AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-02-23, 22:53   Link #1
BkacTiger

Random .mkv slow-motion playback

Spoiler for Problem fixed:

The problem resolved itself somehow. Video and Audio playback is smooth again, only rare random occurances of the previous issues. Although the CPU is a little more sensitive now; will be re-starting the laptop to stock condition if the problem persists/comes back.

Thanks for the help/tips. ^^

Last edited by BkacTiger; 2009-02-27 at 09:55.
Old 2009-02-24, 01:30   Link #2
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Are you using CoreAVC? I doubt your CPU would be able to handle 1080P without it.
Old 2009-02-24, 11:00   Link #3
BkacTiger

Spoiler for Problem fixed:

Last edited by BkacTiger; 2009-02-27 at 09:54. Reason: New Problems.
Old 2009-02-26, 10:30   Link #4
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Something for sure is that the free-ups and off-sync stuff are definitely abnormal, as even if your CPU can't handle the decoding in real-time, it will simply skip frames at most. Maybe you should try installing the latest FFDShow codec and see if it helps.

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

Old 2009-02-26, 11:24   Link #5
BkacTiger

Spoiler for Problem Resolved:

The problem resolved itself somehow. Video and Audio playback is smooth again, only rare random occurances of the previous issues. Although the CPU is a little more sensitive now; will be re-starting the laptop to stock condition if the problem persists/comes back.

Last edited by BkacTiger; 2009-02-27 at 09:53.
Old 2009-03-01, 16:44   Link #6
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
Something for sure is that the free-ups and off-sync stuff are definitely abnormal, as even if your CPU can't handle the decoding in real-time, it will simply skip frames at most.
MPC and FFDshow don't skip frames by default.
Old 2009-03-08, 13:12   Link #7
MarlinBeta

I have a related problem with .mkv .h264 playback.

It would be awesome if someone could give me any pointers about how to play hi-res videos on an old computer (and don't tell me to download CCCP, I already have the most up-to-date version). I've tried playing these hi-res files through ZoomPlayer and Media Player Classic and the video and audio are not synchronized because my computer is just too old and slow. The video is several seconds behind the audio and it just keeps getting farther and farther behind the longer I watch an episode. Low-res fansubs work just fine, by the by. Thanks people. ^_^
Old 2009-03-08, 14:21   Link #8
BkacTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlinBeta View Post

It would be awesome if someone could give me any pointers about how to play hi-res videos on an old computer (and don't tell me to download CCCP, I already have the most up-to-date version). I've tried playing these hi-res files through ZoomPlayer and Media Player Classic and the video and audio are not synchronized because my computer is just too old and slow. The video is several seconds behind the audio and it just keeps getting farther and farther behind the longer I watch an episode. Low-res fansubs work just fine, by the by. Thanks people. ^_^
Sound like a problem I had with my Dell. Try CoreAVC might be the only thing to help you play the videos.

Whats your CPU and Graphics/Video Card?

P.S. LoL, CoreAVC dosen't always help though. Didn't help my HP G60-120US too much; My drivers are messed up on my laptop so after I restart the whole thing I'll be able to play 720p and 1080p/i again linked with my HDTV.

Oh yeah, for the people who were trying to help me. Thanks but I've resolved the problem; it rarely freezes/slow-mos anymore. The videos play even smoother when it's not linked to my HDTV so I guess my laptop can't always handle playback via HDMI; or I did too much Marathoning ^^;;
Old 2009-03-14, 12:58   Link #9
jigoku shoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlinBeta View Post

If your computer is really old, you need to install CoreAVC, it has the best performance in h264 playback, try this:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/codec.htm
Old 2009-03-15, 02:03   Link #10
BkacTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigoku shoujo View Post
If your computer is really old, you need to install CoreAVC, it has the best performance in h264 playback, try this:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/codec.htm
Haha...yet my custom computer from 2006 is handling HD better than my new laptop that I got this year... ^^;;

Uses half the power of what the laptop uses -.-;;

Ah, well. Saves me the risk of one day making my laptop too hot. lol