AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2019-01-21, 01:33   Link #21
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The zombies are quite durable yes, it took several shots from a handgun to put one down. Even then, unless you completely destroy their heads they have a good likelihood of catching you off guard by suddenly coming back up later. It's easier to simply kneecap the zombies to cripple their mobility.

30 minutes was way too short for the demo, spent most of the time trying to figure out the solutions to the second floor puzzle as it ended.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-25, 10:40   Link #22
Jaden

Got an RE2 code by purchasing a Radeon. 7 hour marathon and I finished the Leon A scenario.

I measured my blood pressure afterwards, and all kinds of red lights went off.

Great remake, the RE7 engine is doing wonders to it.
Old 2019-01-25, 21:05   Link #23
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

One thing I can say about this game, as someone who loves to take his time exploring:

Fuck Tyrant.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2019-01-26, 04:07   Link #24
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Finished Leon A today as my first run. 6 hours. Standard mode.

That was 30 minutes ago. My hands are still shaking...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-26, 10:47   Link #25
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Playing on Hardcore New Game, and jeez this game is pretty unforgiving, 1 bite = Danger status.
Autosaves arent a thing either, so you have to think about when and where to save.

But so far Im having fun!
Old 2019-01-26, 11:54   Link #26
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Finished Leon and Claire A scenarios Normal Mode today.

I think I'll take a break before I go do the B scenarios, preferably after I get some KH3 in my system to flush out the goddamned stress of this game before I get an a heart condition...
Old 2019-01-27, 07:19   Link #27
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So tried out 4th Survivor Mode.... and if it tells me something, it's that I can't dodge zombies to literally save my life

Old 2019-01-27, 23:57   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Resident "I really hope that's just a zombie" Evil 2
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-03, 06:20   Link #29
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://www.siliconera.com/2019/03/0...ret-recording/

This one's interesting since the details on the game via BTS reveal-like article after Yoshiaki Hirabayashi (Producer) went on record that the discussion was secretly taped.

----

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/03/0...hable-anytime/

The topics here were randomly chosen on more details with the game.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-30, 12:43   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was on sale for Halloween so I finally got around to playing it. Got RE3 to.

It was a great remake, but it feels like it could have been much more. They actually didn't make very big changes gameplay wise. Switched to a shoulder camera which means you can now actually aim and that's about it. The gameplay felt pretty stiff, avoiding enemy attacks (especially lickers) is super awkward, and you can never sprint despite being chased by a scary big guy who can end you in two blows. Running at a light jog pace the entire game was super weird.

Another big missed opportunity is not making Leon and Claire's campaigns fit together. There are still plenty of inconsistencies. IMO it would have been better to keep the original campaign for Leon and have Claire go through a mostly different one. As in, having her explore another building than the police station but still end up in the NEST in the end.

I still ended up having a lot of fun when I wasn't shitting myself, but it's a bit of shame they didn't make bolder choices. Oh, and I didn't remember RE2 being this hard. Zombies just wouldn't die. So far RE3 is story mode compared to this.
Old 2022-11-01, 00:09   Link #31
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, RE2 remake doesn't really want you killing the enemies, and you definitely can't on nightmare difficulty. There are good and bad places for planks, also some enemies you can outright avoid instead of fighting, otherwise you just get a headshot for a quick flinch before you run past, or two on the legs for a certain escape. As long as you know your route, it's much easier to plan ahead and save up enough ammo for all the bosses and stuff.

I need to start RE3, I'd bought it last year and didn't get a chance to play it for this halloween...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-03, 18:04   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I need to start RE3, I'd bought it last year and didn't get a chance to play it for this halloween...
You should give it a try, it's only 5 or so hours long. I know people weren't too pleased with it but I thought it was a very fun action game. It looks gorgeous too, I thought it actually quite an improvement over RE2 visually.
Old 2022-11-13, 13:36   Link #33
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I finished it. Started out not too hot, but I ended up liking it a lot. Hospital was super scary, the game's very fun to play once you figure it out and the replays are probably the most fun I've had in a LONG time. It makes the challenges actually feasible without being too hardcore, I'll definitely do no healing, no item box and all difficulties. Minimum score: 6.5/10.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-22, 19:18   Link #34
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Having never played the original, the remake was my first experience with 2. Gotta say the visuals kinda made Leon's face model look more shocked when compared to the 3D from the PSONE version. Probably the weirdest thing for me is Leon and Ada's relationship. I mean, for some reason Capcom wants them to use them together (even in Damnation and a crossover game) but it's definitely not a healthy relationship.
Old 2022-11-23, 04:13   Link #35
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Having never played the original, the remake was my first experience with 2. Gotta say the visuals kinda made Leon's face model look more shocked when compared to the 3D from the PSONE version. Probably the weirdest thing for me is Leon and Ada's relationship. I mean, for some reason Capcom wants them to use them together (even in Damnation and a crossover game) but it's definitely not a healthy relationship.
It has honestly never been a healthy one, ever. At all.