AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-05-01, 09:30   Link #52681
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Making him stop Cecilia and Rin when they are fighting in their IS.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 09:44   Link #52682
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Throw Ichika to distract them
Old 2014-05-01, 09:58   Link #52683
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Spoiler for Chloe's route Omake: Another world?! Damn it Tabane!:

Yes, it's a very cliche plot device. Yes, it is very much overused. Sorry, I was really bored.

Yeah, Ichika was poking at himself even though he doesn't know it. Yet.

I cut it off here because I wasn't sure that it should just be Ichika or would Chloe come with him.

R&R please, whether it be spelling, pacing, formatting. Lay it all out.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 12:15   Link #52684
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
With the male OC, one always defeats Cecilia or Rin first to show their ability. Normally that's because they're the first of the girls to challenge him. One after another I might add. How do you circumvent this?
Well, the first fight in The Infinite Stratos is Houki vs Ichika with bamboo swords.

But technically, the first fight in chronological order is Maya vs Ichika, both in Uchiganes, on test day. It doesn't get flashed back until after Ling's fight because it harbors a plot point.

Ignoring fights earlier in the timeline...

So technically, while Cecily is still the one with the first fleshed out IS frame fight, there has already been lots of battles with Ichika vs something by then on my end.

Doing something first without actually doing it first!
Old 2014-05-01, 14:43   Link #52685
DarkJak2050

For male OC's first fight, why is it always against Cecilia or Rin?

I noticed this trend here for a long while.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 16:31   Link #52686
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post

Because they are the first 2 opponents that Ichika faced, and if canon goes to show is that Ichika was about to win against both, if it weren't for some "circumstances"

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 17:13   Link #52687
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm in the "beat up Houki instead" camp
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 20:13   Link #52688
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

In Kendo or IS? If it's the former, then it's a really skillful fighter. If it's the latter, then a really, really powerful one - if it's a custom IS, OC equals to ISA's third year personal users. If it's a standard, Uchigane, OC equals to Chifuyu.

@Lhaklan: Seems fine to me. Not exactly a humourous one, but it does the job.
Old 2014-05-02, 01:03   Link #52689
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
In Kendo or IS? If it's the former, then it's a really skillful fighter. If it's the latter, then a really, really powerful one - if it's a custom IS, OC equals to ISA's third year personal users. If it's a standard, Uchigane, OC equals to Chifuyu.

@Lhaklan: Seems fine to me. Not exactly a humourous one, but it does the job.
Eh, the IS part depends on where the series is though. For example, if it's before the Silverio Gospel then it's rather easy to beat Houki. After that it's where it get hard.

Thanks. I decided to add Chloe since there's a chance MGR_IS!Ichika might get too reckless and get damaged too much, so having his mechanic there help. (Yes, his mechanic. They're comfortable enough that Ichika can get away with calling her that). Beside, having 2 Chloes running around should be fun, especially when the native one see her counterpart being rather close with the cyborg.

There's only on a in my username, after the l. (Though you're the first one to get the Lh and kl part right)
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 01:13   Link #52690
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Except Ichika always managed to stomp her 10 minutes, consistently

With Kenran Butou on

Talk about skill gap
Old 2014-05-02, 01:17   Link #52691
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Houki is a Kendo champion, but she is only used to inter-ring fighters. Ichika, like his sisters, is a wildcard.
Old 2014-05-02, 01:23   Link #52692
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, the logic is simple

Lingying always beat Ichika in straight fight, Cecilia can't but that's because plot force reiryaku byakuya

Ichika constantly beat Houki, with Akatsubaki, with Kenran Butou on

There's no wild card here, both Lingyin and Cecilia can beat Houki any day. OC that can beat Lingyin and/or Cecilia will stomp Houki, period.
Old 2014-05-02, 01:42   Link #52693
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But I remember distinctly that Cecilia is bottom tier with Houki+Kenran Buto beating Ichika with pure turtling.
Old 2014-05-02, 01:50   Link #52694
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
But I remember distinctly that Cecilia is bottom tier with Houki+Kenran Buto beating Ichika with pure turtling.
Huh, must have been my bias then
Old 2014-05-02, 01:50   Link #52695
OHIMESAMA

Cecilia just needs to improve her zoning abilities... then we'll see if anyone else will say if she's low tier when she fully masters BT flexible... they'll get bending laser coming at them from all directions...

Ichika is weak because he is behind in training compared to the girls. If he trains harder, he'll reach his sisters level or maybe near it. Then I bet no one will have the gall to call him as one in the low tier, most especially because he has the most powerful IS already. Who is going to argue at an IS that can destroy you in one hit. All the Ichika needs is training...
OHIMESAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 01:51   Link #52696
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It doesn't matter if he trains hard, if the method of training is useless and without real aim, he will never grew

As much as I hate Tatenashi, she actually a good coach compared to shitty training menu Chifuyu and the girls gave him.
Old 2014-05-02, 01:58   Link #52697
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It was still useless in my opinion. Dude couldn't effectively fly his way out of an enclosed space. Not like it was impossible. He just... didn't.
Old 2014-05-02, 02:22   Link #52698
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post

For me its because I'm rewriting canon, so to remain legit, I'm using the sequence of events but tweaking the characters so they can carry the story in a more believable manner.

That means Ichika fights Cecily on time first for class candidacy, but loses to her because his batteries ran out. That's canon. There's a follow-up fight with Mystery Lady which Ichika uses his ult and depletes it like against Blue Tears, but then uses it again because he knew exactly how long it lasts and saved the last 0.5s for a takedown. That's my improvement and showing how he grows.

Unfortunately, I don't see THAT happening in canon. (And also I gave Class Candidacy to Cecily because that girl really needs that niche to have some on-screen gravity.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
No, the logic is simple

Lingying always beat Ichika in straight fight, Cecilia can't but that's because plot force reiryaku byakuya

Ichika constantly beat Houki, with Akatsubaki, with Kenran Butou on

There's no wild card here, both Lingyin and Cecilia can beat Houki any day. OC that can beat Lingyin and/or Cecilia will stomp Houki, period.
This I agree with. When Houki is just blinded by that anger, fighting against her doumyoji heritage and not using her strengths, she's never going to win.

(I do intend to make her realize this and break all sorts of rules, but that's again character building. Readers love that.)

Quote:
It doesn't matter if he trains hard, if the method of training is useless and without real aim, he will never grew

As much as I hate Tatenashi, she actually a good coach compared to shitty training menu Chifuyu and the girls gave him.
I don't think canon-chika learned anything from Tate though. Not that she's ineffective, just that the author was just too dumb.

Quote:
It was still useless in my opinion. Dude couldn't effectively fly his way out of an enclosed space. Not like it was impossible. He just... didn't.
Like I said, the author was just too stupid to capitalize on the entertainment value that could have been had.
Old 2014-05-02, 02:44   Link #52699
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIMESAMA View Post
Cecilia just needs to improve her zoning abilities... then we'll see if anyone else will say if she's low tier when she fully masters BT flexible... they'll get bending laser coming at them from all directions...

Ichika is weak because he is behind in training compared to the girls. If he trains harder, he'll reach his sisters level or maybe near it. Then I bet no one will have the gall to call him as one in the low tier, most especially because he has the most powerful IS already. Who is going to argue at an IS that can destroy you in one hit. All the Ichika needs is training...
Quote:

@OHIMESAMA
I think I can agree with that. Cecilia's IS has a lot of potential, she is still trying to master her skills in handling her BITS yet.

Training, training, training, that is the only thing Ichika needs. But I think it would be more to his advantage if he does self training, rather than, have all those girls coach him. They have different styles of fighting and does not fully comprehend the straight-forward styles of Byakushiki, they always add some thing to it, which in turn contradicts with Ichika's forte, as a straight forward fighter. It's like your teaching a swordsman to wield guns.

@ZeroXSEED
Tatenashi simplifies all the techniques that has been previously introduced to Ichika. Unlike the girls who use their training module to Ichika which he doesn't understand.
Chifuyu's point though, is to teach Ichika the basics. She focused more on the part where Ichika is at best rather than trying to rise his other skills set which takes more toiling to accomplish.
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 03:24   Link #52700
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm-here-present View Post
Chifuyu's point though, is to teach Ichika the basics. She focused more on the part where Ichika is at best rather than trying to rise his other skills set which takes more toiling to accomplish.
Except what she did is... not teaching the basic. She constantly teach him advanced techniques without telling him the underlying basic behind the technique. Every single time, she just go "Do this, stop complaining" and "No answer, think about it yourself".

Sure, it helped him in terms of short time powerup, but in the long run, without shonen bullshit he's pretty much screwed.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest