AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2004-02-11, 20:40   Link #41
relentlessflame

*Administrator

FreeJPA, you're basically right. Given the way the characters developed, this is the only really "good" ending I can think of without totally re-writing the plot.

In the one "butterfly effect" scenario, though, if he totally blew Mitsuki off when she asked him to get her a ring (basically showing her clearly that he wasn't interested in her), and then went to meet Haruka before her accident, things may have worked out. (Mitsuki needed to be clearly rejected so that she had a chance to move on.) But, of course, then something worse would probably happen.

As I said, I'm hard-pressed to think of an alternate "happy" ending for everyone, unless things changed dramatically earlier on. I understand now why they say the number one secret to getting a good ending in the Kiminozo game is to "be decisive".
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 21:03   Link #42
ugupoo
多谢你爱我.... *キッス!* ^_~

It'll be difficult though... even for Takayuki... given he's not too bright on the flip side of things. Look at Ashton Kutcher! Took him what? TWO HOURS?? And he was the brightest in his class. TWO hours and he still couldn't get it right and have a happy ending between him and Kelly or Kaylee. ^^

Mitsuki will definitely turn out to be a superbum or worse, corporate slave. ^^ Not to mention poor Shinji-kun. What would happen to him? Probably get whipped countless times by Mitsuki if Takayuki doesn't make his move. But hey... if he did save Haruka, he'd get all the meat pies he can get. Now that's more of a luxury to him than Mitsuki herself. Since when did she ever make meat pie for him? ^_^
ugupoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 14:07   Link #43
Sharkus-kun
Neighborhood Sea Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugupoo
It'll be difficult though... even for Takayuki... given he's not too bright on the flip side of things. Look at Ashton Kutcher! Took him what? TWO HOURS?? And he was the brightest in his class. TWO hours and he still couldn't get it right and have a happy ending between him and Kelly or Kaylee. ^^

Mitsuki will definitely turn out to be a superbum or worse, corporate slave. ^^ Not to mention poor Shinji-kun. What would happen to him? Probably get whipped countless times by Mitsuki if Takayuki doesn't make his move. But hey... if he did save Haruka, he'd get all the meat pies he can get. Now that's more of a luxury to him than Mitsuki herself. Since when did she ever make meat pie for him? ^_^
Well, it just goes to show that this is a warning to all guys everywhere. When you got a girlfriend and there's a close friend that happens to be a girl starts starts indicating that there's some feeling there, you better set things straight right there and then OR ELSE.

OR ELSE what? OR ELSE your girlfriend will get into an accident, get into a coma and your friend girl will become unstable and sleep with guys for consolement. Do you want that? Eh? EH? That's what I thought.
Sharkus-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 15:15   Link #44
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus-kun
Well, it just goes to show that this is a warning to all guys everywhere. When you got a girlfriend and there's a close friend that happens to be a girl starts starts indicating that there's some feeling there, you better set things straight right there and then OR ELSE.

OR ELSE what? OR ELSE your girlfriend will get into an accident, get into a coma and your friend girl will become unstable and sleep with guys for consolement. Do you want that? Eh? EH? That's what I thought.
Exactly! KGNE: It could happen to you.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 02:58   Link #45
FreeJPA

LOL @ all your comments hehe. Alternate universes are always a touchy subject, since there are, what was that Vulcan saying, "Infinite possibilities in infinite combinations" or something like that. Bah, simply put, they should've put one more episode in to show the future and that would've been a happy ending. But if they did that, we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we?
FreeJPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 11:19   Link #46
Shift_

bah I *hate* takayuki if I were able to I would of had him gone "missing" after Haruka first woke up.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 01:41   Link #47
eMpTy265
<unranked>

In a way, Takayuki's true character has been revealed to us right at the beginning of the series.

While ascending the ladder, Takayuki didn't really care whether he was going to make it to the next rung (i.e. college / university)... he's more of the type of person that goes with the flow.

Unfortunately, his ability to 'go with the flow' / be kind (in otherwords, simply being indecisive and irresolute) messes his life up completely.

Personally, while I don't hate the guy TOO much, I definately don't like his attitude and his inability to be honest (even at the risk of hurting people)

Now, moments which I almost cracked:

Takayuki realizes that it was Haruka that got in an accident.

Mitsuki confessing after the Shinji incident, and dropping the ring in the cup

Haruka & Takayuki's parting (Mayauru story): (This moment also put Haruka on par with Akane as my favourite character)

Hontou no Takaramono (though I think the game's "The only gift I can give is the gift of goodbye" would have struck me more...)
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 11:30   Link #48
LR500

Episode 11 had me in tears all the way through.

Eps 2, 4 and 10 also had me incredibly upset and crying
LR500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 12:50   Link #49
FreeJPA

Ah, key episodes.

It's pretty interesting how they started it off like a comedy in a way, and then just drop the bomb on ya ^_^

Hrm... it seems the people I've been showing this to have the unpleasant experience of my over-hyping it a tad. -_- Then again, if I don't hype it up, they probably wouldn't see it.
Old 2004-02-16, 14:55   Link #50
Sharkus-kun
Neighborhood Sea Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeJPA
LOL @ all your comments hehe. Alternate universes are always a touchy subject, since there are, what was that Vulcan saying, "Infinite possibilities in infinite combinations" or something like that. Bah, simply put, they should've put one more episode in to show the future and that would've been a happy ending. But if they did that, we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we?
Yeap. A nice consoling OAV to kind of put in that ending that represents the epilogue, kind of how Kanon Kazahana tried to be. Chances of it coming out? Quite low methinks. But worry not, because there's always these forums to speculate.
Sharkus-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 23:14   Link #51
FreeJPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus-kun
But worry not, because there's always these forums to speculate.
O.o References to fan fiction?

Hehe, that'd be quite interesting, if someone actually wrote a really good (and convincing) fan fiction for the sequel ^_^
Old 2004-02-17, 00:40   Link #52
~Aznkid~

Im still A Haruka fan !! stupid Hayase should drop dead ! grrrrrrrr

HARUKA #1
~Aznkid~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 12:49   Link #53
kujoe
from head to heel

Actually, I found it interesting that the way I reacted during my first run of the series turned out to be very different on the second time through. Some key moments were still good but there were just some scenes that all of a sudden felt artificial.

The ending in particular became worse as I saw it for the second time. The impact was really missing, or it was lost somewhere along the way. Also, the part where Haruka is reading the book was just lacking since it was cut somewhere in the middle. All she read was basically, "Once upon a time. . . .The End." The staff should've focused and prioritized this part more than Takayuki's search for Mitsuki.

There's just not enough replay value to this I guess. Or perhaps it's better to watch it all over again with someone who hasn't seen it yet--just to see how that person will react.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 02:24   Link #54
FreeJPA

[QUOTE=kujoe]
There's just not enough replay value to this I guess. QUOTE]

Hehe, that's why you watch only key episodes the day after you finish wathing the series, when that emotional impact is still strong. That way, key episodes reinforce your feeligs, and then you can watch the whole thing again from start to finish (and yes, do that within a few days of finishing it for the first time )
Old 2004-02-29, 01:18   Link #55
Haruka 4-ever

Unhappy

o god.. i just finished watching the whole series and i'm having lasting effect due to the sad ending for Huraka.. i'm completely devoted into this anime, especially in Huraka's side...

*misty eyes* be happy, Huraka-ever...
Haruka 4-ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 16:15   Link #56
Akatora

Send a message via MSN to Akatora
The last episode.... when Haruko reads the story... and Takayuki leaves her behind... I hand few tears... snif snif lol. Seriously, why does he choice to leave Haruka!?!!?!? OMG I just don't understand that guy, she was going to do everything to be back with him!! Still, it was very sad to see haruka left beind by takayaki...
Akatora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 03:47   Link #57
CaSe-
胸のひねること

I loved this anime. As lots of people have already said in this thread, it starts out all perfect and great and uplifting. Then bang, it grabs you by the throat and reality hits you. I started feeling awful when the three of them met in pub (was wondering where haruka was) and when Takayuki got together with Mitsuki, was crushing for Haruka. And the final episode. Oh my god.

Anyhow, this has elevated to number 2 in my all time favourite animes. Im still thinking about this series almost a week after seeing it all. Well done KGNE
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 19:10   Link #58
HelloMuggle

i just finished watching kgne in its entirety about 4 days ago and now i realized.. im jaded! i can't bear to watch other anime that isn't as good now.. ahhh!!! :P has anyone else experienced this..haha.
anyways... i think the most sentimental parts for me were with mitsuki... like when she's alone, looking at apartment ads, singing that lost cat song.. i was moved.. and when takayuki comes back he just shuts her out and goes to shower/bed.. poor her =(
HelloMuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 18:04   Link #59
Devourer
Artificial Human

I enjoyed the first few episodes, but I did not like the series as a whole. It started off well enough but it felt like the theme being conveyed was essentially, "When life starts to look good, fate will unmericifully screw you over."
Seriously! Halfway through Episode Two everything looks great, then Haruka gets hit by a car. Then, after falling into a somewhat maniacal depression, Takayuki is told by Suzumiya's parents to not visit her anymore. Time passes and together Hayase (Mitsuki) and Takayuki, despite having their dreams crushed, finally start to assemble a new life for themselves. Then fate, in the form of Haruka waking up, strolls on in and rips them a new one.

While the story does tug at your emotions, it did not present the kind of sadness that would make me cry. (Granted, it takes a far bit to get me there, I don't think I've ever cried from watching a show, just from getting my finger almost cut off.) It's more a depressing, "Wow, would you look at that, life sucks!". kind of feeling.
Devourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 18:34   Link #60
Antonik

This was one of the sadest things i ever watched, it was rather depressing but enjoyable at the same time. I watched the whole series in 2 days, and only saw it becuase of someones avatar where hayase and haruka point thier guns at each other... Never happened in the anime but oh well. I felt sorry for hayase throughout the whole show, she had such a great warm voice and beautful looking, but tayaske(sp?) shut her out, i hated that guy thruout the series, good thing at the end he realized what she'd done for him.
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote