AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-25, 02:08   Link #1821
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Well, when you said that the postpone for the movie is for waiting Ohnogi to finish his work first, I guess it makes a bit of sense (although considering this FMA is going to be a full adaptation of the manga (yes, no FMA2, no?), which seem to reach the finale arc as of now, it's gonna be quite a work for him).

Although I would have to cross my finger and hope for the best until the staff list has been confirmed. If I see Ohnogi's name is not there... Perhaps I can only just dream that Brera would be given more action so that perhaps AltoxBrera ship may increase their fan amount

And hey, I actually re-watched TTGL ending 5 times while having my tissue on my side as always! I LOVE the ending so much that I began to ship SimonxNina after the ending lol Then again. didn't I like Gundam ZZ ending and original Gundam end too?

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-02-25 at 02:26.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 13:48   Link #1822
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Well, when you said that the postpone for the movie is for waiting Ohnogi to finish his work first, I guess it makes a bit of sense (although considering this FMA is going to be a full adaptation of the manga (yes, no FMA2, no?), which seem to reach the finale arc as of now, it's gonna be quite a work for him).

Although I would have to cross my finger and hope for the best until the staff list has been confirmed. If I see Ohnogi's name is not there... Perhaps I can only just dream that Brera would be given more action so that perhaps AltoxBrera ship may increase their fan amount

And hey, I actually re-watched TTGL ending 5 times while having my tissue on my side as always! I LOVE the ending so much that I began to ship SimonxNina after the ending lol Then again. didn't I like Gundam ZZ ending and original Gundam end too?
Don't worry, you're not the only one who enjoys endings with main character deaths. It's pretty epic but it has to be done right or else I'll hate it. The ending to CG was one of the best ones I've seen recently
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 14:30   Link #1823
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Don't worry, you're not the only one who enjoys endings with main character deaths. It's pretty epic but it has to be done right or else I'll hate it. The ending to CG was one of the best ones I've seen recently
Quite honestly, I also thought that Lelouches death scene was handled incredibly well... and I hate the character. But then again Code Geass was another type of show than Macross Frontier.
Old 2009-02-25, 16:27   Link #1824
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Quite honestly, I also thought that Lelouches death scene was handled incredibly well... and I hate the character. But then again Code Geass was another type of show than Macross Frontier.
I agree, even though they're both considered in the "Mecha" category, I don't like one more than the other. Surprisingly I seriously can't pick between the 2 because I enjoyed both for different reasons. Although I admit that CG's plot was more enticing, Macross Frontier kept me reeled in because of the music and eye candy moments (and Ranka of course ) xD
Old 2009-02-27, 15:15   Link #1825
ickem
シェリルの為に!

So according the the fan book we should learn more about Sheryl and Grace's past in CD drama. Also, the scene where Grace argues with Ranshe about the Vajra was extended in the novel. Mao comes and gets them to stop and Grace silently resents how Mao always seems treats her like a child while appearing to favor Ranshe. She had given up everything to focus on being a scientist while Ranshe has a family etc., yet it is Ranshe that Mao seems to respect.

There were hints of this in the last two episodes, but this makes it more concrete. A lot of villains seem to suffer from inferiority complexes.
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 15:23   Link #1826
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
So according the the fan book we should learn more about Sheryl and Grace's past in CD drama. Also, the scene where Grace argues with Ranshe about the Vajra was extended in the novel. Mao comes and gets them to stop and Grace silently resents how Mao always seems treats her like a child while appearing to favor Ranshe. She had given up everything to focus on being a scientist while Ranshe has a family etc., yet it is Ranshe that Mao seems to respect.

There were hints of this in the last two episodes, but this makes it more concrete. A lot of villains seem to suffer from inferiority complexes.
And a mommy complex? ^^
Old 2009-02-27, 23:38   Link #1827
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I finds it hard for mushroom head to have inferiority complex ^^ .. Except maybe his is smaller then Ozma .. Other then that, I have no idea
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 20:55   Link #1828
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Actually after seeing the fanbook (huzzah, customs D: ), I'm thinking about the relationship between Grace and Ranka's father. There is actually a line connecting them which is labelled "?". Thinking about it, why must they give the line? Is there something about Ranka's father and Grace's relationship that affect her thinking of Ranka's mom, Ranshe?

Old 2009-02-28, 21:30   Link #1829
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Ranka's daddy was cheating with Grace. ...Can't blame him though.
Old 2009-02-28, 21:34   Link #1830
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

That's a little tidbit that would make a hell of a world of sense towards explaining a bit of Grace's early anger. Oh, well... maybe it'll be in the movie? As if...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 21:43   Link #1831
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

I guess the only way to know about it is by hoping that the Drama CD would include it... And I'm sure that I'm gonna have a "fun" time were I managed to get ahold of the Drama CD ;_;

That, or the movie includes it. HIGHLY unlikely though D:

Old 2009-03-01, 02:43   Link #1832
magnuskn

@Raile: Why wouldn´t you blame him? Ranshe is pretty hot.

Of course, maybe she wubs the Vajra more than her man.
Old 2009-03-09, 19:13   Link #1833
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

HOLY CRUD! O_O

My joke turned out to be true...unless someone can confirm otherwise.
Apparently in the novel, Grace had jealousy issues with the fact that Mao seemed to always favor Ranshe. She also had an affair with Ranka's daddy.
Old 2009-03-09, 19:19   Link #1834
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
HOLY CRUD! O_O

Apparently in the novel, Grace had jealousy issues with the fact that Mao seemed to always favor Ranshe. She also had an affair with Ranka's daddy.
What?!? Wow, from where did you get this info? Interesting stuff.
Old 2009-03-09, 19:23   Link #1835
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
HOLY CRUD! O_O

See, this is the kind of stuff they should have devoted screen time to developing in the series! It adds so many dimensions to the main conflict.
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 19:31   Link #1836
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I am hardly surprised about the relationship between Grace and Ranshe though. Although I still wonder who is Ranka's father.

That lucky two-timer!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 22:20   Link #1837
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Oh, no name was ever given for Ranka's daddy He remains as no-name even until now. And no, he never appeared anywhere, only in one of the photo appearing in episode 13/14 (not sure, the part where Ranka got kidnapped and begin her first "contact" with vajra)

Actually what you have specified there is what the official fanbook list as "Triangle relationships". To sum all of the triangle relationships in Macross...:

1. Grace-Ranshe-Mao (Jealously-admiration issue)
2. Grace-Ranka's Dad-Ranshe (??? @ Grace-Ranka's dad relationship)
3. Ranka-Alto-Sheryl (LT, obviously)
4. Brera-Ranka-Alto ( "I will never give Ranka to you!" quoted from Brera. )
5. Luca->Nanase->Ranka (... Poor Luca )
6. Grace-Bilrer-(Macross Galaxy? Not sure abt the kanji)

... I think these are all? Lemme check the book back later if I missed some others D:

Btw raile, I have a lot of hunch that it was something like 'love affair' between Ranshe-Ranka Daddy-Grace Problem is, I dunno if it were Ranshe that snagged Ranka's daddy OR Ranka's daddy having an affair with Grace in the past, but broke off because he love Ranshe OR He cheated on Ranshe XD

Old 2009-03-09, 23:13   Link #1838
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Oh, no name was ever given for Ranka's daddy He remains as no-name even until now. And no, he never appeared anywhere, only in one of the photo appearing in episode 13/14 (not sure, the part where Ranka got kidnapped and begin her first "contact" with vajra)

Actually what you have specified there is what the official fanbook list as "Triangle relationships". To sum all of the triangle relationships in Macross...:

1. Grace-Ranshe-Mao (Jealously-admiration issue)
2. Grace-Ranka's Dad-Ranshe (??? @ Grace-Ranka's dad relationship)
3. Ranka-Alto-Sheryl (LT, obviously)
4. Brera-Ranka-Alto ( "I will never give Ranka to you!" quoted from Brera. )
5. Luca->Nanase->Ranka (... Poor Luca )
6. Grace-Bilrer-(Macross Galaxy? Not sure abt the kanji)

... I think these are all? Lemme check the book back later if I missed some others D:

Btw raile, I have a lot of hunch that it was something like 'love affair' between Ranshe-Ranka Daddy-Grace Problem is, I dunno if it were Ranshe that snagged Ranka's daddy OR Ranka's daddy having an affair with Grace in the past, but broke off because he love Ranshe OR He cheated on Ranshe XD
Thanks! Well this seems pretty interesting. It seems to me that Ranka's father probably fell in love with Ranshe and broke it off with Grace, at least that's how I would see it happening since Ranka's father and Ranshe had 2 children. I'd be skeptical about an affair between Grace and Ranka's father, I'm not saying it's not possible but I doubt anyone would want to be with such a...unstable woman like Grace XD
Old 2009-03-10, 00:24   Link #1839
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
She also had an affair with Ranka's daddy.
Heh, a prediction I made a few months ago came true. My plot bunnies are awesome.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 07:40   Link #1840
Kikuchi

This is quite interesting and add to Grace's motives, but like someone else said, it really should have been put in the series, not in some side material >_<
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance