AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-06, 05:41   Link #321
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
It's only been one episode. They've established the premise, I kind of want to see what they do with it now. we'll have to wait and see more episodes... And first and foremost the important thing here is that this anime is directed towards the Japanese audience before anything else.. So it depends on what their anime markets have now. I will watch it and see how it will go and I think its a nice refreshing before the other dark shows start airing you know like the Deadman Wonderland.
I know this. As I said in my earlier post, I try to give every show at least 3 eps to redeem itself, because a crap anime can have an awesome first ep, and an awesome anime can have a crappy first couple eps. I just noticed how some posts seemed to act like wanting some level of seriousness was somehow akin to wanting a dark world fit for Kuroneko, and was trying to say that there's a lot of in-between and this show is going to have to show some real motivator. But then again, this will also be necessary within the show to get the "hero" to recognize that he's not dreaming and start being serious.

On another note, I'd like to see Sink's face when he finds out that Tatsumaki is the Princess's fiance. Not that that would happen, though it would explain some things.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 05:42   Link #322
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmm... People tend to forget that the first Nanoha started out relatively... Uninspiring as well.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 05:58   Link #323
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmm... People tend to forget that the first Nanoha started out relatively... Uninspiring as well.
Though nothing like this.

I think a part of the problem can be summed up in something I heard a long time ago: I can imagine a nation of peace and harmony, with no needless conflict; and I can also imagine us running straight over them in a single night because they'd be absolutely defenseless.

On a side note, I thought it entertaining how they did the mooks and redshirst/cannon fodder. Little detail in some ways, but unsuspected details in others; for instance, multiple VAs and enough detail to tell the boy mooks from the girls. Usually all mooks are genderless clones.

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get to see the maids "changing" the hero's costume. It's always entertaining to see a guy trying to fight off a group of girls absolutely committed to getting him out of his clothes.

Anyway, for some reason I like to see the princess wag.
Old 2011-04-06, 07:02   Link #324
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get to see the maids "changing" the hero's costume. It's always entertaining to see a guy trying to fight off a group of girls absolutely committed to getting him out of his clothes.

Anyway, for some reason I like to see the princess wag.
Maybe they will show it in the second episode. In the character map that's been provided before or maybe not that... I can't remember where. But Shinku's been given a powerful weapon (maybe the staff that shoots like nanoha) I wonder if Shinku has problems with lots of girls. But with the reaction with his childhood friend? or classmate girl it doesn't looks so.

I also want to see the princes wag the tale. And also see shinku tryng to touch it. But I don't want a similar reaction with lala in tlr.
Old 2011-04-06, 07:21   Link #325
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I find it strange that even with all our Nanoha veterancy, no one commented on Tatsumaki as yet. From the way I see it, the Guard Dog of the Princess...

...could be in fact the Sword of Magus in disguise. In one shot, Tsuzuki can then reference SRW (GIANT GROWING SWORD) and Nanoha ("It spoke!!"). And what makes it even more mind-blowing is if Tatsumaki is some living embodiment of manliness. Voiced by Kenichi Ono. :3
Old 2011-04-06, 07:42   Link #326
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I also want to see the princes wag the tale. And also see shinku tryng to touch it. But I don't want a similar reaction with lala in tlr.
Bah .. Lala's reaction is nothing like the original tail stroking

Now that .. is a golden reaction

Cant find the one that includes the full scene >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 11:06   Link #327
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Bah .. Lala's reaction is nothing like the original tail stroking

Now that .. is a golden reaction

Cant find the one that includes the full scene >.<
I like that reaction of eruru. The way I hate lala's reaction is because it's kinda erotic and it's seems off for this kind of anime.
Old 2011-04-06, 12:02   Link #328
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Maybe they will show it in the second episode. In the character map that's been provided before or maybe not that... I can't remember where. But Shinku's been given a powerful weapon (maybe the staff that shoots like nanoha) I wonder if Shinku has problems with lots of girls. But with the reaction with his childhood friend? or classmate girl it doesn't looks so.

From the Interview, I recall Shinku would be getting into alot of 'Misfortunes' or 'Pinches' with Eclair (Green-hair girl) and the princess-

...Hmm, at this rate we'll completely forget her name

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I find it strange that even with all our Nanoha veterancy, no one commented on Tatsumaki as yet. From the way I see it, the Guard Dog of the Princess...

...could be in fact the Sword of Magus in disguise. In one shot, Tsuzuki can then reference SRW (GIANT GROWING SWORD) and Nanoha ("It spoke!!"). And what makes it even more mind-blowing is if Tatsumaki is some living embodiment of manliness. Voiced by Kenichi Ono. :3
I thought you were going to say Zafira.
Old 2011-04-06, 12:04   Link #329
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Why they got such a headache name to pronounce is what annoys me the most about this anime

I remember only one so far (the girl's name of course) .. LeonMitchelli
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 13:23   Link #330
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I know this. As I said in my earlier post, I try to give every show at least 3 eps to redeem itself, because a crap anime can have an awesome first ep, and an awesome anime can have a crappy first couple eps. I just noticed how some posts seemed to act like wanting some level of seriousness was somehow akin to wanting a dark world fit for Kuroneko, and was trying to say that there's a lot of in-between and this show is going to have to show some real motivator. But then again, this will also be necessary within the show to get the "hero" to recognize that he's not dreaming and start being serious.

On another note, I'd like to see Sink's face when he finds out that Tatsumaki is the Princess's fiance. Not that that would happen, though it would explain some things.
There is room for a wide spectrum of seriousness in anime. Yes, Dog Days doesn't take itself seriously. It doesn't try to. And if that means it doesn't hit your own sweet spot... Well, tough, but not it's not like everything has to worry about Endor holocausts or the consequences of Japan's decreasing population.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 13:30   Link #331
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Why they got such a headache name to pronounce is what annoys me the most about this anime

I remember only one so far (the girl's name of course) .. LeonMitchelli
I remember only shinku's name. The name of the girls in the cat/dog world is just hard for me to remember. Heck I always forgot the name of my professor
Old 2011-04-06, 17:55   Link #332
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I thought you were going to say Zafira.
Zafira? Who?

XD XD XD

That's the 2nd half of the reference, milord, when Tatsumaki suddenly speaks in a manly voice can transforms into a giant of a dogman, carrying a big freaking sword maximized from the small dagger it had.
Old 2011-04-06, 22:54   Link #333
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There is room for a wide spectrum of seriousness in anime. Yes, Dog Days doesn't take itself seriously. It doesn't try to. And if that means it doesn't hit your own sweet spot... Well, tough, but not it's not like everything has to worry about Endor holocausts or the consequences of Japan's decreasing population.
As I said in the post, I'm not saying that it should be dark or anything like that, and was just commenting on the fact that there's a broad spectrum and wanting a little bit of serious or concrete purpose doesn't mean a person wants something like THAT. I just found it hard to choke down that the entire reason that this guy got jerked out of his life into this world is to keep the fans from getting mopy about the losing streak they've been having. You'd think that they'd actually have some stake in the outcome of the "battle", something to benefit the victors and give them more motivation than they'd get from mere bragging rights. And, like I said, right now the hero doesn't really take the situation serious, so they'll have to put in something concrete to fight for if only to make the hero realize that there's some actual meaning to his fight.
Old 2011-04-06, 23:25   Link #334
dragon132004

Hey Guys ... Since Dog Days got such high-caliber seiyuus, Check this out :
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...actresses/2010
It has Nana Mizuki, Yui Horie and Minako Kotobuki however Nana Mizuki takes No.1: 1,209,600,000 yen with a huge gap
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 23:25   Link #335
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Actually, Shinku already gets something just by his mere participation: training. The reason he wanted to go back to his hometown of Cornwall is that he thinks Japan doesn't have many places where he could train and have fun in the process. As he says just before he got yanked, "... if they had a place where I can fully express myself". Given that it's established that his love is for acrobatics and physical activity, a setting where he can finally let loose on his physical abilities and get some self-training in the process is a good place for him to be. Getting dragged into a fantasy world where you help out an entire country by doing what love to be doing anyway and becoming a hero in the process does seem a sweet deal for someone like Shinku.

Also, I think people missed the "give up Filliano Castle" bit in the first part if Biscotti loses, which does point to a much larger stake than mere morale loss. Territorial losses looks to be a good enough reason to fight, though why Millhiore doesn't mention this to Shinku is one of the things I found odd in the episode.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 00:03   Link #336
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Actually, Shinku already gets something just by his mere participation: training. The reason he wanted to go back to his hometown of Cornwall is that he thinks Japan doesn't have many places where he could train and have fun in the process. As he says just before he got yanked, "... if they had a place where I can fully express myself". Given that it's established that his love is for acrobatics and physical activity, a setting where he can finally let loose on his physical abilities and get some self-training in the process is a good place for him to be. Getting dragged into a fantasy world where you help out an entire country by doing what love to be doing anyway and becoming a hero in the process does seem a sweet deal for someone like Shinku.
He should have gone to Rome, the last time I was there, there were no shortage of high towers to climb, burn, and jump off into a pile of hay

Quote:
Also, I think people missed the "give up Filliano Castle" bit in the first part if Biscotti loses, which does point to a much larger stake than mere morale loss. Territorial losses looks to be a good enough reason to fight, though why Millhiore doesn't mention this to Shinku is one of the things I found odd in the episode.
Yup, like I've said, insteading of watching it for Utawarerumono, this is really more like Baka Test. If Shinku doesn't pull through for them, they would be eating off cardboard boxes for weeks!

...Ahh right, so that was the princess' name
Old 2011-04-07, 00:06   Link #337
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
He should have gone to Rome, the last time I was there, there were no shortage of high towers to climb, burn, and jump off from
Mirror's Edge: Rome?

*shot*

The only thing Shinku is actually lacking is to cry "TOH!!!!" when jumping off >.>

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 00:18   Link #338
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Mirror's Edge: Rome?

*shot*

The only thing Shinku is actually lacking is to cry "TOH!!!!" when jumping off >.>
I was thinking of Assassin's Creed Brother... But sure! Why not

Also, it would be cool if that cape of his can double as a glider like Batman
Old 2011-04-07, 01:04   Link #339
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
As I said in the post, I'm not saying that it should be dark or anything like that, and was just commenting on the fact that there's a broad spectrum and wanting a little bit of serious or concrete purpose doesn't mean a person wants something like THAT. I just found it hard to choke down that the entire reason that this guy got jerked out of his life into this world is to keep the fans from getting mopy about the losing streak they've been having. You'd think that they'd actually have some stake in the outcome of the "battle", something to benefit the victors and give them more motivation than they'd get from mere bragging rights. And, like I said, right now the hero doesn't really take the situation serious, so they'll have to put in something concrete to fight for if only to make the hero realize that there's some actual meaning to his fight.
I'm not assuming you want Warhammer-level of grimdark. My point is that you're blaming the show for not being serious enough when it doesn't try to be. It's like watching a game of foosball and complaining it's not serious enough. It doesn't matter if you're blaming it for not being actual football, or the even more serious actual battle. It's foosball. It's fine to not like foosball, but don't spend your time calling it bad for not being what it isn't trying to be.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 01:46   Link #340
Yukymint

I love this anime, its story, char, drawing, apart from its name, which is so silly.

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen