AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-04, 06:58   Link #41
HoboGod
Necromancer

Well, i just watched the first 3 eps by DeathSquad and this seems really funny. i hope a another fansub group picks this up tho. i'd really like to know what the lyrics are to the OP and there are quite a few jokes that I think got lost in translation.

as for the show itself, this really could be another Excel Saga for me. There are alot of great parodies, alot of fast-pace slapstick, some hularious character development, and the ero-humor is just priceless. XD

one thing that was truely disturbing tho was when Onsokumaru and the Sasuke ninjas started imitating ecchi girls.
Old 2004-08-04, 07:18   Link #42
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Is it just me or is Onsokumaru damn annoying? He talks or shouts non-stop and can't stand still for one second. I also hate his voice.

Otherwise it's a very funny show.
Old 2004-08-04, 07:38   Link #43
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka
Is it just me or is Onsokumaru damn annoying? He talks or shouts non-stop and can't stand still for one second. I also hate his voice.
i like him. he reminds me of Master Shake from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. ^_^
Old 2004-08-04, 20:47   Link #44
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

This series gets old pretty quick . A lot of the jokes and gags in episode 3 didn't have that much of an effect on me. Or maybe ep 3 was just a unfunny ep. 2 had its moments, like after the sasuke's threw the shurikens. Hehe "they were made of metal ."
Old 2004-08-04, 21:19   Link #45
randall
Ayu Staff

Ayu has released ep1 ^^
enjoy =D
Old 2004-08-04, 21:50   Link #46
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Personal take on this show- Random and frenetic mash that'll time me over till someone has the will to sub season 4 of Galaxy Angels. [Is no one working on this???!!!]

Shinobu very cute though
Old 2004-08-05, 00:16   Link #47
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro
isn't obvious? the show isn't like hunter X hunter. so it's a bad show.

but i can understand that some people don't like the humor of this series. i had a hard time to find some of the jokes funny. but then some scenes were just too damn funny (for example in episode 1:where shinobu calls for her helper onsokumaru and TRIES to whistle. that alone was funny, but onsokumaro actually can hear her failed atempt at whistling through the night, just to keep bouncing against the closed window like a stupid fly. oh, so hillarious. )
lol no

maybe I was in a bad mood when I watched it but that potato thingy really got on my nerves. strangely I was looking forward to episode 2 towards the end of episode 1 after he got smacked down. I think the show would have been funnier without that thing
Old 2004-08-05, 13:52   Link #48
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Wow, ep 4 rekindled my faith in this series. Fan service, warm fuzzy sappy romance, and a whole lot of really wrong jokes in 4-1, best episode yet . Onsokumaro is still pretty annoying, but Sasukes/random generic ninjas are so awesome at times they more than make up for it.
Old 2004-08-05, 14:08   Link #49
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I didn't like Miyabi character at first, but she was so funny in episode 4.
Old 2004-08-05, 14:09   Link #50
Bullsquat
Strange Love

This show is not as random as Bou~bobo but its still pretty nonsensical, and bizarre, and yes it's pretty damn hilarious.

I've only seen 2 episodes as of today and I'm downloading 3 & 4 right this instant. But yeah, if you want to compare this anime to any other that's out there, it would prolly be Bou~bobo. So I guess people who are not into spontaneous jokes that makes no sense whatsoever are prolly not going to enjoy this show as much.

As for me, this is IMO the funniest show of the summer, and prolly up there with Bou~bobo as the funniest show of the year.
Old 2004-08-05, 14:36   Link #51
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
This show is not as random as Bou~bobo but its still pretty nonsensical, and bizarre, and yes it's pretty damn hilarious.

I've only seen 2 episodes as of today and I'm downloading 3 & 4 right this instant. But yeah, if you want to compare this anime to any other that's out there, it would prolly be Bou~bobo. So I guess people who are not into spontaneous jokes that makes no sense whatsoever are prolly not going to enjoy this show as much.

As for me, this is IMO the funniest show of the summer, and prolly up there with Bou~bobo as the funniest show of the year.
Personally I like this show better than Boubobobo (etc...), that show is just a little bit too random.
Old 2004-08-05, 15:57   Link #52
Spaceghost

Cromartie was pretty random.

Onsokumaru is the best character though!
Old 2004-08-05, 16:23   Link #53
MrMoron

So, there's a town called "Eromanga" in Australia. LMAO!
Old 2004-08-05, 16:47   Link #54
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
haha, thats pretty strange name for a city. This show is definatly alot of fun to do, I can't wait for more episodes =p
Old 2004-08-05, 22:39   Link #55
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Personal take on this show- Random and frenetic mash that'll time me over till someone has the will to sub season 4 of Galaxy Angels. [Is no one working on this???!!!]

Shinobu very cute though
This show reminded me of GA too, it might even be more insane. I love it though, this and Keroro Gunso are the funniest shows I've seen this year. There are just too many laugh out loud parts to list. I hope it goes 26 episodes, it'll be too short if it ends at 13--does anyone know how long this is supposed to run?
Old 2004-08-06, 00:23   Link #56
usbport
Universal Serial Bus

This is one of the most hilarious scenes i've ever seen, it's a classic:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-06, 01:23   Link #57
arkee

I LOOOVE this anime... LOL. It's already funny without the Naruto nack but with it... it's just too awesome!!! Must-see anime guys!!!
Old 2004-08-06, 02:44   Link #58
usbport
Universal Serial Bus

I also think that Shinobu "plays for the other team"...

Here's the evidence so far, I think it's pretty compelling:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-06, 06:29   Link #59
Lance

Wow... a really funny anime!

It's been a while since I've laughed this much.

I really love the OP song, especially when Shinobu shouts;
"ICHI! NI! SAN! SHI!" "EIYA! EIYA!"
Old 2004-08-06, 07:36   Link #60
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbport
This is one of the most hilarious scenes i've ever seen, it's a classic:
Spoiler:

Quote:
I also think that Shinobu "plays for the other team"...
All the better reason for everyone to watch this series.

Last edited by Green²; 2004-08-06 at 07:38. Reason: spoiler tags
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, seinen