Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-05-28, 16:26   Link #261
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I would think so since his mere existence has a great significance on everything that contains darkness within their heart/or unstable sanity. Basically he is the embodiment of evil and they're trying to defeat the evil, so eventually down the road they will have to face him. I THINK I'M THINKING OF THE SAME PERSON YOU ARE, if not I got my villains confused.....

I get the feeling that Soul is going to snap one day and fight his friends. I just get that feeling, actually I hope for something like that. Would be interesting, also I wouldn't doubt it since it hinted to Soul having internal turmoil with the world.
I want to see more of him and his personality myself. I found the one chapter featuring him to be very interesting and would like to see him actually interact with others. I also hope he gets his old clothes instead of having to wrap himself in skin. Can't wait to see how they handle that in the anime.

That goblin is still there after all, though Soul has been doing okay so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I can only see Asura being the final boss in this if there will ever be an ending.

Maybe he will make the odd appearence here and there but I don't expect it to be long.

Soul's soul breaking is something I'm also expecting. I really hate that goblin thing inside his soul and I wish that he could have kicked him out already

I have to say that it is surprising to see that sid still plays quite an important role in this (and then you have to think about how he died >.>).

And if anything, I wish for the old Stein to be back ;__;
I'm curious as to how he can even be beaten since even Shinigami had trouble with him. I doubt he'll show up for very long until the end either and I think he'll be more of an influence at the moment than anything else.

That goblin irritates me as well and I'm sure that Soul breaking could lead to some more insight on him and perhaps his family as well.

I like Sid actually and am glad they kept him in things.

I miss Stein. I hope he comes back and can stay in control of himself. And actually love Marie, though that might not be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I also get the feeling that Black Star might turn evil, since he seems to becoming more insane, especially with the refrence to his father White Star during his his duel with Kidd which seems to indicate that he might follow in his father's footsteps, which was becoming a kishin.
I've been getting the same feeling as well with him, but maybe the recent chapters might result in a positive change. It would really be a shame if he gave in to insanity.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 19:10   Link #262
ThoHell

Quote:
I also get the feeling that Black Star might turn evil, since he seems to becoming more insane, especially with the refrence to his father White Star during his his duel with Kidd which seems to indicate that he might follow in his father's footsteps, which was becoming a kishin.
Yeah, he gives off that feeling, however, I don't think it will happen. His hot partner is his calm, she will keep him sane, also his friends too but the biggest factor to him is his partner (I'm saying partner cause I can't spell her name off the top of my head...Tsubaki?). Now, if something were to happen to her, I'm sure he would snap. They're a lot more than just partners, they got an interesting couple relationship going on, though still young and not focused on, it's hinted about their feelings towards each other quite a few times.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 22:41   Link #263
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

It'd be an interesting story development if the one character who is seemingly the most confident and upbeat, succumbs to insanity.

It wouldn't be the cliche; aka having a constantly depressed introspective character go that route.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 23:17   Link #264
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
They're a lot more than just partners, they got an interesting couple relationship going on, though still young and not focused on, it's hinted about their feelings towards each other quite a few times.
Eh... I can see a connection from Tsubaki's side (which I feel is sisterly), but I haven't seen anything from B*S since the Masamune arc. He's had more character development with Maka than anyone else.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 03:09   Link #265
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

On Asura, I simply pray that no stupid power up ocuring suddenly just to make Asura betable, that is like saying, "oh, we'll just make this and that character all of sudden stronger than Shinigami Sama because we need this Deus ex Mechina." I'd rather like soem alternative like... say, Shinigami Sama is collecting all those demon tools to develop something that can kill off Asura once and for all or something like that.

Quote:
From the look of ch.49, that fon't seems to be happening anytime soon now.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 04:04   Link #266
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
In terms of power, Shinigami probably can't defeat Asura now the way he is. It's like this with a lot of bosses. The good guy defeats them once, the bad guy comes back after x amount of years stronger whilst the good guy is weaker because he hasn't been keeping up with training
It will be interesting to see what they will come up with to defeat Asura but I really hope it isn't something lame

And I actually have a question.

Why hasn't Shinigami started collecting the demon weapons before Asura's revival? I find it quite weird that they all started popping up since his revival or was that the intended purpose?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 08:30   Link #267
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Why hasn't Shinigami started collecting the demon weapons before Asura's revival? I find it quite weird that they all started popping up since his revival or was that the intended purpose?
I was under the impression that it's because the Kishin was revived, that's why they all started becoming active... Something about his insanity wave...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 08:32   Link #268
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
Maybe because Shinigami thought that he had everything under control so he became too lazy to collect them. Then Medusa and gang popped up and 'boom', Asura's revived, the bad guys who were in slumber/hidden suddenly becomes intoxinated with the insanity, massive power ups yada yada and finally hell broke lose, Shinigami feels that the weapons are too risky not being under his control while the bad guys are around. Something like that.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 13:25   Link #269
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wonder if we'll ever see Maka and the others get their 99 souls and one witch soul. That would surely help out with things, though I suppose we may not have the time for this.

I also hope Maka's mom makes an appearence at some point, if only for the interaction with DS.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-01, 16:07   Link #270
Zoe

Anybody?

Bueller? Bueller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Can somebody confirm which volume has the Excalibur omake?

I was gonna try and wait and get a whole set at once, but I'm gonna be ordering a bunch of other stuff next week, so I might as well get that one now :\
Old 2008-06-01, 18:14   Link #271
Swiffy
Droppin' sleeves

I believe it's Volume 3.
Swiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 18:54   Link #272
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiffy View Post
I believe it's Volume 3.
That's the normal chapter. I'm asking about the omake which introduces Hero.
Old 2008-06-01, 22:29   Link #273
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

You mean the one where we actually see someone use Excalibur? I have no idea where it is, but I want to see it as well.

Old 2008-06-02, 02:27   Link #274
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I wonder if we'll ever see Maka and the others get their 99 souls and one witch soul. That would surely help out with things, though I suppose we may not have the time for this.

I also hope Maka's mom makes an appearence at some point, if only for the interaction with DS.
Well, you can already tell that Maka would have to get Medusa's soul as her final soul. With such pure hatred towards her, I dont think I could see Maka gonig after any Witch other then Medusa when the time comes...

Plus they wont want to leave off the big "Maka battles for friendship" battle to defeat Medusa and save Chrona....
DaCyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 03:42   Link #275
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
That's the normal chapter. I'm asking about the omake which introduces Hero.
It's in volume 9 between chapters 32 and 33.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 17:00   Link #276
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCyclops View Post
Well, you can already tell that Maka would have to get Medusa's soul as her final soul. With such pure hatred towards her, I dont think I could see Maka gonig after any Witch other then Medusa when the time comes...

Plus they wont want to leave off the big "Maka battles for friendship" battle to defeat Medusa and save Chrona....
Hmm, that is probably true since they have such a thing going. I think it would be interesting if Medusa actually allowed Maka to take her soul to power up Soul.

Depends on how Medusa acts in chapters in the future I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
It's in volume 9 between chapters 32 and 33.
Thanks for that as well since I was looking for it too.

Old 2008-06-02, 20:51   Link #277
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I think it would be interesting if Medusa actually allowed Maka to take her soul to power up Soul.
Wow. Thats actually an interesting concept... And with how plain manipulative she is, she might see that as a slight possibility...

Though, im still hanging on for the giant fight scene.
DaCyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 23:06   Link #278
spaz

That would never happen though.
spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 23:21   Link #279
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCyclops View Post
Wow. Thats actually an interesting concept... And with how plain manipulative she is, she might see that as a slight possibility...

Though, im still hanging on for the giant fight scene.
It would be funny if it happened and it would be like her to appear to be doing something to help, but actually having another motive. Getting your soul eaten is a hard thing to manipulate though.

They'll fight again I suppose, but it depends on how this all goes with Chrona and we see how real her affection fro Chrona actually is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz View Post
That would never happen though.
Maybe not, but it isn't completely impossible.

Old 2008-06-09, 16:05   Link #280
solidified

is this manga a monthly release or weekly?
solidified is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen