AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-14, 10:47   Link #21
domino
デレデレ

I'm happy that the show is being consistently hilarious.

What bothers me, though, is how mean and boring they made Sano. He's my favorite in the manga, but in this drama..! In the manga, he's always sweet and protective of Mizuki from the beginning, and the best part of the manga was watching him work in the shadows to protect her secret or try to restrain himself. But drama Sano isn't kind at all! And his track drama isn't very interesting, so I wish they'd show him doing something else every now and then.

Though perhaps with the end of episode 6 (amazing cliffhanger..!) Sano's personality will turn around.
Old 2007-08-16, 21:25   Link #22
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
About Sano's personality...
Spoiler for The ending of 6 made me so giddy ;_;:

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-08-17 at 12:28.
Old 2007-08-17, 09:01   Link #23
nanafan
horo fan

i also noticed that too, at first he was annoyed with her and slowly he's starting to like her..
Old 2007-08-23, 02:52   Link #24
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Excuse my language, but...

DAMN! I *LOVE* this show!

Episode se7en's out and no kidding, this show just gets better and better. I love the "themes" of each episode, the dorms all get together and do something pranksterish or sneaky; it's just fun and a whole lotta laughs.

Oh, remember how we all wanted Sano to warm up to Mizuki? Now he's hotter than a red pepper and it's making for some awesome (gushy) screentime.

The only thing I disliked about this ep was.... We're nearing the end! Only four more episodes left! onoessss!
Spoiler for eppy 7:
Old 2007-08-24, 22:49   Link #25
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Excuse my language, but...

DAMN! I *LOVE* this show!

Episode se7en's out and no kidding, this show just gets better and better. I love the "themes" of each episode, the dorms all get together and do something pranksterish or sneaky; it's just fun and a whole lotta laughs.

Oh, remember how we all wanted Sano to warm up to Mizuki? Now he's hotter than a red pepper and it's making for some awesome (gushy) screentime.

The only thing I disliked about this ep was.... We're nearing the end! Only four more episodes left! onoessss!
Spoiler for eppy 7:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-25, 00:30   Link #26
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for in response...:
Old 2007-08-26, 05:45   Link #27
BrokenWingz

From what I've heard the manga and the live action adaption so far are very different. Deciding or not whether to pick up the manga..though read the manga thread it doesn't look very promising, any second opinion? ^^"
Old 2007-08-26, 18:16   Link #28
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
From what I've heard the manga and the live action adaption so far are very different. Deciding or not whether to pick up the manga..though read the manga thread it doesn't look very promising, any second opinion? ^^"
The manga is great. Usually when I see a live action adaptation or anime adaptation, it is clear whether or not the manga is better. But in Hana-Kimi's case, the anime and the manga are so different (for example, the story of Mizuki coming to Japan because she caused Sano's injury doesn't exist in the manga at all) that they're BOTH great. Think of the manga as an equally-enjoyable alternate re-telling with more details and pretty art.
Old 2007-08-27, 03:30   Link #29
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Spoiler for sano = pervert:
Old 2007-08-27, 03:38   Link #30
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Does anyone else think that these japanese mullets are getting out of hand? Over the years I've been watching dramas they are getting longer and longer! It's getting obnoxious
Old 2007-09-01, 06:32   Link #31
dr. fnord
jui kuen

rock the mullet loud and proud! kagurazaka in particular has the intense anime hair.

truly, this is a zane comedy pretending to be driven by a drama arc. there is nothing less interesting in a given episode than the "main story" cf. sano/ashiya/track/love. there may be something in pointing out that comic relief (see the series-making nakatsu homo ja nai bits) only functions in the presence of some drama to create the heaviness to be relieved, but e.g. the "nanba's past love" short story does that just fine. basically, this series would be one for the ages if sano's conflict was with, say, drugs.

in any case, nakatsu steals the show. his gratuitous disco smirk in ep 6 when he realizes everyone's staring at him, for example. amazing. honorable mention to the martial arts dude with the full-face scowl.
Old 2007-09-07, 18:21   Link #32
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

"Assaulting the teacher"... How about assaulting the students? >_>

Episode 9 is the first one I've watched that I didn't enjoy as much as the other episodes... I just couldn't buy the new teacher's mean routine, and then his sudden turn-around on a dime. I don't know how it was handled in the manga (or if it was even included at all) but it seemed like he was too brutal to his students for any teacher to realistically be allowed to stay.
Spoiler for eppy 9:
Only a few more episodes left! Onoes D:
Old 2007-09-08, 00:43   Link #33
runey

Question

Was Kitahama-sensei played by Nagano Hiroshi from "Kimi wa Petto"? They looked very similar to me.
Old 2007-09-08, 14:25   Link #34
domino
デレデレ

Yup, the new teacher from ep 9 was right out of the manga... they didn't handle it very well, though. I guess they raised his mean-ness a little. Or at least I felt more sorry for the teacher in the manga (though not by much) at the end.

And the scene of Nakatsu and Mizuki at the end... nooo, it's too soon..!! >_< It feels like my favorite running gag has just been ruined..

And I finally noticed (I don't know why I didn't before) why Umeda's stalker/pseudo-boyfriend (one of my favorite characters in the manga) isn't going to appear in the drama..! They gave the photography girl his name (Akiha) and replaced him with her! >< They pretty much combined two characters. How disappointing...
They combined the manga's photography girl who loves Sano with the real Akiha (who was also a photographer), a guy who always sat around in Umeda's office to flirt with him and piss him off....
Old 2007-09-09, 06:32   Link #35
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

teacher episode was horribly cliched story.
didn't buy it at all
Old 2007-09-14, 02:48   Link #36
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Nooooooo! I cried at the end of episode 10. ;___; I'm chotto sad because of it so I'll write a more detailed post on it later, but I will say this:

The [censored] at the end of the episode was timed a little weird IMO... I suspect they wanted to lighten the mood at the very last minute. Darnit, everyone's depressed though! I feel sad for all my favorite characters.

Oh man... I'm sad to the point that I'm being overly sensitive to everything... GO WATCH THIS EPISODE!!
Old 2007-09-14, 03:19   Link #37
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

chotto sad. sjeesj
that's like as horrible when dutch people mix in an english word.

and i feel kinda good i was happy that nakatsu made his move at the time he did. And he did it quite well. I was thinking he and mizuki had no chance at all. They still don't but at least he went out fighting.
Nakatsu Fight-oh!
Old 2007-09-14, 16:12   Link #38
~ai no uta~

ooo this show is soooo good alot better than taiwanese version in my opinion, i absolutely love the characters in this one. awww after watching ep 10 i felt so sorry for nakatsu cuz shes always leaving him for sano. even though i think sano and mizuki look cute together i really like her with nakatsu.

awww too bad its ending so soon. i hope they come up with a second season....... well its possible, the taiwanese one apparently has a second season
Old 2007-09-15, 02:49   Link #39
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

One thing I'd like to comment on about episode 10: I loved the way SARS handled the awkward scene in which Nakatsu is starting different sentences with the same sound (which of course doesn't translate well into English). I'll spoiler it just in case.
Spoiler for Nakatsu's Scene :):
Old 2007-09-18, 04:27   Link #40
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

the crazyness is making place for the drama.
ofc the ending episode will have mizuki solve the female/male problem.

Why do these things always come out at the end of a show.

Gokusen: i have a secret can't let anybody now i'm a mafia teacher. Ending, o no they found out, where is the climax solution?
my boss my hero: i have a secret can't let anybody now i'm a mafia student. Ending, o no they found out, where is the climax solution?

La cliche if you have a secret that cannot be found out it will always leak in the final episode