AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-30, 02:12   Link #301
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I think Lem's plan is to approach Orchestra from multiple angles. Just because supress and flank is one of the oldest basic infantry tactics doesn't mean it can't work - it's basic for a reason.

We know that the CRV has Ugo driving, with at least R, Mao and Valmet able to shoot. Wiley and Lutz have apparently setup at a sniping point that will give them overwatch of wherever Lem is intended to lead Master to. Koko and Jonah are more or less decoys, so it appears to me, and of course Lem and Tojo are on foot and moving... somewhere.

Throughout the flashbacks and what we've seen in the shopping mall, it seems that Orchestra is quite good at taclking head on attacks: notice how quickly Chinatsu takes out the approaching police cruisers, or how Shishou takes out the police snipers. Within CQB range, Chinatsu's awareness allows Shishou to engage targets as they appear - Lem would have quickly settled them if she hadn't shifted her shield to tank his shots. By splitting his forces, and having Tojo bring him the laptop with everyone's GPS pinging, I'm predicting that Lem plans to arrange everyone to attack Orchestra from multiple angles, forcing Chinatsu and Shishou to constantly shift from attacker to attacker, to pin them down in one area, so that Wiley and Lutz can snipe them.

With a Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle. Because Shishou was yelling at to the sky that any sniper who wanted to try take him should be 1 kilometer away. Because they know that Orchestra's strength is in a straight up, close range fight. Because if it wasn't a Barrett light fifty, Lem wouldn't have made a point about bringing that rifle and watching out for the recoil.

Because the Barrett M82 is awesome, full stop.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:16   Link #302
sikvod00

Spoiler for Ep. 4:
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:38   Link #303
hero147

Damn Koko, you scary.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:55   Link #304
novalysis

What a shame, Chinatsu's death was a waste driven by her own stubbornness. Though it seems there's a-lot of in-between the lines backstories undertones to this arc.

I wonder whether that was Koko's attempt to recruit her. An unfortunately failed attempt.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 21:00   Link #305
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I wonder what Koko told Chinatsu, and how that'll affect Jonah's behavior and perception of Koko from now on, assuming he heard (which I think he did).
Old 2012-05-01, 21:19   Link #306
Longiy

I'm probably the only one who don't really like Koko's character and was overjoyed when she got punched in her face. That probably won't change till I get some explanation why she sell weapons :]
Old 2012-05-01, 21:20   Link #307
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So the orchestra leader actually trained her, or at least was the cause of her becoming like that. Sniping skills were so awesome this ep. Wow i hope that CIA punk dies. Wonder what Koko told Chinatsu, but when she said pet and feed her it sounded like she was giving her an offer to join the team. Form the preview looks like we'll learn more about Jonah next ep.
Old 2012-05-01, 21:35   Link #308
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

That bad when Chinatsu is killed, if she join Koko's team that will be better because more bad ass female and we can have triangle Jonah-Chinatsu-Koko and 1-side-love Koko-Valmet.
Old 2012-05-01, 21:40   Link #309
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longiy View Post
I'm probably the only one who don't really like Koko's character and was overjoyed when she got punched in her face. That probably won't change till I get some explanation why she sell weapons :]
Well she claimed that she's in the arms trafficking business like her brother in the name of world peace. IIRC, there was some discussion to the merit of this claim.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 22:05   Link #310
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hn, I see Hansel and Gretel's new big sister...
Not nearly the emotional impact those two had, but still, was a bit saddened to see just how messed up she was from having both her parents killed in front of her like that. Buuuut, if they had taken Chinatsu-chan with them, the UST in that triangle would have sparked a war...

Chinatsu: Gimmie~ I want him!

Koko: I saw him first!

Chinatsu: You're too old for him!

Koko: I am NOT! And I'm not going to let you sneak off with him at night!

Chinatsu: Fine! I'll do it in the day!

Koko: LIKE HELL YOU WILL!!

Jonah: -_- ... *remembers what Lem told him to say should he ever get into this situation* ... "I like Britney Spears"

Koko: 0.0

Chinatsu: 0.0

Both: YOU WHAT!?!?!

Jonah: 0.0;

~*~

Kinda sucks to be Lem too - having to be 'that guy' who can be reliable no - matter - what. Worst thing is, he knows he's f'ked up but he still manages to keep a bit of humanity in him even while doing the things that only he can do.
Old 2012-05-01, 22:37   Link #311
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I can see this happen in Jormungand fanfics.

Spoiler for Link:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-05-01, 22:58   Link #312
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Is a shame to lose Chinatsu. Would have been pretty entertaining to have her around more. Of course at least she doesn't have to go through anymore terrible things, but dead is dead. Too bad in the end. Suppose she went wanting that outcome since she went against her own lucky charm.

Oh well...
Old 2012-05-01, 23:13   Link #313
novalysis

Chinatsu would have made a great addition. Shame she was killed- that character was growing on me.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 23:23   Link #314
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I, for one, don't think it was a shame she was killed. I'd have serious doubts about this show if she hadn't been.

Also, Lehm is great. I bet he'd make an awesome father.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 23:29   Link #315
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Is a shame to lose Chinatsu. Would have been pretty entertaining to have her around more. Of course at least she doesn't have to go through anymore terrible things, but dead is dead. Too bad in the end. Suppose she went wanting that outcome since she went against her own lucky charm.

Oh well...
Chinatsu was there primarily to facilitate a very revealing episode, especially about Koko. Those with eyes and ears wide open this week will have been amply rewarded.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 23:38   Link #316
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Also, am I the only one who wishes those 'bullets' in the ED were available in real life? I'm not much for collecting models and stuff (yea, I'm a bad otaku, sue me), but I wouldn't mind having those bullets with the artwork on them.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 23:57   Link #317
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Holy awesome!

The depiction of a DPF BMW Cruiser!!!!

He he... Sweet.

Old 2012-05-02, 02:38   Link #318
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
With a Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle. Because Shishou was yelling at to the sky that any sniper who wanted to try take him should be 1 kilometer away. Because they know that Orchestra's strength is in a straight up, close range fight. Because if it wasn't a Barrett light fifty, Lem wouldn't have made a point about bringing that rifle and watching out for the recoil.

Because the Barrett M82 is awesome, full stop.
Actually the rounds shot were the .338 Lapua magnum, the same round used in the current longest range sniper kill. Although I have to agree the M82 is a beast too.

Well I was sort of surprised the anime team tried to do a little explanation of how Chinatsu joined Shishou, though it happening in a Opera house was just too cheesy for my tastes. Again with the insane bullets don't hit anyone where just a few meters apart but I'm okay with that.

I really liked how Koko was actually scared to go outside on her own. it just goes to show that she has always had someone by her side to protect her since she can remember. In a way she is very sheltered. She also made a great point in saying it's ordinary people who own the most guns, not soldiers.

Boy Lehm has mad sniping skills! First shooting off the trigger finger and then no more then a second later right through the heart!
As for Scarecrow...he's a dick.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 04:56   Link #319
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I'm just glad WHITE FOX did give some justifiable background to Chinatsu.

Old 2012-05-02, 06:12   Link #320
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Noooooo, Chinatsu!!! Koko you crazy bitch.

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen