Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-09-05, 07:10   Link #2741
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
Wait, no Rean?
It's probably the opposite of CS2 where Rean had to go here and there to find his classmates, this time they have to find Rean with the help of others
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-05, 10:13   Link #2742
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
Wait, no Rean?
They're doing the same as they did with Sen III.
You have to wait until the release to play him. He is gone until he is back.

For another thing, it is now 21 days left to release! Only three weeks remaining!
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-05, 10:18   Link #2743
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
They're doing the same as they did with Sen III.
You have to wait until the release to play him. He is gone until he is back.

For another thing, it is now 21 days left to release! Only three weeks remaining!
I don't have a PS4 so i'll be watching people livestreaming their game.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-05, 10:19   Link #2744
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx-93 View Post
Rean did 'die' in the attack on Heimdallr shortly before Hamel, which is also when he got his ogre power through Osborne 'giving' him his heart. Heck, if Osborne was the leader of the gnomes already we can't even discard the idea of it being through a Divine Knight in some way.

Not only that, the Ogre Power is linked with the 'Divergent Laws' that appear throughout the series and is for example what Kernviter was made of (i.e. very much not human). Rean has been kinda not-human since long ago, which is what makes his future so complicated.
If I recall, wasn't it stated somewhere that Divergent Laws are supposed to be dangerous (at least, to the people that wields them)?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-05, 11:12   Link #2745
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
I don't have a PS4 so i'll be watching people livestreaming their game.
TBH, i'm still delibrating whether buying a PS4 is worth it now, my CS3 experiences was through stream as well, the only game i really play would be CS series, and coupling that PS4 is out for a few years already, Ps5 is close to release, i don't know if getting a PS4 is worth it
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-05, 13:35   Link #2746
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
TBH, i'm still delibrating whether buying a PS4 is worth it now, my CS3 experiences was through stream as well, the only game i really play would be CS series, and coupling that PS4 is out for a few years already, Ps5 is close to release, i don't know if getting a PS4 is worth it
Similar for me. What I've read through summaries, discussions and whatnot was enough to know the gist + to make me wary (and sometimes weary) of what to come .
I've been thinking about getting one, but in my current life situation, I'd still have no real opportunity for a console, so I'm getting some of the games I want and which are ported to the PC on the latter instead as it's more practicable to carry my laptop with me than a console (with a small TV) for the time being.

As for PS5? I don't go for consoles on release days and rather wait until "enough" games (>= 10 jrpgs in my case) I actually care about would be available.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-05, 14:16   Link #2747
Marina2

In SEN IV, I bet Estelle group (Estelle, Joshua and Renne) will get 4th member to travel with them at some point so that all characters will have link partner (when they are not with Class 7 or Crossbell group).

That person should be a hidden/unrevealed playable character. Maybe it will be that mysterious awakener.
Old 2018-09-06, 01:32   Link #2748
Marx-93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
If I recall, wasn't it stated somewhere that Divergent Laws are supposed to be dangerous (at least, to the people that wields them)?
Yeah. The game is mighty ambiguous about it, which is why it's one of the most debated matters in the fandom (if you want to go to the advanced level of a 'word we're not sure is a concept or just a saying from how ambiguous is' you can search for 'carnage' in the kiseki wiki).

At the same time, Rean's ogre power is definitely dangerous. Loss of control and memory losses aside, an overload would most likely kill Rean (a good example would be his solo fight against Arianrhod in Sen III).
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-06, 01:48   Link #2749
LROlsson

The best way to think of Divergent Laws is that it's alien.
When you start to leave the laws of the world and bring back something from outside, it will most likely not be that compatible with the laws and can probably cause some dire consequences.
Old 2018-09-09, 18:06   Link #2750
Marx-93

Yotaka just finished subbing the Sen IV PV in English. Nothing really new, but now it's much easier to catch most of it and other references. Not to mention the song lyrics, which as expected are all about Rean.

Also, Rean actually stole Lloyd's catchphrase at the end, LOL.
Old 2018-09-11, 08:56   Link #2751
LROlsson

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This week's Dengeki's stream will feature Sen IV. It will be one hour in.
Information regarding TGS demo and information about DLC. There will also be new footage.

Come to think of it, tomorrow might the details about what Sen no Kiseki Magazine Vol.4 contains.
Old 2018-09-12, 08:08   Link #2752
LROlsson

Seems like nothing big was in Sen no Kiseki magazine Vol.4 for now, but a summary of the prologue manga.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Sen IV prologue

edit: Looks like there might be an extra dungeon post clearing the game.
There are bond events with a heart mark for female characters which can make them go into a special relationship. You can see quite a number of the girls events in a single play through if you aim for the heart marked ones.
Opening will be done by 3hz again(they did Tokyo Xanadu, Ys VIII and Sen III. Let's hope it's closer to the first two rather than the last one...).
You'll get items from a save data of 1 kai, 2 kai and 3.
There are three grades of items you get based on the final level from Sen 3. It's up to 64, up to 74, 75 and above. There are also two levels for the school and instructor rank.

Last edited by LROlsson; 2018-09-12 at 10:37.
Old 2018-09-12, 12:56   Link #2753
Nighty40

Quote:
Seems like nothing big was in Sen no Kiseki magazine Vol.4 for now, but a summary of the prologue manga.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Sen IV prologue

edit: Looks like there might be an extra dungeon post clearing the game.
There are bond events with a heart mark for female characters which can make them go into a special relationship. You can see quite a number of the girls events in a single play through if you aim for the heart marked ones.
Opening will be done by 3hz again(they did Tokyo Xanadu, Ys VIII and Sen III. Let's hope it's closer to the first two rather than the last one...).
You'll get items from a save data of 1 kai, 2 kai and 3.
There are three grades of items you get based on the final level from Sen 3. It's up to 64, up to 74, 75 and above. There are also two levels for the school and instructor rank.
Sounds like you can get romantic with more girls this time around? Because in 3 you were only able to get romantic with Alisa, Emma and Laura. (I was glad you couldn’t do that with Rean’s female students though, that would have been very weird)
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 13:13   Link #2754
LROlsson

Some screens from the OP. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence exactly. Please have better movement and scene selection at least...
Images
Old 2018-09-12, 14:40   Link #2755
Marx-93

Yeah, have to agree on the OP.

I had half-hoped that the subpar OP in Sen III was due to a last minute decision to split in Sen IV (and so a number of scenes had to be dropped due to spoilers). But it seems it's more of a style? It's a shame, because TX and Ys VIII's Op actually were quite good.
Old 2018-09-13, 01:21   Link #2756
LROlsson

This week's website update is DLC.
The DLC is: Swimsuits for Alisa, Laura, Emma and Fie.
Military uniforms for the new and old Class IV men.
Randy recolor(to be closer to his original colors)
Various attachment.

Since the Sen III DLC can't be used in Sen IV, the Sen IV version of Sen III DLC will be given for free in a limited time.
Images
Old 2018-09-13, 01:25   Link #2757
Nighty40

Alisa in a bikini I can die a happy man now :3
Old 2018-09-13, 05:35   Link #2758
The Green One

Anyone else think those ears look just unnaturally huge in those pictures or is it just me?
Old 2018-09-13, 05:45   Link #2759
LROlsson

Valimar hit his growth spurt?
Old 2018-09-13, 06:31   Link #2760
Nighty40

Quote:

Valimar hit his growth spurt?
Probably a result of a power up? Anyway with how choppy this opening looks (as well as 3’s in a few instances) they might as well have stuck with the flash style openings that the previous games did, or just hire a different studio.

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria