AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2015-11-11, 10:54   Link #10661
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Yup. Definitely seems like Hayate will burst Nagi's happiness.

And I want a Hina ending myself >_>
Old 2015-11-11, 10:58   Link #10662
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

I do wonder... if we get a Nagi ending, will the fandom go completely School Rumble on us? Two weeks later and it's like the series never existed?
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 11:33   Link #10663
AstroNerdBoy

This whole arc has been so disappointing. There was no meaning to anything. Kananiwa wasn't a dryad and seemed to be mere fanservice for the now non-canon Can't Take My Eyes Off You as was Ruri. Kananiwa's motivation just vanished like puff in the wind. I really wanted a meaningful arc, where we also had the introduction of Nagi's father in a similar manner to the anime. Meh.

As to Nagi, she was set up from the start to be the one to open the path. After all, Mikado set up the condition of making Nagi cry.

As to a Nagi end, I think that's the ending that Hata-sensei wanted all along. His story has not gone that route, but I have long believed he'll do whatever it takes to force that ending.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 16:01   Link #10664
ChampDream
Alive

Yeah things look bad, the misunderstanding is real here.
I could want A-tan or Hina ending, but things to me seem is probably going to be Nagi ending.
Old 2015-11-11, 21:48   Link #10665
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Man the feels are going to be coming soon
Old 2015-11-12, 14:16   Link #10666
Shadow5YA

You know something is wrong when Hayate actually paid off most of his debt
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 06:41   Link #10667
zeross87

I'm torn between wanting to see the final and not wanting the manga to end
The story need an end, but after so many years it would feel weird not to have our weekly hayate
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 10:54   Link #10668
GDB

The final joke of the series is going to be having gone this long, making such a big deal out of Christmas/Christmas Eve, and then ending things a few months short.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 13:43   Link #10669
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
The story need an end, but after so many years it would feel weird not to have our weekly hayate
I haven't been reading it weekly for years, so I'm fine. In fact I want it to end quickly so I can marathon it from chapter 1 to date (unless Hayate ends up with someone unsuitable, in which case I will pretend the series never existed).
Old 2015-11-13, 22:53   Link #10670
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
I'm torn between wanting to see the final and not wanting the manga to end
Yeah, but it needs to end properly, not in a "let's slap some crap together and call it an end."

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2015-11-14, 19:44   Link #10671
DragonXX

I think it a good thing that Hayate pay off his debt because his Asshole parents may return now that the debt is gone and it time Hayate confront them and final things which then once and for all.

Also it bet said that all that needed to open the Palace is a Bomb of Negative emotions does that not mean just sadness it could be hate and angry too.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 19:56   Link #10672
dragon213

Anyone here who truly believes that it will be HayatexNagi in the end? PLEASE SAY NO!

I really like Hinagiku a lot, whole she's not the most developed girl in the manga she's a really likable character and she's really cute too.

Maria would also be a good choice, but as people has said before, if it's not a Nagi ending (will be really glad if it's not) then it will most likely be Athena in the end, and not that it's a bad choice either.
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 20:22   Link #10673
grecefar

I'm thinking in the cliche happy ending but without romance, it will end hayate being with nagi as his buttler forever but didn't get a girlfriend because his dutty as an excuse.

hinagiku is my favorite of all, but my ship with hayate and her sink a long time ago, I would like athena or ayumu but most likely nobody is going to win.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 00:06   Link #10674
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon213 View Post
Anyone here who truly believes that it will be HayatexNagi in the end? PLEASE SAY NO!
Considering how Hata-sensei originally set up the manga to have a Hayate x Nagi romance in it, I think he'll do whatever it takes to make that ending happen. :-( Personally, I'm like to see the Hayate x Athena ending with Nagi having grown so that while she lost her first love, she can survive on her own.

Old 2015-11-18, 11:52   Link #10675
zeross87

Damn RHS is disbanding i hope someone Will pick up hayate
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-18, 14:42   Link #10676
Ritzu07

oh boy thats really really surprise me, im expecting some HnG or any manga that they translate and all of a sudden

anyway Thank You Red Hawk Scan for translating many Manga

and i really hate reading goodbyes notes like that damn its like reading the final chapter of the manga the you used to read through the years...

Last edited by Ritzu07; 2015-11-18 at 14:54.
Ritzu07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-18, 15:33   Link #10677
AstroNerdBoy

I'm not that confident someone will pick it up. The one group that did the first chapter of Ad Astra Per Aspera already dropped it. Hayate the Combat Butler doesn't seem to have a big draw outside of Japan, unfortunately. :-(

Old 2015-11-18, 20:26   Link #10678
MCAL

Oh well there's always Viz Media's... Ah, hah, hah...
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 05:04   Link #10679
Utkarsh Ray

Reason for disbanding of RHS and likely for "another recently disbanded group"
Spoiler for URL:

But still it's sad we now have to likely wait for years for Viz. And probably they'll announce that they'll just drop the series.

Last edited by Utkarsh Ray; 2015-11-19 at 05:05. Reason: correction
Utkarsh Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 10:39   Link #10680
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Oh well there's always Viz Media's... Ah, hah, hah...
I would laugh, except the truth of that statement hurts too much.

Tags
comedy, shounen