Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-19, 22:13   Link #881
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Non... lethal... kidnapping? Dognapping? Or just napping, since its a forced slumber party?
Wait a minute... no one gets gagged in a slumber party

Thinking about it, it's not a kidnapping,

Quote:
So yes, the kidnapping technically is Capture the Flag, or as Duke Nukem puts it better, Capture the Babe.
Except for the part where you need to guess where the flag is Unless,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Still, the agreement seems a little unfair. You see, Galette won't ever have the problem of a VIP kidnapping... unless the kidnappers want to stain Leonmichelle's axe with their own blood.
There could be an unspoken rule where Capture The Flag has the flag located in a bath, where Leon-sama is the most vulnerable... except for the potential kitty claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
... Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventures...
Except the guy was hallucinating before his trip to the other world he was prepared for that surprise, but nothing like walking into your own home and not welcomed there

And it's been so long since, but I seemed to have forgotten why only girls can be pilots, which is something Infinite Stratos seems to be taking it's time explaining

Eh? How's that for Eclairtron?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-04-20 at 00:21. Reason: Removed deleted post quote and reply... remember: TASTEFUL
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 23:18   Link #882
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004
... Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventures...
Except the guy was hallucinating before his trip to the other world he was prepared for that surprise, but nothing like walking into your own home and not welcomed there

And it's been so long since, but I seemed to have forgotten why only girls can be pilots, which is something Infinite Stratos seems to be taking it's time explaining

Okay I will buy that but what about the other shows.. Have you watched them?
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 00:02   Link #883
kagato3

Quote:

Spoiler for Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventures plot spoiler:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-04-20 at 00:24.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 00:29   Link #884
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Except for the part where you need to guess where the flag is
Just wrap the flag around the hostage. And of course, Eclair makes a good hostage AND flagpos- *gets cut up into little pieces*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 00:39   Link #885
mangatron

Yeah, get cut up you silly...

Don't tell me you're thinking of hanging her half-mast

Spoiler for Thanks kagato3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
Okay I will buy that but what about the other shows.. Have you watched them?
Well the other series you mentioned do have the other world setup, but some (like Amatsuki) have a different setup of how he got there, which I believe is the reason why D-Days is usually related to ZnT because of the magical summoning, and then the somewhat primitive world.

Which I wanted to ask, about D-Days, I only recall them saying they'll summon a "hero", but not specify a gender... what if Princess Millimeter wanted to summon a girl?

Or I had this funny thought, if the dog was going around the place, he could have went to a military base and send a soldier over to dog land, or how about a MMA fighter
Old 2011-04-20, 00:47   Link #886
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Well the other series you mentioned do have the other world setup, but some (like Amatsuki) have a different setup of how he got there, which I believe is the reason why D-Days is usually related to ZnT because of the magical summoning, and then the somewhat primitive world.
I believe that MAR fits the bill better than ZnT...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 00:56   Link #887
eiyuu99

Yeah, ZnT Louise was summoning a minion, rather than a hero.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 01:01   Link #888
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

So I must ask, if we switched the gender of the cast, except the main character, would this show even be nearly as popular as it is?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 01:02   Link #889
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Yeah, get cut up you silly...

Don't tell me you're thinking of hanging her half-mast
That is only when I am in private with her. Of course, I'll hang it loosely so it slips....

But then again, whether I hang it loose or tight, the flag will still slip from the pos- *IS SHOT*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-04-20, 01:12   Link #890
mangatron

Quiet you Saintesspervert, you'll be the end of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I believe that MAR fits the bill better than ZnT...
Märchen eh... I'd think so too, but when that aired, not many people could get into it (was frequenting another forum that time). The more popular one is thought of first, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Yeah, ZnT Louise was summoning a minion, rather than a hero.
You mean she summoned a dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
So I must ask, if we switched the gender of the cast, except the main character, would this show even be nearly as popular as it is?
Well,... would be uh... I'll just say, that if a girl summoned a girl, it'd probably be like Sengoku Otome
Old 2011-04-20, 03:00   Link #891
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Guys summoning guys = Sengoku Basara, with a male Sengoku Otome Hideyoshi.
Old 2011-04-20, 03:02   Link #892
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
*sees Eclatron, Saintess and Dahak kidnap Eclair*

*ends up in a 3 way fight*
me? Eclair?
oh yea, she's not bad. (btw, I'm still laughin' at that ahegao-shoop of her)

BUT, I already devoted my soul and heart to her majesty, so...

Quote:
most likely, no. and for a good reason.

Last edited by Dahak86; 2011-04-20 at 03:16.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 03:35   Link #893
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
that is... a silly question really.
Oh come on lol I know to you that question is like asking "why don't the Strike Witches wear pants?" but there was also a technical side I forgot

In fact, I just remembered Ricochet's cute tail wagging underneath her "lab coat". She shouldn't wear anything under and bck there *runs from the Rico fans*

I mean they had to have a dedicated scene for several seconds to show us that cute tail, if she had no coat we could see it from many other angles But mostly, I'm thinking from observing a cat, they don't like their tails obstructed from interference..
Old 2011-04-20, 06:27   Link #894
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Episode 3 of Dog Day's starts off with a decent satisfying of the Trekker in me. Firstly, English + Chinese achitecture. Firefly? And then using GOLD-PRESSED LATINUM as currency.

But that is soon followed by Becky reading ViVid?! And we get a close up of THE GOD EMPRESS OF BELKA?!

*CHUGS 6 BEERS!!*

Moving along... The local gods are apparrently attracted to the high energy mana emaciating from the base station, the wormhole, Cinque and the cloaked Athra floating nearby.

And then... roar of the beasts, GAORENGER!!

Up next, Capture the Babe, and finally Brioche appears! So far there's a lot of whacked-out fun seasoned lightly with some common sense, and Tsuzuki appeases with the semi-twisted logic to setting-building used so liberally in Nanoha. Thankfully, I now can say, I can't wait for the next episode!!

Roar, GAORENGER!!
Old 2011-04-20, 06:55   Link #895
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Oh come on lol I know to you that question is like asking "why don't the Strike Witches wear pants?" but there was also a technical side I forgot
Yep. I realized that much, and successfully edited out that portion from my post about 19 minutes before your reply. Should I reintegrate it?

btw, a technical side, yeah. I'm pretty sure there was one. a nice "justification" for having some girls showing off their piloting skills, if I must say.
Old 2011-04-20, 06:58   Link #896
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Yep. I realized that much, and successfully edited out that portion from my post about 33 minutes before your reply. Should I reintegrate it?
Don't bother, I like how I'm able to reply to deleted stuff (it's a secret)

I got a good question for ya How many ears do you think éclair has? 2 or 4? Or how about the other girls, it's that longstanding classic question asked in Asobi ni Ikuyo too

Quote:
Moving along... The local gods are apparrently attracted to the high energy mana emaciating from the base station, the wormhole, Cinque and the cloaked Athra floating nearby.
Just thought I'd do a pre-emptive claim on Brioche, as a Houki fan this choice is a no brainer

I find the presence of the opacity frogs rather interesting. Were they there for Sink, or they chill at the spot? Apparently they were there before he arrived, so maybe they're attracted to the doggygirls (Princess Millimeter was there before)

Ease up on the beer
Old 2011-04-20, 07:06   Link #897
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Unless it was yaoi, i don't think so
Old 2011-04-20, 07:25   Link #898
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
I got a good question for ya How many ears do you think éclair has? 2 or 4? Or how about the other girls, it's that longstanding classic question asked in Asobi ni Ikuyo too
the many the better.
Old 2011-04-20, 08:09   Link #899
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Quiet you Saintesspervert, you'll be the end of us
I am not a pervert! Don't lump me together with you!

Quote:
In fact, I just remembered Ricochet's cute tail wagging underneath her "lab coat". She shouldn't wear anything under and bck there *runs from the Rico fans*
RICOTTA IS MINE. Stay away from her!

Though I wonder, if all the girls in Flonyard have sensitive tails like Lala's race in To-loveru?

Old 2011-04-20, 08:12   Link #900
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Just thought I'd do a pre-emptive claim on Brioche, as a Houki fan this choice is a no brainer
Too late Mangatron, Brioche's been mine since episode 1.

Quote:

Oh and dibs on Brioche too. Because she's a Hikasa Kuudere.

Also, this is why I'm drinking so much. As a real fan, I've already researched her likings, which include elegance and fine drops from Biscotti's best grapevines.
Quote:
I find the presence of the opacity frogs rather interesting. Were they there for Sink, or they chill at the spot? Apparently they were there before he arrived, so maybe they're attracted to the doggygirls (Princess Millimeter was there before)
While that could be true, it does not rule out them being there because of the conditions that bring 'the good harvest'. After all, it then explains why they all get startled by the wormhole instead of flocking towards it.

Once they are used to the ruckus they return, like park animals.

Quote:
Ease up on the beer
Aw where's the fun in that? I promished to keep this *hic* drinking game up *hic* all thru Dog Days.

But I have to admit, Brioche likesh her wine *hic* ash much ash her schwordcraft. *hic* *hic*

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen