AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-24, 18:24   Link #701
justavisitor

I just want 5 chapters re-write after the Nishino re-confession

1.Reject Nishino
2.Confront Aya about that mysterious guy (her brother)
3.Confess to each other
4.Accept best wishes from their friends (Nishino, Yui, Sat?? (sp), etc)
5.5 years later

ta-da...that's it and the story (for aya fans) will be completed
that fan-made Aya ending (there is one, ppl) is similar to what I suggested in the above, but I just want it to be official

I can dream can I??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-02-24, 18:46   Link #702
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I just want 5 chapters re-write after the Nishino re-confession

1.Reject Nishino
2.Confront Aya about that mysterious guy (her brother)
3.Confess to each other
4.Accept best wishes from their friends (Nishino, Yui, Sat?? (sp), etc)
5.5 years later

ta-da...that's it and the story (for aya fans) will be completed
that fan-made Aya ending (there is one, ppl) is similar to what I suggested in the above, but I just want it to be official

I can dream can I??
I can't see how it could happen with the plot continuity at the point where the manga ended unless she stretched the story out by another few months (and volumes of manga) to add more aya+manaka development... another volume or 2, and there probably would've been enough development to make such an ending plausible.

It just takes more than a fated encounter and a common dream to make a lasting relationship if both people are that dense. She had 17 volumes to develop that relationship beyond where they were at at the end of volume 1, and yet they hardly moved.

The mangaka probably could have done it if she didn't waste all those chapters on that 4th girl and devoted all those purely to Aya development....

It's sad too, because they deserved each other (and I'm not saying this in a good way: weak-willed girl + guy who depends only on everyone else) Satsuki and Nishino could've done better
Old 2009-02-24, 20:18   Link #703
kakakka

Quote:
It just takes more than a fated encounter and a common dream to make a lasting relationship if both people are that dense. She had 17 volumes to develop that relationship beyond where they were at at the end of volume 1, and yet they hardly moved.

The mangaka probably could have done it if she didn't waste all those chapters on that 4th girl and devoted all those purely to Aya development....
She was aiming for a harem plot And to make it all sense, almost all the girls Manaka got involved with have stawberry panties...(except that cram student, I think)
Quote:
It's sad too, because they deserved each other (and I'm not saying this in a good way: weak-willed girl + guy who depends only on everyone else)
Well, I felt that Manaka was static thoughout the series. If he tried to improve during the story, I think Aya would too.
Old 2009-02-25, 11:15   Link #704
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post

hm...i think junpei and aya's relationship are developed well throughout the 17 volumes,
thats why until volume 18, many ppl still believed that junpei would choose aya in the end. and then unexpectedly, the mangaka suddenly turned the table and matched junpei with tsukasa. thats why some ppl couldn't agree with that sudden decision. and of course all tsukasa supporters would say it was a good choice because until volume 18, most of them still believed that junpei would choose aya in the end, and unexpectedly their dream for tsukasa ending come true~

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
It's sad too, because they deserved each other (and I'm not saying this in a good way: weak-willed girl + guy who depends only on everyone else) Satsuki and Nishino could've done better
well, thats the point...when we read one piece, the stronger the enemy, the more we want Luffy to win the battle.
it always interesting to see how our hero can beat an enemy that far stronger than himself.

so it would be interesting to see a girl like aya (who used to be un ugly duckling), to win her love from a strong rival like tsukasa.

btw, who do u mean a weak willed girl? if u mean aya, i think, she is not a weak-willed girl.
she maybe a weak girl on the outside, but she is a strong-willed girl on the inside. she already confessed her feeling. and even implicit, she always shows her feeling to junpei throughout the whole manga, but junpei was just too insensitive. thats why misuzu scolded him.
and she almost throw away her own dream just to be close with junpei, unlike tsukasa who already broke up with him 2 times to chase her dream.

Last edited by MINAMI KOTARO; 2009-02-25 at 12:41.
Old 2009-02-25, 11:47   Link #705
justavisitor

The more discussions I get involved, the more I hate that pathetic male lead

If my memory serves me right, after Aya confessed to him (behind the door), the male lead murmurs to himself something like had Aya confessed to him earlier he would have chosen Aya...

I was like #$@#$@$ when I read that part...it's like "I am a sacred good, ppl have to come and grab me"...I would be glad to punch the male lead if anyone makes 1:1 size paper doll of him XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-02-25, 13:27   Link #706
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
The more discussions I get involved, the more I hate that pathetic male lead

If my memory serves me right, after Aya confessed to him (behind the door), the male lead murmurs to himself something like had Aya confessed to him earlier he would have chosen Aya...

I was like #$@#$@$ when I read that part...it's like "I am a sacred good, ppl have to come and grab me"...I would be glad to punch the male lead if anyone makes 1:1 size paper doll of him XD
Well, I think he said, if it were still summer (i.e. several months earlier), he would have picked Aya. That's very consistent with the overall ending, since at that earlier point in time, he really did have a more developed relationship with Aya (arguably). Still, in the intervening time period, there were few, if any developments in their relationship, whereas his relationship with Nishino did progress substantially.

Anyway, I see Aya and Manaka as the same, and it's not just because of their shared dream. They're both weak-willed - on the inside and on the outside. Through the entire story, Manaka's so-called "dream" was nothing more than relying on the stories of Aya and the rest of the club - whereas his own contribution of putting it all together, although significant at first, diminished significantly in that he never made any effort to move beyond that. He came to painfully realize this at the end when he had to do a project by himself and failed miserably, but even then, I see his new "resolution" as rather ineffective.

Aya, too, is like that. It's not just the whole ugly duckling thing - because as mentioned, for the majority of the story, and due in large part because of the residual "fate" from volume 1, Aya was expected to win. If anything, Nishino and Satsuki were initially seen to be plot devices to further their relationship. However, what's telling is that, whereas those 2 minor plot devices developed and improved significantly and on their own will, Aya almost didn't change from the end of Volume 1, where she gains a sort of self-confidence from Manaka, to the beginning of Volume 16.

Even her so called "confession" was a reaction forced upon her out of desperation and circumstance - not something she managed to achieve out of strength of character. Nishino's confession was the culmination of her realization of her growing feelings and a refusal to accept the status quo of how things were. Satsuki's confession early on was similar and more natural. Aya simply allowed herself to be moved by everyone else around her--and this never changed until the very end of the manga.

Of course, at the very end, this changed slightly (although for Manaka, it was sort of unrealistic, whereas Aya really did seem to mature a bit).

A final note on Nishino:
Yes, I've become a Nishino fan, but it is because, as someone very early in this thread said, she did EVERYTHING right. She gave Manaka space when he needed it. She was there when he needed support. She played him perfectly (although not intentionally) - keeping him on the hook with just the right amount of temptation and space, both physically and emotionally--something both of the other girls failed to do.

This is also why I see her and Satsuki (to a lesser extent) as the "ugly duckling". It's a given in most stories that the "fated" girl *always* wins, and people who actually take their fate into their own hands and work hard to do everything right get the short end of the stick. As I've mentioned before, there's this sort of culture of anti-responsibility in harem anime. Ichigo 100% is one of the few major works that blatantly goes against this stereotype and makes the point that while waiting for fate may be enough to meet the person, everything after that requires skill, effort, and luck.

Obviously, this doesn't apply in the case of Manaka, who has no skill, made very little effort, and had a lot of luck and still "won" in the end. Then again, from my point of view, other than in the relationship department, he failed rather miserably in his dream. (i.e. a full time construction worker with nothing to show except a minor film award after 3 years of work, with no more than a HS education? This surely wasn't what he *dreamed* of).

Last edited by taelrak; 2009-02-25 at 13:39.
Old 2009-02-25, 13:33   Link #707
Fran~
floating away...

Well... that's why i told you before that not everything goes smoothly in life...
Junpei made his mind and you need to try to accept that. Maybe he is right or wrong, but he took a decision, again, right or wrong is up to you, but he choose the girl who was always there, the girl who took the risks. Aya hesitated, Nishino didn't...

Love is a battlefield.
Old 2009-02-25, 13:41   Link #708
Fran~
floating away...

i think that is not about to make Nishino's fans nor Toujo fans more or less happy.

It's about the history of Manaka Junpei... it's a shounen after all.
Old 2009-02-25, 13:44   Link #709
kakakka

If we put this in a "Girls-fighting-for-their-love" point of view, this manga is very good.
However, if we put this in Manaka's point of view, its ugly.

Anyway, for some reason, I felt that the mangaka tried to express her ideas about first point by making HL, but for some reason I felt that the manga is all over the place.
Old 2009-02-25, 14:02   Link #710
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

@Fran~
well...how many times i have to tell u...
yes indeed, not everything goes soothly in life
but 'not smoothly' ain't the same as 'impossible'
and u said that tsukasa is the girl who always there for him...
ehem..what about satsuki then?
besides i don't think aya hesitated and tsukasa didn't
tsukasa broke him 2 times to chase her dream.

@taelrak
so...u still think aya is weak-willed girl...
shy ain't the same as weak-willed
i just didn't find any interesting point by the ending...
just like i said before, it always interesting to see someone who used the be a loser to win against the one who far stronger than him/her...
well, tsukasa is a popular girl from the start...just like amachi and ookusa
so, for me, its not interesting to see the outcome...
thats just my personal opinion...
ah, its pointless to argue...i guess...
because, just like u said, u're tsukasa-fans...so no matter how everyone said, u'll still think tsukasa is the best choice
and no matter how u try to convince me with that so called 'confession' of tsukasa.
i'll always say the opposite. so its pointless to argue.

Last edited by MINAMI KOTARO; 2009-02-25 at 14:21.
Old 2009-02-25, 14:15   Link #711
taelrak

Sure Nishino was popular at the beginning, but for the majority of the story, she was at a disadvantage in getting to Manaka - different schools, diverging dreams, he already had a girl he might have liked, etc. Also, by the time HS started, Aya was wildly popular for her looks (she removed the glasses) as well, and it's not like any guy would have refused a date with her. Amachi was crazy about her too.

I have nothing against being shy. I actually think it's a nice trait to have for a lot of people. However, at the end of the day when Manaka refuses her, who does she have to blame except herself for not overcoming that shyness when it mattered? It's as if she really didn't even try.

I also do feel that she's weak-willed in every sense of the word. Shy is when she's reluctant to express herself, but weak-willed is when in refusing to express herself, she allows her own goals and will to be moved by others. I was really very happy for her when she of her own volition joined the literary club instead of waiting for Manaka. But after that, I can't really point to any specific instance where she took a stand on her own wishes. Part of the reason I found Nishino so admirable is that she had the courage to go to a different school, choose her own career, and follow it to the end (with some encouragement).

I also think, the key of the manga is to win someone's "heart". Although Manaka was infatuated with Aya for much of the manga, they had really very few touching moments where Manaka would go out of his way to do something substantial for her. They had the shared dream, which was nice, but they didn't take that very much further. They had many "accidental" run-ins where they ended up in various embarrassing and provocative positions together, but although those are cute and nice, they don't really provide any real substance to a relationship. If those were all that it took, then Satsuki would have nailed him in the 2nd week.

At any rate, poor Satsuki. She tried so hard and received nothing in the end. She doesn't even get anyone taking her side in forum discussions...it's as if she's been forgotten and marginalized!

To paraphrase another character that I feel deserves better from another show:
Some people will make you feel blissfully dazed (Aya), some people will cling to you (Satsuki), and others will walk the same path as you, but keep one step ahead (Nishino, and I'm not referring to career paths).

How can anyone like Nishino and not like Ami!?
Old 2009-02-25, 14:16   Link #712
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINAMI KOTARO View Post
besides i don't think aya hesitated and tsukasa didn't
tsukasa broke him 2 times to chase her dream.
Then why Junpei always went back to Nishino?

When Aya had some chances she didn't take it, Nishino just took every single opportunity... Junpei went to her house, BAM! (you know what i mean ). Yes, she might look like a whore, but, she loved Junpei and she doesn't show any shame to get his heart.

The scene at the school when she brought some sandwiches and then kissed, show you how she put all in the line for Junpei... that kind of things are like a brick, Nishino took every one of those bricks and build a castle with them... Aya didn't.

It's sad... Aya was a princess, Junpei could be the perfect match...

But not everything goes smoothly in life... you know?
Old 2009-02-25, 14:28   Link #713
kakakka

Quote:
At any rate, poor Satsuki. She tried so hard and received nothing in the end. She doesn't even get anyone taking her side in forum discussions...it's as if she's been forgotten and marginalized!
I'm looking at the past discussions, and its not totally true. Its just that Nishino seems what is more "deserving" of having Manaka.

Quote:
I also think, the key of the manga is to win someone's "heart". Although Manaka was infatuated with Aya for much of the manga, they had really very few touching moments where Manaka would go out of his way to do something substantial for her.
Manaka got girls, got Nishino at the end, but I really can't say he "won". That's why I said, just forget about Manaka being the main character, then everything is going to be ok XD
Quote:
But not everything goes smoothly in life... you know?
You're making me think about those life insurance ads that keeps on going to my mail and calls
Old 2009-02-25, 14:37   Link #714
Fran~
floating away...

Insurance Companies aren't that wealthy from nothing
Old 2009-02-25, 14:42   Link #715
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Insurance Companies aren't that wealthy from nothing
I thought it was because, like a good neighbor, they're there for you? :P
Old 2009-02-25, 14:43   Link #716
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

@taelrak
man...actually i want to object ur opinion, but i guess i won't
because i had enough of this topic on many forum before and its pointless...
and no matter how u try to convince me with ur long post, i'll always think the opposite,
and so, if i try to convince u about the opposite, u'll think the other way too...
and to tell u the truth...i'm too lazy to read a long post...

@Fran~
please,dude...don't say the same thing over and over again...
i'm sick of 'not everything goes smoothly in life' thing, u know? lol~

Last edited by MINAMI KOTARO; 2009-02-25 at 15:01.
Old 2009-02-26, 15:42   Link #717
AyaToujo
Ichigo 100% Forever~

u know what? i dun care bout who manaka choose, i just want more volumes to read!!!!
Old 2009-02-26, 15:51   Link #718
kakakka

Hatsukoi Limited?

Anyway, I just read the alternate ending.

....I deleted it afterwards...
Old 2009-02-28, 00:31   Link #719
taelrak

Instead of that fourth girl at the cram school, he should have hooked up with Sotomura's sister What a loss!
Old 2009-02-28, 02:19   Link #720
concavity

I think the ending for Ichigo 100% was appropriate. Tsukasa worked harder to keep her relationship with the main character than Aya.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen