AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-25, 08:59   Link #1841
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Keroko will accept Yaoi...

As for me, I encourage more pairings with KHA!

*is shot to pieces*
Old 2008-06-25, 09:17   Link #1842
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Remember people, OC thread accepts all pairings as worthy of exploration.

Except yaoi, but then who in their right minds accepts yaoi?
Well if it's tasteful Yaoi.... I don't really see any problem with it. although get too explicit and I'm running for the hills as well.

*note: See Lynn Flewelling: Luck in the Shadows and the other books in the series for what I mean.

Edit: XD Syncho Post

Last edited by Liingo; 2008-06-25 at 09:30.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 09:17   Link #1843
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Yes, yes I do. Though I have to admit I'm still learning to go beyond trap level to actually like the pairing.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 09:43   Link #1844
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Oooooh, just had a really swell idea.

Someone was complaining about me removing Nanoha's White Devil moment from BladeS, right? Well how's this for a replacement?

Spoiler for Gotta Love Endless Waltz:

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 10:07   Link #1845
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

This is a crackish idea I have thought up. It is not particularly well written but Aaron008R persuaded me that you guys should have a look.
Spoiler for Prologue or Madness:
Thoughts?
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 10:20   Link #1846
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Thoughts? Okay, in a single word:

MORE!!!!
Old 2008-06-25, 10:23   Link #1847
Tormenk

I'm not too sure what to make of it at this point but more is definitely good.

Though looks like I'm not the only one playing with Reinforce-revival scenario crack..

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 10:44   Link #1848
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Oooooh, just had a really swell idea.

Someone was complaining about me removing Nanoha's White Devil moment from BladeS, right? Well how's this for a replacement?

Spoiler for Gotta Love Endless Waltz:
That would be me and while what you've got is cool, it comes no where near matching the bit that you're planning to take out IMO.

@tshouryuu I'm with the others. MOAR! There's a lot of potential in this scenario. Massive potential.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 10:47   Link #1849
mamott99
The Burning Toilet

Send a message via AIM to mamott99 Send a message via MSN to mamott99 Send a message via Yahoo to mamott99
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
This is a crackish idea I have thought up. It is not particularly well written but Aaron008R persuaded me that you guys should have a look.
Thoughts?
That is not bad...
Wait, forget what I said just then; the prologue is AWESOME; I want more of the story; you have GOT to continue on with this.

Because on a scale of 1-10, "I'm lactose intolerant and I decided to set my toilet on fire. I downed a quart of 91% rubbing alcohol. It destroyed the porcelain in my bowl and I'm down a toilet. What should I do?" is a 3.141159265...
mamott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 10:55   Link #1850
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Thoughts?

.................................................. ...................................

... Damn it, tshou, CLIFF HANGERS?!

WRITE FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 11:00   Link #1851
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Remember people, OC thread accepts all pairings as worthy of exploration.

Except yaoi, but then who in their right minds accepts yaoi?
Only as right minds as those who accept the converse, naturally. Personally, I don't have qualms accepting either end of the spectrum, though keep the smut down to acceptable levels, please.

Quote:
Thoughts?
Why should this be called madness or crack, I don't know, but I do know that you need to produce the next part in the shortest time possible.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 11:55   Link #1852
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Everyone covered the points nicely, and yes Data Collection can be the baseline skill for Tra--

*is shot*

But without further ado, another excellent artist mercurianangel has gracefully agreed to help out with the Codex, and here's another shot:
Spoiler for Kha in Knight's Garb:
Original Kha is brighter than Clone Kha, so this pic does bring out the difference more than Fate's sketch, which was meant to catch Kha in his darker moods.

Kha is decked in his Knight's Garb, which is easily inverted to become the Knight Armor mode, sans some consecrated metal plating that we see in Fate's sketch. Behind him is the coat of arms of the Cleric-Knights, the aptly named Celestial Being, Chamber Militant of the Licht von Belka.

I wanted a good cassock for Kha's clerical duties, but since the Kruznik's refused to leave my mind... I used it. And yes I should've gone Alucard pose, but this pic was based off Shiro's character song album cover, and Alucard might be more of an OOC reference for reference sake, so I'll pass.

And most of all, mercurianangel managed to bring out all that in a professionally done manner! The assistant to Dark God Satashi bestows us with a great gift! We must thank her wholeheartedly!
Ah, another great work by Mercurianangel . She's so awesome that she can draw canon AND OC . Which reminds me...I have a pic I commissioned a bit back that I'm holding hostage until I feel like showing it off

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

CELESTIAL BEING INDEED!!!!!

Damn, looks very AWESOMELY Spiffy there Mercurianangel truly is GODLIKE
Pssh . Godlike? Mercurianangel is BEYOND GODLIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Kha really is mobilizing all the great artists he can find.

Ah well... let's join in!

mercurianangel mercurianangel mercurianangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazenoyuuchi View Post
Also, I shall be joining your OC community. It is nice to meet everybody.
Greeting there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Likewise I encourage people to create romance pairings for Vivio, even with my OC Syn being one herself. The more Vivio, the better.
Can't have enough Vivio

Quote:
So true. I hear Keroko's been sighted at Yaoi Con...

Quote:
As for me, I encourage more pairings with KHA!

*is shot to pieces*
*blasts remains with the Macross Cannon*

Quote:
Yes, yes I do. Though I have to admit I'm still learning to go beyond trap level to actually like the pairing.
Interesting...

Quote:
Thoughts?
Thoughts? THOUGHTS?!

WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 12:02   Link #1853
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Thoughts?
Crack? Not so much.

A good idea? YES!!!!

*SLAMS HANDS ON TABLE*

ALL OF US DEMAND:

MOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 12:42   Link #1854
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
That's true. The amount of well known legendary swords is staggering compared to other weapons.
Which is why I often don't even get into it that much there are plenty of cool things to name a weapon without having to plum history or feel beholden to the originals backstory or powers. I prefer to create my weapons own history although I can see why some guys would go for such references.

Quote:
Now bows, those tend to be tricky to find.
Well that's because Bowman are gutless cowards that don't deserve cool weapons. Expect for that one guy that sank a BOAT with a single arrow he was hardcore.

Quote:
Nor can I... Weird, you'd think that Vita would spawn a legion of hammer wielding mages.
Actually they might be part of the problem Vita is cool, this cannot be denied (), so it probably gives any aspiring writers an inferiority complex about trying to introduce another hammer wielding mage.

Quote:
Noted. And nothing wrong with going outside your normal aproach, Syn is shaping up to be a mid- to long range combatant with virtually no melee offensive. Usually my characters tend to be close- to mid ranged, if not purely close-ranged characters.
Well I wouldn't say it's that far outside he's still a ranged fighter with a solid defense he's just a tad ponderous in terms of maneuvering. The high speed melee guys almost made of paper where more of a departure for me really.

Quote:
I always wondered why none of these tropes was applied to Vita when she got stabbed...
Well getting stabbed through the chest front to back will tend to impair even you're average superhero... the fact she was even alive and moving is already pushing past many examples of "made of iron" into implacable man territory.

Quote:
Then you may find it amusing that if canon continues with what we're given, Vivio will completely lack a Cartridge system.
I'm sure they'll find a way to give her one even she has to eat the cartridge or something which also brings this to mind....
Spoiler for Size:

Quote:
Yes, this point is spawned of the age old 'conventional weaponry would destroy mages' debate. It's a well known fact that both mass-based weaponry and magic were used in the wars, which in my eyes pretty much makes the two equal.
I'm not sure about equal myself at least not if we're talking sci-fi technology here (which the while battle robots and interstellar battlecruisers would seem to indicate). Mages would have there place, but the fact is the numbers of powerful mages are ultimately somewhat limited while the number of tanks, guns, and fighter planes you can build is likely significantly less so. Yeah an S-Rank mage is powerful, but the problem is there are just so damn few of them and a C or B ranked grunt is ALLOT less potent against conventional weaponry.

I know in my own crack I actually had to beef magic up considerably beyond what I think is likely to make lower level guys even vaguely competitive with sci-fi level weaponry. (Teana starts to look kind of anemic for instance when you've got battlesuits with homing plasma guns, beam cannons, beam sabers, active camo, and jump jets for instance).

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 13:25   Link #1855
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Which is why I often don't even get into it that much there are plenty of cool things to name a weapon without having to plum history or feel beholden to the originals backstory or powers. I prefer to create my weapons own history although I can see why some guys would go for such references.
There's a lot of cool things you can do when you pay with the names. For example, Syn's Bow Device is called Hellskor, a play on the word Helskór, which in norse mythology were shoes you put on the dead so they could use them to walk to Valhalla. The amusing play is then that Hellskor is implied to be used to send people to Valhalla.

Quote:
Well that's because Bowman are gutless cowards that don't deserve cool weapons. Expect for that one guy that sank a BOAT with a single arrow he was hardcore.
Or totally awesome badasses. One of the less remembered scenes (which I find strange, because to me it is one of his most awesome scenes to date) of Archer in the Fate/ Stay Night game is when he uses a bow to blow up an entire graveyard, setting it ablaze in the process. The only scene rivalling that one was him using Rho Aius to block Lancer's most destructive attack. Screw Unlimited Blade Works! Archer has so many tickets to awesome its a crime to waste them. I plan to incorporate those pieces in Syn, a destructive archer with an astounding defence. Should also be about time that the thread sees an ultimate defensive spell instead of a constant onslaught of ultimate offenses.

Quote:
Actually they might be part of the problem Vita is cool, this cannot be denied (), so it probably gives any aspiring writers an inferiority complex about trying to introduce another hammer wielding mage.
Probably.

Quote:
Well getting stabbed through the chest front to back will tend to impair even you're average superhero... the fact she was even alive and moving is already pushing past many examples of "made of iron" into implacable man territory.
Nothing unfamiliar to Shonen anime though.

Quote:
I'm sure they'll find a way to give her one even she has to eat the cartridge or something which also brings this to mind....
For now I plan not to give her one. She's already powerfull enough with her auto defense and copycat abillities.

Quote:
Spoiler for Size:
I think we may have found one of the reasons Hayate was so shafted. Note that all of the people shafted in StrikerS don't use Cartridges.

It's a patern. No cartridges = shafting.

Quote:
I'm not sure about equal myself at least not if we're talking sci-fi technology here (which the while battle robots and interstellar battlecruisers would seem to indicate). Mages would have there place, but the fact is the numbers of powerful mages are ultimately somewhat limited while the number of tanks, guns, and fighter planes you can build is likely significantly less so. Yeah an S-Rank mage is powerful, but the problem is there are just so damn few of them and a C or B ranked grunt is ALLOT less potent against conventional weaponry.

I know in my own crack I actually had to beef magic up considerably beyond what I think is likely to make lower level guys even vaguely competitive with sci-fi level weaponry. (Teana starts to look kind of anemic for instance when you've got battlesuits with homing plasma guns, beam cannons, beam sabers, active camo, and jump jets for instance).
I find simply applying the Laws of Animation to be enough. For example, bullets are not dodgable normally, in anime they are. Conventional weaponry flies slower in anime, heck, Nanoha already does that. Those misiles the drones fire should not be that slow after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
So true. I hear Keroko's been sighted at Yaoi Con...
Keroko-chan was the one who pushed Vivio to go there.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-06-26 at 04:43.
Old 2008-06-25, 14:36   Link #1856
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Signum: Hot... blooded?

Zafira:
*sighs*

Shamal:
Oh dear! Hot blood?

Erio: Uhm... what is hot blood?

Quote:
Yes, that's one more thing I missed in StrikerS. Imagine the combo with Agito.
It would do some nifty damage

Quote:
Low on inspiration/motivation to write?
Low on inspiration...doubt it, but motivation...
Also, I'm getting constantly distracted by other things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Canon check the following, please.

Spoiler for Thirteen Dread and Forbidden Devices:
Ohh...interesting group of Lost Logia there

Looking forward to seeing some of them in action...
*warps away*
Old 2008-06-25, 14:42   Link #1857
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Low on inspiration...doubt it, but motivation...
Also, I'm getting constantly distracted by other things...
I know the feeling, your mind is swarming with ideas, but working on the drive to actually write them down is a different story.

Though I've been struck by a wave of inspiration lately. Here is a first design of Syn's Bow Device Hellskor:

Spoiler:

I'm quite pleased with the results. It has a bit of a Levantine feel to it, I'll admit, but that is intentional, with Mid lacking of examples to draw from they based it around Levantine. It still has a feel of its own.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-06-25 at 17:28.
Old 2008-06-25, 14:44   Link #1858
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
I know the feeling, your mind is swarming with ideas, but working on the drive to actually write them down is a different story.

Though I've been struck by a wave of inspiration lately. Here is a first design of Syn's Bow Device Hellskor:

Spoiler:

I'm quite pleased with the results. It has a bit of a Levantine feel to it, I'll admit, but that is more due to the lack of examples to draw from then anything else. It still has a feel of its own.
Lemmie know when you've finished your rebuild of Syn, so that I can take the Syn profile that you gave me a while back and eventually start transitioning the Syn I currently have to the one you've got :3
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 16:12   Link #1859
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Welcome, new member.:3

I hope you enjoy your stay.

If you ever need help/assistance, feel free to ask.

*Tri-Ace welcome!* =3
Well you said "Tri-Ace" the first thing that pops up in my head was; "huh? What does that game developers do here" ^.^;

Quote:
Thoughts?
Anything with Rein zwei and Hayate needs more!

*Jumps in the wagon*

Quote:

Spoiler:

I'm quite pleased with the results. It has a bit of a Levantine feel to it, I'll admit, but that is more due to the lack of examples to draw from then anything else. It still has a feel of its own.
Guess we should stop feeding FlameZ with Touhou ^.^;;;;;
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 16:16   Link #1860
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:

Spoiler:

Very nice design!

But the two cartridge chambers make it look like it is actually two devices put together to form a bow (And thats where the Laevantin feel comes from).

Maybe you could try making the bow more 'thin' on one side... so that it is no longer symetric.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content