AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-10, 16:39   Link #1521
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

To me I am patiently waiting for the arrival of the 60's episodes, because the following fight which happens between the seventh and eighth volumes of the manga would be taking at that time.

I cannot spoil much, but what I can say that is when Lenalee will be shining in all her Exorcist glory.

I really love how the manga at that time built her character.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 17:12   Link #1522
Raidou-Kun
Candyyy Mountain !!1

I can't wait to see what happens next
Raidou-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 17:24   Link #1523
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
To me I am patiently waiting for the arrival of the 60's episodes, because the following fight which happens between the seventh and eighth volumes of the manga would be taking at that time.

I cannot spoil much, but what I can say that is when Lenalee will be shining in all her Exorcist glory.

I really love how the manga at that time built her character.
Spoiler:
zomg finally!? ;__;
with that i expect to see lenali kick (no pun intended) some major ass...no excuses are acceptable

i bet she has another level of release as well as her final trump card of awesomeness! :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 22:19   Link #1524
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Will now be looking forward to things. It's tough seeing Lenalee so depressed and sad. Her going out there to kick someone's ass will be a nice thing to see. Of course it's all been tough on her but just think that will be nice to see.

Personally next week promises to be another important episode. Seeing Allen deal with his loss that is so massive. He wants to save people and do everything he can to help. With his arm and innocence gone how will he manage? Sure his eye is still useful and should still work, but he won't be able to attack anything himself.
Old 2007-11-11, 02:08   Link #1525
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 57. Loss and Reunion

Ok. A pleasant surprise is that both Shinsen and Black-Order fansubs have now released their subs for episode 57. Order made an impressive recovery on catching up with the current episodes in the past week.

Back on topic, I don't need to make comparison between this episodes to its chapter counterparts for the manga. Everything went exactly with few minor extensions.

First of all, I want to comment that since the show went back in track with the manga storyline we have been astonished and surprised with the quality for both the animation and the darker tone that the series is starting to take off. The previous two episodes were simply extraordinary, but still D.Gray-man lacks the needed momentum to deliver memorable and legendary episodes that surely will arrive when the show reaches its climax, assuming that there won't be fillers after episode 64 airs.
However, the TV series shows promise that its strength is growing as the protagonists are getting fleshed out by portraying how weak and frail they are at the midst of the bloody war that they have vowed to fight on, and the darkness that looms in their hearts lurking at any moment to drag them into hopelessness.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for The dream and the moons:

Spoiler for Bookman:
Old 2007-11-11, 06:27   Link #1526
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

maybe just maybe the heart innocence is split into half and one is with lenellee the another with allen>><
FreedomMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 06:36   Link #1527
Macnown

!SUGOI episode 57 was!

So Tykki spared Allen's live? it doesnt make sense.
So Allen is back to a normal human being.

It probaly wasnt the way i wanted everyone to find out about Allen
but it certainly does make them understand how Allen felt when he was tortued.

hahaha Trust Miranda to be the character to lighten up the episode a bit.
No greetings from Lenalee to Miranda really shows how depressed she is,
which only makes her love stronger for Allen when she sees him

I swear D.Gray-man can't get any better than it already is but reading the other manga readers comments it sound like it will be alot better!
This is already rated 10 on my anime list.
Macnown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 07:37   Link #1528
Mystearika

yay i am happy i chose to see grayman, (well witout some fillers)

ep 57 was great, yay for miranda, it good to have her back she is my fav charackter
ever since the revinding town arc

i like the way the dream was done, it was very mystearius, i like such tings

sorry for my bad spelling, i am not from a english speaking country, i can understand it but to write it am i not so good
Old 2007-11-11, 08:02   Link #1529
EarlyBlake
N L A M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macnown View Post
So Tykki spared Allen's live? it doesnt make sense.
He made the classic Bond villain mistake -- leaving him to die slowing.
EarlyBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 08:02   Link #1530
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I haven't watched D. Grayman since the start of fillers... which ep did they start going back to the actual story?
Old 2007-11-11, 09:20   Link #1531
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Gotta be grateful for Miranda. Able to bring a bit of humor into a pretty bleak situation. Plus Lavi getting some salt water into his wounds and then getting beaten to a pulp by Panda. Maybe can't offset all that's happened but does a nice job making you smile.

All everyone knows are the dark facts. Seeing Suman die and what happened to Allen. Not certain from what Won said whether he's alive or whether they are simply holding onto his corpse. At least thanks to Bookman there is some hope for Allen being alright.

It was the best thing for Allen to meet up with Tyki alone. Anyone else there would've been taken out anyways and would've added to the situation. This guy could take out teams of exorcists so Lenalee wouldn't have mattered. Course that realization doesn't make things suddenly easier to handle.
Old 2007-11-11, 11:15   Link #1532
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lenali being depressed about not being able to save allen is understandable really...even with the fact that she may just be adding to the casualty list if she was there at the time. it would be selfish (and impossible) for lenali to think that it was a good thing that she wasnt there seen as she would have die with allen as well seen as she would rather die along with him that have the feeling that she has just abandoned an important friend.
lavi is right aswell - the fact that she couldnt have done anything given the situation it just isnt her fault at all. but perhaps lavi didnt comperhend how sensitive lenali is towards these types of matter.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 11:29   Link #1533
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Hurray for the return of Miranda! i kinda feel sorry for her to not sleep for 5 days yikes!
Ive always wondered, why does Lavi wear an eye patch?
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 11:51   Link #1534
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Ive always wondered, why does Lavi wear an eye patch?
LOL! To be honest, it wasn't revealed yet but one could probably guess the answer base on the manga scans that came out...

Spoiler for not really spoiler, more of a hint:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 11:52   Link #1535
Macnown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
lenali being depressed about not being able to save allen is understandable really...even with the fact that she may just be adding to the casualty list if she was there at the time. it would be selfish (and impossible) for lenali to think that it was a good thing that she wasnt there seen as she would have die with allen as well seen as she would rather die along with him that have the feeling that she has just abandoned an important friend.
lavi is right aswell - the fact that she couldnt have done anything given the situation it just isnt her fault at all. but perhaps lavi didnt comperhend how sensitive lenali is towards these types of matter.
Yeah, what made it worst was that even that she couldn't do anything, she lost a close friend which probaly adds upto why shes so depressed.

lol Its funny how Miranda just says she hasnt slept for 3 days already.
Lavi looks like a proper pirate now with an eye patch. Maybe its like Kenpachi in Bleach?
Lavi looks cooler without the headband
Macnown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 11:52   Link #1536
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
It is most probable that Lenalee grew up to realize to put the life of her comrades before hers when she saw what the scientists did to that Togaochi boy after she became an Exorcist.
I want to think that she actually made contact with that boy and became friends, since Lenalee still could not adapt herself to live in the Order at that time due that she was literally torn apart from Komui, and henceforth, the boy provided her with a much needed companionship, someone whom she could confide her fears, and the feeling that she wasn't alone.

The fact that she just witnessed helplessly how the boy was experimented upon and becoming a Fallen One paid a heavy toll for Lenalee at that time since she practically could not do anything for her friend but just standing there as he agonized with the pain.
I want to think as well that from that incident Lenalee becomes very sensitive on the matter to be wary of her comrades' lives and be of any help without becoming a burden to assist them as possible in the battlefield. She just wishes not any other comrade dear to her to die without she doing anything to prevent that scenario.

To Kenta: The anime returns back to the main storyline on episode 51.

To Macnown: You just have to wait patiently for the next episode, as it's going to explain why Allen survived in spite of that Tykki opened up a hole in his heart. I have read all of the manga, therefore, I know what happened.
Old 2007-11-11, 15:41   Link #1537
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Tyki must pay for what he's done!! I just Can't believe Suman is dead and now Allen Walker himself.
Spoiler for This is an important message to the earl of millenium (i mean i made a wrong trademark line earlier:
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 16:18   Link #1538
Mystearika

yay i has maked my own avatar with miranda, it did not loop so well^^ what do you think i hope to do some other in the future
Old 2007-11-12, 03:18   Link #1539
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler for The dream and the moons:
Spoiler for ...:

Quote:
Spoiler for Bookman:
Spoiler for woo:
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 08:18   Link #1540
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Man watching Lenalee hurt. i agree with the above post her denial started when she thought Allen was dead (which she still does). bookman beat the shit out of Lavi for making Lenalee cry it looked like it hurt too. The concern Lenalee has for Allen in my opinion goes beyond that of a friend. The concern she showed for Suman was different than that of Allen its pretty obvious if you watch.

Seeing Miranda come back was pretty cool and could that uniform be any tighter she was pretty cute till she tried to fucking drown her self and the talked about not sleeping for 10 days i see she is as manic as ever. However finally being able to see what form her innocence took was nice and i approve of it.

So im sure no one is surprised Allen is alive and next week seems like we get to see his breakdown and depression start from the loss of his innocence. Allen's dream was interesting but im still thinking on it before i give my own theory on it what it could possibly mean

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-11-13 at 07:58.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk