AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 20 52.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 23.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 13.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-07-02, 18:40   Link #3061
B214

@xfire, you just don't get it do you? Ophis form Khaos Brigade to beat Great Red, so Great Red is stronger than Ophis. Shiva is the last defence line against 666 and can seal 666, so he is able to fight 666 alone and is close to Dragon God Class. Do you see the similarity here? People are using mentioned info and treating it as facts without actually knowing if it is true or not.
Old 2018-07-02, 19:15   Link #3062
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Vali was faster than Crom and had numerous abilities centered around weakening an opponent. He was on the defensive for the entire fight (that we see anyway). Azi or Apophis' techniques wouldn't have been any more effective and the power gap is even greater.

I can agree with the percentage you put forward, but I think you're underestimating the difference that makes in a fight. "10%" is near insurmountable in a one-v-one fight.
I didn't say Azi or Apophis could beat Crom but they are still strong enough to give Crom a hard time. For Azi he can attack from multiple angles simultaneously due to his quantity of forbidden magic. Vali had the means to counter because his attacks can spread at a wide-range. We have to remember Crom only has basic abilities and not saying that makes him inferior but it gives him limited options. For Apophis, Crom will have just a hard time because of Apophis darkness which can melt anything on contact and his black water. Issei had the power of infinity which nullified the effects but Crom doesn't have that. In Crom's case he could beat them but he was suffer a lot of damage because he has no countermeasure for any of them. You have to take into account compatibility.

For example Issei DxD G was able to beat Rizevim but could you say Vali DxD L could beat him? Vali has nothing that could stop his Sacred Gear canceller.
Old 2018-07-02, 19:22   Link #3063
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor of D. View Post
I didn't say Azi or Apophis could beat Crom but they are still strong enough to give Crom a hard time. For Azi he can attack from multiple angles simultaneously due to his quantity of forbidden magic. Vali had the means to counter because his attacks can spread at a wide-range. We have to remember Crom only has basic abilities and not saying that makes him inferior but it gives him limited options. For Apophis, Crom will have just a hard time because of Apophis darkness which can melt anything on contact and his black water. Issei had the power of infinity which nullified the effects but Crom doesn't have that. In Crom's case he could beat them but he was suffer a lot of damage because he has no countermeasure for any of them. You have to take into account compatibility.
Vali's abilities >>> Azi/Apophis' abilities. Crom literally ripped through space itself with raw power. He could just charge right through Azi's attacks and Apophis' darkness and crush them like that.

And again, the point is that there's an obvious gap in combat power.
Old 2018-07-02, 19:56   Link #3064
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Vali's abilities >>> Azi/Apophis' abilities. Crom literally ripped through space itself with raw power. He could just charge right through Azi's attacks and Apophis' darkness and crush them like that.

And again, the point is that there's an obvious gap in combat power.
He could charge through their abilities but he would still be greatly damaged by them. Azi is not someone that can get tagged easily because he has teleportation magic. Apophis can counter using black water. Vali's abilities are not really superior to Azi or Apophis but his abilities help counters.

Crom is stronger then the 2 but again the gap is not huge.
Old 2018-07-02, 20:30   Link #3065
Joulez97

I thought this whole shiva and Dragon God class was discussed way back. Okay dragons in this series is said to be one of the strongest especially in raw power. Shiva may not be as strong meaning (raw power ) but considering the power + hax he capable of weaken then seal trihexa by HIMSELF then he is dragon God class just weaker than the current three dragon God class. More proof ophis lost 1/4 of her power and now she weaker than Shiva, ophis 3/4 raw power is weaker than SHIVA. He now has 1st place excluding great red and trihexa. He was the last defense line after azazel and all combatants of the world faction die to trihexa, so ajuka appear to watch over Shiva to ensure of he would engaged trihexa he won't destroy the world in the process even bring a longinus in the mix. Not that had to understand read the story and connect the dots

Last edited by Joulez97; 2018-07-02 at 20:54.
Old 2018-07-02, 20:36   Link #3066
Joulez97

B214 remember the KB was keeping ophis from battling great red because she would destroy the world in the process ophis and Great red are basically equal we don't know how they hax fare against one another but yh. Like with trihexa in the dimension garp search for great red they were afraid if those two find each other they would fight and destroy the world

Last edited by Joulez97; 2018-07-02 at 20:53.
Old 2018-07-02, 20:52   Link #3067
Joulez97

Crom definitely surpass dgriad and Albion in raw power but the deference between those dragon is the hax crom would lost to them once they're start using the hax especially the flamethrower and poison from Albion and azi and apophis hax forbidden spell and black water will harm crom but crom will win with raw power as he demonstrate against vali and apophis is pretty much can't withstand power type for long because of the damage he'll received so crom win. All are heavenly dragon class just some are low HD, Mid HD and High HD prime dgraid and albion. Like example ajuka, sirzech and rizuvem. Rizuvem mid or low (fafnir nightmare weaken him mentally) super devil and ajuka and sirzech high super devil class
Old 2018-07-02, 21:18   Link #3068
Emperor of D.

@Xfire Vali's abilities help counter Azi forbidden magic but in the end he had to use his last resort of Longinus Smasher. Azi damaged Vali just as much as Crom except Azi took slightly more damage. For Apophis it was Issei's power or infinity that helped him counter Apophis darkness since when he was in CxC all of his attack was nullified by that darkness. And like Vali he to, had to use Longinus Smasher as a last resort since Infinity Blaster wasn't strong enough to overpower Apophis. So while Azi and Apophis lost to Vali and Issei they are still strong enough to give Crom a very hard time so the gap in power is not huge.

@Joules97 It's true that Apophis doesn't do well against straight power types which is why he has darkness and black water as a means to counter and cover any weaknesses.
Old 2018-07-02, 21:27   Link #3069
Joulez97

Emperor of D I know that what I said well not as well as u explain it but hey message got across
Old 2018-07-02, 23:23   Link #3070
Joulez97

Member to junior member I been demoted noo lool
I guess not well..
Old 2018-07-03, 00:13   Link #3071
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I've decided to close this thread, at least for now, because it derailed into a completely pointless power level discussion that got way out of hand. Maybe we will ban all power level discussion entirely if this is the level of maturity of the discussion that occurs. Anyway, when engaging other people on this forum, do not personally attack them for their opinions. If you think someone is arguing in bad faith or trying to poison the well (or any of the other sorts of things discussed in this forum rule) please just report the post. Don't engage in a debate with such people; it's a waste of everyone's time.

If there's something important that remains to be discussed about this novel, you can let me know and I'll consider if we re-open this thread to discuss it or not.