Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-08-13, 15:49   Link #4601
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyng222 View Post
Hi, Im new here, i was wondering if anyone knows about the MG aile strike gundam and its wing problem? My MG aile strike pack wings doesnt stay up like on the manual. Are the aile striker's wings suppose to stay up high or is it not?

This is what other people did:
http://model.otaku.ru/images/seed8.jpg

But i my striker pack's top wings slides down lower than that, near horizontal.
Anyway to fix it if it is suppose to stay up?

Maybe you were playing with it to much and it got loose. or perhaps you did something wrong while putting it together, like not pushing the pieces in place tightly.

The only thing i can think of it take that part apart and stick a TINY amount of clay into the groove and then put it back together. That's only a one time trick though. if you move it after that the clay will break apart.
Old 2007-08-14, 04:47   Link #4602
Mr Chow
YO! Where's the food at?
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Mr Chow
Quote:
Hi, Im new here, i was wondering if anyone knows about the MG aile strike gundam and its wing problem? My MG aile strike pack wings doesnt stay up like on the manual. Are the aile striker's wings suppose to stay up high or is it not?

This is what other people did:
http://model.otaku.ru/images/seed8.jpg

But i my striker pack's top wings slides down lower than that, near horizontal.
Anyway to fix it if it is suppose to stay up?
Did you by chance shaved the rubber part before you inserted the pieces together, once your built the unit? Maybe using a small amount of blu-tac inserted between the joints may add some friction, or glue it permently into place - as a last resort!! Cheers
Mr Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 05:56   Link #4603
thephreak

whooo...the Turn A got a 104 from Dalong. Anyone who got the kit care to share if its worth the money? personally, i think the design isnt spectacular, but the simplicity of it is quite appealing.
thephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 20:38   Link #4604
Kittie Rose

Guys, I'm not so gone on model kits, to be honest. I had a few and they were fun to build, but they fall to pieces when I try to pack them.

I'm honestly thinking of getting into MSIA and other Gundam figures. I know they're not as detailed; but some of them are quite cool. Mainly the Turn A, and there's a Zaku that looks decent.

Can anyone name me some non-model kit Gundams that don't suck? I'd love to build up a bit of a collection.
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 07:28   Link #4605
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
HG Exia Boxart?

Frm Pam's Homepage
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 12:12   Link #4606
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The box art is quite cool...except the background. It needs some works
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 19:57   Link #4607
jbui

anyone have any pics or know where to find some pics of gunpla painted all white?
jbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 20:58   Link #4608
jackyng222

Maybe I moved it too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chow View Post
Did you by chance shaved the rubber part before you inserted the pieces together, once your built the unit? Maybe using a small amount of blu-tac inserted between the joints may add some friction, or glue it permently into place - as a last resort!! Cheers
I dont think I shaved it off because when cutting it off the runners, the part that connects the wings and the striker pack together was protected. Maybe I did move it too much and now it got loose or maybe once wrong move and it jerked the piece off a bit. I did remember having to take the wings off again because I misplaced a piece. Man that sucks, I'll take my time on MG and PG kits now, learned a lesson. Don't rush kits or else you can mess up something important.
jackyng222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 23:20   Link #4609
Mr Chow
YO! Where's the food at?
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Mr Chow
Quote:
I dont think I shaved it off because when cutting it off the runners, the part that connects the wings and the striker pack together was protected. Maybe I did move it too much and now it got loose or maybe once wrong move and it jerked the piece off a bit. I did remember having to take the wings off again because I misplaced a piece. Man that sucks, I'll take my time on MG and PG kits now, learned a lesson. Don't rush kits or else you can mess up something important.
I've done that mistake before as well! When I first bought my first Gundam, I rush to build it; I realised that I should of taken my time to complete it. I'm not a novice to model building, but do get excited in completing one; though I should of taken the time to spray it and decal it properly! But now that I've concentrated on the PG range - I'll definately take my time and do the job right, at the price they sell them in NZ I'm happy that I import them from HK instead. Cheers to Leo up there in Hong Kong for the amazing Gundams!!
Mr Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 05:54   Link #4610
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I think they will probably change it, the background's really too plain and Bandai would be idiots if they just released it like that.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 09:27   Link #4611
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
I think they will probably change it, the background's really too plain and Bandai would be idiots if they just released it like that.
It's just the prototype boxart, it's not the final design.

People seem to think that the rough art seen in conventions is the final box, especially for a product that's months away from release (heard the same comments for the MG Freedom, MG Strike Freedom, MG Strike Noir, HG Kerberos BuCUE and HGUC GM Striker boxarts when they were first shown... and each and everytime the FINAL boxart is always more refined and different from what was shown previously) .

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 02:21   Link #4612
GameraBaenre

Ok, so since the engineering of the new Zaku is so friggin nice, I decided to experiment and try building one of these suckers without painting it (in the traditional sense of painting the thing) I did use paint for the mono eye, drybrushing, and the fade. I do not count the clear coats that I used as paint since it's still using the base molded colore bandai gives us.

Normal sanding techniques were used. To get the fun little texture to the kit, I used your run of the mill solvent model glue. In this case, I used Mr Cement deluxe from Gunze Sangyo. I just brushed on the glue using the supplied applicator and then took an old tooth brush and scrubed the surface until the glue was dry. The process is fairly quick. Then I let the parts sit over night so that the glued surfaces cure properly. Taking a 150 grit sanding pad, I just sanded the surface to smooth out things a bit and when done, I had a nice little roughed up surface.

The entire build process can be seen here:
http://gamerabaenre.com/no_paint_zaku2_0_progress.htm
I'm not done with the project yet, I still need to build the weapons.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 05:36   Link #4613
Akyra

Just wondering, anyone know the actual difference between the normal Tamiya Cement and the Tamiya Extra Thin Cement?

The extra thin cement is very hard to get in Sydney Aust...
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 18:03   Link #4614
raideralan

I'm new with model kits and I was wondering if they are not painted what paint should i use? Where can I get this paint? ( I live in New York) If I were to clean the model what should I use to avoid damage to it?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 20:09   Link #4615
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralan View Post
I'm new with model kits and I was wondering if they are not painted what paint should i use? Where can I get this paint? ( I live in New York) If I were to clean the model what should I use to avoid damage to it?
If u live in new york i would order from image anime as u would get them in 1 day seeing as they r located in NY. for painting i would get gundam markers as they work very well as for cleaing models u should use a very soft paintbrush as it works very very well.

heres a link to the site.http://store.imageanime.com/gundammodels.html
Old 2007-08-18, 00:59   Link #4616
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

From Gunota

Quote:
Chara Hobby 2007
More than one report from 2ch says the Gundam Unicorn promo video features the Unicorn & Kshatriya. The end of the video is said to announce the coming of some form of Gundam Unicorn plamodel.
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 03:55   Link #4617
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbui View Post
anyone have any pics or know where to find some pics of gunpla painted all white?
Not -quite- all white, but here's the F91 I entered in the Melbourne Model Expo 2007:

And related to that, my Crossbone Gundam...Err "Herlock Custom". ^_^;;;
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 07:00   Link #4618
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
1/100 Gundam Unicorn coming?

Frm Danny Choo
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 12:06   Link #4619
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Its rather unfortunate I was unable to see a MG sticker around there....

Maybe a new line of 1/100 using tech from the Saviour Gundam?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 13:41   Link #4620
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Those look like mastergrade hands if im not mistaken...

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy