AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-22, 16:59   Link #1
TheWolfBunny
The Digital Time Lord

New Smash Bros. For Wii U And 3DS

On E3 2011, I've officially heard there's going to be a fourth Super Smash Brothers video game on the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS. It was rumored to be titled "Super Smash Bros. Strife". But futhermore, in my opinion, I think it should be called, "Super Smash Bros. Universe". For the new game, I think everyone who is returning from Brawl should keep their designs. Dr. Mario, Pichu, Mewtwo, Roy, and Young Link should be having a comeback as well. There should be some newcomers I think who is going to be on the next game. There will be a Capcom character to be on the next game. I vote for Ryu! And I think for the next Smash Bros., Luigi, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Ness should retire from being unlockables, and they should automatically join the new game. The Final Smashes can still be on the next Smash Brothers. For newcomers to be on the next Smash Brothers, I vote for Master Cheif from Halo. What do you want for the next Smash Brothers? And who do you want to be on the new game?
Old 2011-06-22, 17:02   Link #2
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

how about jigglypuff not be in the game at all, and give the space to a actual interesting character. and if you disagree, i'll SHOOT YOU! XP
Old 2011-06-22, 17:13   Link #3
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfBunny View Post
On E3 2011, I've officially heard there's going to be a fourth Super Smash Brothers video game on the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS. It was rumored to be titled "Super Smash Bros. Strife". But futhermore, in my opinion, I think it should be called, "Super Smash Bros. Universe". For the new game, I think everyone who is returning from Brawl should keep their designs. Dr. Mario, Pichu, Mewtwo, Roy, and Young Link should be having a comeback as well. There should be some newcomers I think who is going to be on the next game. There will be a Capcom character to be on the next game. I vote for Ryu! And I think for the next Smash Bros., Luigi, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Ness should retire from being unlockables, and they should automatically join the new game. The Final Smashes can still be on the next Smash Brothers. For newcomers to be on the next Smash Brothers, I vote for Master Cheif from Halo. What do you want for the next Smash Brothers? And who do you want to be on the new game?
"Strife" is an interesting name- I could care less about what the game is called. Just to point it out, but those characters are from Melee. I had heard of the rumours to work with Capcom on this project, and I'd vote for their blue bomber himself, Mega Man. I really disliked the final smashes- we always turned off items in general for a fair fight. As for Master Chief- I'm sorry, but just no. Not only is he with Microsoft, but I just cannot see any way that this guy would be fair in a fight.

If you want little tribute characters, then the little in-battle trophies were okay. I liked how Lyndis, Nintendogs, Mr. Resetti and other little characters were allowed into the game this way. Suggestions? First, be sure to learn from Metroid: Other M's mistakes and keep Samus a silent character- that's what made her compelling! Any of the Castlevania protagonists could be a nice addition to the roster, but only pick one, I say. As for Capcom, Mega Man doesn't have to be their only entry; Street Fighter or even Final Fight characters could work decently well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
how about jigglypuff not be in the game at all, and give the space to a actual interesting character. and if you disagree, i'll SHOOT YOU! XP
May I receive my bullet in my left temple? Jigglypuff was bland yes, but I could also pull off combos that would literally send you flying off the screen if you gave me an opportunity to hit you. Then again, it was like that with most characters. Like it or not, Smash Bros. was pretty unbalanced. Sure, there's a handicap option which works, but I sure wouldn't want to have that degrading my victories. 'Tis better than not being able to move though.
Old 2011-06-22, 17:23   Link #4
TheWolfBunny
The Digital Time Lord

For the next Super Smash Brothers, uh... Shadow, Amy Rose, and Silver should be on the new game.
Old 2011-06-22, 17:30   Link #5
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Very unlikely, but we can hope, right?
Old 2011-06-22, 17:35   Link #6
TheWolfBunny
The Digital Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Very unlikely, but we can hope, right?
Sure! Who do YOU want to be on the next Smash Brothers? Anime girls?
Old 2011-06-22, 17:51   Link #7
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:

fanmail. I hope that would be answered.

Quote:
Sure! Who do YOU want to be on the next Smash Brothers? Anime girls?
Yes. Definitely. Or they can make it a separate game.
Old 2011-06-22, 17:52   Link #8
TheWolfBunny
The Digital Time Lord

I wonder if the Brawl announcer will stay.
Old 2011-06-22, 17:54   Link #9
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Id like no toon link but rather twilight princess link with two forms (like Zelda) Wolf and Human Link.
Old 2011-06-22, 17:58   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
May I receive my bullet in my left temple? Jigglypuff was bland yes, but I could also pull off combos that would literally send you flying off the screen if you gave me an opportunity to hit you. Then again, it was like that with most characters. Like it or not, Smash Bros. was pretty unbalanced. Sure, there's a handicap option which works, but I sure wouldn't want to have that degrading my victories. 'Tis better than not being able to move though.
Yes you can *fires* be lucky you did not mention a certain winged boy who's very existance drove me nuts in that game.

pretty much... 3:30

Old 2011-06-22, 18:00   Link #11
TheWolfBunny
The Digital Time Lord

There should be different taunts in the new game by the way.
Old 2011-06-22, 18:26   Link #12
Kyuu
=^^=

Man - and I barely played the Wii edition...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 18:43   Link #13
TheWolfBunny
The Digital Time Lord

Somebody should bring anime characters in this game!
Old 2011-06-22, 19:00   Link #14
GDB

Not going to happen. If you want an anime/manga fighter like that, go get Jump Ultimate Stars. This is for Nintendo characters and characters on the Nintendo system that they feel are worth the money to slap into it.

As for characters, Lucario is obviously out. Some new Pokemon from GenV will take his place. No idea if Pokemon Trainer will stick around with the Kanto starters. Hard to say what'll happen to Toon Link, but he'll probably stay. Link himself will likely be represented by either the HD Demo version or the Skyward Sword version.

Curious what they'll do with the Fire Emblem characters. Marth is obviously staying since he's so popular. Ike, though? He's not a new character, and technically he's not the most recent Fire Emblem leader (Marth is). Could he be removed in favor of Sigurd, to promote a Fire Emblem 4 3DS game (conjecture, since they've released FE1 and FE3 on the DS, don't assume this to be happening)? MAKE IT SO, NINTENDO!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 19:03   Link #15
TheWolfBunny
The Digital Time Lord

Well, technically, I want Namco characters to be in there.
Old 2011-06-22, 22:55   Link #16
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

For the title I'm putting my money down on "Super Smash Bros. Scuffle". Just think of synonyms for "fight".

Whoever dares say that Jigglypuff should be removed is crazy. She has one of the best aerial-based fighting styles in the entire series. I loved smacking down on those who underestimated her. Her final smash on small stages was incredibly devastating too.

Lucario's probably gonna be replaced by Zoroark. Lucario already had a similar moveset to Mewtwo so they'd just have to do a little editing to make it suit the Pokemon more.

In the case of Marth, maybe they'll finally give him a dubbed voice since the remake of his game was released outside Japan?

This game is still VERY far away from seeing completion though since it's been stated that they only announced it now because they need to gather a development team for the game. Kind of like the situation with Brawl where it was announced before Sakurai even knew he was gonna make a third game.

It's several years away so there's little point in getting too hyped about it right now, but it is fun making guesses about what it'll be like.
Old 2011-06-22, 23:32   Link #17
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Do we all agree on Pit should be left out atleast?
Old 2011-06-22, 23:43   Link #18
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Y'know.... as long as they keep Snake in, I'm all happy to get this new game. As for Capcom characters I would like to see....

-Megaman (Megaman EXE is just as good)
-Viewtiful Joe

Gimme one of those, and I'm all for the game. How long till we have another Super Smash Bros. Dojo again~?
Old 2011-06-22, 23:49   Link #19
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Mega Man EXE was an isometric/panel battle game, so I dunno how they could adapt that to a 2D plane. Mega Man or X would work better, in my opinion. As for Viewtiful Joe; that's an interesting idea! Why not?
Old 2011-06-22, 23:49   Link #20
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
How about they bring in Kingdom Hearts into the Flay, come on. It will be epic beyond epic

Tags
super smash bros. 3ds