Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-12-19, 14:54   Link #501
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Well, In all acuallity, Orochimaru and Itachi arn't technically evil. See, people have different definiations of what they find "evil." I for one, don't think they are evil. They just have a dream and are willing to do anything to get it. That doesn't really make them evil.
Hitler had a dream too......

IMO that is what makes one evil, following your dream at the expense of other people's lives

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 10:31   Link #502
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
Hitler had a dream too......

IMO that is what makes one evil, following your dream at the expense of other people's lives
First of all, I have no idea what IMO stands for...xD....

Now, that may be true to some people, but people have their own opinoins on it. That is like saying Light was evil for what he did (Death Note....) He was riding the world of criminals...He was killing him, but does that make him evil? Not really, this is because alot of people found it as a blessing (Now, I hate Hitler and I'm totaly against what he did, but I'm trying to make my point) alot of people agreed with what Hitler did and do not find it evil. It's really a matter of opinion and what you find evil. Someone might find one thing evil and someone else might not. So in all acuality, this whole battle of "good and evil" is a battle not able to be won
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 13:42   Link #503
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
IMO--> In my opinion

I know its a matter of perspective, I was just pointing out that saying they were just following thier dreams don't make them not evil, and gave an example of another bastard that probably had a dream but yes good and evil is a matter of perspective as you said.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 16:55   Link #504
mrsticky005
Banned

Shikamaru I think is hands down the coolest Naruto character.

1. I don't see how anyone couldn't get along with the guy. I mean he was willing to risk his life for an a-hole like Sasuke and he didn't even like Sasuke.
2. He's humble. He doesn't really give a shit if people think he's strong or not. Before when he was about to fight Temari he was like "I can't lose to a girl" but then at the climax of the battle he was like "whatever. I lose. The clouds are pretty."
3. however when it's necessary Shikamaru can kick some serious ass. I mean he did take single handedly taken down Hidan who just happen to be freaking immortal.
I think Shikamaru was so far the only person to beat an Akatsuki with virtually no help.

Sasori vs Sakura/Chiyo. Chiyo had a good amount of intelligence on Sasori. Also she says later that Sasori let himself get beat
Kakuzu- had to fight against not only Naruto but also Kakashi and I forget who else
Deidara-Sure Sasuke beat him but only because Deidara committed suicide.

and in any case Sasuke has his sharingan. What does Shikamaru get? Shadow possesion jutsu which at night is completely useless. and yet Shikamaru still kicks ass.
'nough said.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 09:38   Link #505
Xbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
IMO--> In my opinion

I know its a matter of perspective, I was just pointing out that saying they were just following thier dreams don't make them not evil, and gave an example of another bastard that probably had a dream but yes good and evil is a matter of perspective as you said.

...so.... from YOUR perspective... ... have you decided who you think is more evil?

alright, maybe not evil... but clearly detestable... which one has, in your opinion, done something that is the least to your liking?? ^^

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least that way, when you finally DO criticize them; you'll be a mile away and have their shoes."
Xbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 20:45   Link #506
Naotaka
Sensei

Imo X is the most evil one ever. I mean he goes around killing reploids just to get stronger. Zero isn't much better, but X, I mean he's been around for so long, killing Willy's robots, and Sigma's robots, and other robots too, like it's a game for him or something, what an evil bastard. The scary part is he absorbed all their powers after killing them, that's like stealing their robot souls or something, now tell me that ain't evil....

Ok lol, umm seriously. Until we know the motives of Itachi we can't say he is evil. We can assume he is, and that's not a bad assumption, but who knows maybe he actually had a justifiable reason for it all. There for between Itachi & Orochimaru, Orochimaru is more evil. After all this is the guy that experiments on people and uses them. At least Itachi gave his victims a swift death, from what we can tell.
Naotaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 21:27   Link #507
thephreak

imo, it would have to be Gaara. his posture, attitude, and ability epitomizes "cool." He doesn't overtly show emotion, though he has them. He is powerful, but not Godly. He's just...cool
thephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 23:10   Link #508
Row3a
amerei :)

Send a message via MSN to Row3a
Talking

gaaro or saske
those 2 rock
Row3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 23:19   Link #509
CrazySunshine

Anko, Suigetsu, and Kisame are by far the coolest characters. No competition. Itachi is blind. Gaara and Sasuke are anti-social retards.
CrazySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 16:43   Link #510
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

Kakashi And Hinata!!!
Arthas1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 04:45   Link #511
Xbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naotaka View Post
Ok lol, umm seriously. Until we know the motives of Itachi we can't say he is evil. We can assume he is, and that's not a bad assumption, but who knows maybe he actually had a justifiable reason for it all. There for between Itachi & Orochimaru, Orochimaru is more evil. After all this is the guy that experiments on people and uses them. At least Itachi gave his victims a swift death, from what we can tell.

And what about murdering your own whole clan in cold blood isn't evil?? A swift death without any reason isn't exactly what i would call merciful anyway...

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least that way, when you finally DO criticize them; you'll be a mile away and have their shoes."
Xbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 07:12   Link #512
Varavan
Maquina Sideral

Sometimes I really like Naruto, but most of the time I prefer Shikamaru, Hinata and Jiraya.
Varavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 07:19   Link #513
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Shikamaru is the first character I ever truly liked in Naruto. He's the only one ninja that seems to analyze his opponents to the extent where that analysis generally wins him his fights. Not only is he a cool character for manipulating shadows, but he can also use them as tendrils now. How versatile do you get?

The fact that he thinks makes him one of the coolest, if not the coolest character in Naruto. Characters generally fight the moment, Shikamaru fights you three or four turns ahead of you. As a close second cool character is Shika's dad, naturally, not only he already has the brains and the jutsu, but he also looks freaking badass.

Spoiler:
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 13:12   Link #514
darkeyeangel
darkeyeangel

Send a message via MSN to darkeyeangel
my top six is..
1.Itachi
2.naruto
3.sasuke
4.shikamaru
5.kiba
6.kakashi
darkeyeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 13:34   Link #515
Bry808
Anime Addict 808

Location: In a room with four walls, a chair, a desk. a bed and a computer
1) Sasuke, He becomes really cool in the shippuden series and I have a feeling that he'll kill Itachi
2)Kakashi, He's so nonchalant, gotta love his calm attitude towards Guy
3)Naruto, He's really annoying at some points but his drama breakdowns actually gives him more power and at some times his words are touching
4)Itachi, He's soo cool, I don't know why but, he has cool guy presence to him lol.
5)Gaara, He likes to play with sand, that redifines the definition of cool.
Bry808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 15:33   Link #516
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
kakashi is coolest overall. good thing about naruto is that a lot of characters are cool, which makes it hard to make a proper top 5. all i know is kakashi is first.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 11:25   Link #517
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

hmm on a quick list i'd say;

1. Shikamaru
2. Temari
3. Kakashi
Avantoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 12:14   Link #518
carb

jiraiya!

he was paired with the badass (never beaten) akatsuki leader.

he has no immortality whatever, just plain flesh and bones and a whole crap load of jutsu and skill to use them and didn't rely on secrets, bloodlines to win.

even AL said himself that with his secret revealed, he wouldn't stand a chance against jiraiya.

jiraiya didn't even flinch or got worried when itachi and kisame showed to capture naruto.

kishi would have thought that pairing jiraiya with anything less than AL would be a joke, cuz jiraiya will surely win.

jiraiya knows how to have fun and be serious at the same time.
carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 13:27   Link #519
acid_finger

My top 5 is:

1. Kakashi
2. Iro Senin
3. Orochimaru
4. Neji
5. Gaara
acid_finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 15:56   Link #520
Casshern

Lol, The Coolest? Sarutobi Asuma by far!

His attitude oozes coolness.

Look at the badassery of those blades...

He's also, no doubt, the coolest teacher. Look at his relationship with Shikamaru... They're teacher and pupil but Asuma is also like a second father, a wise and experienced guide in Shikamaru's life, a big brother and his friend. Asuma acknowledged Shikamaru's personality first, and then his abilities.
In terms of "cool teachers" Naruto's teachers were much worse. Next to Kakashi, Naruto looked like a dumb kid. Next to Jiraiya, Naruto looked like a sidekick. Unfortunately that's how it looks, even if Kakashi really cares for Naruto and his goals, and even if Jiraiya is the closest Naruto has to a father, even if both teachers really admire the ability and determination of their student. If you're a cool teacher, you don't make your student look uncool! I'm not even gonna go into the Orochimaru/Sasuke as teacher/pupil...

The time draws nigh for Asuma to shine!

Disclaimer: The Neuromancer and his associates assume no responsibility or liability for the amounts of awesomeness deprived of Sarutobi Asuma® in this post, as this is an anime discussion.

Last edited by Casshern; 2008-01-05 at 16:15.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote