Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-09, 20:32   Link #5021
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
no your not a bastard
No, you're not a bastard. The mistake that Sunrise oftens makes in their mecha shows is that the main characters can lay waste to entire armies and are powered to the fact that they are almost immortal in battles (or some dumb luck of some kinf going and saving their ass).

But some need to be killed off.

Refer to Zeta Gundam, lots of cast members were killed off, and resulted in a very good show.

The show needs to be more about sacrifice, sorrow, horrors and brutalities of war.
Yes, we got some deaths for minor characters, but we really need to go more up-hill.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2008-07-09, 20:35   Link #5022
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, if you want to kill, kill those who had already been developed well, not someone who has seen enough screentime yet. If they go on a Claymore-like massacre, it just makes me go ,"Ok, forget about character development, since you never know when someone's going to be bumped off."
Old 2008-07-09, 20:35   Link #5023
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
How does it not hurt Nunally? She'll die knowing her brother will never be able to rest. The girl would probably be broken by such a development.
She'll have to know he's Zero first. And she knows her bro's not missing, but that he'd prefer to stay under the radar. Essentially, she's lied to her father and others around her every time she's talked about her "missing" brother.
Old 2008-07-09, 20:36   Link #5024
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, if you want to kill, kill those who had already been developed well, not someone who has seen enough screentime yet. If they go on a Claymore-like massacre, it just makes me go ,"Ok, forget about character development, since you never know when someone's going to be bumped off."
Yes, but that's what things unpredictable. Deaths don't just wait. They can come at your doorsteps anytime (some without warning)

Old 2008-07-09, 20:38   Link #5025
TheAlucid

Quote:
How does it not hurt Nunally? She'll die knowing her brother will never be able to rest. The girl would probably be broken by such a development.
He probably won't say anything about it, I think that Lelouch won't pursue immortality, but I don't think he'll try to avoid it for Nunnaly's sake.
Old 2008-07-09, 20:38   Link #5026
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
For those who are Kalulu fans, how's this for being an evil bastard-

She's rescued, alright, and just before she goes into battle the fan-dubbed Kiss of Death scene occurs between her and Lelouch

even for me, who now wants all dead, that would SUCK (well, it would make CCxLulu fans happy, but this si really more of a romance thread post)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2008-07-09, 20:38   Link #5027
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Yes, but that's what things unpredictable. Deaths don't just wait. They can come at your doorsteps anytime (some without warning)
Hence, for Claymore, I'm waiting for the Chessmaster to show himself.

I have a Gundam friend who watched the older ones. Yeah, he enjoyed Zeta. But still, unpredictable = so what (IMO)? How Camille got screwed at the end (as how he described it to me) makes me go "huh"?

Oh, and some of the deaths in Zeta were hilarious (The way my friend described some deaths are enough to split my sides.).
Old 2008-07-09, 20:39   Link #5028
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Spoiler for Ehh:
Spoiler for A point:
Old 2008-07-09, 20:43   Link #5029
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Spoiler for A point:
hey Krimzon looks like your not going to win.....
Its episode 14 next episode. I think the day is mines btw. And it does seem half baked. but i will give you this. So far in this side of the series the has not been as many WTF moment as there was in season one maybe they are saving for the last. But i really can't see Nunnally bad in anyway. IT seems more to spring up from nightmare of nunnally rather than the actual show.
Old 2008-07-09, 20:45   Link #5030
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
For those who are Kalulu fans, how's this for being an evil bastard-

She's rescued, alright, and just before she goes into battle the fan-dubbed Kiss of Death scene occurs between her and Lelouch

even for me, who now wants all dead, that would SUCK (well, it would make CCxLulu fans happy, but this si really more of a romance thread post)
i rather a death note ending for lelouch and kallen
Old 2008-07-09, 20:45   Link #5031
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Hence, for Claymore, I'm waiting for the Chessmaster to show himself.

I have a Gundam friend who watched the older ones. Yeah, he enjoyed Zeta. But still, unpredictable = so what (IMO)? How Camille got screwed at the end (as how he described it to me) makes me go "huh"?
Okay now I am getting off-topic here.

I haven't seen Claymore yet but I guess I will like it.

For Zeta gundam, it goes against the all-happy endings we are used to. It goes to show that even though Kamille wanted to bring out a better future for Earth/colonies, he made a big sacrifice. (which makes it better because not everything will go "right" if your ideals are right)

Which brings me to Lelouch, he is striving for the better world. But his sacrifice is that he is losing his sanity (one can argue this, he lost Kallen and now Shirley, his world is getting stripped apart piece by piece)

I wouldn't be surprised that Nunnally died and he will already lost the will to live.

Old 2008-07-09, 20:47   Link #5032
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'm waiting for the Chessmaster in CG to show himself. Lulu and C.C., Charles and V.V., and perhaps Schneizel may have their plans. But, when the Chessmaster makes his move, I know (or at least hope) that I will like it.
Old 2008-07-09, 20:48   Link #5033
Captain Zechs

I somehow see Schneizel being sidelined.
Old 2008-07-09, 20:48   Link #5034
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Its episode 14 next episode. I think the day is mines btw. And it does seem half baked. but i will give you this. So far in this side of the series the has not been as many WTF moment as there was in season one maybe they are saving for the last. But i really can't see Nunnally bad in anyway. IT seems more to spring up from nightmare of nunnally rather than the actual show.
All hail episode 15!!

But I'm telling you, they have something planned for Nunnally and I don't think it will be good
Old 2008-07-09, 20:49   Link #5035
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm seeing Lelouch getting a case of the Cartwright Curse... unfortunately, it's going to be september/October before we find out what "satisfactory ending" means for lelouch

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2008-07-09, 20:51   Link #5036
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

i hope schneizel is evil
Old 2008-07-09, 20:53   Link #5037
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
All hail episode 15!!

But I'm telling you, they have something planned for Nunnally and I don't think it will be good
So you are going to admit defeat gracefully at 15?
Old 2008-07-09, 20:54   Link #5038
TheAlucid

Quote:
Spoiler for A point:
Is the kiss thing canon by the way? I heard about the theory, but wasn't sure if it had any merit.

If it does however, this means she could only restore memories that he had up to the point he was mind wiped. Previous mind wiping would still be in place.
Old 2008-07-09, 20:55   Link #5039
Captain Zechs

Yeah, I want Schneizel to be the main bad guy, it'd be interesting to see that maybe Charles was perhaps just misunderstood? Still very tough and such, just maybe not as evil as everyone likes to think?
Old 2008-07-09, 20:59   Link #5040
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
I respect your argument, you make good points, but:

I can say the exact same thing for Lelouch and Nunally. As long as he has her love, he will be able to carry on. Also, Mao was quite broken and in dismay when C.C. chose Lelouch over him the first time. He's been tossed aside several times, I'd say his life is about as tragic as it can get. If Mao's 'power of love' can save him from immortality, then the same must apply to Lelouch through Nunally.

On to V.V. what could a six year old royal prince possibly experience to cause him enough of a tragedy to turn into an immortal?
Maybe and maybe not. We don't know exactly how this whole thing works and Lelouch is far more sensitive to these things than Mao could ever be since he cares about people beyond Nunnally. So it does not need to apply here.

And the writers can do whatever they want to be honest and come up with some explanation for it. C.C. left him so he couldn't become an immortal or whatever it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
Marianne was by all reports an honorable person so she must've seen some reason to it.
And that has just been begging ti be refuted for a very long time. I bet she's going to turn out to be far from the kind mother we saw. I'm sure she probably doesn't care much about her children as more than precious objects that need to be protected until they fufill their purpose.

Quote:
The OP and ED show them more along the lines of parting now, then before. In OP1 of S2 you saw them together. In OP2 she is displaced from Lelouch, looking on, and never shown by his side.

The ED seems more oriented into her turning into a bird and flying away with the other birds in the background.
Well, everyone knew from the start they would part in the end. It was never possible for such a thing not to happen in the end and most people knew that for a fact long ago, such as yourself. She's pretty much only got death in her future though that won't make any sort of impact on Lelouch so there really isn't much point to even bothering with it. They might as well just do it off screen or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
C.C. had become a heartless bitch due to it.
Yay, someone else who sees the facts of this show.

Quote:
She could always accept it or something. But it can't happen since that would be a "bad" ending for so many people since he would be utterly alone given the fact there won't be any other immortals around. It would also prevent him from ending up with Kallen which should pretty much prove to everyone that it will never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Oh great, now the mocking and celebration of something confirmed ages ago finally begins as people knock down the one person who for some odd reason didn't give up when loss was quite clear.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories