AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-07-17, 09:04   Link #44681
demino_hellsin
That one guy

oh... that. Moe harem version of cromartie high?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 09:32   Link #44682
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Godess! You guys don't really understand my idea, do you? I mean a Normal High School AU Fanfic!
What? I said it almost like that Sorry my bad ! *bows*

I havent wrote a normal high school fanfic/(Magic anyone?)/*insert no IS machines and PT condition here* yet.

I think I read a IS doujinshi(no IS there), it somehow sucked(Don`t blame me, I have my own tastes..so respect it :P )
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 09:41   Link #44683
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

No offense! Beside, I might adding some mystery elements. Actually, The World Only God Know has been stucked in my mind for sometime now; and with a few modifications, we would have an enjoyable crossover! If not, a To Love Ru ripoff would be fine! Imagine all these boobs... (Fainted due to blood loss)
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 09:49   Link #44684
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Exclamation

Quote:
No offense! Beside, I might adding some mystery elements. Actually, The World Only God Know has been stucked in my mind for sometime now; and with a few modifications, we would have an enjoyable crossover! If not, a To Love Ru ripoff would be fine! Imagine all these boobs... (Fainted due to blood loss)
How `bout an IS/TWOGK[IS never existed] *take that overlapping boundary!* fanfic? I do love the anime and manga versions of it.

If Ichika is the buddy, who do you think would be his suited partner for him?
Old 2013-07-17, 11:53   Link #44685
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
So you want an alien invasion to occur instead of Phantom Task being trollish douches...?

Hrn, I don't like the idea of my girls being forced to fight against creatures that would literally *eat* them... I'd reach Asura-lvls of anger if one of those girls get mauled like they did in Muv-Luv...
You make it sound as though gore is a bad thing....Zero Caster would be disappointed.

@demino: It makes me wonder if the writers are just lazy, it takes more effort to write about girls and keeping it in canon. But, the stories with MALE ocs that SOMEHOW pilot machines superior to ISes really turn me off.

@gunblade: Chifuyu or Madoka, why? because wincest is just win.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 12:05   Link #44686
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well blitz, that's pretty much impossible. Because really the source material itself is flawed. there are so many things to change, that beg to be changed that its hard to keep the trigger finger off. Honestly I want to change over half the events in the novels but I want to respect the source material at the same time. That and there is no audience for it
Old 2013-07-17, 15:36   Link #44687
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Well blitz, that's pretty much impossible. Because really the source material itself is flawed. there are so many things to change, that beg to be changed that its hard to keep the trigger finger off. Honestly I want to change over half the events in the novels but I want to respect the source material at the same time. That and there is no audience for it
There's a few flaws, but it's easily adaptable, heck that's why Izuru is a lazy writer, he made so many points available, as let's say compared to Nasu who has a World that's ABIDED by it's laws to a HUGE degree.

It's because the whole gender thing, which writers are either lazy or simply they don't want to touch it. Why write about a girl when writing about a GUY is so much easy? Why write about canon characters when I can bring OCs that can bend IS verse to my will. IS is most powerful machine (even as the titular machine) F that, I have a BETTER one. That's majority of the IS fanfiction writers RIGHT there.

Giving you another example, Zero no Tsukaima. Please tell me about HOW MANY of those fics are really about canon characters and not Louise summons XXXX (more than you can count, and mostly stupid self inserts)?

Old 2013-07-17, 17:33   Link #44688
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, like I said before, each series has it own kind of fan. Taking example of Gundam UC and Gundam Seed. Do you can even count the number of insert-OC story? There are simply too much of them. But in Gundam UC, while almost all of them are OC stories too, the authors have to create everything outside of the setting. That is what made Gundam UC fanfic has a higher standard, and its best stories is so... Grand (I once read a great story combine Niezscheism and Zeon nobles). I think IS is kind of it. An anime/novel which combine everything tha could turn a normal fanboy go wild, but nothing much outside of it. A "fufilling your dream" fic is what most authors are chasing, not "fufillimg your idea"! - That is why I like Fangking2. His Ichika has a core idea for himself (albeit crazy). This and the fact that he uses a lot Gundam material.
Also, Tabane is most suited for Ichika in that crossover. But totally agree about the twincest! Although I want to do something a bit more. Maybe replace the loose souls with some spirit version of I.S core...
Old 2013-07-17, 17:37   Link #44689
blitz1/2

Quote:
Well, like I said before, each series has it own kind of fan. Taking example of Gundam UC and Gundam Seed. Do you can even count the number of insert-OC story? There are simply too much of them. But in Gundam UC, while almost all of them are OC stories too, the authors have to create everything outside of the setting. That is what made Gundam UC fanfic has a higher standard, and its best stories is so... Grand (I once read a great story combine Niezscheism and Zeon nobles). I think IS is kind of it. An anime/novel which combine everything tha could turn a normal fanboy go wild, but nothing much outside of it. A "fufilling your dream" fic is what most authors are chasing, not "fufillimg your idea"! - That is why I like Fangking2. His Ichika has a core idea for himself (albeit crazy). This and the fact that he uses a lot Gundam material.
Also, Tabane is most suited for Ichika in that crossover. But totally agree about the twincest! Although I want to do something a bit more. Maybe replace the loose souls with some spirit version of I.S core...
some of those OC fics are good, why? Because they FOLLOW the rules set out by the series, and they may not troll the canon cast.

Actually you're right. Female Byaku Shiki personification can also be the buddy.

Old 2013-07-17, 17:45   Link #44690
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

To put it simply, OC fic is not my style. Building an OC is more than just follow the rule. With me, every characters of mine have to be poly-dimensional.
Also, any idea what would happen if he stay with Shinono family all these year, while Madoka stay with Chifuyu (seperate the children after the kidnapping for protection)? I mean he would be more fitted and better with sword, while learning the old Samurai spirit from Houki father. And people tend to underestimate Tsundere, you know?
Old 2013-07-17, 17:47   Link #44691
blitz1/2

Quote:
To put it simply, OC fic is not my style. Building an OC is more than just follow the rule. With me, every characters of mine have to be poly-dimensional.
Also, any idea what would happen if he stay with Shinono family all these year, while Madoka stay with Chifuyu (seperate the children after the kidnapping for protection)? I mean he would be more fitted and better with sword, while learning the old Samurai spirit from Houki father. And people tend to underestimate Tsundere, you know?
It's not about polydimensional, believe me polydimensional is fine, but there are LIMITS to how much you can write your character without it spilling over and no longer relating to the series.

He? as in Ichika or he as another oc? I don't know, if Ichika stayed with Houki the whole time, maybe she won't be such a tsundere.

Old 2013-07-17, 17:53   Link #44692
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I mean Ichika. And the poly-dimensional thing, must be influenced for all these time reading Muv-Luv. You would get a pretty surprising result if you put your characters in historical impacted events or DOA situation.
Old 2013-07-17, 17:59   Link #44693
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
There's a few flaws, but it's easily adaptable, heck that's why Izuru is a lazy writer, he made so many points available, as let's say compared to Nasu who has a World that's ABIDED by it's laws to a HUGE degree.

It's because the whole gender thing, which writers are either lazy or simply they don't want to touch it. Why write about a girl when writing about a GUY is so much easy? Why write about canon characters when I can bring OCs that can bend IS verse to my will. IS is most powerful machine (even as the titular machine) F that, I have a BETTER one. That's majority of the IS fanfiction writers RIGHT there.

Giving you another example, Zero no Tsukaima. Please tell me about HOW MANY of those fics are really about canon characters and not Louise summons XXXX (more than you can count, and mostly stupid self inserts)?
The worst part is again the fans who won't read any such series. They'd bend over backwards for stories that make ichika godking of the world and turn every woman there into his love slave regardless of wether he wants them or not.

Why would a writer write about something so difficult but ill received? It's lke self-mutilation. Look at hawk. Dude looks like. He needs a drink half the time he pops around
Old 2013-07-17, 18:11   Link #44694
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
You make it sound as though gore is a bad thing....Zero Caster would be disappointed.

@demino: It makes me wonder if the writers are just lazy, it takes more effort to write about girls and keeping it in canon. But, the stories with MALE ocs that SOMEHOW pilot machines superior to ISes really turn me off.

@gunblade: Chifuyu or Madoka, why? because wincest is just win.
I kinda frown upon incest, I mean it`s something I would not want to write.

hell yeah for Chifuyu for demon, Ichika you`ll be a lucky bastard once you get that 'collar of death' in your neck
Old 2013-07-17, 18:24   Link #44695
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ok. Can't we stop this arguement? Because I see no further point in continue this. It is a personal matter, so we could quarreling all day and receive nothing in the end.
Also, about the incest, you know, Japan is a weird country: logical in real world, lunatic in another world!
Another thing about Ran Gotanda. You know, in a world where girl is like godess, a normal girl like her left a lot room for creation. Also, she kind of alike to Kallen from Code Geass (without the traumatic past).
Old 2013-07-17, 19:05   Link #44696
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'd prefer this debate to go on, this forum has been silent for too long and I do enjoy these talks/debates/arguments regarding OCs.
Old 2013-07-17, 20:23   Link #44697
blitz1/2

Quote:
Ok. Can't we stop this arguement? Because I see no further point in continue this. It is a personal matter, so we could quarreling all day and receive nothing in the end.
Also, about the incest, you know, Japan is a weird country: logical in real world, lunatic in another world!
Another thing about Ran Gotanda. You know, in a world where girl is like godess, a normal girl like her left a lot room for creation. Also, she kind of alike to Kallen from Code Geass (without the traumatic past).
Ran is only similar to Kallen in appearance, she is nothing like her in terms of personality as kallen is more initiative whereas Ran is lacking in confidence, especially when Tatenashi showed her how to act like a student council president.

Old 2013-07-17, 20:29   Link #44698
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, I believe that is the result of having a laid back brother (not a death one), and mother is much more scary!
Anyway, does anyone think that the second anime season would help IS gain its glory, or this is just another short-term wave?
Old 2013-07-17, 20:46   Link #44699
blitz1/2

Quote:
Well, I believe that is the result of having a laid back brother (not a death one), and mother is much more scary!
Anyway, does anyone think that the second anime season would help IS gain its glory, or this is just another short-term wave?
Short term wave. Hopefully, it would inspire more writers to go for canon material if we indelve more into Phantom Task.

Old 2013-07-17, 20:59   Link #44700
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Maybe 10 years later and no one would remember about IS...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest