AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-20, 01:13   Link #1
mytwin.45s

Loli love

im lookin for an anime where the loli gets the guy or vice versa. what im lookin for is something with a male lead who, for whatever reason gets assosciated (god i hope i spelled that right) with a loli, who is preferably older/more mature than she looks(so i dont feel as weird watching it). anime i've liked so far like this are Dance in the Vampire Bund, Rizelmine, Kure-nai, and Toradora.
Old 2010-07-20, 01:47   Link #2
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Moon Phase: It's kind of ambiguous as to whether the relationship is romantic or more of a sibling type love, but this is definitely among my top ten shows.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-07-20, 02:07   Link #3
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Kanon 2006 comes to mind, sad but has romance with a loli girl, and Shakugan No Shana action and romance since you already liked Toradora you'll probably like Shana .

Also maybe Sora no Manimani, or Seitokai no Ichizon though have more of a vague possible romantic relationship there, so not sure it's enough but you might enjoy it anyways.
MAL
Old 2010-07-20, 02:22   Link #4
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Kanon 2006 comes to mind, sad but has romance with a loli girl, and Shakugan No Shana action and romance since you already liked Toradora you'll probably like Shana .

Also maybe Sora no Manimani, or Seitokai no Ichizon though have more of a vague possible romantic relationship there, so not sure it's enough but you might enjoy it anyways.
I like Kanon 2006 but I don't really like the Yuuichi/Ayu pairing and Yuuichi/Makoto is never fully developed - part of the reason I like Moon Phase is that it does develop the lead pairing a fair bit over the course of the anime. Shana is probably a good choice though.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-07-20, 05:23   Link #5
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Moon Phase: It's kind of ambiguous as to whether the relationship is romantic or more of a sibling type love, but this is definitely among my top ten shows.
Tsukuyomi is not too ambiguous imho. Though that might be tainted by my having read the manga, in which at one point the two come very close to having sex, if not for relatives coming in at just the wrong moment.
Zero no Tsukaima, or for that matter a majority of works with Rie Kugimiya, works. To Aru Majutsu no Index also works.
Old 2010-07-20, 12:21   Link #6
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I would have to recommend Honey & Clover.
Old 2010-07-20, 12:37   Link #7
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor.

*hides behind flame-proof barrier*
Old 2010-07-20, 17:25   Link #8
Seiryuu

Another anime to look at is Da Capo. As I understood it, Sakura used some form of magic to keep from growing up for some reason related to her relationship with the main character.

Since you said "preferably older", I'll mention Battle Programmer Shirase. The loli is eleven, but the main character keeps his lolicon attraction under control because he loves her and wants to wait until she's grown up.

Also, from the present, Seitokai Yakuindomo may fit. It's only just started, so there's no saying for sure, but the last episode or two seem to place the main character with a supergenius 16-year-old loli, and to make the other candidates seem too comic for romance.

I must admit I'm surprised no one's mentioned Tenchi Muyo. Pretty much every girl in the series, including little Sasami, is well past her first century. And while no one girl wins out in the series, Sasami is the only one with real potential; any other girl and he'd be dead in a week.

One other halfway is UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie, though the loli's only loli until she kisses her literal soulmate.
Old 2010-07-21, 04:09   Link #9
mytwin.45s

thanks for all the suggestions everyone. i've seen kannon 2006 and half of shana, cant remember why i dropped it i remember that it was good. i am currently watching and enjoying tsukuyomi moon phase and everything else is on my to watch list. thanks again for the suggestions
Old 2010-07-21, 07:48   Link #10
Qwey

This doesn't fit your request at all, but watch Chrome Shelled Regios for Felli if you really want an amazing loli in it.
Old 2010-07-21, 16:12   Link #11
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Assuming you mean "small petite" == "loli" but you might also give Toradora! a look. Its rather unusual -- kind of a "seinen" take on a high school rom-com. Its written by a female author who gives the characters a lot of texture you don't often see in shounen romance.

Moon Phase is a good choice as well (though one or two episodes may have your eyes rolling).

edit: and crap, I didn't notice you'd already seen Toradora! ... ah well, carry on with Moon Phase. You might also consider Spice&Wolf where the protagonist "resembles a 14-16 year old girl" though she's a pagan wolf harvest goddess. Its a rather sophisticated adventure (some humor but lots of adventure and romance).
Old 2010-07-22, 14:36   Link #12
Divini
Senpai!

Dance of the Vamipre Bund has the "loli" win in the very beginning... though it's not a romance harem series by any means.
Old 2010-07-22, 14:45   Link #13
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Dance of the Vamipre Bund has the "loli" win in the very beginning... though it's not a romance harem series by any means.
Man reading the OP seems to be getting difficult , two posters in a row mention series that OP had used as examples .
MAL
Old 2010-07-24, 11:19   Link #14
mytwin.45s

alright so i couldnt sleep these last couple nights and got a lot of viewing in. i finished moon phase and it was great. i also started and finished honey and clover which i liked, i think. well i didnt like how it ended with that many unrequitted loves in it i guess.
Old 2010-07-24, 11:22   Link #15
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I would have to recommend Honey & Clover.
I would actually feel like contesting this unless there's something I failed to see.
Old 2010-07-24, 13:48   Link #16
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well no Hagu is never depicted in an actual sexual way or in anyway that would appeal to the mass otaku but he did list Kurenai as an example so I thought he had a more broad definition in mind.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-07-24 at 14:18.
Old 2010-07-24, 22:41   Link #17
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well no Hagu is never depicted in an actual sexual way or in anyway that would appeal to the mass otaku but he did list Kurenai as an example so I thought he had a more broad definition in mind.
But under the definition of romance between characters you can tell pretty much by the shift in Hagu's attitudes in season 2 and well... the ending.
Old 2010-07-25, 04:26   Link #18
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think I've watched enough loli romances to understand that...
Old 2010-07-25, 06:03   Link #19
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

UFO Princess Valkyrie. An adult who usually appears loli, just so the relationship isn't -quite- as twisted as it appears. Honestly the leads are terrible and the story very mediocre, but the supporting cast is brilliant. It also has an excellent soundtrack by Kawai Kenji.
Old 2010-07-26, 09:11   Link #20
mytwin.45s

thanks for the suggestions all. i started of spice and wolf last night, but was hammered drunk so only remember that i enjoyed it. i've also picked shana back up and still cant figure out why i dropped it in the first place. ufo princess valkyrie looks interesting too so keep em coming people
Closed Thread