AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-12, 11:49   Link #301
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I thought the anime would explain it, but they still haven't. Magnius should have been knocked out, giving Touma a chance to escape w/Index. Despite this, and the fact that the fire alarm went off, which should have triggered the fire/police department to arrive in a very short time(this IS an advanced city after all), Magnius "gets away".
Old 2008-10-12, 11:59   Link #302
NakedAngelX

Fighting was awesome, however the main guy's still too noisy. Talk less and more action and this will be a great show xD. Mikoto and index talking are enough.

Last edited by NakedAngelX; 2008-10-12 at 12:12.
Old 2008-10-12, 12:19   Link #303
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Don't forget Nobue from Strawberry Marshmallow anime. She was aged for the anime version and is a chain-smoking, beer guzzling adult who looks like something younger.

Komoe is an adult like the others have said already. The legal age for smoking and alcohol consumption in Japan is 20 IIRC so she's prob older than 20. Not to get OT but was Akira's age ever stated? She's prob at least 20 pretending to be a teen and it could be a silent running gag about her.
I never said anything about lolis having to be below 20. Mind you, I did ask "how old is this loli anyway?" So I'm open-minded about it.
Old 2008-10-12, 12:27   Link #304
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Episode 2 was win. This is unexpectedly turning out to be one of the best of the season...best part is I haven't read the novels so I don't have any high expectations to be crushed later on.
Old 2008-10-12, 14:12   Link #305
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I never said anything about lolis having to be below 20. Mind you, I did ask "how old is this loli anyway?" So I'm open-minded about it.
But lolitas do have an age limit. They are considered to be adolescent females.
Old 2008-10-12, 15:31   Link #306
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Don't worry, I make an exception for bunny loli.
Old 2008-10-12, 17:34   Link #307
iceyfw

The expression the loli teacher had... priceless
Old 2008-10-12, 17:38   Link #308
Midonin
Last Engage

Even with the ink being smudged really easily, that was some nice thinking on Touma's part. Index in book-mode is...different, but I'm curious what she had to go through to get all that information in her head. Looking forward to seeing more of the teacher next episode, since it looks like she'll get a fair amount of screentime healing Index. Really have to feel sorry for Touma with that hand of his. Still, a pretty resourceful guy, all things considered.
Old 2008-10-12, 18:01   Link #309
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Lost abit of the charm the first episode had and became alittle talky in parts, but overall still pretty good. I can see I'm going to like the show more for the characters then anything else...The Flame mage was nice and all, but the biggest joy for me was the discovery that loli sensie's entire home is covered in empty beer cans and cigs.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-10-12, 18:14   Link #310
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I thought the anime would explain it, but they still haven't. Magnius should have been knocked out, giving Touma a chance to escape w/Index. Despite this, and the fact that the fire alarm went off, which should have triggered the fire/police department to arrive in a very short time(this IS an advanced city after all), Magnius "gets away".
Maybe the sword chick who was ominously standing on the rooftop at the end helped him out.

Quote:
Maybe the fire battle was in an area without adequate sprinkler coverage or Innocens was not in the area long enough to heat the sprinkler to operation levels. The sprinkler itself has to be heated to a specific temperature (165 F) for it to work apparently. I think that Toma manually tripped the sprinklers.
Magic. In the manga the guy is confused when the sprinklers go off, saying that he had done precise calculations or something to prevent the alarms from being triggered. Touma had to manually trip them, or they never would have gone off.
Old 2008-10-12, 18:19   Link #311
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Not knowing the light novels or manga (as in 99 percent of all cases) the second episode took me a bit by surprise. For better or worse, the second eps of Torardora, Hyakko, Casshern, Tales of the Abyss, and Kemeko DX all basically delivered more of the same. But this felt like Ah My Goddess suddenly turning Bleach. I didn't expect the conflict indicated in episode 1 to be played out in more than a comedic fashion. Certainly I didn't expect an nearly an episode long shounen-fighting duel.

Now I just have to make my mind up if this is a good or bad thing.
Old 2008-10-12, 18:23   Link #312
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Also, Firestarter's tendency to incinerate first and ask questions later is really bad manners. Yeah, you might be right about that "overdid it" part. Well, not that sword chick is much better.
Old 2008-10-12, 18:25   Link #313
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Not knowing the light novels or manga (as in 99 percent of all cases) the second episode took me a bit by surprise. For better or worse, the second eps of Torardora, Hyakko, Casshern, Tales of the Abyss, and Kemeko DX all basically delivered more of the same. But this felt like Ah My Goddess suddenly turning Bleach. I didn't expect the conflict indicated in episode 1 to be played out in more than a comedic fashion. Certainly I didn't expect an nearly an episode long shounen-fighting duel.

Not sure where you got the impression it'd be a comedic conflict considering the end of the first episode (Index lying on the ground covered in blood?), but I agree about the unexpected emphasize on the fight itself. The end of the episode kind of annoyed me in the "what, we spent an entire episode on that?!" kind of way, but I'm still interested in the series overall.
Old 2008-10-12, 18:32   Link #314
Mentar
Banned

The battle itself didn't take all THAT long - it was rather the talk surrounding it. The background of the Index world is relatively complex, so there's alot of explanations to give. In episode 1, that was hidden well under alot of humor, but there was no such thing possible here.

What I found more enjoyable: The production values of ep2 were still awesome - and next ep will be even harder to animate. I hope they can maintain this quality level somehow.
Old 2008-10-12, 18:54   Link #315
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Not sure where you got the impression it'd be a comedic conflict considering the end of the first episode (Index lying on the ground covered in blood?),
You're right that the end of the first episode already gave strong hints although you'll never know how it's played out. There are examples within the "sudden girlfriend appearance" genre as the anidb likes to call it where one partner nearly or even actually dies and has to be revived which then leads to forming the "special bond" and these anime are still 100 percent comedy. The last scene of ep one also didn't leave that much impact in my brain; it probably was already numbed from sieving through too much new anime.

And all that talk, well, talk and internal monologues are an integral part shounen fighting scenes.
Old 2008-10-12, 18:56   Link #316
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

At least the fight was over in 1 episode. How long does a fight last in Bleach? 4 episodes? One Piece? Trust me, a 1 episode fight would be a miracle.
Old 2008-10-12, 19:09   Link #317
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Yeah, at least for the time being, Touma is the opposite of a power-level fight.
Old 2008-10-12, 19:35   Link #318
orion

But he did seem to be leveling up during the fight. A fall from that height should have killed him.
Old 2008-10-12, 19:52   Link #319
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
But he did seem to be leveling up during the fight. A fall from that height should have killed him.
Ah, well... that's anime physics, not his power, so it doesn't count.
Old 2008-10-12, 21:13   Link #320
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Ah, well... that's anime physics, not his power, so it doesn't count.
I guess he was "lucky" he didn't break his leg falling from that height.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen