AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-27, 12:48   Link #941
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Letting yourself be swayed by what other people think is not a sign of maturity, to me.

And this is completely OT, now.
then "someone who didn't get tempted to watch just because other people said it's not a mature decision if he don't watch" is also a mature, right?
because he didn't let himself being swayed by other people.

do you mean the discussion about maturity in picking an anime/manga?
well, indeed, it's already getting OT, unfortunately, i'm not the one who started it.
i'm just playing along with the starter, because i'm afraid he would get mad if i didn't
(ah, more lame joke from me)

Last edited by Silent Jealousy; 2009-04-27 at 13:02.
Old 2009-04-27, 13:38   Link #942
taelrak

Well hey, let me just put in a word for Macross F here...

Sure there's a lot of disagreement over the girls, but a lot of that is just healthy debate and just adds to the discussion (some are a bit extreme of course). Don't miss out on a great anime just because of that.

Same with Ichigo...even if the ending didn't turn out like what many people wanted, it's a great story nonetheless and it would be a shame to have missed it.
Old 2009-04-27, 13:58   Link #943
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

it would be very unpleasant if i pushed someone to not to watch/read it.
if i ever did something like that, i would say a 1000 words of apologize. .
but is it wrong to say that i don't want to watch/read macross F and shuffle?
i believe everybody have the freedom to pick which anime they want to see, right?

but i'm sorry for participating in a trivial OT before.

let's just discuss about ichigo 100% again. ok?

Last edited by Silent Jealousy; 2009-04-27 at 14:15.
Old 2009-04-27, 18:16   Link #944
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

About the subject of getting swayed by others opinions, calling that immature shows a shallow grasp of reality in that we are swayed by opinions all the time. we read reviews of everything from games to movies, a friend tries a new restaurant and says it is great the chance you will try it is better, or if the friend dislikes it you are probably less likely to try it. looking at a series and seeing that people feel such negative emotions because of it and deciding you don't want to be part of that isn't immature it is just making a decision based on one of the many factors that surround that show. it is the same as chosing a manga because of the writer or artist, or deciding to drink coke instead of pepsi because you see your favorite movie star on tv doing it. silent made a decision that the series wasn't for them because of the argument broiling around the series among many other factors.

back on topic. as for the discussion between aya and tsukasa the facts are what they are the manga is years old and most of us have read it multiple times. We all hold our beliefs beto and your penchant for taking disagreement with your point of view personally is uncalled for. you are welcome to make your point but there is no need for name calling. the truth is some people are so set in thier views of this series that if mizuki kawashita wrote a letter saying that aya was the main girl you would probably find a way to discredit it. I had actually given up on posting about this topic because of the way some people have chosen to respond to those who disagree with them but i got tired of seeing someone bashed because he disagreed with your POV.
Old 2009-04-27, 20:48   Link #945
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
About the subject of getting swayed by others opinions, calling that immature shows a shallow grasp of reality in that we are swayed by opinions all the time.
Not to make too fine a point over this, but considering other opinions, from people you can relate to, is one thing; simply bowing to critics that don't necessarily share the same interests with you is quite another. I have enjoyed a very nice number of shows that are "reviled" by a notorious number of people. And I never intended to force down my opinions on anyone's throat. I just do not accept ones that clash with my view - and I try to do it as politely as possible. With varying degrees of success.

And just who's name calling or taking things personally, here? Please... I had even stopped replying to this already. Kindly point to me where I was so out of line, as you say. I'd really like to know.

Last edited by BetoJR; 2009-04-27 at 21:09.
Old 2009-04-27, 21:18   Link #946
Nosauz

Critics have only power that we give them, much like government, but in the end only we as the beholder can judge how a work effects us. In the end how you precieve the story is more important to what others say, but distorting a story or perspective just to fit your thought process does no justice to the discussion. And in reality not all opinions are equal because humans are inherently not equal.

I think a lot of the debate stems on the contrived writing and the lack of focus by the author. If the author had a real direction of the story then this problem wouldn't have been that prevalent. But thats just my opinion.
Old 2009-04-27, 21:57   Link #947
Fran~
floating away...

BTW... I still don't know what did Junpei with Aya's bra...

Do you have some theory about it?
Old 2009-04-27, 21:58   Link #948
kakakka

Didn't that girl (Yui) took it?
Old 2009-04-27, 22:33   Link #949
taelrak

Who in the world just grabs a bra lying around and stuffs it in his bag? ... ... ...
Old 2009-04-27, 23:31   Link #950
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Didn't that girl (Yui) took it?
No, AFAIK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Who in the world just grabs a bra lying around and stuffs it in his bag? ... ... ...
Junpei
Old 2009-04-28, 02:49   Link #951
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I think a lot of the debate stems on the contrived writing and the lack of focus by the author. If the author had a real direction of the story then this problem wouldn't have been that prevalent. But thats just my opinion.
i agree.
i should have said this before, if the author had a real direction of the story and had a firm decision, they wouldn't cause people to debate.
like what i said before, the one who made those series to be complained was the author/mangaka themself.
"if you don't want to get burned, then don't try to play with fire", that's what i said to myself.
that's why i prefer not to watch it (macross F & shuffle). and i prefer a story with a strong focus and consistency, with a real direction
that's just my personal preference though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
BTW... I still don't know what did Junpei with Aya's bra...

Do you have some theory about it?
nice topic
a bit ecchi, but nice...

maybe he hugs that bra when he sleep while fantasizing ?
maybe he would give it back to her at the time they finally fulfill their promise to make their story into a movie.

junpei, you are such a naughty boy

Last edited by Silent Jealousy; 2009-04-28 at 04:06.
Old 2009-04-28, 04:33   Link #952
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The bra stayed in Junpei's room until Yui took it... somewhere. I don't remember if she actually gave it back to Aya, now... maybe it's time to re-read this thing?

Old 2009-04-28, 07:11   Link #953
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Jealousy View Post
if macross F is really like that, then i'll never ever gonna watch it
i expected more war between mecha in macross not a war between fanboys
the same with shuffle, i won't ever finish that series.
something that caused a 'war' between the fans, lol, i had enough of it.
if i knew ichigo 100% would be like this, i would never ever finished it.
ichigo 100% already caused enough problem, so i think i won't add anymore problem for my simple little brain.
i don't want to be trapped in the middle of the war between fanboys, it's so terrifying.
Watch Macross Frontier. Its awesome, as is all Macross series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
The bra stayed in Junpei's room until Yui took it... somewhere. I don't remember if she actually gave it back to Aya, now... maybe it's time to re-read this thing?
Yui still has it and I'm sure always will. I was disappointed that the bra didn't come to light since it would have provided plenty of chances for comedy but the manga had to end, so yeah.
Old 2009-04-28, 18:05   Link #954
typhonsentra

Okay, started reading this a few days ago, up to 60 so far but I already know who he ends up with at the end. Surprisingly that makes me more eager to see how it happens....
Old 2009-04-28, 18:21   Link #955
taelrak

Yea, I think we've taken it for a given that anyone who comes here already knows the ending. Sorry if we spoiled anything for you.
Old 2009-04-28, 18:28   Link #956
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

It is an old title. But, if we've unwittingly spoiled it for you, typhonsentra, I'm really sorry. Hope you do enjoy the ride, tho.

Old 2009-04-28, 21:12   Link #957
typhonsentra

Oh no no no it wasn't you guys. Actually.... I remember hearing about the story like, a year ago and going to check it out but... I only read the last page of the last comic.
Old 2009-04-28, 22:39   Link #958
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I know people who do that with mystery novels. Never did quite get the concept, myself.

Old 2009-04-29, 15:29   Link #959
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Even if you know the ending its a good ride. I'm glad I wasn't spoiled. I stayed far away from forum topics and web sites about the manga until I finished it. I actually just read Hatsukoi Limited and it was pretty good. Not on par with this but it was good. We can only hope the author decides to do a new manga, similar to this.
Old 2009-04-29, 16:49   Link #960
Fran~
floating away...

I only want that Kawashita could learn from her previous works and release a still major success than Ichigo. HL wasn't, though, i really like it and i'm following the anime.

The amount of romantic comedy is low now... School Rumble finished, Ichigo finished quite ago, there is only Pastel, Ai-Kora, To-Love-Ru, etc... but it doesn't have the impact of SR or Ichigo.

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen