AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-07-28, 12:00   Link #21
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Oh noes, not these f****** newbs AGAIN. You know, we had an entire flamewar thread about this once. If you're gonna recommend a player without external codecs, at least recommend a WORKING one, like MPlayer.

You know, there is a REASON why people say "VLC sucks". It's not because we're evil and like crashing people's games (Which, by the way, doesn't happen. If it does it's either a very bad game or you borked DirectShow seriously. What Oblivion does is just a lot of ffdshow instances, which is slightly annoying but not dangerous - if you block oblivion.exe in ffdshow (something CCCP does by default nowadays, to hide the problem) it just loads lots of Windows' builtin mp3 decoder instead). It's because VLC is a piece of worthless crap.

The list of known issues is longer than most PhD dissertations, but it includes funny things like;
- broken softsub support,
- lots of random crashes, especially with MKV,
- crashing when seeking to the end of a MP4 file,
- impossible to get 5.1 output from 5.1 AAC,
- lots of random UI borks (nothing showing up/wrong language/random crap),
- having the most nonintitutive UI ever (it's not a GUI, it's a tool designed to confuse users)
- broken MKV chapters support,
- broken streaming from MKV's,
- highly unreliable h.264 support,
etc. etc. ad nauseam.

If you think VLC's softsubs work "just fine", try watching this small clip (4.5 MB) and tell me how much of the subs you were able to read. Take special note of the crew notes inside {}'s, and the way VLC draws multiple lines on top of each other.

Finally, if you manage to crash games by installing DirectShow filters, you either installed very, very bad and broken filters, or just play very broken games. DirectShow is a part of Windows and many games use it for one thing or another. Protip: don't install ACE or K-Lite or shit like that which installs tens or hundreds of redundant and sometimes very broken filters.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2006-07-28 at 12:15.
Old 2006-07-28, 14:18   Link #22
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
While we're on the topic of MPlayer with SSA Support, is there anyone who's distributing any SVN build of MPlayer for windows? I don't think 1.0 pre8 includes that SSA/ASS patch. (Does it?) And a quick search on google and here didn't yield to any result for any daily or weekly build for windows.
Old 2006-07-28, 14:45   Link #23
TheFluff

1.0pre8 doesn't include it, no. But here is a site that distributes rather new win32 builds (newest one being 24th of July at the time of writing).
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2006-07-28, 14:59   Link #24
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
Lots of stuff
I watched the clip. I always thought that was the result of a badly formatted sub. I guess I was wrong. This has only happened with 1-2 series I've watched, and I don't get most of the problems you mentioned.

And calling me a "fucking newb" isn't a very nice thing to say.
Old 2006-07-28, 15:32   Link #25
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
I watched the clip. I always thought that was the result of a badly formatted sub. I guess I was wrong. This has only happened with 1-2 series I've watched, and I don't get most of the problems you mentioned.
That's nice for you. Unfortunately there's a lot more people in the world than you, and I can assure you that there's reasons for that funny issues list.

Also, that "bad formatting" happens as soon as there's more than one line displaying at the same time, something just about every other sub renderer in the world handles correctly (by detecting the collision and stacking the subs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
And calling me a "fucking newb" isn't a very nice thing to say.
Guess what, I wasn't intending to be nice Had I done that, I might have politely pointed out that VLC has a lot of issues, and there are reason as to why people wouldn't want to use it, at least for softsubbed material.
But since I'm not always nice and have a passionate hatred for VLC and its supporters... well.

Old 2006-07-30, 18:06   Link #26
Lambda

I miss the way the old media configuration guide didn't give the impression of wishing that every computer owner on the planet was a Microsoft customer. So how can the hardware requirement for a video card with DirectX support be accurate when DirectX support can only possibly be relevant on one operating system?
Old 2006-07-30, 18:27   Link #27
TheFluff

Well, I think the "video card supported by DX7" thing is just there as a general indicator about roughly how advanced the video card has to be...

On another note, the components are getting highly outdated - last update was over half a year ago. There has been some interesting developments during that time, especially regarding libavcodec's h.264 decoding speed (which increased about 20-25% between december and april) and various Haali Media Splitter feature additions. Update, someone?

Old 2006-07-31, 02:28   Link #28
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Unfortunately, we no longer have a staff expert on ffdshow builds to advise us on which build is currently best and most bug-free. Fortunately, I would bet that you have such knowlege. Can you hook me up by advising me on which newer and better build of ffdshow we should use? And please give me both info on where to find that build and a download link. Though I suppose I can make do with just the info on where to find it and its name.

Thanks TheFluff.

PS. I hope you view this as providing more options for the fans, since I really don't see any competition that makes any sense.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-07-31, 03:42   Link #29
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
The http://x264.nl builds are pretty good - and the ones by http://ffdshow.da.cx/ are worth a gander - but nicholi will tell me off for saying so T_T.
As to providing an alternative to the CCCP - I have to say it's definitely a good idea to get some competition for the CCCP to keep it on its toes. The only thing is - the guide is hardly what you would call competition. It installs virtually the same components, only they are a) older, b) configured a bit less nicely for max compatibility (especially the ffdshow settings - which I'll try to provide some feedback on in the coming week) and c) very confusing for newbies.

I guess this guide is written for newbies (because any intermediate or power user would know where to get their own preferred compiles of all the programs) and the guide just doesn't seem to be that useful for them. It's long, complicated and includes lots of hand-tweaking that the CCCP does automagically - as well as not even getting into the issue of what to do if you have recalcitrant / hidden borky filters installed - which the CCCP tries to get rid of or otherwise disable.

As I said - having some sort of alternative companion to the CCCP would be great - and this is hardly a competition (because they are both free :P), but suggesting to inexperienced newbies that they should use something that is old and out of date for the sole purpose of 'options for fans' just seems mean and shortsighted - we are caring more about our own feelings than we care about helping the newbies.

edit:typos edits2/3/4/5/6/7/...:typos
Old 2006-07-31, 04:04   Link #30
Nicholi
King of Hosers

I don't really consider it competition but why not actually support the easiest, some might say even best, method for fans to use in playback?

I do agree that there should at least be information for fans to install components separately. However I myself can't support such a method being blatantly advertised as the only one and stating multiple times that codec packs should never be used (obviously the CCCP falling under the category of codec packs). Also this guide having been explicitly created as an anti-CCCP solution because zomg it was originally hosted at KAA's site.

As for helping you out, I myself don't see any of the general ffdshow builders as making builds which are going to work for a general group of users, but you are free to test them yourself. Among the largest names are clsid, Kurosu, videomixer9, and bob0r. For the CCCP we build our own ffdshow, thus we are sure it works for as general a userbase as possible. We don't really test other peoples builds unless it is only to confirm a similar problem in ours. However it is quite easy to stay up to date on how/what they are compiling with. All of them seem to be doing their own things, supporting only specific SIMD sets, or using extremely exotic patches which are likely to break more things. Out of all them I would put my faith most in the x264 ffdshow builds by bob0r, but I don't intend to test that theory.

Of course one of us naughty CCCP netizens could easily build you a ffdshow install which is duplicate to the CCCP+extra filters. However once again I see little reason to support something that was created as an anti-CCCP solution by someone who literally (still) knows nothing about video playback. Also the fact that it is not going to be regularly updated, ever. And we have to constantly tell people to uninstall/not use it when they are asking for support. I'm sure TheFluff et al would agree with me, ASuki should rethink their playback support.

I don't really see that as happening though, since there are likely still anti-codec pack newbs about in high places. So just ignore this post
Old 2006-07-31, 05:09   Link #31
LytHka
Banned

1.) It's not my fault that the guide wasn't updated on the site. I kindly asked for it to be updated, I even put together a BB code formatted .txt so that it'd be a simple copy/paste update. I blame the administrator of this site; I'm sorry. I left this AnimeSuki Playback Help project immediately after seeing that this section of the forum wasn't getting properly instructed for further posting; which is something I fully regret, seeing that the guide hasn't been updated at all.

2.) http://www.froth-bite.com/forums/ind...pic,991.0.html is basically the same guide and it's updated!

3.) This guide is NOT the same as CCCP. It installs CoreVorbis which has a faster decoder than libavcodec is. A huge difference can be seen with older/slower harddrives, on which normal Vorbis playback is impossible using libavcodec (constant playback skipping). The decission to use it was a valid one. This is ignorance on the part of the CCCP crew for trying to keep their filter pack at a very small filesize.

4.) Why are all... *khm* most CODEC packs "evil"? Because of their macro-like registry tweaking devices. Those can create mess, individual software installation can *hardly* do that to the system. The one .reg file that is provided with this Guide is for ffdshow's settings only (there is just too much of those).
In this regard, the updated guide is the absolute winner over all CODEC/filter packs.
About the complexity of this guide: It's true that without batch macro files and all that, the installation of the playback components isn't automated, however, even CCCP tries to appoint its users to reading their FAQ before installing it. And that FAQ isn't a small read either. I dare to say that most people don't read that FAQ, thus they install the thing over their playback setup. A preinstalled ffdshow + CCCP usually means big mess. Which isn't nice at all. Which isn't to say that it can't happen with this guide to the ones that don't read it and just click->download->install; the occurance of that happening is just less likely since a person sees "Guide" and not "Download press BOTTAN".

5.) If I could, I would update the guide recommending mplayer instead of VLC now for *NIX. The new SVN repository versions are absolutely splendid with a much improved softsub support.
The recommendation wasn't done before (even though mplayer was a valid rival to VLC) because mplayer's compilation/installation on *NIX is very tedious compared to VLC which has precompiled packages everywhere and is installed by default by many *NIX distributions. The newest mplayer softsub support is, IMO, a very strong argument for a person to compile mplayer now (follow the README ).
I see no real reason for recommending mplayer/VLC to Windows users other than to offer a bit of variety. I would like to unrecommend them both, even though their CPU usage is very low compared to the basic ffdshow+DShow player. If you're aiming for ultra low CPU usage for Windows, TCPMP betas with CoreAVC support are the way to go (I'm not really sure for its support of softsubs).

EDIT: I'll do that for *NIX on Froth-Bite's forum right now and perhaps NightWish or someone can copy/paste that later.

Last edited by LytHka; 2006-07-31 at 05:39.
Old 2006-07-31, 05:31   Link #32
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
I blame the administrator of this site; I'm sorry...
Yup. That would be my fault. The file you provided wasn't formatted quite right for the codes the site supports -- not your fault really as you weren't to know. Unfortunately that pushed it down my list of things to do as it needed work and wasn't high-priority. It got lost amid other things and never done. I apologise. I could have asked you to update it, and with hindsight I probably should have.
Old 2006-07-31, 05:44   Link #33
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Corevorbis actually uses the same decoder as ffdshow (libvorbis) [EDIT: err, actually ffdshow uses libavcodec, but I stand by my claim ] – I would imagine you would be lucky to see a speed increase of any significance over ffdshow – I’ll be happy to test if you dispute this If you include this to help slow CPU users why not simply recommend mplayer? This would at least give a noticeable boost in decoding speed.

As to “macro tweaking” – surely your 20kb registry file to modify six settings also constitutes such? It would be much better to simply change what is needed seeing as users are installing on top of a clean ffdshow install instead.

Finally – although the aim of getting people to understand what they are doing is a good goal, I fear it will produce adverse side effects. There are a large percentage of people who will NOT want to bother with all the steps and configuration your guide requires and simply install something that does it all for them, which is hopefully the CCCP (:P), but just as likely to be K-Lite or ACE et al. While the CCCP does have “read the guide” stuck around everywhere – it’s usually not required, all you have to do is uninstall other stuff, install the CCCP. Thankfully these two steps are almost always quoted instead of simply the second – so there is little trouble with newbs installing over other packs. The CCCP forums attest to this.

edit:grammer, edit2:spellen'

Last edited by checkers; 2006-07-31 at 05:59.
Old 2006-07-31, 06:15   Link #34
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkers
I’ll be happy to test if you dispute this
I dispute. Please do. (EDIT: Use a run-down-by-time harddrive, perhaps 5 years old with 5400 RPM) I already did. Thus I used CoreVorbis. I even went through this with TheFluff a while back, testing the problem with CCCP on my old harddrive using ZoomPlayer at the time on various MKV with OGG Vorbis. And I already said this a few million times: I'm a man of practice. If something will work better than something else, I'll use the former. Thus the CoreVorbis solution.
Quote:
surely your 20kb registry file to modify six settings also constitutes such?
I never counted though, it felt more than that. But every setting requires more than one explaination before you can change it; more screenshots too. *shrug*
Quote:
although the aim of getting people to understand what they are doing is a good goal, I fear it will produce adverse side effects.
That is only your opinion.
Quote:
There are a large percentage of people who will NOT want to bother with all the steps and configuration your guide requires and simply install something that does it all for them
That is their problem. This guide was designed as an alternative to the overcommonly used CODEC pack solutions. It's not like AnimeSuki wants to rule the world with this guide.

P.S.: @Nicholi: My playback hasn't been broken for a very long time now.
Old 2006-07-31, 08:17   Link #35
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Quote:
And I already said this a few million times: I'm a man of practice. If something will work better than something else, I'll use the former. Thus the CoreVorbis solution.
I don't exactly know when you became a "man of practice", but it must have been just recently. I can still recall "zomg cccp" rants about how it didn't work, was broken, etc (as well as Matroska, softsubs, et al things declared bad by LytHka). All which were repeatably proven to just be plain ignorant troll babble. As you are unfortunately doing now. Too bad the old AnimeSuki forums were lost, otherwise we could quote all your glorious lines . However there is still plenty of your hypocrisy in your new posts, nothing much lost I guess. I think it is great that you believe a lone test has any semblance of meaning at all, not to mention your absurd conclusion. It's good to know we at least have a large group of testers who all try to colloborate and double check things when such decoding errors come up. Anyways, lets get right onto your post then shall we?

Quote:
1.) It's not my fault that the guide wasn't updated on the site. I kindly asked for it to be updated, I even put together a BB code formatted .txt so that it'd be a simple copy/paste update. I blame the......... blah blah blah boohoo
Essentially the reason for why the guide never should have been created in the first place. No one gave a shit except for the few trolls which needed to know what to do to not use the CCCP. Which is a perfectly reasonable bit of information to have around, and quite useful for the random people who like to believe in their feelings rather then their brains when dealing with software. Also why we have filled our wiki with tons of information about the pack and what is inside it. Unfortunately AnimeSuki, being the extremely upstanding ethical place that it is, jumped at the first chance to use something as a playback guide for all the new H.264/Matroska/Softsub stuff. Since at the time the excuse for not being able to officially endorse the CCCP was because it was hosted on KAA domain's, unethical baby killers. I find it quite amusing that so many influential AnimeSuki members recommend the CCCP now, whereas the official guide says "zomg no packs!" Just seems ass backwards to me.

Quote:
2.) http://www.froth-bite.com/forums/ind...pic,991.0.html is basically the same guide and it's updated!
Yay a copy of the "zormygod always works" guide. I recommended ASuki moves onto better means while linking to the updated guide. Grab someone who can compile ffdshow, actually stay updated in the world of video/audio/container playback, write a few words with pretty pictures and you have your own real guide. Instead of mindless LytHka drivel.

Quote:
3.) This guide is NOT the same as CCCP. It installs CoreVorbis which has a faster decoder than libavcodec is. A huge difference can be seen with older/slower harddrives, on which normal Vorbis playback is impossible using libavcodec (constant playback skipping). The decission to use it was a valid one. This is ignorance on the part of the CCCP crew for trying to keep their filter pack at a very small filesize.
Wow, really. I didn't realize that the speed of the drive had anything to do with decoding? Wanna run that by me again mr "man of practice." The decoder here is irrelevant since it does not control how how much data the drive buffers or not. The only time your drives speed or cache will matter is when it involves files of extremely large size (see bitrate) because they will not be able to read the data fast enough to even process it. Meaning if you couldn't even play audio on that HD, there is certainly no chance of ever playing a video from it. I'm calling this plain user error (see LytHka) for even trying to come up with a conclusion as to why libavcodec didn't work on his computer. Not only do I myself have a quite old Maxtor Diamondmax Plus40 20GB HD here (7200 RPM, 2MB cache, about 6 years old now) that works exceptionally fine on any video+audio file. But I also have an extremely old Seagate Medalist 10240 10GB drive (5400 RPM, 128KB cache, probably around 7-8 years old) that has no issue streaming the file over the network, which should only intensify the problem if one existed.

I blame the ignorance of the "LytHka Hoser Party" for running their mouths about things they don't even understand. If you were truly interested in Vorbis decoding speed you would have obviously chosen to use Tremor, amirite? Seeings how it is in fact the fastest vorbis decoder available, it was created for portable devices and uses only fixed point calculations. This whole libavcodec is broken for Vorbis decoding, to me just sounds like another lame excuse as to why "zormygawd can't use CCCP, vorbis decoding is broken!" Fortunately for us here in reality it holds no basis at all, except for on LytHka's likely broken hard drive.

Quote:
4.) Why are all... *khm* most CODEC packs "evil"? Because of their macro-like registry tweaking devices. Those can create mess, individual software installation can *hardly* do that to the system. The one .reg file that is provided with this Guide is for ffdshow's settings only (there is just too much of those).
In this regard, the updated guide is the absolute winner over all CODEC/filter packs.
About the complexity of this guide: It's true that without batch macro files and all that, the installation of the playback components isn't automated, however, even CCCP tries to appoint its users to reading their FAQ before installing it. And that FAQ isn't a small read either. I dare to say that most people don't read that FAQ, thus they install the thing over their playback setup. A preinstalled ffdshow + CCCP usually means big mess. Which isn't nice at all. Which isn't to say that it can't happen with this guide to the ones that don't read it and just click->download->install; the occurance of that happening is just less likely since a person sees "Guide" and not "Download press BOTTAN".
I'm not quite sure where you saw CCCP directing users to read the FAQ at all, unless you mean after they were already reading it. The only thing on the frontpage is Download, Wiki, Forum, Chat. It sure would be great if they read it beforehand, but the CCCP is most likely to work in all instances on its own. Leaving the only real time to read the Wiki/FAQ is when something doesn't work. Of course I'm sure you know what actually happens when you have one correctly installed version of ffdshow on a computer and then install another somewhere else, right LytHka? Certainly a man of practice wouldn't be making random statements now would he? Of course you know what really happens, you are afterall... LytHka Man of Practice (perhaps if we say it more it might become true!). Since the filters have the exact same clsid the old entries just get overwritten! Ohlawl good times, good times. Amirite LytHka? Nothing goes straight to hell unless your install was b0rked in the first place, in which case there is no awesome instant solution.

Funny too that you only say "most codec packs" here, but everyone else on the net you go ahead and include CCCP in your random arguements that no codec packs work. Perhaps you would like to re-educate your fellow anime fans about what is broken in the CCCP, like you did in the old days? Surely now that you have the title of Man of Practice, now would be the time.

Quote:
5.) .....
I see no real reason for recommending mplayer/VLC to Windows users other than to offer a bit of variety. I would like to unrecommend them both, even though their CPU usage is very low compared to the basic ffdshow+DShow player. If you're aiming for ultra low CPU usage for Windows, TCPMP betas with CoreAVC support are the way to go (I'm not really sure for its support of softsubs).
I would love to unrecommend LytHka as the self appointed savior of true (see hardcore) anime fans, but alas I don't think that is within my power. Of course you see no real reason to recommend mplayer to anyone on windows, thats because you are an ignorant trolling baffoon. Believe it or not folks tuning in at home, mplayer is extremely useful for any of you with slow CPUs (or hard drives) running any OS, though I assume most of you are windows users. It is the best in all aspects except H.264/AVC decoding, which CoreAVC clearly takes the cake for. VLC you just go ahead and unrecommend it, no one even recommends it to begin with.

Quote:
P.S.: @Nicholi: My playback hasn't been broken for a very long time now.
Good for you, here is your cookie! Fortunately no matter whether your car works or not doesn't mean the man behind the wheel isn't blooming nuts.

Last edited by Nicholi; 2006-07-31 at 08:27.
Old 2006-07-31, 08:30   Link #36
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

I was going to post some results here - but Nicholi outclassed me with netwark streaming and pointing out tremor.
Old 2006-07-31, 09:25   Link #37
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholi
Essentially the reason for why the guide never should have been created in the first place. No one gave a shit except for the few trolls which needed to know what to do to not use the CCCP.
You sound to me like the goal of CCCP was to be used by every person who wanted to play anime. That is of course utter bullshit and the reason why this guide came to be. To offer variety.
Quote:
Unfortunately AnimeSuki, being the extremely upstanding ethical place that it is, jumped at the first chance to use something as a playback guide for all the new H.264/Matroska/Softsub stuff. Since at the time the excuse for not being able to officially endorse the CCCP was because it was hosted on KAA domain's, unethical baby killers.
AnimeSuki hasn't been the "extremely upstanding ethical" place for a long time now. If it were, it would be banning DVD ripping group members/licensed fansubbers on sight when they presented their ideas. The lack of will/courage to set an equilibrium between illegal anime releases (however "ethical" they may be) and the North American industry on these forums is to blame on the moderators of the Fansub Groups forum. The whole "no 'licensed' fansubs" is just a necessary formality, anyway. But you already know that.
Quote:
I find it quite amusing that so many influential AnimeSuki members recommend the CCCP now, whereas the official guide says "zomg no packs!" Just seems ass backwards to me.
AnimeSuki members have influence?
Quote:
Grab someone who can compile ffdshow, actually stay updated in the world of video/audio/container playback, write a few words with pretty pictures and you have your own real guide.
I'm not exactly sure what your problem is. The software listed in the (updated) guide does the job well. What you're trying to prove with CCCP's own ffdshow is just that CCCP takes more time for their build, while the guide links to one on x264.nl. Personally, I see no real difference in performance between them. Perhaps you can list me a few features of CCCP's build that are actually *significantly* better? Granted, no VFW support which trims down filesize. Or is CCCP's build more stable? Who can verify that? Perhaps movax can tell us about the stability of CCCP and its components. I think he was the guy who created an Aegisub installer which wiped Windows' Add/Remove Programs list clean. (p.s.: I have nothing against movax, I'm only proving that even CCCP has the potential to make a fatal mistake.)
Quote:
If you were truly interested in Vorbis decoding speed you would have obviously chosen to use Tremor, amirite?
I did test Tremor at that time, thank you very much, and got the same results. I was kind of relieved at the time that CCCP's ffdshow build also didn't improve my Vorbis decoding. So, ffdshow's Vorbis filters didn't work right on my HDD, so I used something that worked. CoreVorbis! Marvelous, right? Also, OggDS, which was at the time still used by CCCP, worked, but it had OGM splitter support (Note: There are no unlicensed fansubs available in the OGM container), thus it was not appropriate for distribution on AnimeSuki (and Haali's splitter still didn't have the splitting support).
I don't think there's any problems with CoreVorbis, it's just a bigger install. Who knows... ffdshow's libavcodec may really *be* causing problems to other ffdshow users with their Vorbis decoding just like it was happening to poor LytHka, but since CCCP hates trolls, they decided to ignore it, especially since it adds more to the filesize of their final installer. n_n Ahh, I already hear DVD rippers shouting: "All hail small files! Sacrifice quality for the sake of small files!"

Old 2006-07-31, 09:27   Link #38
TheFluff

Argh! I certainly didn't mean to start a flamewar... but since it's here anyway... >_>

Noone's ever been able to reproduce LytHka's problem with Vorbis. We've had >1000 people who've asked us for help on the CCCP forums and God alone knows how many people in the IRC channel, and while there has been Vorbis issues, not a single one that I know of has been related to explicit libavcodec decoding bugs (most issues are related to using WaveOut instead of DirectSound).

There's been a lengthy discussion about adding CoreVorbis on the CCCP forums, but in the end we decided against it because there were no real reasons to switch to it.

EDIT:

Quote:
Granted, no VFW support which trims down filesize.
We do have the VfW part since 4 versions back. Everything is disabled by default though, but it's there if you want to use it.

Quote:
(Note: There are no unlicensed fansubs available in the OGM container)
Haven't we been over this before...?
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=44012&nonav=1

Old 2006-07-31, 09:36   Link #39
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
Haven't we been over this before...?
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=44012&nonav=1
Ahh, pardon me. It must have slipped out of my mind, probably because anime.fin is a DVD ripping group. No worries: Haali's Media Splitter does have that support now.
Old 2006-07-31, 10:13   Link #40
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Lets just face it LytHka you are plain full of shit, you aren't a "man of practice" no matter how much you call yourself that. Otherwise you would not randomly say whatever you want off the top of your head. Why don't we throw some more examples into the air.

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=10353&nonav=1

Or will you next question their true essence of being a fansubber? Maybe they did a few eps after it was licensed! Must ignore their tainted existence. It is too bad you can not come to the realization that you do not know everything, and what you think (and then write) does not make it true. There are plenty of more fansubs (actually translated) from groups that have DVDripped as well in OGM, but then of course we must ignore them because they do not enter into LytHka's version of the world.

Quote:
You sound to me like the goal of CCCP was to be used by every person who wanted to play anime. That is of course utter bullshit and the reason why this guide came to be. To offer variety.
The goal of the CCCP isn't to be used by everyone in the world. Playback support would be a pain, something you don't know about. Obviously you didn't read the parts of my post where I said

Quote:
Which is a perfectly reasonable bit of information to have around, and quite useful for the random people who like to believe in their feelings rather then their brains when dealing with software.
and
Quote:
I do agree that there should at least be information for fans to install components separately.
Why don't you start being a man of practice by reading other peoples posts completely. Read it twice if you need to in order for it to sink in.

Quote:
AnimeSuki hasn't been the "extremely upstanding ethical" place for a long time now.
Great, so they aren't ethical now according to the almighty LytHka's standards. I don't really care either way.

Quote:
AnimeSuki members have influence?
Umm yeah, they are called mods and other users that bring something constructive to the "community" (see GHDpro). You some kind of newb to the internets? If you are, then...WELCOME! People can influence what other people think about an idea, current event, project, anime series by writing about it. Now goto "Hello I'm a Newb 101 Help Me Use The Internets."

Quote:
Perhaps movax can tell us about the stability of CCCP and its components. I think he was the guy who created an Aegisub installer which wiped Windows' Add/Remove Programs list clean. (p.s.: I have nothing against movax, I'm only proving that even CCCP has the potential to make a fatal mistake.)
Lawl, good piece of work there gumshoe. Too bad you would totally fail as a detective in every right because you don't know the difference between a fact and a "LytHka fact." Movax doesn't compile ffdshow for the CCCP nor does he write the NSIS script or package it. Any other spiteful remarks? I'm sure we got time to go through all of them in order to just show how far you can stretch your imagination.

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what your problem is. The software listed in the (updated) guide does the job well. What you're trying to prove with CCCP's own ffdshow is just that CCCP takes more time for their build, while the guide links to one on x264.nl. Personally, I see no real difference in performance between them. Perhaps you can list me a few features of CCCP's build that are actually *significantly* better? Granted, no VFW support which trims down filesize. Or is CCCP's build more stable? Who can verify that?
Problem? No problem besides you showing up with bogus ideas about what does/does not work and of course generally spreading LytHka type misinformation. Why is the CCCP better? It is not an experimental build, it supports CPUs with only MMX instruction sets or above, it is tested rigorously by numerous individuals on multiple platforms/CPUs/etc, it sets options on default which are required for certain types of releases, it is assured to work specficially with files released by almost all groups. I mean seriously what ffdshow builders do you see making sure their build supports files which are released over the internet? None of them. They build from the same SVN as us though, and if you think that makes all ffdshow builds equal well then whoopty-do all ffdshow builds work automatically because LytHka says so.

As TheFluff pointed out VfW integration has been around awhile, would you like me to count that in months? What else you got for ammo against CCCP LytHka cause this is getting pretty weaksauce G-rated. You are barely forming cohesive sentences, it just seems to be a word, question mark, some more words and then another question mark, so on and so forth. Seriously if these are supposed to be rhetorical questions they really suck. Please stretch further into your imagination for reasons, maybe something like "CCCP version X was released on this date, which is a day on which many disasters have occured." Really you need to go further out into obscurity, maybe you will find something.