AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-06-26, 02:30   Link #881
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
I have done step 2 in the other tutorial but I'm stucked at step 3.

3. You can now remove the background layer to get a completely transparent background, or create a gradient from color to transparency. You are only limited by your imagination. To demonstrate the capabilities of alpha transparency, we'll make a soft glow in the background around our Wilber.

How do I remove the background layer to get a completely transparent background? Sorry for being so noob since this is my first time trying to learn on how to do sigs.
Old 2008-06-26, 02:39   Link #882
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
I have done step 2 in the other tutorial but I'm stucked at step 3.

3. You can now remove the background layer to get a completely transparent background, or create a gradient from color to transparency. You are only limited by your imagination. To demonstrate the capabilities of alpha transparency, we'll make a soft glow in the background around our Wilber.

How do I remove the background layer to get a completely transparent background? Sorry for being so noob since this is my first time trying to learn on how to do sigs.
You simply select the background and press delete key or something, leaving no color or anything(white included). Checkerboard pixies indicates it is transparent. Once you get that done, just save it in PNG format and yea. Just use common sense and that is all there is to it, Photoshop is about common sense.
Old 2008-06-26, 04:24   Link #883
Photonbeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
You simply select the background and press delete key or something, leaving no color or anything(white included). Checkerboard pixies indicates it is transparent. Once you get that done, just save it in PNG format and yea. Just use common sense and that is all there is to it, Photoshop is about common sense.
I wanted to make this image's background to disappear so I tried and this is what happened.

Spoiler for First one.:

Those checkerboard boxes appeared and after I save it to a .png file this is what happens.

Spoiler for My effort to get rid of the background.:

Before I saved this image, those checkerboard boxes appeared at the edges of this image. After I save it I got those black edges.

Spoiler for Another try:

I am using GIMP.

How do I make the sig above appear without the white background so when I use it, it will have the rounded borders without the white background?

Last edited by Photonbeam; 2008-06-26 at 10:42.
Photonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 14:23   Link #884
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Photonbeam: Like I said, it's most likely a hacked version. The Script-Fu is placed in the same area in GIMPshop, which is a hacked version of GIMP.

For the transparency, click the eye on the background layer, and delete the background layer. Save it in PNG format. I have no idea what is with the black edges, as I don't get that result when I save in PNG format. Would you mind giving me a screenshot of GIMP to explain more?

Edit: Oh, and if possible could you send me a GIMP xcf file including all the layers of your sig?
Old 2008-06-26, 18:17   Link #885
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

This thread needs more animation tutorials

How to make a flying object in the wind

---

Difficulty: easy--medium (you should have basic knowledge of animations)
Time: several minutes

---

Step 1: Choose your existing image you want to animate. I'll show this on a pure black background for better view.

Step 2: Download or create brushes you want to animate. In this tutorial perfect thigs are either a feather, piece of paper, leaves, cherry blossom leaves, flowers ... or even baseball balls!

I'll just choose a feather here, since I've done some thing like this in the past

Step 3: Start the animation by putting the object on the side you want it to start. For better quality, you only should put a half of the object on the layer.

Step 4: Now create a dozen of layers on which you will slowly move the object to the center.

Quote:
Alternative, from Isley:

Create two frames. For the second frame move the feather to the point where you want to have it, (here: short before of the circle the feather makes). Mark the two frames and press "tween" then tell it how many layers...
Same for the rest after the circle.
If there are more layers it will save a lot of time and there's not the problem that one of the feathers can be out of line. So you can do a smotther animation with even less effort.

Step 5: Now we will do a circle animation to add a nice and unique touch. When you reach the center, or the point on which you want to start the cirle, duplicate the last layer before that. Now press CTRL + T (Free Transformation) and rotate the object up.

Step 6: Use the above step to complete the circle with other layers.

Step 7: Now we're at the end. Just do what you did at the begining, but instead of moving the object to the center, move it to the end of the image.

Step 8: Piece the layers together, add a good delay and you should get something like this:

Remember, the more layers and less distance between the layers equals a more smoother animation.

---

You can do this animation with everything you find suitable, you just need a different brush. Maybe you even want to animate a baseball ball outtricking the striker so he would miss

Last edited by Eps~; 2008-06-29 at 08:59. Reason: Added Isley's description.
Eps~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 00:41   Link #886
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

How do I add new brushes to my Photoshop?
Old 2008-06-27, 00:47   Link #887
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
How do I add new brushes to my Photoshop?
You simply find the brush directory and extract/paste/move the brush file there, or you can click on the brush menu and load brush simply up to you. I prefer using brush directory method. Here is a simple tutorial for adding brush brought to you by Google.
Old 2008-06-27, 01:01   Link #888
Photonbeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeyice View Post
Photonbeam: Like I said, it's most likely a hacked version. The Script-Fu is placed in the same area in GIMPshop, which is a hacked version of GIMP.

For the transparency, click the eye on the background layer, and delete the background layer. Save it in PNG format. I have no idea what is with the black edges, as I don't get that result when I save in PNG format. Would you mind giving me a screenshot of GIMP to explain more?

Edit: Oh, and if possible could you send me a GIMP xcf file including all the layers of your sig?
Here is the screenshot.

Spoiler for Screenshot:
Old 2008-06-27, 02:10   Link #889
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You simply find the brush directory and extract/paste/move the brush file there, or you can click on the brush menu and load brush simply up to you. I prefer using brush directory method. Here is a simple tutorial for adding brush brought to you by Google.
I treied to load the brush but this message apeared

Old 2008-06-27, 02:15   Link #890
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Not the method's fault, Simply nothing you can do if it is incompatible unless; of course you get the compatible version though but most of the brush should be compatible.
Old 2008-06-27, 03:30   Link #891
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

The best thing to do is, google the brushes, along with your photoshop version prefix.

Example: photoshop 7 brushes, photoshop cs3 vector brushes, etc. That way all the brushes you will find should work for your version.
Old 2008-06-27, 12:40   Link #892
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Not the method's fault, Simply nothing you can do if it is incompatible unless; of course you get the compatible version though but most of the brush should be compatible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps~ View Post
The best thing to do is, google the brushes, along with your photoshop version prefix.

Example: photoshop 7 brushes, photoshop cs3 vector brushes, etc. That way all the brushes you will find should work for your version.
Yes I have the 7.0 version, I supose that the brushesI wanted were not compatible

Thank to bothand have cookies

EDIT: unlessI can give it to Eps~ again
Old 2008-06-28, 19:15   Link #893
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
Here is the screenshot.

Spoiler for Screenshot:
Hmmm. I used the rectangle tool with rounded edges, hid the background layer, deleted the background layer, and saved it in PNG format and had no problems. No black edges. It may be a problem with your version of GIMP/The version of GIMP on the type of PC you are using.
Old 2008-06-30, 06:57   Link #894
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Hi, I has read the first post about how to open a file with the extension .mkv, .mp4, .h264, .x264 etc... using Avisynth. But it still a bit confusing for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
Open notepad program. Then add:

DirectShowSource("C:\location to file\filename with extention")

Example:

DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\Video Old\[Arienai_-_Conclave]_Ginban_Kaleidoscope_-_04_[H264_-_AAC][7DCB1A58].mp4")

Then: Save file /all file types/ save file as: video.avs

Now open virtualdub, and drag that video.avs file onto that virtualdub window to run the script.
I don't know where is that notepad file were mentioned above. Btw, the AviSynth folder i got have 4 sub-folders, 2 text and 1 uninstall file.

Thank 1st for answers
Old 2008-06-30, 07:02   Link #895
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You just randomly create it where so ever you wish, pending on your personal taste and mood at the time.
You are simply creating a script and feeding it to avisith, nothing less nothing more.

Hope this answers your question.
Old 2008-06-30, 08:51   Link #896
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

To say the truth, it didn't answer my question. But thank to your answer, i figured out what i have to do (and it worked). So still thank a lot =]

I was confused because when he mentioned "notepad program", i thought there is a file in Avisynth called "notepad". And when he said "add ....", i expect there is a small tab called 'add' in that notepad program
Old 2008-06-30, 11:08   Link #897
Photonbeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
To say the truth, it didn't answer my question. But thank to your answer, i figured out what i have to do (and it worked). So still thank a lot =]

I was confused because when he mentioned "notepad program", i thought there is a file in Avisynth called "notepad". And when he said "add ....", i expect there is a small tab called 'add' in that notepad program
Here is the answer. I had the same problem as yours 2 days ago.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...?t=642&page=36
Old 2008-06-30, 21:39   Link #898
Photonbeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeyice View Post
Hmmm. I used the rectangle tool with rounded edges, hid the background layer, deleted the background layer, and saved it in PNG format and had no problems. No black edges. It may be a problem with your version of GIMP/The version of GIMP on the type of PC you are using.
The example you gave me had a black background. Can you have it without the black background.
Old 2008-07-01, 14:02   Link #899
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

More animation!

Animated background - music beats

---

Difficulty: easy--medium (you should have basic knowledge of photoshop/animations)

---

I'll show you a quick tutorial on how to make this style animated background:

---

Step 1: First of all we will make a new pattern. As an example, I will make a 30 × 10 px background, fill it with cyan colour and make a white border. Remember you can choose any colour because later you can always change it.

Step 2: To complete the patern, simply select the image you just made and go to Edit > Define Patern and just choose a name for it.

Step 3: Since our pattern is 30 × 10, we have to make a fitting layer on which we will apply it. Create a new image and choose the size 120 × 80. Now select your paint bucket tool and choose pattern on the top. If you don't know where to choose patterns, click here. Fill your image with the patter we created earlier. You should get something like this:

Step 4: We have our basic layer done, so lets move to the animation. Grab the magic wand tool and start selecting the cyan boxes. Generally you should select a different number of boxes in each collum starting from top to bottom. Once you have selected some of them, fill them with white.

Step 5: Now duplicate the layer and lets repeat the above step, but this time we will choose a white box above where you finished in your previous step. Fill the new boxes with your chosen colour, mine is cyan.

Step 6: Use the above 2 steps on as many layers as you want. Then create new frames and select 1 layer on each frame. The time delay between layers should be 0,1s. You should get something like this

Step 7: The animation is done, from here on you can spice up the sig as you want. For example, you can add another pattern layer, change the perspective, etc. This is my finished pruduct

---

You can do this animation with everything you find suitable, just change the patterns. Hopefully this tutorial was helpful and gave you new ideas to experiment with animation.

Last edited by Eps~; 2008-07-01 at 18:47. Reason: minor spelling mistakes
Eps~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 15:32   Link #900
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Weapon flash part I: Render

---

Difficulty: medium (you should have basic knowledge of animations)

---

This is what we'll be doing:

You will be able to do the above animation on any kind of solid object you want, guns, axes, cars, etc.

---

Step 1: At the start we need to make the gradient needed for this animation. Your colours should be on default (D) - black foreground and white background. Make a new image twice the size of the render on which you will apply the animation. Since my original render was 300 × 120, I will make the new image 600 × 240. On the new image, select the reflect gradient and on a 45° angel in the middle of the image, make the gradient. For more help, see bellow images:

Step 2: Back to our render. Only select the weapon you are working on, copy and make a new layer out of it.

Step 3: Duplicate the weapon layer. Now on the layer, select the weapon using the magic wand tool. Back in the gradient image, copy it and paste it into the selected weapon render (CTRL+SHIFT+V). You should get something like this:

Step 4: Move the gradient on the weapon to the start:

Step 5: You have the basic idea. Create a number of layers and repeat the above steps, but this time place them all over the weapon area, starting from left to right (or vice versa). Remember to select the weapon with the magic tool and copy into the selected area. How many you need depends on the size of the weapon layer. Once you have everything covered, it should look like this:

Step 6: On each gradient weapon layer, change the blending option to screen, which will eventually get you this:

Step 7: Now animate the render. Tween it or do it with your prefered style. (each weapon gradient layer in each frame):

---

Like I mentioned before, you can use this flash on any solid object you wish - be creative

Weapon flash part II: Reflections

Tags
avatar, graphic, photoshop, signature