Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-01, 05:52   Link #1801
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'd chalk it up to something I refer to as 'mental inertia', since episode 8 did have this line from Leon:

I simply chalk it up as this notion having been ingrained into her for so long that she simply can't deviate from it now - who is she to know what would happen if she did try and warn Millhi now? For all she knows the prophecy might end up with Millhi dead right there and then if she did so, aka "call the cops, I kill the hostage"-esque situation.
Hrm ...if memory serves me, the whole deal with visions becoming worse actually meant them becoming clearer - what started as a vague threat to Milhi ended up as a clear-cut depiction of the murder scene eventually. She still didn't really try to warn anyone though, least of all Milhi - just a few suggestions of increasing her security (To Milhi's secretary iirc) that no one really knew to make heads or tails of.

On that note, didn't the vision give a set date ? 30 days from that point onwards, so if she actually believes the vision, she probably wouldn't think her actions could hasten the actual date (her visions became clearer, not really "closer"). In light of that, and the fact she eventually settled upon the idea it was actually the wielders of Palladion and Excelide that were the targets, not any one specific person, it would have made even more sense were she just to fess up, obtain the weapons from Milhi (like the pink princess said, she would be willing to lend them to Leo anytime were she to ask, and considering the target isn't specifically Milhi, there goes the reason to settle it "quietly" behind her back, as it isn't her life in specific that is targeted), bury them someplace desolate and wait out the set date.

Which brings up one other thing on a separate note - isn't the date way too early compared to what the vision implied ? I think it should be no more than a week since the time we saw the text on Leo's vision, so it seems Christmas have come early this year. Should throw Leo for quite the loop me thinks, let's see how she reacts to this rapid change in plans.
Old 2011-06-01, 06:35   Link #1802
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hrm ...if memory serves me, the whole deal with visions becoming worse actually meant them becoming clearer - what started as a vague threat to Milhi ended up as a clear-cut depiction of the murder scene eventually. She still didn't really try to warn anyone though, least of all Milhi - just a few suggestions of increasing her security (To Milhi's secretary iirc) that no one really knew to make heads or tails of.

On that note, didn't the vision give a set date ? 30 days from that point onwards, so if she actually believes the vision, she probably wouldn't think her actions could hasten the actual date (her visions became clearer, not really "closer"). In light of that, and the fact she eventually settled upon the idea it was actually the wielders of Palladion and Excelide that were the targets, not any one specific person, it would have made even more sense were she just to fess up, obtain the weapons from Milhi (like the pink princess said, she would be willing to lend them to Leo anytime were she to ask, and considering the target isn't specifically Milhi, there goes the reason to settle it "quietly" behind her back, as it isn't her life in specific that is targeted), bury them someplace desolate and wait out the set date.

Which brings up one other thing on a separate note - isn't the date way too early compared to what the vision implied ? I think it should be no more than a week since the time we saw the text on Leo's vision, so it seems Christmas have come early this year. Should throw Leo for quite the loop me thinks, let's see how she reacts to this rapid change in plans.
Which is part of the reason I'm suspecting that the Demon's breakout was the central issue, and this was dependent both on the power of its seal and the power of the Demon itself. The seal is weakened for certain reasons, and the Demon's able to grow stronger by absorbing flognar power released in the fights. At the time of her last reading, the strength difference and the path of battles meant it would take about a month to break loose. Leo's response of staging an all-or-nothing war meant a flood of power in a short period of time, jumping the 6-tailed Demon to a level of power easily sufficient to crush its seal.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 06:40   Link #1803
fullrefund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post

Actually her vision said "In 30 days maximum". The vision that she thought clear was not that clear i say. Hell, Becky phone horoscope said that something bad would happen to 5 inside a weak.
fullrefund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 07:11   Link #1804
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
In an earlier post I mentioned that the combination of circumstances made me suspect something similar to an older anime, where a wizard sought to revive a monster by absorbing power, and the power released by the heroes' fighting was far more than enough... The initial idea wasn't from this, but once I started to suspect such a scenario I did indeed think of just that guy. The demon better not have the ability to turn characters into the confectioneries they're named after though.

Also, as for Leo's not telling Milhi now that they've gotten on stage, it looks like she just doesn't know what to do. She's so upset that all she can say is "I... I...". If she'd had enough time to calm down she might have said what this was about, but in her mind she'd just seen her dearest friend walk straight into her doom and she doesn't know what to say. Of course, before she's able to calm down and talk, all hell breaks loose... literally.
I wonder if anyone knows who we're talking about XD
Old 2011-06-01, 14:39   Link #1805
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'd chalk it up to something I refer to as 'mental inertia', since episode 8 did have this line from Leon:

I simply chalk it up as this notion having been ingrained into her for so long that she simply can't deviate from it now - who is she to know what would happen if she did try and warn Millhi now? For all she knows the prophecy might end up with Millhi dead right there and then if she did so, aka "call the cops, I kill the hostage"-esque situation.
That's precisely how it is. At this point, call the damn cops - the situation isn't going to get worse.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 16:21   Link #1806
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Excuse me, just gonna dump some info to reply this post here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
fokelore wise 5 tails still works. Tails basicly work as a power ranking for foxes where 9 is pretty much minor god to true god level in power. A 5 tails would be strong but not unbeatable.
As far as I know, the folklore of the multi-tailed fox goes like this:
A fox demon will start growing tails after a hundred years old, adding one tail every another hundred years up until it has 9-tails. With each tail added, the fox demon will grow wiser and more powerful (it starts developing speech after the third tail or so). From here, the fox demon will start losing tails, one every hundred years. When its tail is back to 5, the fox demon ascended to a state of a demi-god.

So, a 5-tailed fox demon could be either an immature or the fully matured fox-god.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-01, 18:36   Link #1807
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I swear to God the entire time I've been thinking to myself... "Self-fulfilling prophecy". I think by trying to change the future, Leo's just made it come about. Just like Anakin Skywalker. Kind of irking, really.

That being said, she did her best. Hopefully things will work out. Milhi can't die now! She just got her badass Saber-esque armor on!
Old 2011-06-01, 21:24   Link #1808
Qikz

Just managed to see episode 7. Did anyone manage to gif the bit where she was being petted? That was by far one of the cutest things I've seen all year.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 22:12   Link #1809
dragon132004

It appears the visions change each time depending on the circumstances at that time, like the last vision Leonmichelle had, Cinque weren't around and Millhiore was all alone by herself.
I liked seen Noir in action and not to mention, Cinque-Eclair duo never fail to make laugh, he started to understand her more from just seening the way she moves her tail and when he told her "If I am being a childish then don't follow me" LOL .
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 04:47   Link #1810
mysterious

I am also irritated with Leo for not telling Milli the reason much sooner. Well maybe when Milli gets chewing on by whatever that monster in the sky, Leo can say: "I have been trying so hard to change this outcome! but dont ask me why I didnt tell you anything though."
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 08:52   Link #1811
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

So I caught up with Dog Days. And I see that Milly only has 1 thing to say:

"Leonmichelle! You're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I can no longer follow!"

After observing this touching scene, Cinque asks Godwin:

"What did the scouter say about that yuri field?!"

The in-jokes, they are coming through the walls!
Old 2011-06-02, 10:32   Link #1812
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Y-y-yuri?!
C-c-c-c-can't be...
Fox... I can't go on...
*KeithKurogane ceased to exist in the World Line*
Old 2011-06-02, 11:00   Link #1813
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

okay.. whos passing around the joint?....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
"What did the scouter say about that yuri field?!"

The in-jokes, they are coming through the walls!
And godwin answers "...you know their best friends...right? what on earth gave you the idea that?"
Old 2011-06-02, 13:52   Link #1814
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
And godwin answers "...you know their best friends...right? what on earth gave you the idea that?"
Let's call it "Eyes of Babylon"

About the fox god, I assume everyone noticed it was semi-transparent? Like the tochigami at the place Cinque was summoned to.
So I guess it safe to assume that gods all have that ghostly appearance

Chaging topic, remember that Leo herself said that her star reading wasn't supposed to be so strong?
...now what if the reason that it's strong is the fact that she's a key person to the event?
We saw that all attempts to avoid Milhi's death made it worse...and now the dream in ep 9...
I can't quite put my finger on it, but it looked like she was either shocked at Milhi's death or she was being controlled by something.

But being controlled sounds far-fetched...why would someone go through the trouble of controlling Leo to kill Milhi when there's a huge demon there?
Old 2011-06-02, 14:22   Link #1815
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Eyes of what? Idk what your talkin about
Old 2011-06-02, 15:11   Link #1816
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Eyes of what? Idk what your talkin about
The ability to see "things that aren't there", thus causing confusion.
Old 2011-06-02, 19:07   Link #1817
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I guess I better start talking to myself on the phone.
Old 2011-06-03, 01:26   Link #1818
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
the last time i researched it was like 6 years ago, i do now remember it was 1000 tails but i also read she could go to a unlimited amount but no point in that or something, aah its late here and im tired ><

........ oh yea

what the i dont remember seeing this in blue version.......wait jeanne d'arc?

i really need to watch more closely
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 03:47   Link #1819
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Milly, Jenne AND Saber, for that matter.
Old 2011-06-03, 07:00   Link #1820
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
what the i dont remember seeing this in blue version.......wait jeanne d'arc?

i really need to watch more closely
It's a shop

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen