Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-18, 13:04   Link #41
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
do you guys think that the wood is a coincidence? or Oda was planning it all along?

Pretty sure that it's a little from column A, and a little from column B.
Old 2012-01-18, 13:45   Link #42
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, we finally reached that point..... the crew's finally on their way to the NW. And it looks like neither Shira nor Jinbei accompanied the crew (sorry, Adan and all you others!). And yeah, no island destruction, either.
Disappointing that there will be no giant/3rd female in the crew. And Jinbe came the closest to joining. Maybe if Big Mom were to be defeated he would join by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well now, I wonder which will be the first island they'll go to? Maybe it'll end up being the Wano country or that thunder island that Urouge visited or something. Either way, I can't wait!
I would predict they would end up either on Whole Cake island (which I imagine would be based on Sweet Mountain from Sonic Colors) or an island that has Kaidou in full introduction.
Old 2012-01-18, 13:45   Link #43
james0246

Decent chapter. Not much happens (and it felt like it was 5 pages too long), but the Brooke joke still kept my attention even if the new log pose seems a little pointless.
Old 2012-01-18, 13:53   Link #44
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Decent chapter. Not much happens (and it felt like it was 5 pages too long), but the Brooke joke still kept my attention even if the new log pose seems a little pointless.
New Log Pose @james0246: "Who are you calling pointless? My needles are the sharpest by far." Couldn't resist.
Old 2012-01-18, 14:03   Link #45
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Jokes lose their juice when they have to be explained...

And I still consider Oda a God, he is by far one of the best mangaka of all time, especially when it comes to story telling...so to me he achieved Godhood!
As far as Mangaka are cocerned and pretty much most types of fiction he is pretty godlike in regards to planning and overall consistency. Considering he has to put out a new chapter every for a story that will most likely last over 20 years while still having hundreds foreshadowings and allusions etc that can take up to 15 years or more to see fruition. That is pretty insane for like any writer ever.
Old 2012-01-18, 14:10   Link #46
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
finally. we get to start the New World now. Where art thou SHanks?!
Old 2012-01-18, 18:26   Link #47
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 653
That was a okay chapter. But like everyone on the forum, I am glad they are finally heading to the New World. The new post that Nami got kinda makes things different and gives Straw hats an advantage if the enemy does not have one. Now they will know which path this dangerous and which path is not. Its kinda pointless for this crew to have it. Luffy does not care at all how dangerous things are. He does it or goes there regardless. At least they have options now and options are always a good thing.
Old 2012-01-18, 19:54   Link #48
ellifeedn
Thinker

Did anyone notice Franky's hair?
Old 2012-01-18, 19:55   Link #49
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Nice departure this chapter. From this point on, things are going to get a lot more tough. Now is when the strawhats will truly be tested.

As for Luffy wanting to meet up with Shanks, he's going to be in for a disappointment, for he'll see his idol/inspiration all right, but he'll be found on the ground dead at the hands of Blackbeard. It will be glorious .
Old 2012-01-18, 23:46   Link #50
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
It looks pretty certain that the story won't end with the Straw Hats reaching Raftel - instead, there's going to be something bigger, something that will shake the world. A huge battle between the World Government and the Revolutionaries/Pirates is highly likely...
yeah, i imagine that it would pretty much end with a world-wide war. and i'm guessing that this war would see the ancient weapons used. as to who will use them, we don't know yet.

Quote:
As for Luffy wanting to meet up with Shanks, he's going to be in for a disappointment, for he'll see his idol/inspiration all right, but he'll be found on the ground dead at the hands of Blackbeard. It will be glorious.
whoa! i'd rather not see that happen, not just yet. it would be nice to see shanks reunited with luffy even for just a bit. then he can die after that.
Old 2012-01-19, 00:15   Link #51
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
As for Luffy wanting to meet up with Shanks, he's going to be in for a disappointment, for he'll see his idol/inspiration all right, but he'll be found on the ground dead at the hands of Blackbeard. It will be glorious .
I doubt we'll get anything that serious anytime soon. I'm expecting a Skypiea style arc to launch the New World portion of the story; some grand adventure that has little to do with the actual story, but will still be great fun.
Old 2012-01-19, 00:47   Link #52
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I hope there will be some focus on the world government next chapter, Seems an ideal point to focus on something else.
Old 2012-01-19, 01:02   Link #53
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
whoa! i'd rather not see that happen, not just yet. it would be nice to see shanks reunited with luffy even for just a bit. then he can die after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I doubt we'll get anything that serious anytime soon. I'm expecting a Skypiea style arc to launch the New World portion of the story; some grand adventure that has little to do with the actual story, but will still be great fun.
I absolutely agree. Surely it'll be a long while until Shanks and Blackbeard cross paths, but their confrontation is inevitable no doubt. Shanks will die much later on.

A Skypiea style arc would be great. Considering that this would be the New World equivalent, however, I expect that the tone of the arc would be darker. Perhaps in the aftermath of this arc, we should be treated to an update on the World Government and the other superpowers (i.e. shichibukai, marines, revolutionaries, etc.).
Old 2012-01-19, 01:29   Link #54
Shingai-san

Lol. Why does Shanks have to die? Is there some clear foreshadowing that has been going on that I've missed?

Ararararagi
Old 2012-01-19, 01:50   Link #55
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingai-san View Post
Lol. Why does Shanks have to die? Is there some clear foreshadowing that has been going on that I've missed?
Because Shanks is one of the obstacles Blackbeard needs to get rid of if he wants to rule the seas and become pirate king. During the war at Marineford, Blackbeard told Shanks that it wasn't the right time yet to fight each other which clearly implies they have a score to settle later on.

Moreover, Shanks foresaw all the repercussions when Ace was chasing after Blackbeard. Most likely, with Blackbeard superseding Whitebeard as an emperor, the "rampaging era" Shanks has been trying to prevent has finally come to fruition. With Blackbeard's rapid ascension into the absolute top, I can't see Shanks prevailing over him in the story. Shanks beating Blackbeard doesn't serve any purpose, whereas vice versa there is so much room for development/change that the story can head in. And unlike Shanks, Blackbeard isn't merciful/compassionate; he WILL kill if necessary to get what he wants.

Shanks needs to be eliminated, and the best way of doing that is to permanently compromise him.
Old 2012-01-19, 01:58   Link #56
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Shirley: "By a man with a strawhat, Fishman Island will be destroyed!!!"

Jinbe: "I'll get the merchant ship (with lots of strawhats) ready."

I see where this heads now. Nice played, Oda.

correct me if I'm wrong but Madam Shirley was looking at Luffy's future not Fishman Island right?

So it's kinda weird if the one that are going to destroy the fishman island is some guy/pirates using a strawhat
Old 2012-01-19, 02:04   Link #57
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
correct me if I'm wrong but Madam Shirley was looking at Luffy's future not Fishman Island right?

So it's kinda weird if the one that are going to destroy the fishman island is some guy/pirates using a strawhat
yes, luffy is the one in the future, since he only looked at the crystal ball because she had a bad feeling about luffy... i made a reread about the chapter
Old 2012-01-19, 02:36   Link #58
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Shirley's Visions
What if Shanks is the guy who will destroy the Fisherman Island. The straw hat is the property of Shanks. Madam Shirley saw the man with the Straw Hat that all. She assumed it was Luffy right away. But if she actually knew were Luffy got the hat from then would she change her mind? After all Luffy is going to give the Straw Hat back to Shanks when he sees him. Also the prophesy did not happen in this arch like Shirley predicted. That still does not mean Luffy won't, but Luffy is not the real owner of the straw hat. So was it really Luffy in the vision? That would be a weird twist, and the question if it is shanks, why would he destroy Fisherman Island? If Shanks turns out to be a villain that will surely turn everything in one piece upside down. Shanks is just has mysterious has the Void Century. There are way to many questions surrounding that man. I am kinda curious to see how powerful his Haki is too. He deflected Akainu with one arm so that has to count for something. Also every time we see him in a battle or a fight his haki is the first thing he displays. He should be interesting to see in a fight.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-01-19 at 02:56.
Old 2012-01-19, 03:01   Link #59
Undertaker

There is obviously more future plot points on Fishmen Island.

Interesting point was that it was Kami who notices that the Vision only speaks about the future and it could be years before it happens.

Along with unknown status with Caribou, cryptic messages form the Seakings and the truth behind Noah. Fishmen Island could be heavily features once OP reaches the end game.
Old 2012-01-19, 04:07   Link #60
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Well, just read the chapter. SnakeLuffy is pretty awesome , but man, Franky's hair is creepy - I know it's supposed to be a beetle, but he looks like a demon to me
Closed Thread