AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-06, 06:13   Link #10421
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I'll say this again. No nation on Earth can successfully invade China in a conventional war. The US can't. Russia can't. India can't. Your dream unified Korea can't.
India and Korea, obviously too small. Even UK and France's nukes are out.

~~

But what's stopping RUSSIA from invading China? Remember, Russia has WAY more nukes than China.

And if US really felt compelled to unleash its WHOLE nuclear arsenal at China, I don't see how China can last.
Old 2010-12-06, 06:17   Link #10422
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrLeanne View Post

But what's stopping RUSSIA from invading China? Remember, Russia has WAY more nukes than China.
but thats not so much invade
thats more like burn to the ground in a nuclear fire, while also receiving the same treatment yourself.

which i hardly consider a worthwhile effort
Old 2010-12-06, 06:19   Link #10423
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:

~~

And if US really felt compelled to unleash its WHOLE nuclear arsenal at China, I don't see how China can last.
What's there to invade if they do that? And China has its own arsenal. I don't know if they do but I'm assuming they also have anti nuclear missile defense systems, not to mention their own nukes. Russia and US teaming up to go against China might give them the advantage in nuclear war but neither one is in a position to bomb china with nukes. Do that, and China becomes a radioactive wasteland. Considering how nearly every country in the world relies on its raw materials (made in China anyone?), I think a nuclear attack on China isn't exactly ideal.

If you want to take over China, send a team of assassins and take down its leadership at night while they're sleeping. Conventional war against China is out of the question. It would have serious backlash on the entire world.
Old 2010-12-06, 07:00   Link #10424
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:

If you didn't advocate it, you wouldn't even mention something that no sane leader would support. Korea can't beat China. This is not a position you can argue. Look at the industrial output of both nations for starters. Also how much of that Korean industry depends on raw material from China? This is worse than Japan attacking the US in WWII, and we all know how that went.

I'll say this again. No nation on Earth can successfully invade China in a conventional war. The US can't. Russia can't. India can't. Your dream unified Korea can't.
In this respect, she reminds me of the Imperial Japanese attitude during WWII, that they can somehow swallow China.

Also, you can bump out everyone at Zhongnanhai, and the local party bosses will become warlords. Simple.
Old 2010-12-06, 07:14   Link #10425
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:

~~

I specified conventional and invading China. Russia today isn't the Soviet Union. Their forces are reduced. They just don't have the men or industry to successfully invade now. China can't successfully invade Russia either though. It's a lot harder for for China to project that power far enough to get anywhere really important in Russia. A border conflict where neither side gives or takes much ground it's more of a toss up. It's a lot easier for the disadvantaged party in such a conflict to sue for peace than in one where a significant chunk of their territory is in enemy hands, after all, so it won't be an all out grind your enemy into dust fight.
Old 2010-12-06, 07:27   Link #10426
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Continental guilty over Concorde crash
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...6B51LI20101206
After all this time...
Old 2010-12-06, 08:19   Link #10427
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post

If you want to take over China, send a team of assassins and take down its leadership at night while they're sleeping. .
NOW that's an idea.

ANNA CHAPMAN WHERE ARE YOU!?
Old 2010-12-06, 08:22   Link #10428
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
NOW that's an idea.

ANNA CHAPMAN WHERE ARE YOU!?
It's not an idea that should be taken seriously tho Especially since I'm quite certain security around Chinese leadership is as tight as it could be.
Old 2010-12-06, 08:29   Link #10429
Azumanga Davo
Chiyo IQ, Osaka Aptitude

I believe in the future Russia and China will have more arguments over borders, thanks to the amazing amount of resources in that area. Apparently some say that's even taking place now, but thankfully in a verbal conflict for now.
Old 2010-12-06, 10:40   Link #10430
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Kublai Khan can, though . No but seriously, I agree, there's simply no way you can overpower China militarily, and the most telling reason for that is China's industrial capacity - they can sustain their own economy indefinitely with the kind of output and resources they have at their disposal.
Old 2010-12-06, 12:59   Link #10431
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Kublai Khan can, though . No but seriously, I agree, there's simply no way you can overpower China militarily, and the most telling reason for that is China's industrial capacity - they can sustain their own economy indefinitely with the kind of output and resources they have at their disposal.
I wrote down something quite long but thought, hell, who is going to read that anyway. So let me tell a bit of story here.

In the height of the Sino-Soviet split, Mao really prepared to fight the soviet if it came down to that. Of course, there is no way they could hold the boarder, so the plan was to simply let the Soviet army in and then drag them down as much as possible: the soviet certainly can not fight a war with China and compete with the Nato at the same time. In fact, every village in the north, for example, was order to build concrete defense hold outs with these square holes for machines guns. Some even remain today, because they are pretty hard to destroy. That's the strategy Mao counted on at that time, that's pretty much the only thing that China realistically is at an advantage: that it is a vast and populous nation.

Beyond that, I am not so confident. Both its navy and air force are pretty crappy and generations behind. There is little hope that they can either secure the supply route to sustain a war or guard the coastal provinces where the most of the industries are located. That's the reason why the Chinese army is quite obsessed with cyber wars, anti-satellite weapon, etc.. They simply can not fight headon with a more superior force.
Old 2010-12-06, 13:19   Link #10432
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Missus View Post
I believe in the future Russia and China will have more arguments over borders, thanks to the amazing amount of resources in that area. Apparently some say that's even taking place now, but thankfully in a verbal conflict for now.
China and Russia already some of those dispute a few years ago with a treaty.

Currently while neither China nor Russia like each other that much. They do see each other as a good allies against US. Both Russia and China see the US as a bigger threat and until the US is eliminated neither country is going to turn on each.

And US is itself already has more Nukes then both Russia and China combine. It doesn't need to allied with another country to use Nuke. However a high ranking Chinese General told the US once before, in the event of any War where is losing China will nuke all nearby US allied and the US itself with everything China has.
Old 2010-12-06, 14:54   Link #10433
iLney

Quote:
"invade" is a broad term. If you make it "overthrow the Communist Regime and make China more 'diverse' it opens endless possibility

But whats the point? As long as they sell cheap stuffs and maintain all the dirty industry that no other developed nation wants (except for those lunatics in the US who wants to "bring the jobs back" ), who cares.

And you forget an important point, the US government, or any empire, NEEDS an enemy! Heck, China is the next best thing since the USSR. No sarcasm on my part.
Old 2010-12-06, 16:27   Link #10434
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

And US is itself already has more Nukes then both Russia and China combine
no no no

russia has more nuclear warheads in their rockets than US can ever dream of
Old 2010-12-06, 16:31   Link #10435
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

you mean these rockets?

Old 2010-12-06, 21:54   Link #10436
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Unless you're Russia. Kings of border wars, the Russians are everywhere. (No, seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post

And you forget an important point, the US government, or any empire, NEEDS an enemy! Heck, China is the next best thing since the USSR. No sarcasm on my part.
True enough, but I'd rather they picked a fight with the EU.
Old 2010-12-06, 22:30   Link #10437
iLney

Nah, the EU means Britain included. Can't do that. Plus, they are white
Old 2010-12-06, 23:10   Link #10438
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
Plus, they are white
More about many of them being member of NATO...

But year the fact than much US politian are european-descendant might also count on this.
Old 2010-12-06, 23:14   Link #10439
flying ^

Quote:
Unless you're Russia. Kings of border wars, the Russians are everywhere. (No, seriously)

nah

EU is still USA's bitch!

USA still subsidies their defense and EU only contribute like 1-2% of their wealth to defense.
Old 2010-12-06, 23:15   Link #10440
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
U

no offense to the Europeans on the board, but the Europe has as much international influence as Justin Bieber.

Currently it is US, Russia and China with India and Brazil closing fast.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international