AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-19, 05:04   Link #401
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Considering that my character is supposed to be named after a greatsword wielding tsundere chick, I find her using the polearm a little odd.

But at least she deals out damage like no tomorrow.
Yeah, I think the melee classes are a lot more interesting to play but damn power shards really cost a lot past 25-30. The melee animations for attacks are generally really nice, though at least all the various spells look different and there are variations in the casting animations too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 07:38   Link #402
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
To me it just seemed silly after NCsoft alread put out a game where you could fly fucking everywhere--City of Heroes. Why the step backwards?
Different studios behind the game. City of heroes was made by a US studio, whereas Aion was made by a Korean one (hence the grind). NCsoft just published it.

As for why? Well, city of heroes speaks to the marvel/DC fans, but not so much the anime fans. The heavily final fantasy influences Aion does.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 13:25   Link #403
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah, I think the melee classes are a lot more interesting to play but damn power shards really cost a lot past 25-30. The melee animations for attacks are generally really nice, though at least all the various spells look different and there are variations in the casting animations too.
I rarely use power shards. The only time I use them is on raid bosses for in PvP. They're not really cost effective otherwise.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 22:28   Link #404
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Power Shards waste too fast for me to bother. Just the buffs from Cooking, and the extra resist from Alchemy is enough for me. Also, since the surveys no longer give Rank gear, I suppose NCSoft is trying to promote professions once again.
Old 2012-04-19, 22:39   Link #405
Seitsuki
Onee!

How much have things changed in the past few years? Most memoriable things for me were a load of midgets, gold spammers and months of grinding abyss points for decent gear. Please tell me they've fixed stuff :P
Old 2012-04-19, 23:04   Link #406
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Load of midgets - Check
Gold spammers - Check
Months of grinding abyss points for decent gear - Check
Yep, I still see this in Aion.
Old 2012-04-20, 06:02   Link #407
Xion Valkyrie

You don't need to PvP for PvP gear anymore. You can just spend 20 minutes a day doing solo crucible stuff and 1 pvp match (which you can lose) and you'll have a full set of virtually the best PvP gear in 2 months.

Also, they seemed to have massively increased gold drops across the board. When I played during launch, I saw maybe 7 golds from 1-50 total. Yesterday, my SM just got 2 random golds off of world mobs (level 25 still). Today, in the same lower Abyss dungeon, 3 golds from random normal mobs. Ran the 50-55 solo dungeon twice and got a gold each run. Seems like it's MUCH easier to get geared now.
Old 2012-04-20, 11:35   Link #408
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I see, so they fixed the whole grinding for PvP gear then. Everything else still stands though, gold spammers flood the LFG chat. While I see tons of midgets everywhere @.@
Old 2012-04-20, 11:45   Link #409
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I see, so they fixed the whole grinding for PvP gear then. Everything else still stands though, gold spammers flood the LFG chat. While I see tons of midgets everywhere @.@
You're going to see weird designs in any game that allows full customization of the character model, it's just going to happen.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-04-20, 12:01   Link #410
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
After blocking 1 spammer I haven't really seen any more in Siel. I'd say it's actually a pretty good game now compared to how it was at launch, especially for free.
Old 2012-04-21, 00:42   Link #411
Xacual

Some days it is just impossible to get the mentor quests done. Couldn't get it done on any of my characters today. Well probably try again later.

Old 2012-04-21, 01:56   Link #412
iceyfw

so anyone got a guild i can join? first time playing aion and i'm on the server Siel on the Elyos side.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 02:09   Link #413
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

There are a good portion of Animesuki members on Siel on Elyos side. I hope you find a legion to join If you need any help, feel free to ask on the forums.
Old 2012-04-21, 02:19   Link #414
Xacual

Is there? The only one I routinely see is Xion. Also after spending time on Kahrun Asmo side, there is a ton of foreign language guilds there. So many recruiting in LFG that I was adding to my block list to stop seeing it.

Old 2012-04-21, 10:31   Link #415
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am mostly playing Warrior now while waiting for those @!#$* at Blizzard to tune up their damn servers for D3. Under the name xxxx

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2012-10-26 at 03:17.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 16:31   Link #416
Xion Valkyrie

I got a guest bloom in my house now, so please use it if you want to fill up your guest petals =)
Old 2012-04-21, 18:53   Link #417
Xacual

Oh right I forgot about those things. I'll login in a bit then, I want to get my gladiator up to 30 and then get back to leveling my chanter.

Old 2012-04-21, 23:17   Link #418
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm making a temporary new character on Asmodian Kahrun. He's a Templar named "Hooves" of course

Edit: Although in the end, I'll probably just use him as a banker.

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-04-21 at 23:30.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 23:33   Link #419
Xacual

Quote:
I'm making a temporary new character on Asmodian Kahrun. He's a Templar named "Hooves" of course

Edit: Although in the end, I'll probably just use him as a banker.
I thought you already had a templar?

Anyway my three characters I'm playing the most at the moment are
Siel Elyos
Chanter Veriti
Gladiator Cabled

Kahrun Asmodian
Assassin Yseris

If I'm not on one of those three I'm probably not on, or messing around on some random new character.

Old 2012-04-21, 23:44   Link #420
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Indeed I do, just an alt.

Siel Elyos
Tyrve (Main focus for now, so you'll see me mostly on this guy)
Hooves

Kahrun Asmodian
Tryve (main)
Hooves

If I'm not on either of the Hooves, I'm just on my main. They are all Templars by the way The reason why I'm making them all Templars is to try different builds individually. Since I primarily focus on 1 class only in MMOs. Although I'm only going to be PvPing in the Abyss with my Elyos main.

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-04-22 at 00:41.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows