AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-02-07, 15:36   Link #3421
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post

We didn't see chewing, and I don't think anything had happened that would have depleted his aura, so I don't see how he could be dead.
He's also based on a character from a canon that, famously, involves multiple people being eaten and surviving intact.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 15:36   Link #3422
RDNexus

Oh, right, there's Cinder's infiltration during the ball, for starters. I totally forgot that.
And that bit with Qrow... It may have escaped me when it happened. Still, quite convenient.

And yes, my argument can easily go both sides.
I guess it all ends up depending on each person's point-of-view, expectations and experience with these kinds of stories.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 15:39   Link #3423
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Yeah, Cinder's group may have planned things nicely but, in my view, it wasn't without it's share of conveniently covered plotholes.
First, when her group attacked the Maiden, didn't Crow see their faces? Couldn't he easily identify them?
Second, nobody knowing about Emerald's semblance? I don't think it's that easy to fake another one.
Has anyone checked if everyone's backgrounds were real? I don't know, given the White Fang and Torchwick's previous antics?

A post above addresses most of your questions,but about Emerald semblance. Remember that Mercury had to have a short spar with Pyrrha just to see what her semblance was. This indicates that semblances aren't publicly recorded and that not everyone knows what someone else's semblance is.
Old 2016-02-07, 15:51   Link #3424
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
And that bit with Qrow... It may have escaped me when it happened. Still, quite convenient.
"Quite convenient?" How?? Cinder recruited Emerald precisely for things like that. The woman can create illusions. It's a crazy good semblance. It's called foresight.

The only leg you have to stand on is lack of video footage from the infiltration episode. And even that could conceivably be swept under the rug with the "hacking" explanation, reinforced by the fact that it's why they were grilling Ruby for anything she could remember about the incident afterwards.
Old 2016-02-07, 16:14   Link #3425
RDNexus

I don't need legs or arms or anything. Caught the pun?
I guess this is just me not liking the fact that the villians aren't having that much of a hard time while the young teams are getting too many hard slaps all at once.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 16:31   Link #3426
Tenzen12

Villains got plenty of hard times. There almost isn't single part of plan that work how it should.
Old 2016-02-07, 20:05   Link #3427
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yes, I got chills, but it's a natural reaction to heroes being trashed around.
In retrospect, all I can feel is disgust towards the heroes that are not given the time to shine in favor of this so-called DARKNESS QUOTA that they have to fulfill somehow.

Also, in retrospect, much of the fights aren't even good.
The fight by Ruby against Neo and Roman is decent, but the outcome was as random as a high Insight roll on a game of D&D.
The "siege" had bad song choices, no freaking covering fire from Coco and the others, and with completely recycled animation data from the four trailers and Volume 1 (which is bullshit because Velvet shouldn't automatically be able to use the weapons she capture with such expertise). Also, what the fuck is with Weiss throughout the entire sequence?

Quote:
To the first point, I was actually just trying to emphasize how silly that quote was to try and call RWBY out for something that's present in many, many things.

In reality, I WISH more people viewed things the way you do in your second point. Every time Cinder scores a point there seems to be this collective moan from a certain mass wondering why "the villains always win". And every time I always find myself rolling my eyes thinking, "so proper planning turns out to be a good thing, who knew?"
There are two things to consider here: "Anything that can, could have, or will go wrong, is going wrong, all at once," and "the most complacent ones end up getting the short end of the stick eventually". And mind you, it applies more often on villains than heroes.

Quote:
Personally, yes it is easy to stomach "such a turn" in the overall tone. I'd file it nicely under, "sh*t happens". And we've had a sneak peek at said excrement over several seasons...so I don't even know if calling it a 180 degree turn would even be appropriate. This series has been alluded to being possibly 10 seasons long. What did you expect? They were going to do a standard closed format 1-season long story ten times?
OBVIOUSLY YES. Do they really think they can handle ten freaking seasons without the original creator and much of their original animation team? They will, eventually, be swamped by scheduling problems that all animation projects experience, and the very worst that would happen is that the story is cut off abruptly, without any conclusive end to whatever RWBY is gonna head to.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 20:15   Link #3428
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
I don't need legs or arms or anything. Caught the pun?
I guess this is just me not liking the fact that the villians aren't having that much of a hard time while the young teams are getting too many hard slaps all at once.
Cinder plan did get derailed at some points but she managed to roll with it. The underground train got pushed up way earlier than scheduled, Qrow showing up unexpectedly, or Roman gettig captured - last one is iffy tho
Old 2016-02-07, 20:23   Link #3429
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Probably didn't even matter, Cinder didn't even flinch when either happened. (Or Jessica Nigri's voice didn't allow for such a variety of emotions.)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2016-02-07, 20:38   Link #3430
HandofFate

Velvet's projection was neat.
Didn't expect Yang's arm to get cut off, pretty crazy.
Weiss's powerup was cool...but no idea why she was acting the way she was. Like why what was she frustrated by at that certain moment? Was she afraid or something, it seemed like an out of nowhere thing.

Rowan going out by vore?
That kills the Rowen x Ruby pairing now

the maiden went out like a *****. Makes me wonder why all the other maidens haven't been hunted down yet.
Old 2016-02-07, 20:45   Link #3431
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
the maiden went out like a *****. Makes me wonder why all the other maidens haven't been hunted down yet.
Considering how much "protection" this particular Maiden has, they are probably all dead by now.

Old 2016-02-07, 21:03   Link #3432
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
considering it took three people to take her down i'm not so sure. Plus Amber only died this way because she was paralyzed. The others are in hiding.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 21:36   Link #3433
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Reddit RWBY Status chart as of this episode.

Spoiler for Bic Pic:
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 21:40   Link #3434
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Thanks for reminding me how terrible Reddit is about making puns out of everything for the sake of upvotes.

Old 2016-02-07, 21:43   Link #3435
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Reddit RWBY Status chart as of this episode.

Spoiler for Bic Pic:
That was awesome, and actually pretty helpful. 420/10
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 21:49   Link #3436
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Thanks for reminding me how terrible Reddit is about making puns out of everything for the sake of upvotes.
It's so bad it's hilarious, considering that guy's been doing that chart for ages.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 21:53   Link #3437
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What wrong with the puns?
Yang likes puns. Fans likes puns. Everyone's a PUN-dit.
Old 2016-02-07, 21:54   Link #3438
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
It's so bad it's hilarious, considering that guy's been doing that chart for ages.
It's gotten stale at this point.

Quote:
What wrong with the puns?
Yang likes puns. Fans likes puns. Everyone's a PUN-dit.
And Redditors use puns to hoard upvotes.

Old 2016-02-07, 21:57   Link #3439
Heir of the Void

Quote:
It's gotten stale at this point.
But it's still funny. It's like French Toast.

Quote:
And Redditors use puns to hoard upvotes.
But how would it get upvotes if it didn't have some merit?
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 22:13   Link #3440
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
But how would it get upvotes if it didn't have some merit?
Some cheap merit it has.
It's like saying this Volume of RWBY was good because some people got hurt. (thread back on track!)

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby