AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 38 Rating
Perfect 10 16 31.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 47.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 19.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-30, 21:24   Link #21
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

A rather delightful episode I must say. I am not going to compliment Yoki's silent movie cause thats old news to me, in other words, things may not be that funny the second time around but still good for Yoki (getting some screen-time). The only part I did find rather amusing during his silent movie was when cute lil Ms Armstrong threw that piano at Yoki, gosh beautiful Armstrong girls are sooo deceiving!

What I am curious about is the whole interaction between Scar and Winry. Could it be that their heart to heart has brought Winry some closure? Could it be that some friends become enemies and some enemies become friends? Ohh noooess!!!!
Old 2009-12-30, 22:11   Link #22
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

IMO this was probably the funniest episode of FMA to date, glad they finally put in a bit of Yoki's backstory, although I wish they could've also used it to explain May's presence in Amestrias as well.
Old 2009-12-30, 22:43   Link #23
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Good stuff, good stuff. The brothers' synchrony was awesome and how they dealt with the chimera was hilarious.

"Alphonse-sama"

Winry...Winry...Winry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Truly loved the Yoki flashback. The original black and white silent style was used very nicely. Had me laughing quite a bit, especially with the addition of the Armstrong sisters who haven't appeared at all yet in this adaptation.

Shame we have to wait two weeks to see one of the best scenes from the manga.
I found it unique and clever. They skipped over that so this was a great way to tell those who didn't watch the first series what happened. The only problem I had with it was it was a little too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
IMO this was probably the funniest episode of FMA to date, glad they finally put in a bit of Yoki's backstory, although I wish they could've also used it to explain May's presence in Amestrias as well.
They already told us that May is there to investigate immortality.
Old 2009-12-31, 04:41   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Al's anime original line "I'm a two timer?" was also nicely done. Forgot to mention that.
Old 2009-12-31, 08:31   Link #25
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Al's anime original line "I'm a two timer?" was also nicely done. Forgot to mention that.
I liked that one. So many romance protagonists would benefit from a realization like that.
Old 2009-12-31, 14:49   Link #26
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They already told us that May is there to investigate immortality.
In the manga May appears in a different fashion which I liked much more, and showed immediately the differences in alchemy and Xin alchemy.
Old 2009-12-31, 16:49   Link #27
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode XXXVIII: Clash in Baschool

I don't think it's too good of an idea to immerse down Yoki's memory lane, since the road trip to PastVille detracted me a little bit from the main fights in this episode.

Spoiler for First FMA:

Ok. Ed's gung-ho behavior and jokes were fine gold, preceded by Al's two-timer quote, and May's jealosy streak upon watching Winry coming out from Al's armor.

Alright, we needed even more fights with Scar against the chimeras, and the Elric Brothers against the chimeras.

It was just awestruck cool all the action, and the oozing attacks.

Spoiler:

BTW, for the newcomers FMA: Brotherhood takes a break due to New Years' Eve. So no FullMetal Alchemist episode until January the 10th.

Happy New Year's Eve!
Old 2010-01-01, 10:49   Link #28
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I don't think it's too good of an idea to immerse down Yoki's memory lane, since the road trip to PastVille detracted me a little bit from the main fights in this episode.

Spoiler for First FMA:
The whole flashback was told in an biased way since it was Yoki telling it. At least I thought that scene was purposely skewed to show he wasn't telling it exactly like it went down.
Old 2010-01-01, 13:52   Link #29
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The whole flashback was told in an biased way since it was Yoki telling it. At least I thought that scene was purposely skewed to show he wasn't telling it exactly like it went down.
That's what made it funny.
Old 2010-01-02, 00:23   Link #30
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I think someone at Bones was watching a little too much Yugioh the abridged series.
Old 2010-01-02, 03:37   Link #31
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The part where Ed is acting psychotic because of his new automail is hilarious.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2010-01-02, 16:34   Link #32
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
The part where Ed is acting psychotic because of his new automail is hilarious.
lol yea I loved that part, his mischievous side is one of the best things about his character
Miss Romi Paku has that laugh down perfectly
Old 2010-01-02, 17:56   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a pretty fun flashback. Damn you do not want to try and rob the Armstrong family. Love the one girl chucking a piano at him .

A touching moment though when Mustang made that phone call. It's really too bad that Riza can't feel comfortable talking even in her own home. The stress of knowing Pride could be watching at any time has to be overwhelming.
Old 2010-01-03, 02:49   Link #34
Jarmel

Ed and the new automail was a classic scene.
Old 2010-01-03, 03:20   Link #35
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the artwork seems a lot better as of the last two episodes. hmm. have yet to watch 38, but it has a few great moments in it based on where it is in the manga.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-01-04, 02:49   Link #36
OkamiNoKaze

Great episode. Yoki's silent movie flashback, was awewsome, especially some of Edward's expressions. and the break in to the Armstrong house. and 'AHHHHH!, chucks piano" I laughed through the whole scene. Got some Guyver vibes during the Chimera scene, might have to rewatch the greed episodes, but I don't remember Chimera's changing like that.
Old 2010-01-04, 03:31   Link #37
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

what's the thing on Ed's automail(Leg) ?
Old 2010-01-04, 11:54   Link #38
Kirarakim

Definitely one of the better episodes of Brotherhood. I loved the Yoki flashback, especially Ed's evil grin. I also liked the fillerish scenes of Yoki meeting the Armstrong sisters. It was nice to get that scene in with Catherine and the piano somehow.

Normally I don't like when Brotherhood switches the order of events around. But this time I liked how they showed Scar abducting Winry before something else.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised with this episode. Besides the Yoki bits, Ed and Al's fight with the chimeras were very funny. I also loved the black/white/blue scene with Olivier & Buccaneer. It was nice to see that scene in color so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazzy Angel View Post
what's the thing on Ed's automail(Leg) ?
It's a shin guard. Remember Winry said that the Northern automail will be lighter but it will also lose some strength in the process. She gave that to him to replace some of the strength.
Old 2010-01-04, 18:55   Link #39
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Overall I was pleasantly surprised with this episode. Besides the Yoki bits, Ed and Al's fight with the chimeras were very funny. I also loved the black/white/blue scene with Olivier & Buccaneer. It was nice to see that scene in color so to speak.
I agree, but man they made Buccanear's grin way freakier than it was in the manga.
Old 2010-01-04, 21:04   Link #40
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

So there is no FMA 39 this week? agrr well at least Heroes is back!

Anywho, if I was Ed I would at this point be thinking that not having his human arm and leg might not be such a bad thing after all. I mean having a chick like Winry around taking care of the mechanic certainly has its perks and without automail well.... half of Winry's purpose would fly out the window.

At any rate I really love how this second version gets Winry involved a lot more in the whole plot of the series cause in the first one she was just a very cute fixture.
Closed Thread