #46
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Hmm that's a possibility but judging from what I've read, the entire breadth of Yuki's description would probably have to be incorporated within the show and also judging from Yuki's character (and the content of course) it's longwinded because it has to be. Also there's the question of how they could smoothly transition from their 4-person team into the 7-8 person team shown in the previews if they were to continue off from Yuki's "monolgue." I'd assume that they'd need to make some room for the introductions of Tsuyura and Itsuki and unless Tsuyura is a really minor character, I believe a decent introduction is in order, which basically leaves no room for actual storytelling =/

Then again, I haven't ordered my copies of the novels yet so I don't know much
The concerns you bring up there and the handling of the timing of placing the baseball event before all the explanations have been made are precisely why I'm feeling particularly anxious about the next episode. *crosses fingers*
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
(Well we'll see if that actually gets animated. At any rate I have my sig ready for it ^^)
What do you mean? Its already animated! That line is sitting there right in the opening!! .......Oh you meant the Vol. 1 ending?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-21, 01:07   Link #47
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
The concerns you bring up there and the handling of the timing of placing the baseball event before all the explanations have been made are precisely why I'm feeling particularly anxious about the next episode. *crosses fingers*
I guess in times like these, all you can do is have faith. I'll proclaim it now, I have faith in KyoAni and in Haruhi!

Quote:
Your sig is inexplicably confusing to people who haven't read the novels :P (well ok maybe it's just me...)
I hope no one's brain explodes from thinking it over too much
Old 2006-04-21, 01:13   Link #48
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well I agree with the assumptions made by Sushi-Y over how the story will play out actually. Personally I would like to see season 2 of Haruhi instead of having everything crammed into 13+1 eps.

If KyoAni's direction is of any indication... flashback or some form of a 'dream' might be the way how that conversation which is omitted will come back to us. The secret left untold is more mind-boggling anyway.

(again, my sig is 'ready' for even what's coming next... nihaha)

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-04-21, 01:22   Link #49
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
I guess in times like these, all you can do is have faith. I'll proclaim it now, I have faith in KyoAni and in Haruhi!
True... but I still feel anxious!
Quote:
Well I agree with the assumptions made by Sushi-Y over how the story will play out actually. Personally I would like to see season 2 of Haruhi instead of having everything crammed into 13+1 eps.

If KyoAni's direction is of any indication... flashback or some form of a 'dream' might be the way how that conversation which is omitted will come back to us. The secret left untold is more mind-boggling anyway.

(again, my sig is 'ready' for even what's coming next... nihaha)
There's absolutely no way it can be crammed into 13+1 eps. If they did it wouldn't do Haruhi justice at all. I do hope they don't 'withold' the secret too long. Part of the fun of reading the more 'fillerish' stories was the knowledge of those secrets hovering in the background of all the character antics.

(hmm.. maybe I should start weedling "John Smith" into my signature somewhere )

Old 2006-04-21, 01:37   Link #50
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
(hmm.. maybe I should start weedling "John Smith" into my signature somewhere )
Better be careful with that name. In the hands of the wrong person (Kyon), it could literally destroy the world.
Old 2006-04-21, 02:06   Link #51
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlighted from panzerfan's sig
YUKI. N> HWEBGEN2 -"../Kanon/Rev2/Kanon2.1" -OPEN
????!!!!
A-re? Whats this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Better be careful with that name. In the hands of the wrong person (Kyon), it could literally destroy the world.
"Sleeping Beauty" X "John Smith" コレでは世界を滅ばないだろう

Old 2006-04-21, 02:14   Link #52
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Rofl, I understand the sig now
Old 2006-04-21, 07:02   Link #53
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
"Sleeping Beauty" X "John Smith" コレでは世界を滅ばないだろう
What's this got to do with Beer?

wakanai zo!
Old 2006-04-21, 07:40   Link #54
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
What's this got to do with Beer?

wakanai zo!
LOL Nothing at all... you'll understand soon

Going back to episode speculations...
Spoiler for Thoughts after finishing Novel 4:

Last edited by melange; 2006-04-21 at 13:35.
Old 2006-04-21, 07:49   Link #55
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
LOL Nothing at all... you'll understand soon

Going back to episode speculations...
Spoiler for Thoughts after finishing Novel 4:
You can read the novel?!

*contemplates kidnapping Melange for Haruhi Novel Translation Project*

mmm...black hood.....shock baton.....cake.....
Old 2006-04-21, 09:52   Link #56
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
You can read the novel?!

You may also need pictures of suggested sexual harassment of Mikuru to wheel him in
Old 2006-04-21, 10:15   Link #57
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
You can read the novel?!

Sorry, not unless said kidnapper is Haruhi herself
Quote:
You may also need pictures of suggested sexual harassment of Mikuru to wheel him in
Unfortunately Mikuru doesn't really do it for me compared to Haruhi and Yuki Vol. 4 Yuki wa moe yo moe!

But more seriously, it doesn't really fit my 'schedule' (if you can call it that) to do translations... maybe later.

Old 2006-04-21, 10:32   Link #58
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Sorry, not unless said kidnapper is Haruhi herself

Unfortunately Mikuru doesn't really do it for me compared to Haruhi and Yuki Vol. 4 Yuki wa moe yo moe!
Oh no, I think you've mistaken the intent, those pics are to be released on the web so that Mikuru fans would burn you at the stake if you don't comply

Haruhi's character is beginning to really rub off on me
Old 2006-04-21, 10:37   Link #59
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I am not sure if Haruhi rubbing off is a good thing or otherwise...

Old 2006-04-21, 12:18   Link #60
PastPrime

I have seen the theory posted that Haruhi might have created Kyon with her powers because she needed someone like him. But what if the opposite was true. Kyon was the bored god, unaware of his powers, and he created or changed Haruhi in order to bring some excitement into his life. The time when he quit believing in Aliens, ect., is probably close to the time of Haruhi's first known use of her powers.
Closed Thread