Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-09-18, 06:31   Link #301
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Ah yea, I forgot to mention that. The whole time when he was half undressed I was waiting for Sylphy to be like OHH my pendant! You DO remember me! Yet there was no payoff.
It is weird she didn't react to the pendant, but she realized he remembered her when he told her his childhood friend told him Elves don't like to show skin.

I feel like she still went through the undressing plan when it wasn't necessary anymore because she's super horny.
Old 2023-09-18, 08:11   Link #302
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It is weird she didn't react to the pendant, but she realized he remembered her when he told her his childhood friend told him Elves don't like to show skin.

I feel like she still went through the undressing plan when it wasn't necessary anymore because she's super horny.
I think that might be related more with her childhood. Already when talking with the others about her times with Rudeus, she mentions that she already talked with him once about how many children should they have. I mean toddlers who get romantic tend to have this marriage talks so casually like that (then again Rudeus' mind...)
Old 2023-09-18, 14:35   Link #303
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I don't see all that much wrong with the scenario. Sylphie is a romantic coward. She can handle combat and magic with ease, but her relationship with Rudy makes her feel vulnerable and leads to panic and second-guessing. Even when she sees him wearing the pendant and talking about having been told about elves, she's not certain that he clearly remembers who gave him the pendant and told him these things. It's been more than ten years after all. Not to mention whether he'd accept that this cross-dressing ace with white hair is the same person as the little coward that couldn't stand up for herself against anyone without him at her side.

Cowardice is a very real thing, and it's not always even throughout. You can be brave, even brazen in some things and prone to panic and second-guess everything in others. She's confident in a lot of things, but can't put her most vulnerable parts out there without hearing Rudy say her name. Personally, I'll buy it.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-19, 11:48   Link #304
EroKing

NSFW
Episode 12
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 08:44.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-19, 11:56   Link #305
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Episode 12
The king has been summoned!
Old 2023-09-23, 01:44   Link #306
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
From their parents' perspective? Yes.

They were not aware of the bigger machinations that Rudeus was up to. They just saw their son and their daughter respectively getting a bit insular and clingy with each other and showing very little interest in making any other friends. In particular a son who was extremely skilled at magic, but they really had to prod to get to leave the property's boundaries. From their perspective, Paul and Zenith saw their son stunting his own emotional growth again.
The thing is it was just what you described, their son and their daughter respectively getting a bit insular and clingy with each other and showing very little interest in making any other friends. Beyond that stray thought there was nothing behind it. All Rudy did was teach her magic and a bit of swordsmanship. The problem was Sylphie was heavily influenced by the stories her parents read her and saw Rudy as her prince and had decided she was going to marry him before he even knew she was female.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 03:00   Link #307
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The thing is it was just what you described, their son and their daughter respectively getting a bit insular and clingy with each other and showing very little interest in making any other friends. Beyond that stray thought there was nothing behind it. All Rudy did was teach her magic and a bit of swordsmanship. The problem was Sylphie was heavily influenced by the stories her parents read her and saw Rudy as her prince and had decided she was going to marry him before he even knew she was female.
That talk again. The talk about Paul knowing Rudy will become another Paul and not faithful to Sylphie. Since Sylphie is too dependent to Rudy, her broken heart can cause her harm.

The more straightforward answer is Paul doesn't have money to send Rudy to the magic school. So, Paul asks his cousin and his uncle some favor. If Rudy works at the place, they can afford his tuition. By the time the magic school offers Rudy free enrollment, Rudy already has the ability of a graduate student.
Images
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-24, 10:33   Link #308
scififan

The black screen definitely means something happened. Rudy wakes up and find a blood stain on the bed sheet. Rudy is overjoyed, and he decides to thank the princess by supporting her political struggle to the throne.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-24, 11:00   Link #309
Frontier

How could Rudy not have realized Sylphie was Fitz? Well, she did mature a lot since then, but she's still undeniably cute, and Rudy can't do anything but also confess his love to Sylphie too! They even share their first kiss! Successful childhood friend romance !!!

I see the two of them also mutually read into the vibe and begin getting ready to get busy...except Rudy's little partner STILL won't come out when he needs him the most. Well, at least he comes clean to Sylphie and she doesn't judge him for it. Perfect girlfriend material .

And they just sit, reminisce, and just enjoy each others' company. What I wouldn't give to watch Sylphie attack Paul as a kid. Though how far she's come to be able to stand by Rudy's side is quite sweet as well. And Rudy is wasting no time licking his elf girlfriends' ear .

I love how Ariel was convinced there was no way the stripping plan would work only for Sylphie to tell her and Luke just how well it worked...and about Rudy's ED. Ariel is disappointed Rudy couldn't perform but then Luke turns into a total bro understanding Rudy's circumstances and giving Ariel the male perspective. She was not prepared for that .

Ariel teaching Sylphie seduction techniques! It's too bad Sylphie doesn't quite have the feminine charms to pull it off, otherwise Luke would probably be into her too (the Greyrat's do love 'em busty after all), but give Sylphie a break dude! Although Luke just bringing in an aphrodisiac to solve Rudeus' impotency problems is just absolutely perfect .

Got a good mood going on Rudy's room! Drinks, nolstalgia for the past, some princess-approved new underwear...and then when the aphrodisiac finally comes into play, one thing naturally leads to another. Or it would if they didn't cut to black so you'd have to watch the blu-rays to see the actual sex scene .

But still! Rudy finally had sex! And while he's almost terrified that a girl he loves has left him yet again, Sylphie actually came back! He really has a lover now who won't leave him! And he's so overcome with emotion that he embraces her, both with his arms and his dick !

Rudy owes a lot to Ariel and Luke, and as his beloved's patrons, he can do no less than give them his loyalty, but first...he's ready to put a ring on it and marry Sylphie! And now it's time for the man "Silent Fitz" to end so that the woman Sylphie Greyrat can be herself with the man she loves! And Luke and Ariel couldn't be more happy for her. She and Rudy look so cute together, especially with the end card of them as kids .
Old 2023-09-24, 12:26   Link #310
grecefar

luke was the mvp of the chapter, jumping to defend rudy when the princess was talking shit without knowing what rudy has been through and giving sylphie the aphrodisiac that was an emergency fund, he was such a bro at the end.

the cure was more simple than I thought, he needed to love again and that the girl doesn't leave him. When he woke up there was already some trauma there coming back, thank you sylphie.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-24, 12:55   Link #311
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The black screen definitely means something happened.
I fully expect that scene to be expanded in the BD, even if only visually with just rain as a sound backdrop.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-24, 13:27   Link #312
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
luke was the mvp of the chapter, jumping to defend rudy when the princess was talking shit without knowing what rudy has been through and giving sylphie the aphrodisiac that was an emergency fund, he was such a bro at the end.

the cure was more simple than I thought, he needed to love again and that the girl doesn't leave him. When he woke up there was already some trauma there coming back, thank you sylphie.
Well, it was a psychological issue after all. Rudy knew it, the prostitute was able to diagnose it as such, and it's pretty clear that such things are known in this world (which makes sense considering how casual the world is about sex). As was stated by the prostitute, the issue was his fear of rejection, fear of being abandoned and hated and looked upon with contempt as unworthy as he believes happened before. Sylphie's very presence helped him because he knew her well enough to let his guard down. Her continued acceptance even after he failed probably helped even further. And honestly, I don't think the aphrodisiac is what cured him. All that did was force him up for long enough to do the deed. What saved him was Sylphie staying there at his side, continuing to gaze at him with the same look of trust, admiration and love. That's what he'd needed, what Sara had been too proud to give him.

Makes me wonder however if he actually told Sylphiette about Eris. I mean, I imagine she might have suspicions; it'd been about ten years and it could be hard to buy that he'd suffered ED without some sort of trigger. Still, hearing that he'd fallen in love with a girl and given her his first might have come as a bit of a shock to her all the same.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-24, 13:50   Link #313
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Still, hearing that he'd fallen in love with a girl and given her his first might have come as a bit of a shock to her all the same.
She already knew he wasn't a virgin ever since they went to the slave market.
Old 2023-09-24, 14:08   Link #314
magnuskn

Dang, that made me more happy than I expected.

The first part of season two gets a 8/10 from me, solid storytelling, but the Academy arc is just a bit too long... as necessary as it is for the rest of the entire story.

I'm very much looking forward to S2 part two and I hope it comes rather sooner than later.
Old 2023-09-24, 14:28   Link #315
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I'm very much looking forward to S2 part two and I hope it comes rather sooner than later.
Google search shows April 2024, so not too bad.
Old 2023-09-24, 16:47   Link #316
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I fully expect that scene to be expanded in the BD, even if only visually with just rain as a sound backdrop.
Best way to sell BD's: the promise of on-screen sex .
Old 2023-09-24, 17:57   Link #317
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sylphie was confused when Rudeus didn't recognize her? Even though she was a kid the last time he saw her, her hair color completely changed, she changed her name, and she was posing as a man?

... is she fucking stupid? Because of her this arc dragged out way longer than it had any right to. If she wasn't so cute and kind I'd probably hate her for it.

6/10 for this season, and I'm being generous. The animation suffered a massive downgrade compared to S1 and the storyline sucked. I really hope the worst is behind us now.
Old 2023-09-24, 21:58   Link #318
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sylphie was confused when Rudeus didn't recognize her? Even though she was a kid the last time he saw her, her hair color completely changed, she changed her name, and she was posing as a man?

... is she fucking stupid? Because of her this arc dragged out way longer than it had any right to. If she wasn't so cute and kind I'd probably hate her for it.

6/10 for this season, and I'm being generous. The animation suffered a massive downgrade compared to S1 and the storyline sucked. I really hope the worst is behind us now.
I mean, physically she didn't look that different and people have been saying Ai Kayano's voice is just that distinctive so .
Old 2023-09-25, 03:46   Link #319
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Kinda surprised he said he'd marry Sylphie; all this time, I was expecting Roxy to be the first of his beloveds, given how much Rudy revered her and how much she wanted to find him after the MTI. Particularly in the first season though, and def at the beg of the 2nd season after the Eris-hair burning; once Sylphie came into the picture after the 2nd seasons initial arc, I figured where it was going with it. I still think both Roxy and even Eris are on the table, even if Sylphie is #1. I think the current Rudy is Roxy's ideal man at the moment, and there have already been tons of setup for it already that, even if they don't get together or anything, Roxy'll still let Rudy be her first. And also I say I'd like to see it, I half-do/half-don't want a harem-y situation. Very mixed feelings here .

Like magnuskn, I felt the school arc was dragged out too long, albeit not unnecessarily, as important as the arc might have been. In retrospect, the first season also didn't have a lot of battles, and was at its best during the 2nd cour, imo. Hopefully, with this ED problem fixed, we can move on to the next big arc, whatever that might be.

I wonder.... during the sex scene... did Rudy 'go wild', or was he more controlled? Kinda wondered how Sylphie felt during the actual intercourse, since she also drunk the drug. Guess I'll just have to use what info the show gave us and imagine that they both went hog wild, but I'd rather it just show me(not necessarily through explicit visuals) so I'd know for sure.

I'd give the overall 1st cour a nice 7/10. It had its moments... however, it just that there felt like there was a stagnation of the story, possibly because they were just in one place for so long doing what felt like slice-of-life living as opposed to an actual goal. Also, the Rudy vs Badi "fight" should have been extremely flashy, esp given its nature(just Rudy using 1 attack); very disappointed in the visuals for that; should have been vs. Orsted level(yeah, still salty about that =01)

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-25, 06:31   Link #320
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Gotta say, the scene where Rudeus starts crying with Sylphie following the sex might be the most emotional one. He didn't say a single word but there was a lot of obvious commentary there. He was relieved that Sylphie didn't abandon him like what happened with Eris in season 1 which might be another form of surpassing his depression. It's surprising how deep can this series be sometimes despite the sex jokes.

Tags
fantasy, isekai