AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-27, 13:49   Link #1121
dragon132004

Now the question is.. If the Biscotti Republic got someone as Brioche d`Arquien and Yukikaze Panettone in their military arsenal then how come did they resort to summon a Hero?
They were discussing the situation in that war meeting in episode 1 and they were saying they are suffering a defeat after defeat that they are pushed back to defend their own castle.. So does that mean that Brioche as well as Yukikaze are not match for Leonmichelle??
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 13:53   Link #1122
Zakoo

I love the anime but still ...

The name of the characters, oh god what did they do? Why each time I see it there must be a new pastry in the anime? Galette des rois? Eclair? Owwww.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 14:43   Link #1123
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
Now the question is.. If the Biscotti Republic got someone as Brioche d`Arquien and Yukikaze Panettone in their military arsenal then how come did they resort to summon a Hero?
They were discussing the situation in that war meeting in episode 1 and they were saying they are suffering a defeat after defeat that they are pushed back to defend their own castle.. So does that mean that Brioche as well as Yukikaze are not match for Leonmichelle??
Go back to that scene; they mention that both Brioche and Yukikaze are on their own mission, they are freelance after all.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 15:06   Link #1124
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Go back to that scene; they mention that both Brioche and Yukikaze are on their own mission, they are freelance after all.
What about before that!?... It was not the only battle they had.
Old 2011-04-27, 15:09   Link #1125
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
What about before that!?... It was not the only battle they had.
They were referring to the entire war, seems like they were on a losing streak ever since the two of them left.
Old 2011-04-27, 16:00   Link #1126
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They were referring to the entire war, seems like they were on a losing streak ever since the two of them left.
Check what they are saying in episode 1 [3:27], They didn't saying "they were on a losing streak ever since the two of them left." but they are on mission this time.
Old 2011-04-27, 18:44   Link #1127
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Check what they are saying in episode 1 [3:27], They didn't saying "they were on a losing streak ever since the two of them left." but they are on mission this time.
Yes, but nothing said that Brioche, and Yukikaze were ever part of Biscotti in the battles in the first place. All we heard from that is that they had their own missions which was before the announcement that Leonmichelle was going to advance at a reckless pace. They "predicted" that the following battles will be losses because they have no more support. So there was no indication that Yukikaze or Brioche were helping at that time or the results of the battle.

But I can see where you are coming from. Near the ending of episode 1, it was announced that Biscotti was on a continuous losing streak, and as Millhiore said that they have no knights to pair with Leonmichelle. Based on how strong Brioche and Yukikaze showed on the very first time they were introduced, that would hint that they were on their mission before the war started maybe? Or maybe by the time Yukikaze and Brioche went on their mission was when it triggered the continuous losses for Biscotti.

Well either way, it's all based on speculation

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-04-27 at 18:54.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 18:45   Link #1128
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Well... most of all this is participation based, and I'd rank Brioche and Yukikaze as mercenaries, with probably a hefty price tag. I'm more interested in what kind of mission they were on, certainly it wasn't to spy on Leon-sama, because she would have won if it weren't for the meddling Sink.

And then there's the part where they can (only?) be summoned through snail mail, which reminds me, only Homura and the summoning dog aren't.... girls or rather, they really are dogs. Don't tell me those 2 have bipedal forms lol.

I'd say Brioche and Yukikaze were checking out the monsters in the unprotected zones. Surely Eclair wouldn't have mentioned those monsters if it wasn't important to the story later on. Unless it was a scare story passed down to the younglings to keep them away from the Forest Of Illusions.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 19:00   Link #1129
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Let's consider realistic possibilities.

If Biscotti has these powerful super warriors, then there would be little need to summon the hero from a far away land. If Biscotti doesn't have these super warriors, then the hero gets slaughtered instantly because he has little experience in the battlefield. So, then what's the actual situation? Biscotti already has a few heroes, but they're summoned away to secret missions by the magic of plot convenience. So they call in another hero anyway. Seemingly, there's no cost or risk to the Biscotti kingdom to summon humans from Earth... which begs the question of why most nations aren't just summoning heroes by the countryful. There's probably a limit to how many heroes can be called over. Hell, I bet there's something in the contract of "war" stating each country can only summon one hero. So why hasn't Galette summoned a hero yet? Maybe because the writers are saving it for a later episode. I'm going to laugh if Cinque's girlfriend gets summoned to be Galette's hero(ine). Then we can finally see the lovers battle each other and release their pent up feelings toward each other. Of course, Cinque's probably already fallen for her royal pinkieness by that time, so Cinque's going to have to do some explaining...
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 19:07   Link #1130
Seihai
スマイリウム

I'm a bit perplexed that because deaths or fatal injuries can't happen in certain areas, they just bomb up everything with overpowered skills or melee weapons that still cause major AoE. I'd like to see more 1vs1 or small group battles that demand more tactic and movements. Cinque vs little brother is a start, I guess.
Old 2011-04-27, 19:16   Link #1131
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Yes, but nothing said that Brioche, and Yukikaze were ever part of Biscotti in the battles in the first place. All we heard from that is that they had their own missions which was before the announcement that Leonmichelle was going to advance at a reckless pace. They "predicted" that the following battles will be losses because they have no more support. So there was no indication that Yukikaze or Brioche were helping at that time or the results of the battle.

But I can see where you are coming from. Near the ending of episode 1, it was announced that Biscotti was on a continuous losing streak, and as Millhiore said that they have no knights to pair with Leonmichelle. Based on how strong Brioche and Yukikaze showed on the very first time they were introduced, that would hint that they were on their mission before the war started maybe? Or maybe by the time Yukikaze and Brioche went on their mission was when it triggered the continuous losses for Biscotti.
This is not their first war right? So they've must've know the strength of Brioche and Yukikaze and to what extent it is compared to other knights since they belong to Biscotti Knight Order though they are freelancers.. So that brings me back to first thing, when Millhiore said "that there is not Knight who could match Leonmichelle" Does that statement include these two knights or not? Beside I recall Leonmichelle herself declaring that she is the princess of all beasts, heck even Brioche said that it was her first time meeting Leonmichelle's shogun general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Well... most of all this is participation based, and I'd rank Brioche and Yukikaze as mercenaries, with probably a hefty price tag. I'm more interested in what kind of mission they were on, certainly it wasn't to spy on Leon-sama, because she would have won if it weren't for the meddling Sink.

And then there's the part where they can (only?) be summoned through snail mail, which reminds me, only Homura and the summoning dog aren't.... girls or rather, they really are dogs. Don't tell me those 2 have bipedal forms lol.

I'd say Brioche and Yukikaze were checking out the monsters in the unprotected zones. Surely Eclair wouldn't have mentioned those monsters if it wasn't important to the story later on. Unless it was a scare story passed down to the younglings to keep them away from the Forest Of Illusions.
So during all these fights that happened before Shinku summon and where the Biscotti Republic were losing war after war couldn't they afford to summon these two knights?? As they belong to the Biscotti Knight Order it would've been more effective than to use their last resort and summon a hero. Heck they ended up ruining Shinku life by choosing the latter, aside from Princess Millhiore, the other 14th members that were attending the war meeting knew about the consequences about the hero summon, that the ones will be summoned will no longer ever be able to return to their original world.
Old 2011-04-27, 19:26   Link #1132
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I'm a bit perplexed that because deaths or fatal injuries can't happen in certain areas, they just bomb up everything with overpowered skills or melee weapons that still cause major AoE. I'd like to see more 1vs1 or small group battles that demand more tactic and movements. Cinque vs little brother is a start, I guess.
What would be interesting is if we can get a 2v2 battle with Yukikaze and Brioche vs Leonmichelle and Gaul, or maybe Shinku and Eclair vs them

Quote:
This is not their first war right? So they've must've know the strength of Brioche and Yukikaze and to what extent it is compared to other knights since they belong to Biscotti Knight Order though they are freelancers.. So that brings me back to first thing, when Millhiore said "that there is not Knight who could match Leonmichelle" Does that statement include these two knights or not? Beside I recall Leonmichelle herself declaring that she is the princess of all beasts, heck even Brioche said that it was her first time meeting Leonmichelle's shogun general.
It defiantly isn't their first war since she did say that wars come and go. But based on Gaul's elite troops reactions when Yukikaze and Brioche showed up and started rampaging through the castle. It showed me that they never came into conflict with those two. But those are the soldiers of Gaul... We'll just have to see when Leonmichelle gets over there and starts the fight, and her reaction when fighting either of the two. But then again.. The general that followed Leonmichelle during episodes 1 & 2 should have known them if they fought previously, especially with the public announcement of the news team yes?
Old 2011-04-27, 19:33   Link #1133
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
So during all these fights that happened before Shinku summon and where the Biscotti Republic were losing war after war couldn't they afford to summon these two knights?? As they belong to the Biscotti Knight Order it would've been more effective than to use their last resort and summon a hero. Heck they ended up ruining Shinku life by choosing the latter, aside from Princess Millhiore, the other 14th members that were attending the war meeting knew about the consequences about the hero summon, that the ones will be summoned will no longer ever be able to return to their original world.
They were on a mission, its importance might have been bigger than the wars which don't seem to be that fatal to lose to me, yet. Brioche met the General for the very first time, and met Eclair for the first time since long ago. I'm sure there is a reason why they didn't just call Brioche and Yukikaze all the time since back then. Oh and it's not like they intended to ruin someone's life, nor does Cinque feel too depressed about it. The other members knew about it and they still accepted the summoning, they just assumed it was okay. If pinky princess knew that Cinque couldn't return home beforehand, would she have not summoned him? I personally think she would have done it anyway, though we'll never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
What would be interesting is if we can get a 2v2 battle with Yukikaze and Brioche vs Leonmichelle and Gaul, or maybe Shinku and Eclair vs them
Sounds good to me. Or Yukikaze vs Brioche even. Yuki's fist seal speed enhancement sounds like something quite interesting to watch against Brioche swordsmanship. Instead of all the explosions, you can still at least dodge a wide range slicer. Hah, I just reminded myself... if they did something like Rana vs Satella in Freezing just with Yuki and Brioche, that'd be epic. lol
Old 2011-04-27, 20:47   Link #1134
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
They were on a mission, its importance might have been bigger than the wars which don't seem to be that fatal to lose to me, yet. Brioche met the General for the very first time, and met Eclair for the first time since long ago. I'm sure there is a reason why they didn't just call Brioche and Yukikaze all the time since back then. Oh and it's not like they intended to ruin someone's life, nor does Cinque feel too depressed about it. The other members knew about it and they still accepted the summoning, they just assumed it was okay. If pinky princess knew that Cinque couldn't return home beforehand, would she have not summoned him? I personally think she would have done it anyway, though we'll never know.
Hold on.. They practically kidnapped him into a whole different world where he can longer see his family any more, telling him to live there forever, that's sorta ruining someone else life mate. and as for "nor does Cinque feel too depressed about it." IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A DAY on his stay there, give him some long time and he ought to have a homesick.

and if the other members knew about it and they still accepted the summoning thinking it's a small price to pay. Then that's even worse , that's like valuing their the so-called mission more than Shinku's life. But that would be acceptable if the summoned one can come in and go back between worlds freely..
And you know what, It's not even a real war that requires an immediate measure such as summoning Shinku, they were only worried about their country's budget in the end.
So now the question becomes here; Is summoning Brioche and Yukikaze cost them more than summoning Shinku?
Old 2011-04-27, 22:04   Link #1135
FateAnomaly

I would say summoning a hero is cheaper. But there is a risk involved in it. The hero's skill and character is unknown. The agent that is sent to fetch him is a dog albeit an intelligent (and cunning) one. Also there seems to be no requirement for him to actually serve the one who summoned him other than through his own free will.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 22:05   Link #1136
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

^Probably since they're mercenaries...
Old 2011-04-27, 22:14   Link #1137
Kagura89

Quote:
Hold on.. They practically kidnapped him into a whole different world where he can longer see his family any more, telling him to live there forever, that's sorta ruining someone else life mate. and as for "nor does Cinque feel too depressed about it." IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A DAY on his stay there, give him some long time and he ought to have a homesick.

and if the other members knew about it and they still accepted the summoning thinking it's a small price to pay. Then that's even worse , that's like valuing their the so-called mission more than Shinku's life. But that would be acceptable if the summoned one can come in and go back between worlds freely..
And you know what, It's not even a real war that requires an immediate measure such as summoning Shinku, they were only worried about their country's budget in the end.
So now the question becomes here; Is summoning Brioche and Yukikaze cost them more than summoning Shinku?
Well seeing how much overpowered those two are i'd say they cost more than Cinque does Also they from special squad that assigned for secret task and absent when they need them which makes princess resort to summon hero for time being (before she finds out that hero can't go home).
Old 2011-04-27, 22:20   Link #1138
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I dont see what's so surprising that Brioche and Yukikaze might not be able to match up with Leonmichelle. That lion king can single-handedly cast a nuke, while both of them are CC heroes with no invulnerable save. Not too hard to consider that it would then be much harder than just waltzing up to Leona.

Furthermore, Brioche seemed to have been out of direct action with the main forces for a long time (Her conversation with Eclair), so I would not consider them 'part' of the main forces. Yes, she was name dropped in episode 1. Yes, she was legendary. And then she was mentioned to be on another mission. Why is that is yet to be explained, but I'm sure that would be covered soon once the princess is rescued and proper introductions are made.

But the reason for summoning Sink has been: 1. lack of understanding the costs and implications involved and 2. Brioche was in another castle.

I mean seriously. Even Soap couldn't be everywhere at once. AND Soap couldn't go toe-to-toe with EVA-01 can he? He'd need Price and Ramirez, and a lot of C4s to bring it down. That's how I see Brioche, Yuki and the Freelance Knights function. If a legend says that a hero will be powerful enough to match Leonmichelle, then given incomplete information, go summon Cinque. Then the Freelance Knights can go steamroll the rest of the cats like how you would spend most of Modern Warfare games doing.

This debate reminds me of the nerdhorning back during StrikerS days. How nostalgic.
Old 2011-04-27, 22:31   Link #1139
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Brioche's profile labels her as the 'strongest in this land' and specifically said that surpassing the 'strongest in Biscotti'.

Implying she's the strongest, period.
Old 2011-04-27, 23:05   Link #1140
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Biscotti, not Gilette. The planet is Flonyard, so she may be strongest of her country but not strongest in the world.

EDIT: I knew I forgot something!

Cinque! You better not be hiding something from Becky! She's a yandere!!

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen