AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-02, 20:09   Link #1441
rxrx

Quote:
Even when he's trapped in the past, with no clear way to get back, one of Touma's first thoughts is about the Huckebein.
No. That's not ture. The first thoughts of Touma was of Su-chan, Iris, Nanoha, Hayate, Fate, Signum and Vita whom he is close to due to them training him and then comes his soon to be family in the Nakajimas and then finally comes the Hukebein whom he thinks that he still have to deal with them and that he likes his life now despite how strange it has become. Stop misleading people and cause antagonisation will you?
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 20:22   Link #1442
Justin_Brett

Quote:
The only one that wouldn't have been on screen would have been Due as she wasn't around.

The point is, if the Numbers had found Touma when he was suffering and helped him out for a small bit, he'd probably want to save them as well.
Certainly, but the Hucks are different villains from the Numbers in tone, and just about every other antagonist so far too. That's why I think him wanting to do this is dumb: it's retreading ground again when these guys are, if nothing else, unique.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 23:51   Link #1443
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88

What did Hayate say in 18:10 that made Dearche annoyed (something about a sister, Juggernaut and Excalibur and Dearche gritting her teeth XD)
Old 2012-01-03, 00:59   Link #1444
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post

What did Hayate say in 18:10 that made Dearche annoyed (something about a sister, Juggernaut and Excalibur and Dearche gritting her teeth XD)
Hayate:
Eheh.
You're so mean.
Even though, we're like siblings.

Dearche:
Who and who are siblings?!

Hayate:
You can even call me 'Onee-chan,' ya know~?

Dearche:
Why you little, get away from 'us'!
I'll use the Juggernaut or Excalibur on you!

Stern:
Please stop yourself.
To have the King go berserk would be troublesome to Nanoha and the others.

Levi:
That's right, o King.

Dearche:
Grrrnnnnn.....
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 01:33   Link #1445
Sunder the Gold

Ah, that's the way that Hayate and Dearche are complete opposites. Dearche actively attempts to assert control in every situation and has absolutely no patience, so she reacts poorly to losing control.

Hayate is patient and calm, waiting to see what is happening before attempting to manipulate a situation. So she doesn't lose her head when things are out of her control.

Anyway...

@TheScarletSword: I already mentioned this on Youtube, but thank you very much for all of the recordings you provided.

Oh, and I also realized that I recognized Yuuno's auto-counter spell from somewhere. It looks a lot like the spell he used in the first episode in his attempt to seal the Jewel Seed.

He held out his palm, creating a magical circle (what I suppose is a circle-based Field), with electric-like jolts of magical energy leaping from one to the other. In the game, his victim is caught between his hand and the circle rather than on the other side of it.

In the anime, the spell did nothing until the monster leapt right into the field... which Yuuno knew it was going to do, given how it was charging directly at him.

We know that conventional attack spells like Divine Buster and Thunder Rage can be used as mediums for a sealing spell, and that's likely what Yuuno was doing here.

Unfortunately, I still don't have a name for either of his trapping-attack fields.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 02:03   Link #1446
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
Hayate:
Eheh.
You're so mean.

Dearche:

Hayate:

Dearche:

Stern:
Please stop yourself.

Levi:
That's right, o King.

Dearche:
Grrrnnnnn.....
What did Hayate say before that (Dearche responded with: What. (and still using kisama as her addressing XD)):
The only thing I got was:
Hayate: King (ou-sama).
Dearche: What.
Old 2012-01-03, 05:07   Link #1447
Aaron008R

Strange, there seems to be something seriously screwed up with the DNS right now. Hardly half of the websites I usually go to loads at all. In any case, Animesuki seems to be safe so it's back to business for me. Gimme an hour or two and I'll have the rest of Sequence 8 and Sequence 9 up. >:3

@Filraen: I just used the pic again to show the scene transition. Didn't miss any as far as I know. For the shots of them floating in front of each other, I don't have those, unfortunately...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 06:57   Link #1448
Aaron008R

Continuation~!

Link for Sequence 8: Part One

MGLN A's Portable: THE GEARS OF DESTINY

Sequence 8: Part Two

Spoiler for Sequence 8: Part Two:

The night is getting darker, and the finale is almost upon us...

But before that, next Sequence is the Florian Sister's chapter!

KIAI ZENKAI! YATTEYARUZE!!! >:3

OC Profiles

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2012-01-25 at 10:12.
Old 2012-01-03, 07:05   Link #1449
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

More evidence that this game is a giant boke/tsukkomi routine (until the end of sequence 10 anyway)

I think sequence 8 doesn't have any special gameplay notes, no battle is hard (maybe Vivio vs Nanoha but then again Buster spam) or unfair so yeah.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 08:02   Link #1450
Aaron008R

*CLANG*

With hard work, hot blood and guts! I present you!!!

Sequence 9

Spoiler for Sequence 9:

Have I ever mentioned that Amita is my favorite original character in this game? She may be a man-made machine, she may be an idiot, but she's a much better person than many in the world. And she's definitely one of the best big sisters EVER in my book. =3

And then there's only Sequences 10, 11 and Sequence X to go. Almost there, guys! Thanks for reading my semi-summaries!

Up next, it's the Materials' time to shine! Prepare to see a spectacle of absolutely badass LOYALTY! >:3

OC Profiles

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2012-01-03 at 08:46.
Old 2012-01-03, 08:42   Link #1451
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

KYRIE, WHY NOT YUUNO, DAMMIT!?

lol at the cute 'te, nandeyanen~' of Hayate's.
Old 2012-01-03, 09:04   Link #1452
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Continuation~!

Link for Sequence 8: Part One

Sequence 8: Part Two

[SPOILER="Sequence 8: Part Two"][LIST=1][*]Next up is Einhart vs Yuuno. Our ever-trusty ferret-boy is diplomatic with his approach. However, Einhart recognizes him as the future Head Librarian and Nanoha's teacher in magic. (Uhoh...) Forget escaping, Einhart is not gonna let this opportunity pass!
Yuuno: Ano...
Einhart: I'm sorry. But I'm going to defeat you and go through!
Asteon: Nyaa! >:3
Yuuno: EEH?!
After getting beaten, Yuuno exclaims how strong Einhart is. HaOh-chan hastily excuses herself and flies like the wind, leaving the battered and befuddled ferret-changeling behind.
KIAI ZENKAI! YATTEYARUZE!!! >:3
...of course this happens. Because Yuuno obviously couldn't win or put up resistance or *something*. T_T;
And people wonder why I assume people dislike him.
Old 2012-01-03, 09:10   Link #1453
rxrx

What? Have you not been reading? Yunno bested Vivio, the cat twins, Amita and Stern and you claim he cannot put up any resistence? Note that Stern was not using any non harm setting crap and was going at full stength and Yunno WON. Besides, give Chrono some credict will you? He got the worst treatment in MGLN as he was demoted from the original game where he is the husband of Nanoha to a weak but skilled mage whom at the same time served as the butt monkey together with Yunno in the universe.
Old 2012-01-03, 09:13   Link #1454
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
What did Hayate say before that (Dearche responded with: What. (and still using kisama as her addressing XD)):
The only thing I got was:
Hayate: King (ou-sama).
Dearche: What.
Okay. let's see from when Hayate-chan addressed Dearche. This is about 17:53

Hayate:
King.

Dearche:
What is it?
We have no need to talk to the likes of you.

Hayate:
How stubborn.
I want to get along with King too, I feel left out.

(This next one got cut off early cause the video skips to the next line before the vocal finishes, I had to manually replay the Final Sequence and button pres through all the dialogue to get to that point....)

Dearche:
We already know how foolish you are,
that foolish talk and attitude, is plenty for us to want to be left alone.

Hayate:
Eheh.
You're so mean.

Dearche:

Hayate:

Dearche:

Stern:
Please stop yourself.

Levi:
That's right, King.

Dearche:
Grrrnnnnn.....
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 09:24   Link #1455
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
What? Have you not been reading? Yunno bested Vivio, the cat twins, Amita and Stern and you claim he cannot put up any resistence? Note that Stern was not using any non harm setting crap and was going at full stength and Yunno WON. Besides, give Chrono some credict will you? He got the worst treatment in MGLN as he was demoted from the original game where he is the husband of Nanoha to a weak but skilled mage whom at the same time served as the butt monkey together with Yunno in the universe.
...these are the first parts that I've read of the story, so...yeah. I don't know if that happened or not.
I'm not claiming he can't put up resistance, I'm saying that that "fight" with Einhart has him do so. Which aggravates me.

Wouldn't know about your comment on "Chrono, husband of Nanoha". ^^;
As for both Chrono and Yuuno being the butt monkey? Yuuno gets the worst of it, since Chrono targets him often and repeatedly.
Old 2012-01-03, 09:30   Link #1456
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
Wouldn't know about your comment on "Chrono, husband of Nanoha". ^^;
That actually comes from the Lyrical Toy Box game, a spinoff of the Triangle Hearts game. Lyrical Toy Box is pretty much the prototype for the Nanoha franchise, though instead of Fate (who didn't exist back then), it was Chrono who fulfilled the "befriended enemy" role.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 09:31   Link #1457
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That actually comes from the Lyrical Toy Box game, a spinoff of the Triangle Hearts game. Lyrical Toy Box is pretty much the prototype for the Nanoha franchise, though instead of Fate (who didn't exist back then), it was Chrono who fulfilled the "befriended enemy" role.
Alright then.
Sorry to say I don't care much about Chrono, given that he, at least seemingly, gets a happy ending with Amy and is generally well liked by the fandom.
And, no, I don't believe this is a double standard. ^^;
Old 2012-01-03, 09:37   Link #1458
rxrx

Quote:
As for both Chrono and Yuuno being the butt monkey? Yuuno gets the worst of it, since Chrono targets him often and repeatedly.
Sorry. To clearify, some fanfics in the Japanese fandom loves to make the two of them butt monkeys, the former being a thick-headed police dumb while the latter was seen as a dirty ferret whom was the main culprit in causing the mess of the Jewel Seeds.

In the game though, in Sequence 8, not only Yunno gets the short end of the stick. So did Zaffy and Nanoha whom lost to Vivio, Yunno and Fate whom lost to Einhart and Hayate and Vita whom were defeated by Touma. In story, all these fight occured at the same time as the four of them from the future were trying to burst through the lines to Kyrie and wants her to send them back.

Finally, just want to ask, is Einhart's official name Heidi Einhart Stratos Ingvault or it is just a ring name?
Old 2012-01-03, 09:43   Link #1459
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Sorry. To clearify, some fanfics in the Japanese fandom loves to make the two of them butt monkeys, the former being a thick-headed police dumb while the latter was seen as a dirty ferret whom was the main culprit in causing the mess of the Jewel Seeds.
Except that's not the way either of them are.
And Yuuno is treated a lot worse by *everyone* in Omakes. Either intentionally, or when it's Nanoha through ignorance.
Chrono? Not so, or at least as, much.

And like I said, Chrono gets Amy and has kids, which is pretty much a happy ending.

We haven't heard anything about Yuuno since StrikerS with his one or two cameos.
There was no resolution, good or bad, for him, and he hasn't been mentioned since then.

And you didn't reference earlier chapters where Yuuno did win. So I don't know if you were telling the truth or what.
Old 2012-01-03, 09:52   Link #1460
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
And you didn't reference earlier chapters where Yuuno did win. So I don't know if you were telling the truth or what.
So you've been reading near the end of the story instead of the beginning?
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote