AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-30, 22:37   Link #3141
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I seriously just want to know why Cinder is just so knowledgeable about practically everything, even more so than the other so called keepers of knowledge.
It's doubtful she's even human.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 01:53   Link #3142
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
We've seen hints before but Mercury looks like he really had it rough in his previous gig. He doesn't look so hot. That bruise and those pants...
Remember what he said about his dad being a drunkard. Bet abuse factored into that. Might explain why he's so good at taking a fall.
Old 2015-12-31, 02:25   Link #3143
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I seriously just want to know why Cinder is just so knowledgeable about practically everything, even more so than the other so called keepers of knowledge.
1) Cinder isn't the top of the evil food chain. Someone (mysterious narrator Cortana?) mentored/is mentoring her. Maybe said mentor is currently in Ozpin's custody (hence the series opening narration/conversation), and one of Cinder's goals has been to bust her out. The obvious implication after the last few episodes is that the reason behind Cinder's mad-on for invading Beacon has been to find Cold Amber Storage, finish her off, and take the rest of her power, but what if that's only a secondary goal? Heck, what if Cinder doesn't even know she's still alive and has assumed that the rest of her power either dissipated or found a new host?

2) Magic 8 Ball says all signs point to Cinder having been the one who partook of Amber's power. And what use is power without knowledge? I speculate that the Maidens' Power is in fact both the visible power and the knowledge necessary to capably use it. Cinder ended up with more of the latter than the former (hence her need to augment it with Dust), which doesn't bode well for our favorite armored redhead bombshell. But, then again, what ever does?

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2015-12-31 at 02:43. Reason: Quoted wrong post
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 03:27   Link #3144
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A flashback episode about Cinder, Emerald, Mercury and possibly Adam.
Nice.
Old 2016-01-01, 02:16   Link #3145
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
A flashback episode about Cinder, Emerald, Mercury and possibly Adam.
Nice.
No "possibly" about it. It's Adam. Look at his shoes. Black with red soles. The only other person it could conceivably be in that situation is Torchwick (who I was initially hoping it would be) and his shoes are brown.
Old 2016-01-01, 07:42   Link #3146
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

RWBY manga chapter 2 is out!
Old 2016-01-01, 22:44   Link #3147
Malicre

Yang still best girl.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 11:41   Link #3148
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 7:

Extremely... interesting stylistic choice for a flashback about Cinder. The episode uses snippets of events that Cinder pushes into motion starting with her recruiting Emerald and Mercury, with mixed and matched audio snippets in between scenes. A similar approach was used by Fallout 3 to detail the main characters rise to adulthood at the beginning of the game.

It doesn't exactly delve on WHO Cinder is, but more on what Cinder's plans are. I'm actually more interested on her actual identity but I guess this will suffice.

Some notable observations:
1. Apparently Cinder, Emerald and Mercury are not Faunus but still work with the White Fang in a way similar to Torchwick.
2. Her first approach to the White Fang occurred just before the events detailed in the Black trailer, so it was apparently very recent.
3. Cinder's intentions are not in line with the White Fang according to Adam and he even rejected her the first time, but whatever it is Adam still conceded offering the group's help at some point. Very interesting.
4. Illusion confirmed as Emerald's semblance, and they used it on Amber.
5. Mercury's legs are robotic!! Which means Yang didn't really... uh... break his legs. Emerald confirms that she didn't and couldn't fool the entire arena, which means Mercury purposely allowed his legs to break.
6. We see maiden power in action courtesy of Amber. Very OP but she still loses to a 3 on 1 assault. Impressive fight choreography nonetheless.
7. Cinder power draining confirmed using a bug... thing, which is probably why she's OP herself. Qrow comes in to save Amber in the last minute so maybe Cinder didn't actually suck everything.
8. I'm sensing doom flags again regarding Cinder's comment on making the next fight go... "smoothly"

As such, a lot of fan theories have been confirmed. I'm still not completely convinced that Laura Bailey is doing enough to bring Cinder's mystery to life though.

All in all a fantastic if rather grimdark episode. I'm absolutely loving the direction of this season. Can't wait what this fight will be next episode. The last 2 episodes to end the year and start a new one have been nothing short of spectacular. Whatever it is, I'm almost absolutely sure Cinder is neither human nor Faunus, considering that bug thing Grimm came straight out of the palm of her hand. Hell I don't think she's even mortal. I'm calling it now: Cinder is a Grimm.

My hype for this show has never been greater.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2016-01-02 at 11:51.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 12:57   Link #3149
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Episode 7:

Extremely... interesting stylistic choice for a flashback about Cinder. The episode uses snippets of events that Cinder pushes into motion starting with her recruiting Emerald and Mercury, with mixed and matched audio snippets in between scenes. A similar approach was used by Fallout 3 to detail the main characters rise to adulthood at the beginning of the game.

It doesn't exactly delve on WHO Cinder is, but more on what Cinder's plans are. I'm actually more interested on her actual identity but I guess this will suffice.

1. Apparently Cinder, Emerald and Mercury are not Faunus but still work with the White Fang in a way similar to Torchwick.
2. Her first approach to the White Fang occurred just before the events detailed in the Black trailer, so it was apparently very recent.
3. Cinder's intentions are not in line with the White Fang according to Adam and he even rejected her the first time, but whatever it is Adam still conceded offering the group's help at some point. Very interesting.
5. Mercury's legs are robotic!! Which means Yang didn't really... uh... break his legs. Emerald confirms that she didn't and couldn't fool the entire arena, which means Mercury purposely allowed his legs to break.
6. We see maiden power in action courtesy of Amber. Very OP but she still loses to a 3 on 1 assault. Impressive fight choreography nonetheless.
7. Cinder power draining confirmed using a bug... thing, which is probably why she's OP herself. Qrow comes in to save Amber in the last minute so maybe Cinder didn't actually suck everything.
8. I'm sensing doom flags again regarding Cinder's comment on making the next fight go... "smoothly"

As such, a lot of fan theories have been confirmed. I'm still not completely convinced that Laura Bailey is doing enough to bring Cinder's mystery to life though.

All in all a fantastic if rather grimdark episode. I'm absolutely loving the direction of this season. Can't wait what this fight will be next episode. The last 2 episodes to end the year and start a new one have been nothing short of spectacular. Whatever it is, I'm almost absolutely sure Cinder is neither human nor Faunus, considering that bug thing Grimm came straight out of the palm of her hand. Hell I don't think she's even mortal. I'm calling it now: Cinder is a Grimm.

You should watch it again and pay more attention, Cinder placed a a white glove with a strange marking on it which was what she used to summon the bug. Cinder is very likely to be a human working for someone that is probably looking for the maiden powers.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 12:59   Link #3150
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ha! I knew it was Adam they were meeting!
So while we learn little, we do know how Cinder recruited, Emerald, Mercury, Adam and the White Fang and how she stole Amber's Fall powers.
Old 2016-01-03, 14:31   Link #3151
LazyHunter

In the new episode we get to see how Cinder put her plan into motion, including her recruiting Emerald (apparently out of interest in her semblance: illusions) and Mercury (looks like Cinder was going to recruit his father, an assassin, but when she and Emerald got there Mercury had just killed him). Mercury actually has prosthetic/cyborg legs, cool.

We also see how she and the other two fought Amber and then used a special glove with a bug Grimm to suck Amber's powers. Thankfully, Crow managed to interrupt them before the process was finished. Back to the present, Cinder and Emerald are planning something for the next fight. Maybe it's the thing they are going to do with Penny.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 14:47   Link #3152
Twi

Is it me, or did Amber know what that bug was about to do to her?

Also, Cinder said 'not a foot out of place' and that's exactly what tipped her off at the end.

Last edited by Twi; 2016-01-03 at 15:00.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 15:07   Link #3153
Wandering Soul

Amber actually seemed familiar with the bug that Cinder was using. Either that bug has certain abilities that Amber knew about or this may not the first time someone has targeted the maidens for their abilities.
Old 2016-01-03, 15:27   Link #3154
bakato

I think anyone would've been horrified by bug on their face. That effect thatsummoned it looked similar to Raven's portal.

So basically, what Yang saw was real. Emerald's semblance can create physical illusions, complete with audio.

Looks like Adam is one of those who actually care about his fellow faunus and Blake's desertion hit him hard. Contrary to previous assumptions, it seems he's been strong-armed into Cinder's schemes.

How does Qrow not know who they are? He saw their faces up close.

Last edited by bakato; 2016-01-03 at 15:45.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 15:47   Link #3155
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You should watch it again and pay more attention, Cinder placed a a white glove with a strange marking on it which was what she used to summon the bug. Cinder is very likely to be a human working for someone that is probably looking for the maiden powers.
Going to have to back up Randrak here, you're missing some details that were pointed out in the episode. That Grimm came out of the glove, and I actually don't know if I'd completely call it a Grimm, or just a medium of the ritual she was using. Considering that the Maidens' powers need to latch onto Aura (stolen or not), that already debunks Cinder being a Grimm herself.

And the adults already mentioned Cinder didn't get all of the Maiden's power. Heck, in the episode Cinder herself said she didn't get it all.

And I don't quite get what you mean by Laura Bailey not bringing Cinder's mystery to life? Laura was Amber. And she literally said two words this episode. Which is fine, cause I'm willing to bet that'll mean we'll be hearing a lot more of her when Pyrrha fuses with Amber's Aura.
Old 2016-01-03, 16:24   Link #3156
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post

So basically, what Yang saw was real. Emerald's semblance can create physical illusions, complete with audio.
Er. You've got it in reverse.

Emerald's Semblance creates illusions that one person (two people if she stretches herself) can see - remember, when Amber was looking at the child, we also got a moment of seeing the world as it 'really is' - with no child, and Emerald clearly visible? And how, in the earliest moments of the episode, Cinder remarked that Emerald took a gem from in front of a jeweller?

And Emerald says outright that making an illusion for more than one person makes her head hurt.

What Yang saw wasn't real: Emerald's Semblance is to create illusions inside a person's mind, and she used it on Yang.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 19:08   Link #3157
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That entire Cinder episode gave me chills.
It didn't help that the resonating dialogue before each major scene felt like the viewer is trying to wake up from an elaborate illusion.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 19:33   Link #3158
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well I checked and yes that bug came out of the glove, however my point still stands that she may as well not exactly be even human or Faunus.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 19:43   Link #3159
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

The fact that the glove disappeared and a mark was created on Cinder's back gives me the suspicion that the usage of a grimm was more of a nefarious contract.

Also, the surge of grimm has caused many of the hunters and huntresses to go out in the field, weakening security within the city.....

Its becoming clear that Cinder is not planning an attack but rather an operation. Maybe to spring someone, take something, or acquire something. Regardless, this is the first season where the plot is progressing in a rather massive way, spanning over the entire season.

Pretty hyped for what happens next.
Old 2016-01-03, 19:47   Link #3160
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Er. You've got it in reverse.

Emerald's Semblance creates illusions that one person (two people if she stretches herself) can see - remember, when Amber was looking at the child, we also got a moment of seeing the world as it 'really is' - with no child, and Emerald clearly visible? And how, in the earliest moments of the episode, Cinder remarked that Emerald took a gem from in front of a jeweller?

And Emerald says outright that making an illusion for more than one person makes her head hurt.

What Yang saw wasn't real: Emerald's Semblance is to create illusions inside a person's mind, and she used it on Yang.
Basically this. She creates illusions that work through the mind, audio and visual. Neo, on the other hand, creates physical illusions that can be seen, hence why it shattered like glass when hit.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby