AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-09, 18:38   Link #21
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
...this really makes me sad. First Queen's Blade, then Kanokon, and NOW THIS?!? Why the bloody flip are all the terrible and ecchi anime getting second seasons when there are anime that are SO MUCH BETTER than this actually deserve a second season!
Um, because they announced a possible second season at the end of anime.

But i agree with some crappy animes, like Haruhi. That DID NOT deserve a second season.

Still waiting for that Mushi-uta second season btw.

Anyways, another 12 eps sound like a good idea. Although, how much plot can they fit into that amount of time? We did dance a bit through in season 1.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 18:48   Link #22
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
...this really makes me sad. First Queen's Blade, then Kanokon, and NOW THIS?!? Why the bloody flip are all the terrible and ecchi anime getting second seasons when there are anime that are SO MUCH BETTER than this actually deserve a second season!
I agree that there are anime that deserve a second season but in no way should Sekirei be lumped in with Queen's Blade. For one its far from terrible, yes its ecchi but the storyline is indepth and not just eye candy. I dont know if you watched s1 or read the manga but you might want to before you say its "terrible"
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 18:49   Link #23
animeboy12

Quote:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...er=asc&start=0

ugh...............
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 18:56   Link #24
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
I'm speculating that the series will do 32 episodes for season 2 and possible season 3 as well.
Are you crazy? The manga doesn't even have that much material, with a new arc starting and all.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:55   Link #25
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Are you crazy? The manga doesn't even have that much material, with a new arc starting and all.
Are you high? The manga has nine volumes and I'm sure we will have some fillers at that point plus the creator want's to continue this series for an very long time.
Old 2009-08-09, 20:03   Link #26
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Are you high? The manga has nine volumes and I'm sure we will have some fillers at that point plus the creator want's to continue this series for an very long time.
There is no way they would air season 2 and season 3 at the same time. I mean isn't already obvious that the season will be the usual 12 episodes? Why would you air everything at once, and besides I really don't think they could even air more than 36+ episodes at the moment. Keep it in to account that when you said 9 volumes, SOME of those VOLUMES were already covered in Season 1.
Old 2009-08-09, 20:13   Link #27
Shadow Kira01

A second season!?

Wow.. Perhaps, I should finish watching the first season. I didn't really like it but there must be a good reason why its so popular.

Quote:
Spoiler for off-topic:
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 21:45   Link #28
LKK

Hey guys, could you lay off talking about who still needs to be winged and how and when it happens, etc? Especially in open text? Those qualify as spoilers. And I, for one, would rather find out the who, how, when, etc. when winging and stuff actually happens by watching the show rather than through your posts.

Thank you.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 22:07   Link #29
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Sure the manga has nine volumes, but when the first series used material up to CHAPTER 51 to fill 12 episodes, then we might have a problem.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 22:09   Link #30
kakakka

They'll do fillers. I think that is sure going to happen.

Though I'm happy for the second season. Wonder how they'll do this time.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 22:12   Link #31
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Hey guys, could you lay off talking about who still needs to be winged and how and when it happens, etc? Especially in open text? Those qualify as spoilers. And I, for one, would rather find out the who, how, when, etc. when winging and stuff actually happens by watching the show rather than through your posts.

Thank you.
My apologies, I assumed people that watch have already read the manga up to date. Didn't realize there was people still in the dark...added spoiler tags
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 23:46   Link #32
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Um, because they announced a possible second season at the end of anime.

But i agree with some crappy animes, like Haruhi. That DID NOT deserve a second season.

Still waiting for that Mushi-uta second season btw.

Anyways, another 12 eps sound like a good idea. Although, how much plot can they fit into that amount of time? We did dance a bit through in season 1.
se1 haruhi was rather good imo. but they totally butchered the endless eight arc. if they used only 3 eps for that arc then se2 shouldve gone pretty well.

they should probably have enough fro 12 ep for se2 anyway. they could probably show more detail in the fight with lesser known sekirei to carry it out to ep12.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 01:46   Link #33
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Sure the manga has nine volumes, but when the first series used material up to CHAPTER 51 to fill 12 episodes, then we might have a problem.
When you consider how much they skipped though, they have plenty to work with. They can get 3-4 eps out of just picking up the loose threads they left behind before they have to go into material published after season 1
Old 2009-08-10, 02:29   Link #34
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Omg , don't compare Queen's blade , Kanokon with Sekirei .
Queen's blade its very Fanservice with BOOBS and nudes females .
Kanokon its very Fanservice with Cockteases .
Sekirei its have a fanservice but at least there are a good plot , action etc .....

Anyway , finally the S2 is announced .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 07:12   Link #35
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Saying this once. No manga spoilers at all even if its tagged. If it wasn't shown in s1 its a spoiler. This thread is anime only.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 17:53   Link #36
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
se1 haruhi was rather good imo. but they totally butchered the endless eight arc. if they used only 3 eps for that arc then se2 shouldve gone pretty well.

they should probably have enough fro 12 ep for se2 anyway. they could probably show more detail in the fight with lesser known sekirei to carry it out to ep12.
Maybe for your tastes, but to me, Haruhi was (crap), everything wise except char. design.

And we have 30 chapters left, who knows, maybe some anime original can fill in some gaps.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 17:59   Link #37
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Maybe for your tastes, but to me, Haruhi was (crap), everything wise except char. design.

And we have 30 chapters left, who knows, maybe some anime original can fill in some gaps.
true, everyone has their own opinion. i havent really seen many bad anime aside from dragonauts. i did give up on 1 or 2 series ie crystal blaze (slow plot). im not expecting much from se2 haruhi since they messed up the first 9 eps. though sekirei se2 should be interesting now that the battles are ramping up to the next stages.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 21:52   Link #38
velvet nightmare

ep 1-10 of the first season was pretty good up to until the point where they started helping the other 2 guys escape, man that was painful to watch. the plot device was just way too obvious staring right at your face. minato gets himself into a pinch because of his own stupidity and somehow everyone ends up better off because yume comes back from the grave to save the day.

in any case is S2 going to catch up to manga material? dont know how far ahead it is
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 04:33   Link #39
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
begone! though seriously, it's just a matter of perception, if you hate it that much, there's really no point in posting such messages in different forums. I mean I doubt you're convincing anyone here

Quote:
Let's keep the fillers at a minimum please

I wasn't too fond of S1's ending. It wasn't bad, but the manga version was nicer imho. So personally I'd rather them keep mostly aligned to the original.

About whether they'll have enough material, it's all a matter of pacing. S1's pacing was really really fast, and that's why they covered that much chapters. I doubt they'd do that again in S2. I think that was the case in S1 simply because they didn't have anywhere else to make a pause.

However, S2 does seem to have a logical place to make a season ender that wouldn't take too many chapters.

So my guess is that S2 will cover something like:
1.) Filler for Kazehana's story (they have to show the apron scene! they have to or we'll rage in here)
2.) Some filler for Yukari
3.) Probably everything from the bridge arc to Kagari's story

Well in any case, that's just my wishful thinking. I just don't want too much anime-original plot. Change in details are fine but not plot

Right, I forgot to say, "Hell Yeah!"

So is there a date already for it?
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 04:42   Link #40
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
So is there a date already for it?
Well it's definitely not going to be this upcoming Fall season since Seven Arcs already have two series in White Album 2 and Asura Cryin 2 airing that season. In addition to the Nanoha movie they're working on. Probably Winter 2010 which will also have Omamori Himari airing than. Would be a good season for fans of action harems.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, seinen