AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-10-07, 01:50   Link #41
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

At least she doesn't pick her heroes from the Vietnamese. "Nguyen, Nguyen, Nguyen..."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-07, 02:29   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I'm green when it comes to explain this kind of puns, but from what I understand is that the joke is emphasized on Japaneses' names sounding alike and the same which drives an outsider (i.e. Rista) to point it out of frustration. Risa remarking the utter monotony of the names she comes across in her list as repetitive is the punchline response as how the audience will react to something that doesn't stands out of the collective. Long story short, she's expressing our feelings at how all those hero candidate applications look flat and uncool sharing similar sounding names before she randomly happens to come across Seiya's application.
It's too bad she didn't pick this Seiya. If she did, she could've one-shot the demon lord and sent him back to hell pronto .

But it also could've been worse. She could've picked this Seiya and wouldn't know what to do with him .
Old 2019-10-07, 10:31   Link #43
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, why are there more Japanese dudes named "Yamada" than "Seiya"?
Yamada, Tanaka, Suzuki etc. are like Smith, Brown, Jones and so on in English, very common names in Japan. Seiya is the MC's first name, his family name 竜宮院 ("Ryuuguuin") is uncommon and possibly unique with lots of strong meanings -- Ryuuguu means "Dragon King's Palace" and the character used for the "in" suffix has historical Imperial connotations.

Last edited by nojay; 2019-10-07 at 14:16.
nojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-07, 12:27   Link #44
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I like this heroes style. His way of buying armor is exactly how I would have done it.
The Belly free plate though: Nope, that was the goddess choosing for him.
it also defeats the point of plate armor if a bunch of vital organs aren't protected.

How the hell this girl could ever safe 5 worlds is beyond me.

Also another reason to add why she should choose Japanese for her Isekai adventures:
Not all cultures believe in more than 1 god. (Some aren't even supposed to do so) i.E she'd just get lots of people doubting her the entire time :P

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-07, 16:42   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I like this heroes style. His way of buying armor is exactly how I would have done it.
How good an idea that is depends on your funds, and on whether you get some kind of magical storage. Because without that, lugging around two extra sets of armor will slow you down, maybe fatally.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-08, 08:23   Link #46
Sixth
Hu Tao

I have been listening to this OP over and over until now.

Is there any anime OP in this season that is as good as this OP theme, Tit for tat?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-08, 23:47   Link #47
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Another little homage I spotted -- Seiyu's arrival in the Summoning Circle mirrored the arrival of the time-travelling Terminator in the first Schwarzenegger movie, down to the little electrical sparks.
I noticed that too. The 2nd homage I noticed was when Ristarte opened a portal a few minutes later. The circular motion of her arm in conjunction with the circular sparks generated around the portal felt like a direct reference to Doctor Strange from the marvel movies.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 12:07   Link #48
Hakai

Last time I laughed this much watching anime was probably from Konosuba.

"No looking, you hentai goddess" that part especially killed me.

Motherfucker was actually stronger than Chaos Machina, but he still went back to train
The moment she started talking about having something up her sleeve, oh you sweet summer child...you didn't know what you were up against.

Goddess still thirsty. Hero still a savage, I like their interactions.
It was nice to see they both are serious about saving the world/innocent people despite everything.
Good thing is she won't be completely useless, she can use her godly healing powers on the people Seiya ends up damaging accidentally
Old 2019-10-09, 12:24   Link #49
Sixth
Hu Tao

This guy is actually abusing Hyperbolic Time Chamber to the max. Pretty smart, I would say.

Also, oye! oye! oye! oye! oye! oye! oye! oye!

What a catchy opening.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 12:40   Link #50
arkhangelsk

Hmm, Episode 2 is pretty weak despite the visual gags.

When you got down to it, what happened was that the author chose the least interesting and mentally challenging solution of just adding power to the protagonist, the foundation of which had not been established and so just looked like an butt-pull solution trying and failing to hide under the ostensibly "Cautious" personality.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 12:44   Link #51
Hakai

Also this part

The VA is doing an excellent job in conveying the sheer bafflement and frustration of the poor goddess
Old 2019-10-09, 12:50   Link #52
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'd say it felt not so much as a cop-out as an obvious choice. Given he character's caution, what else WOULD he have done but pull back out of danger and immediately build his power as much as he could as long as he could? Complaining that this character did that is like complaining that a Leeroy Jenkins type character jumped into the fray without a plan. Better to save the creativity for times when there's actually a question as to what the character might do.

That said, I must admit he sort of reminded me of myself to an extent. When I play games, especially strategy games but also RPGs to a lesser extent, I always try to build myself up to curb-stomp levels. I'd rather not rely on luck or reflexes when I can just make my characters/armies completely unstoppable.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 12:55   Link #53
Tenzen12

Mc of story with tittle saying "hero is TUEEEE" turning to be actually TUEEE... What a twist! Normally one would expect TUEEE character struggle more instead being well TUEEE, right?
Old 2019-10-09, 13:00   Link #54
Botan_TM

So MC burned village in order to save it... from some potential risk.
I also like that Goodness is not just dumb, but simply a bit impulsive and choleric, when MC is a incarnation of stoicism.

Last edited by Botan_TM; 2019-10-09 at 14:04.
Botan_TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 13:57   Link #55
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'd say it felt not so much as a cop-out as an obvious choice. Given he character's caution, what else WOULD he have done but pull back out of danger and immediately build his power as much as he could as long as he could? Complaining that this character did that is like complaining that a Leeroy Jenkins type character jumped into the fray without a plan. Better to save the creativity for times when there's actually a question as to what the character might do.

That said, I must admit he sort of reminded me of myself to an extent. When I play games, especially strategy games but also RPGs to a lesser extent, I always try to build myself up to curb-stomp levels. I'd rather not rely on luck or reflexes when I can just make my characters/armies completely unstoppable.
the thing here is which seiya already was stronger than the enemy from the beginner that "other training" was him just being ridiculous cautions, he already was enough strong to beat her at the worst case with some small wounds and bruises here and there, which could be easy healed by the goddess, then the thing is which the mc as his "pun phrase" "perfect ready" the mc don't accept anything less than the "perfect victory" with him one shot the enemy and taking 0 damage to even his "cloths", it's not about just being "overpower is just wanting perfection that what make him full crazy and a very good "dragon ball character" since he is a "traninig maniac" and whenever he goes to battle he need to "train before" and if needed train more during and after the battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
So MC burned village in order to save it... from some potential risk.
I also like that Goodness is not just dumb, but simply a but impulsive and choleric, when MC is a incarnation of stoicism.

if the demon lord is really smart and really want to destroy all the human realms all he just need to do is spawn some random monsters in some pinpoints places of all human towns and lure seyia to that point then "bang" a full town destroyed in seconds , and the demon lord will destroy the mankind using his most destructive weapon "the hero" .

gambare jamie, i really hope for now you have a good life, after being tormented and burnbed by the "monst... ops i means being helped by the hero.

for sure i'm feeling this serie really have the potential to be the best isekai comedy all times even more fun than konosuba.

and for the poples calling the goddess a "aqua" clone here why she is really not like a aqua clone, despises all they crazy faces, they personality are totally opposite, while aqua is huge selfish and lazy, the godess here actually care over the poeples and want to help and save the world, her only problem is her "perv" side which she can't hold because how "cool looking the mc is.
Old 2019-10-09, 15:21   Link #56
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How good an idea that is depends on your funds, and on whether you get some kind of magical storage. Because without that, lugging around two extra sets of armor will slow you down, maybe fatally.
Not necessarily. Usually you'd have a cart to transport it around. While being WAY lighter than people believe(Actually less heavy than modern combat packs, while the weight is also better distributed), it's still not comfortable to wear after all.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 15:42   Link #57
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So the town's going to pretend that one beheading never happened?

Let the celebration begin!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 15:43   Link #58
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Another great episode. Well I understand that you have to get into the rhythm of the show to enjoy it, as opposed to first episode which was more packed, but it's pretty good nonetheless for a fight episode.
Old 2019-10-09, 17:21   Link #59
grecefar

He knows the benefits of the divine realm/hyperbolic chamber and how he get rid of the enemy, he is a dragon ball fan, specially majin buu arc.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 22:43   Link #60
Frontier

Seiya's not completely heartless. His plan was always to come in and save the village, he just wanted to be in the exact, perfect, position to do so and not rush things to where the village would be in even more danger. And even when it had no real value, he still kept the little girl's good luck charm .

Although through his destructive thoroughness he destroyed the village more then Chaos Machina did...and also totally took all that guy's money like a thief .

Poor Jamie...Just, poor Jamie .

That moment when the hero makes sure they're so overpowered that the bad guy's final form is still outclassed .

Poor Ristarte. She's caught between falling head over heels in love with Seiya to being completely repulsed and disgusted by him. It's not like Seiya treats her well anyways, acting dismissive and distrusting towards her and equating her to a medicinal herb. I don't think he's even outright said her name by this point. She's already super frustrated with him, falling for him even more is probably just going to be an even bigger exercise in frustration for her .

So...I'm guessing they're saving the actual Ending until they've finished the animation? Like with Reincarnated as a Slime ?

Tags
comedy, harem, isekai