AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 25 33.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 25.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 17.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-24, 16:43   Link #81
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Yeah I am even more stoked for the game after that anime ending.

I want my Yui x Yuuya ending!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2012-12-24, 19:11   Link #82
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

For some back story of the terrorist attack and the sunglasses dude Silvio behind the Boeing rep, read here. Enjoy.

http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Muv-Luv...s_Resurrection

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-12-24, 19:20   Link #83
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I rated this episode a 9 for the entertainment value and how it did make Total Eclipse instead of breaking it. for what it did alone, it salvaged the series that have been struggling to find what it tried to do. Not to mention the poor production values (QUALITY) and lousy direction. Compare it to JoJo that managed to overcome its limited budget with a "flair" for direction (watch the series to understand what I mean).

In that scale I will say: Hidan no Aria: Ass production value and director not giving a shit, Total Eclipse: as poor production value but director sincerely loving the source material enough to TRY, unfortunately we can see that the direction was not up to his intention. JoJo: Production values that shows the shoestring budget, but direction have a flair that manages to overcome it.
Old 2012-12-24, 19:26   Link #84
MC117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
But they couldn't have ending it the "age intended way" because story of TE has yet to end. It ended in a similar enough fashion to the point where the novels stopped at.

So yeah, the anime is definitely promotional material for the V/N, but that doesn't mean there won't be another season.
I hope you're right, I would be happy enough with just an OVA showing yui and yuuya meeting again.
Old 2012-12-25, 00:13   Link #85
satomianzaki

yup...just as what yuuya said, yui will come back for sure...because they already have their baby...the tsf they made...well, according to yuuya...

i sure hope yuuya have stronger feelings for yui compared to the other girls...
i really am not fond of harem...honestly...

hehe...
Old 2012-12-25, 00:41   Link #86
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

The amount of fans asking for Season 2 is off the charts
Old 2012-12-25, 03:37   Link #87
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchelJohn View Post
The amount of fans asking for Season 2 is off the charts
But how are the profits?
Old 2012-12-25, 04:23   Link #88
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Everyone forgets that together with Scarface we lost a Sestina... may she rest in peace.
well at least we have two remaining .... a rabbit and a bear

i just thought about something ..... if when yui gets back to japan (if she doesnt get assasinated on the way) looks up yuuyas father and finds out he alive and a royal honor guard ..... imagine thier conversation

Quote:
But how are the profits?
ask the person in charge of the profits

Last edited by black knight iust; 2012-12-25 at 04:45.
Old 2012-12-25, 05:11   Link #89
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
i just thought about something ..... if when yui gets back to japan (if she doesnt get assasinated on the way) looks up yuuyas father and finds out he alive and a royal honor guard ..... imagine thier conversation
Well , it's gonna be a blurry introduction , I mean Yuuya's dad doesn't even know if his son is still alive or even entered the army.

Unless Yui mentioned Yuuya in the conversation stating that Ensign Yuuya Bridges managed to stopped Red Shift and stop a berserk Berkut.I see no other methods to start the conversation. :U

But that's just me being paranoid.
Old 2012-12-25, 07:48   Link #90
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchelJohn View Post
Well , it's gonna be a blurry introduction , I mean Yuuya's dad doesn't even know if his son is still alive or even entered the army.

Unless Yui mentioned Yuuya in the conversation stating that Ensign Yuuya Bridges managed to stopped Red Shift and stop a berserk Berkut.I see no other methods to start the conversation. :U

But that's just me being paranoid.
Not surprised if Yuuya made news. Even Hibiki saving Seattle made news after all.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2012-12-25, 08:51   Link #91
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Yeah I am even more stoked for the game after that anime ending.

I want my Yui x Yuuya ending!
There may be a sequel someday than you can see your Japanese American Samurai TSF babies.

Don't lose hope, it will happen!
Old 2012-12-25, 11:57   Link #92
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

A second season would be nice. Or more of the franchise in general, although I'm not too fond of the artstyle of the original... I prefer realistic artwork, like we've had here. But that might just be me. Either way, I'm sold, give me more.

Also, what's this about multiple Sestinas? Someone care to explain?
Old 2012-12-25, 13:43   Link #93
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
A second season would be nice. Or more of the franchise in general, although I'm not too fond of the artstyle of the original... I prefer realistic artwork, like we've had here. But that might just be me. Either way, I'm sold, give me more.

Also, what's this about multiple Sestinas? Someone care to explain?
Spoiler for dont know how acuret ill be seeing as im alittle tired:
Old 2012-12-25, 18:44   Link #94
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Merry Christmas!

On-Topic
So, this is it, the end of the trek that started six months ago.

While I sincerely believed that this last episode needed more substance to build the tension on Yuuya forcing himself to stop the Scarlet Twins, nevertheless, the animation staff nailed it right with the pacing for neither rushing the content nor dragging the aftermath at the conclusion before the epilogue rolled in.

It's pathetic the way that maniac Christopher kicked the bucket, but the man addressed as the leader was right that the former guy became too greedy, thinking he got the control over the Scarlet Twins by releasing the hypnotic effect on them; Christopher, nonetheless, reaped what he sowed after voraciously looking for power and paid the price with his own demise.

Now, as for the other characters, to me it was a full circle achievement witnessing how much Yuuya grew up from when I first saw him in episode three; a late-teenager conflicted between his two heritages. Up to this last episode having matured into a full man honoring the legacy of lost comrades by being responsibles about his choices and looking on ahead for the path to bring all of his comrades together with him.

Yui follows close for a tie-in with Yuuya, since she as well matured into a woman opened around her feelings in order to become more attached to Yuuya and all of the staff from Argos1.

You know, the moment that Yuuya and Yui exchanged salutes from within a distances without each other confessing their feelings not only made me a bit sad but also left me with a feeling of vacancy, because my gut feeling tells me we won't be ever seeing more of those two of them again due that this is it for Total Eclipse anime in the franchise, though the novels are still on-going.
Old 2012-12-25, 20:19   Link #95
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Yui follows close for a tie-in with Yuuya, since she as well matured into a woman opened around her feelings in order to become more attached to Yuuya and all of the staff from Argos1.

You know, the moment that Yuuya and Yui exchanged salutes from within a distances without each other confessing their feelings not only made me a bit sad but also left me with a feeling of vacancy, because my gut feeling tells me we won't be ever seeing more of those two of them again due that this is it for Total Eclipse anime in the franchise, though the novels are still on-going.
Makes me wonder the fate of everyone in Argos. I doubt they'd be sent back to their homeland. Then again if they don't, then Yui would probably really be coming back. Heh.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2012-12-25, 21:18   Link #96
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Yui would be back. She wouldn't just leave her and Yuuya's love child: the Shiranui, behind.
Old 2012-12-25, 21:20   Link #97
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
yup...just as what yuuya said, yui will come back for sure...because they already have their baby...the tsf they made...well, according to yuuya...

i sure hope yuuya have stronger feelings for yui compared to the other girls...
i really am not fond of harem...honestly...
Yuuya and Yui are a couple of tsunderes. They're in love without the need to say "I love you".

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Yui would be back. She wouldn't just leave her and Yuuya's love child the Shiranui behind.
She couldn't stay longer in Japan knowing Cryska is more aware of her feelings for Yuuya now ad may be planning to do "this" and "that" Russian style...
Old 2012-12-25, 22:03   Link #98
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yuuya and Yui are a couple of tsunderes. They're in love without the need to say "I love you".

She couldn't stay longer in Japan knowing Cryska is more aware of her feelings for Yuuya now ad may be planning to do "this" and "that" Russian style...

lol. But Cryska seems so curious about her newfound feelings that she has no experience with. I bet she's willing to try a number of things. Maybe she and Inia will practice on each other and then go for the kill later on. Yuuya will be like an unsuspecting prey.
Old 2012-12-25, 23:34   Link #99
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
lol. But Cryska seems so curious about her newfound feelings that she has no experience with. I bet she's willing to try a number of things. Maybe she and Inia will practice on each other and then go for the kill later on. Yuuya will be like an unsuspecting prey.
They'll be losing the state of Virginia that way...

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-12-26 at 00:31.
Old 2012-12-26, 00:28   Link #100
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Lol now that I think about it.

Since both Yui and Cryska realised that they are both love rivals , Yui's sure gonna come back to Yukon , she ain't gonna let her time away from Yuuya get snatched by curious Cryska :U
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, mecha