AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 08:46   Link #81
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
And how are they supposed to differentiate between gold sellers and legit people? Indeed, they can't. Blame the gold sellers if you must blame someone. AnonymityNetwork is a good choice. I used that to play Dragon Nest from finland. Even though it was a proxy, I didn't lag, unlike with the SEA version of DN. Also my friend told me she's playing TERA through http://strongvpn.com/ .. It's cheaper but I don't have experience with that particular VPN.
Agreed. People like me are just there for the lolis the game world and the community, why vilify and blanket ban us?

I am going to FML when they suddenly allow SEA players during launch.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 15:13   Link #82
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
@Dist: StrongVPN is good. I used them for a while. All you need to play on the NA Tera servers is the cheap PPTP VPN, you don't need super-strong encryption, and make sure the exit city is somewhere in the US.
Old 2012-04-16, 15:30   Link #83
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

For those of you who are roleplayers (or thinking of roleplaying for the very first time), I am here to present to you The Council of Seven.

What is the Council of Seven? (We call it CoS for short.) Well, first thing's first -- it's not a guild. It is a sort of catch-all networking site that is meant to act as a roleplayers' hub for TERA. The site is used for RP guilds to advertise themselves and recruit members, general announcements, and help you with any general questions or concerns you may have. (Note: Not all of the RP guilds are listed on CoS, but we do have quite a few of them.)

If you are new to roleplay, we have plenty of resources (as well as a selection of friendly seasoned RPers) to help you get started. We strive for unity of the roleplaying community, as well as giving all prospective and returning RPers a positive environment to make new connections in. We are silly (sometimes), we are fun-loving, and we are pretty mature (most of the time). We range from newbies to veterans, light/casual RP to heavy, and we range in nationalities and cultures from all over the world! The Celestial Hills server will be our major home (of course), and we have designated Basilisk Crag as the unofficial RP-PvP server that people will be rolling alts on.

We'd love to have you, so please come and join us! My username is Kismet, feel free to drop me a line. :3 It would always be nice to have fellow AS members (and yes, there are plenty of fellow anime/manga/video game lovers to chat with).
Old 2012-04-16, 15:34   Link #84
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I'm unsure exactly how good RP can be in this game when the quests are not really designed for it... this isn't SWTOR, it doesn't have cutscenes and voice acting every time you talk to a random NPC...

However I'll still probably create something there and see how it goes.
Old 2012-04-16, 15:45   Link #85
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'm unsure exactly how good RP can be in this game when the quests are not really designed for it... this isn't SWTOR, it doesn't have cutscenes and voice acting every time you talk to a random NPC...
Most people I've talked to said that RP in SWTOR ranged from okay/mediocre to horrid, but that's mainly a fault of the community, not the game itself. (There is a LOT of lore to the SW universe, and I would assume that "lore nazis" make the experience less than enjoyable for some.) I personally believe that RP can only be as good as you are able to make it, though.

And I can tell you, despite the weakness of TERA's quest system, the RP I have seen so far from out of this community (both in-game during closed betas and out of game in the RP chatroom of CoS' site) has been nothing short of fabulous. There may be some hiccups here and there due to a lack of lore/a couple of loopholes, but it's nothing so major that it's disruptive. These people are intelligent, creative, and passionate -- RIDICULOUSLY so. I love them to bits. <3
Old 2012-04-16, 16:35   Link #86
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Sounds like fun. Games with a dearth of plot tend to lose me fast, and one thing that always enchanted me about the MMO genre was the capability to run it like an oldschool tabletop D&D session, only without having to worry about the dice and the paper nonsense.

It's just, well, I've played a lot of MMOs and non-MMO persistent worlds, and none of them have I managed to find a good RP community. Either they're way too hardcore and total Stop Having Fun Guys in the RP sense, or they're just PvE munchkins trying to get a server with lower population.
Old 2012-04-16, 18:07   Link #87
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

It would be funny as hell to RP a human male married to a Aman woman and a human male has a little loli fanboy in him XD pissin the aman woman off by going "aww isn't she adorable?"

or would it be funny enough for a human male married to a aman woman? DON"T JUDGE ME!
Old 2012-04-16, 18:11   Link #88
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

However I'll still probably create something there and see how it goes.
Pff, if you can roleplay with a pen, a paper and your imagination, this should be no problem. NPC's are tools for roleplay, not requirements.

Tough I have to say, there is a certain amount of irony in seeing people claim it "could be hard to roleplay without ME style dialog" after defending it wouldn't, nor shouldn't interfere with roleplay for well over three years on the SWTOR forums.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 18:19   Link #89
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Pff, if you can roleplay with a pen, a paper and your imagination, this should be no problem. NPC's are tools for roleplay, not requirements.

Tough I have to say, there is a certain amount of irony in seeing people claim it "could be hard to roleplay without ME style dialog" after defending it wouldn't, nor shouldn't interfere with roleplay for well over three years on the SWTOR forums.
I was mostly referring to how parties can mutually respond to NPCs in conversation. The dialogue wheel doesn't bother me that much though I do find it somewhat clunky on PC... it's clearly designed for consoles and SWTOR is PC only, so what the fuck.
Old 2012-04-16, 22:25   Link #90
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

TOR's NPC conversations aren't very RP friendly like you mean. You don't exactly get to comment on your party members responses.
Old 2012-04-17, 02:13   Link #91
Velsy

Ah Tera. I used to be a lineage 2 player but quit ages ago. Then told some friends I'd check out Tera when it came.

So was it said it was going retail in May ?

I guessing High Elf Healer, or maybe a Human Lancer
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 03:05   Link #92
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I was mostly referring to how parties can mutually respond to NPCs in conversation.
Easy, really. Just type and roleplay. And NPC says something, you type a response. Sure, the NPC won't say anything back, but that's where your friends jump in.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 03:21   Link #93
deathcoy

Well there would probably be RP servers so you can RP with the peeps there.

Wasnt really an RP'er until i played Starcraft II's cortex RP map and then i tried Swtor, kinda like RP after that, but lots of peeps do look down upon RPers. I always do the romance/flirting conversations when my friend or brother aint around so i can enjoy the RP there hahaha.

Anyway back to topic, any good cheap tunnelling, proxy, vpn service that i can use? Im from singapore so En Masse blocked me, i dont wanna play in EU for several reasons. Also my ping to EU server is worse than to NA server. And i dont wanna go back to playing in TERA Korea.

Will check out strongvpn, but does it work well for singapore players?
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 03:38   Link #94
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... would a free VPN work?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 03:48   Link #95
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
As long as it has an exit point in the countries where people can log in, yes.
Old 2012-04-17, 07:11   Link #96
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Ah Tera. I used to be a lineage 2 player but quit ages ago. Then told some friends I'd check out Tera when it came.

So was it said it was going retail in May ?

I guessing High Elf Healer, or maybe a Human Lancer
We already got two Lancers maybe (me and someone else?) pick somethin else!

kiddin, you can be what ever.
Old 2012-04-17, 07:12   Link #97
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Yes but if you can't put extra $5 for security then you should just give up on TERA. Problem with free VPN? The connection is not secure. If you want the whole world to know your TERA details, go ahead, use it.

.. Or.. just play on EU servers and don't mess with VPN's at all.

Also deathcoy it shouldn't matter which VPN you use. If you want to try, use AnonymityNetwork. You can have 1 hour trial when you sign up so you can see if it works properly. But AN is much more expensive than StrongVPN.

Also the launcher doesn't work for you guys who have their IP's blocked, so as for downloading the game .. Download the EU game. There are instructions out there how to convert EU to NA client ; I've tried it and it works perfectly. The NA client can also be found in thepiratebay, though obviously outdated, so you'd still have at least 4GB of content to download thru VPN.

Ps. Only three days for OBT. I need guild name suggestions and I need them now . My friend, the one making it, suggested Godsend, or Durandal, among others, but I don't really like either of them .. But at the same time I don't have anything else to suggest either >.<
Old 2012-04-17, 07:50   Link #98
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Ps. Only three days for OBT. I need guild name suggestions and I need them now . My friend, the one making it, suggested Godsend, or Durandal, among others, but I don't really like either of them .. But at the same time I don't have anything else to suggest either >.<
KuroRuri.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 11:28   Link #99
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
KuroRuri.
please no couple pairings if thats what that is XD

Terasuki?
Old 2012-04-17, 21:10   Link #100
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
It's not. Probably was suggested because of my signature. Gokou Ruri = Kuroneko.

Anyway we want something simple, possibly just one word.. Something easy to remember and catchy too. Eternium was suggested and might go with that unless something else comes up..

Last edited by Dist; 2012-04-17 at 22:52.
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote